Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser (1026 Views)

Guys: Do You Remember Buying And Using Any Of These? / Which Do You Prefer? Operamini Or UC Browser? / Opera Mini Mobile Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Hydronium(m): 7:06am On Sep 11, 2014
I look back and i'm visibly shaken at how far technology has gone. In those days all we had(after opera3) was Solibay and I'd install it on my then trending Nokia 6600 as the Web browser on symbian phones were whack. And for my mind, I was browsing at killer speed...
One significant thing I used to like it for was Its flexibility in modification. Inexhaustible settings...
Please let me know what you remember about it (If you're an Android generation, forgelt :-) )

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Hydronium(m): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2014
Hydronium: I look back and i'm visibly shaken at how far technology has gone. In those days all we had(after opera3) was Solibay and I'd install it on my then trending Nokia 6600 as the Web browser on symbian phones were whack. And for my mind, I was browsing at killer speed...
One significant thing I used to like it for was Its flexibility in modification. Inexhaustible settings...
Please let me know what you remember about it (If you're an Android generation, forgelt :-) )

Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Nsonaso(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2014
Hydronium: I look back and i'm visibly shaken at how far technology has gone. In those days all we had(after opera3) was Solibay and I'd install it on my then trending Nokia 6600 as the Web browser on symbian phones were whack. And for my mind, I was browsing at killer speed...

It's called Solibay Browser Xtra, Nigerian Flag was the logo.... I used it on My Nokia 3230 and N70 then 2008 when data charges was a rip off

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Hydronium(m): 10:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Nsonaso:

It's called Solibay Browser Xtra, Nigerian Flag was the logo.... I used it on My Nokia 3230 and N70 then 2008 when data charges was a rip off

Finally, here's someone who knows...
Issue is, is Solibay a kind of Opera? And why did it have the Nigeria Flag, was it designed by a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Francheezy(m): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mennn does days of modding operamini, using handler apps and cast, boys been no dey pay for browsing.. chaiii but e Don pass shaaa. I remember solibay
Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mehn...How time flies! Solibay was my best browser then, and Nokia 3230 was the bomb and that's cause I never paid a dime on data. Browsing with Solibay was always free with its never ending sets of settings. Solibay is a modded Opera by Nigerians, that's why it had the Nigerian flag. God bless those guys who made Solibay possibly. One reason why I could never forget Solibay is because the curiosity to know how to configure Solibay for free browsing made me develop interest in Mobile technology and today I can confidently say one or two things when it comes to MobiTech.
Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Nsonaso(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hydronium:

Finally, here's someone who knows...
Issue is, is Solibay a kind of Opera? And why did it have the Nigeria Flag, was it designed by a Nigerian?
Yeah Solibay Browser Xtra is a moded version of Opera mini 2.0 by a Nigerian called Solibay I think..
Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by alkanes1(m): 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
Solibay browser used to rock then with tweaks.wap.mtnonline.com@80.232.117.10 if u can remember
Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by mikron(m): 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yeah i remember solibay, used to be my fav, i rmbr i used it on my nokia n95. Time flies
Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Hydronium(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hahaha see men.. Old soldiers. Http://10.71.170.80/mtnonline/play@94.246.126.96:80/
** who still does that lol. Network provider sef don wise up.
But do you think those days can ever come back? smiley

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Hydronium(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hahaha see men.. Old soldiers.
Proxy server Http://10.71.170.80/mtnonline/play@94.246.126.96:80/

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by kennyslim1(m): 4:18am On Sep 12, 2014
Hydronium: Hahaha see men.. Old soldiers.
Proxy server Http://10.71.170.80/mtnonline/play@94.246.126.96:80/

No android don dey, if they come back ehn, na die lol
Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 12, 2014
Re: How Many Of You Remember Solibay Browser by rekeson: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2014
Solibay Xtra still have one of the best download managers on mobile. Only uc browser download manager comes close!!!

Resuming of downloads is something that is not that easy with other opera mini brands.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Know How To Root My Tecno S3 / Memory card / MTN Free 6000 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.