Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,751 members, 7,802,301 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland (6869 Views)

Special IITA Variety Of Cassava Stems Available For Sale. / Heinz Tomato Hybrid Seeds available for sale. / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 7:49am On Sep 11, 2014
I represent Cassavahub NG and we have TME 419 Cassava stems in large quantities all-year round. We are located in Eruwa/Lanlante Axis. I can supply any quantity and also have transport to any location if large quantities. for lower quantities, you will responsible to pick it up yourself.

Buzz me if you are interested. Please call or whatsapp me on 08037687072 or 07056303044. Thanks.

Ń. B:This is to inform you that we are here to help replenish all this beaten by floods and we will give special discount for flood affected areas purchases. Regards.

1 Like

Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 7:49am On Sep 17, 2014
#Sundayspecialwitholucassava: "The 'K' Factor In Cassava Production"

Cassava as we know it today is an industrial crop with potential to create massive wealth for us here in Nigeria. However, production of cassava in this sphere is still been challenged by low yield which is caused by myriad of factors such as low soil fertility, pests and diseases, and climate variability. One of the key factor that affects cassava yield is what I called "K factor".

Potassium (K) is one of the three essential macronutrients that cassava requires for healthy growth and development and it's mostly ignored by farmers (both old and new generation ones). In fact It plays a critical role in many of its physiological processes, such as water and nutrient uptake, photosynthesis, and protein synthesis. In Thailand, they put careful planning into their cassava production and thus they achieve about 60 to 80 tons per hectare yield on most of their variety.

In cassava, "K" is particularly important for root growth and development, as well as for starch accumulation in cassava roots.

The "K factor" in cassava production refers to the level of available potassium in the soil, which can influence plant growth, yield, and quality. When "K" is deficient, cassava plants may exhibit symptoms such as stunted growth, yellowing of leaves, and low root yield. On the other hand, when "K" is sufficiently available, cassava plants can produce larger and healthier roots, with higher starch content and better resistance to pests and diseases.

Several factors can affect the availability of "K" in the soil, including soil texture, pH, organic matter content, and soil moisture. Sandy soils, for example, tend to have lower "K" retention capacity than clay soils, which can result in leaching of K and reduced plant uptake. Similarly, acidic soils with pH below 5.5 may have low K availability, as "K" ions are more likely to be bound to soil particles or lost through erosion. High levels of soil organic matter and good soil moisture can help improve "K" availability, as they promote K release from organic matter decomposition and mineral weathering.

"K" deficiency can have a significant economic impact on cassava production. The cost of "K" deficiency in cassava production can be seen in several ways. First, K deficiency can lead to a reduction in cassava yield. The yield losses can range from 10-60%, depending on the severity of "K" deficiency, soil type, and other environmental factors. For example an hectare of cassava farm that is to yield average of 30 tons is already reduced to about 15tons if 50% case of "K" deficiency is present, which means if cassava is to be sold at N30,000 per ton You will have lost N450,000 on each hectare of cassava planted. The lower yield will result in reduced income for farmers as stated above, and it can also contribute to food insecurity in the country.

Second, "K" deficiency can also impact the quality of cassava roots. Cassava roots with low "K" content may have lower starch content, making them less desirable for processing into food products such as cassava flour, starch, or chips. This can reduce the market value of cassava and result in lower prices for farmers.

Third, "K" deficiency can increase the susceptibility of cassava plants to pests and diseases, such as cassava mosaic disease, cassava brown streak disease, and mealybugs. The pest and disease infestation can further reduce cassava yields and quality, resulting in additional economic losses for farmers.

Overall, the cost of "K" deficiency in cassava production can be significant, with estimates suggesting losses of up to 60% of potential yield.

To ensure optimal "K" levels in cassava production, farmers can adopt several strategies, including soil testing, fertilizer application, and crop rotation. Soil testing is the first step in determining the overall status of the soil, measuring the macronutrients and micronutrients levels, which will allow determine the appropriate fertilizer rate. Depending on the soil test results, farmers may need to apply K fertilizer in the form of potassium chloride (KCl) and potassium sulfate (K2SO4) popularly called Muriate of Potash (MOP) in Nigeria, or other K-containing fertilizers like NPK 15-15-15 or NPK 20-10-10. Though "K" blend in this is minimal. It is also important to note that excessive K application can lead to nutrient imbalances, as well as environmental pollution from fertilizer runoff due to erosion.

Crop rotation can also help improve "K" availability in the soil, as different crops have varying "K" requirements and uptake patterns. Legume crops, for example, can fix atmospheric nitrogen and improve soil fertility, which can benefit cassava growth and yield. Additionally, intercropping cassava with legumes or other crops can help reduce soil erosion and enhance nutrient cycling, as well as provide diversification and risk management for farmers.

The timing of potassium (K) application to cassava can have a significant impact on crop yield and quality. In general, "K" fertilizer should be applied at different growth stages of the cassava plant to ensure optimal nutrient uptake and utilization.

The first application of "K" fertilizer is typically recommended at planting or shortly after planting. This helps to provide a sufficient supply of K to support early root and shoot growth and development. The amount of "K" fertilizer applied at planting may vary depending on soil test results and the specific nutrient requirements of the cassava variety being grown.

The second application of "K" fertilizer is usually done around 2 to 3 months after planting, when the cassava plants have reached the vegetative growth stage. At this stage, cassava plants require a significant amount of K for the formation and development of tuberous roots. A split application approach, where K fertilizer is applied in two or more applications, is often recommended to ensure a consistent supply of K throughout the growing season.

The final application of K fertilizer may be done during the early stages of root maturity, typically around 6-7months after planting. This helps to ensure that the cassava plants have sufficient K reserves to support the final stages of root growth and starch accumulation.

It is important to note that the timing and rate of "K" fertilizer application may vary depending on the soil type, climatic conditions, and cassava variety being grown. Therefore, farmers are encouraged to consult with agronomists for specific recommendations on K fertilizer management practices that are appropriate for their climatic and farming conditions.

In conclusion, it is clear that "K factor" is a critical component of cassava production, as it affects its growth, yield, and quality. Applying "K" fertilizer at the right time and rate is crucial for optimal cassava growth, development, and yield. By adopting appropriate K management practices, farmers can ensure a sufficient supply of K to support the growth and development of cassava plants throughout the growing season, resulting in higher yields and better quality roots
By ensuring optimal "K" levels in cassava production, farmers can increase their yields and incomes, while also contributing to food security and sustainable agriculture.

***Any questions can be asked under this thread. ***

#SundayspecialwithOlucassava

*** Contact us for any cassvava related issues either you want to buy or sell on anything cassvava.
Call: 07056303044.

https://www./1196168370405991/permalink/6362118047144305/
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 1:12am On Sep 19, 2014
Is there no more cassava farmers?
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by securi: 2:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Can someone still plant cassava at this time of the year?
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 7:39am On Sep 19, 2014
Why not? Its the best time to plant. It becomes dangerous after October. I'm still planting now. It even help save on weeding as you spray a strong pre-emergence after planting and that should push you to next year of little weed competition.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by leoprince: 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
Anyone with the TME 419 cassava? need it at regular intervals.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Call me on 08037687072. Thanks
leoprince:
Anyone with the TME 419 cassava? need it at regular intervals.
Call me on 08037687072. Thanks
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2015
It's the season of cassava now, you can order your high quality cassava stems here... 08037687072.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by Alpha2k(m): 4:30am On Sep 14, 2015
Op, state your price.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 3:37am On Dec 14, 2016
Last minute planting loading...
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by dreko(m): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
olushowunm:
Last minute planting loading...
Hi, pls.reach me on kadeluk@yahoo.co.uk I'm interested in both stems and the mature TME 419 Cassava. Your number is not connecting.

Regards!
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by romakvine(m): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
New year opportunity; Free seminar on how to make billions of Naira on AGRICULTURE is awaiting you @ no 19 Olayiwola Street off Jubril Martins High School , Oniwaya, Agege. Registration Fee is N2,000 only. Date: 7th January 2017, Time; 10am. 08035642316,08035737341,08131184482
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by tbfeyi: 7:35am On Feb 02, 2017
Gud morning house, please I want to move in into cassava plantation and I need to know the really buyer? Also things I need to put in place
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
Check Thai Farms... Allied Distillery... And Co.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by Ken4agent(m): 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
pls what is yur price per bundle of yur TME 419 ??
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ken4agent:
pls what is yur price per bundle of yur TME 419 ??
call me up on 08037687072. Thanks.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by Ken4agent(m): 9:21am On Feb 06, 2017
olushowunm:
call me up on 08037687072. Thanks.

thanks for your enquiries....pls do chat with us on WhatsApp for info

1 Like

Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by vineyardfarms: 9:18am On Jul 16, 2017
olushowunm:
I have TME 419 Cassava stems I want to dispose, my farm is located in Lanlante Axis. I can supply any quantity and also have transport to any location. Buzz me if you are interested. Please call me on 08037687072 or add me on BBM: 3342dc71. Thanks.

How much per bundle. I need truck load to calabàŕ at Akamkpa LGA
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
vineyardfarms:

How much per bundle. I need truck load to calabàŕ at Akamkpa LGA
Call me... lets discuss...
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by vineyardfarms: 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=olushowunm post=58512398] Call me... lets discuss...[/qusureot

Sure will thanks
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 9:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
Cassavahub.ng lauching soon!
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 9:10am On Sep 02, 2017
Still available..
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2017
This is one of the best I have planted. Its yield is wonderful.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2017
happybrother:
This is one of the best I have planted. Its yield is wonderful.
How was ur experience?
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
Waiting for ur experience?
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hurray! @CassavaHUBNG now online.... check it out here.... http://cassavahub.ng/
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
Still available...
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by AkinladeMary: 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2018
Please I want to ask the house if they know about the cassava they transport to China.. .is it TME 419?
And if it is, is the person still selling the variety?
Thank you
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2018
AkinladeMary:
Please I want to ask the house if they know about the cassava they transport to China.. .is it TME 419?
And if it is, is the person still selling the variety?
Thank you
Yes sir ... Call me on 08037687072.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
Thank God for the rains.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by Mario01boss(m): 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2019
good day, am so greateful for this kind of opportunity given to me i have cassave for sale at owode ketu yewa south of ogun state this is my contact no 07062927666 or email me at
burton01matthew@gmail.com if you are interested you can call for any how you want it thanks.
Re: TME 419 Cassava Stems Available from the most trusted supplier on nairaland by olushowunm(m): 12:41am On Feb 22, 2019
Let the booking starts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rabbit Farming And Value Addition / ASA Mangala dried fish In Cartons (pics) / Farm Land Needed In Abuja And Its Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.