Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,852 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:35 AM

GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened (53082 Views)

Career In Geosciences (geology, Geophysics, Mining, Petroleum Engineer) / Geoscientist And Their Area Of Specialization. / Who Wants To Be A Petroleum Engineer? Please Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by marcondo13: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Tarebreezy:
Hello all,

I have been following this thread with great interest and I have learnt a lot. I am a graduate of geology from Delta State University and would like to do my masters in Reservoir Geology or Petroleum geosciences. Problem is I'm having problems with choosing a school. Apart from the UK because of their visa policy are there any countries or schools one would advise me to choose. Also can anyone advise on Laser Engineering. Would one recommend them over a Master Degree in a Nigerian University? I have done my HSe 1,2,3 with Novelle. Looking forward to your replies. Tareluv@gmail.com is my email address. @ifoundmyperfect and others please help a brother.

UK is majorly for ignorant folks. Sharp guys school in the Schengen zone,which is largely tuition free. Why buy a cow when you can get its milk for free? You can check out Norway (competition na die at NTNU and Stavanger and it is open to 2:1 and above), Austria or Germany,but I think getting your documentation ready and getting a visa to Germany will be easier and faster than Austria,though,I can assist you on admission to study in English for MSc Petroleum Engineering at Montanuniversitat Leoben,if your CGPA is okay.
As for Germany,it is competitive because Geosciences are majorly taught in English. Visit www.daad.de and input your search parameters. If you are interested in studying MSc Environmental and Resources Management,send a scanned copy of your transcripts to schaller@b-tu.de and Beatrice.nowotnick@b-tu.de. They will evaluate it and inform you if you are eligible to apply. As for visa,you will need a statement of account with 11000 euros to get an Austrian visa while you will need to transfer 8040 euros to a blocked account in your name in Germany.
It is up to you.

3 Likes

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:
SHELL graduate program is currently on;

Requirements for application;
Who we’re looking for:
§ Graduates who finished with a very good degree at the Undergraduate level

§ Graduates who are currently engaged in or have finished their National Youth Service

§ Graduates with less than four years post graduation experience

Follow link below to apply; Thank you so much

http://www.shell.com/global/aboutshell/careers/students-and-graduates/shell-graduate-programme/recruitment_day/app-shellrd-myapplication.html

Upon completion, you'd be sent an email to partake in an online test in different stages...

Part 1: Competency Based Questionaire

Part 2: Decision making and Problem solving test (Numerical Reasoning)

Next stage is an Interview... It could be telephone based or face-to-face

Best of luck!

***IT ENDS NOV 13TH
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
ifoundmyperfect...
wow just wow....I just stumbled on this thread...good work sir,when I download the materials hope I can contact you for the password
and guys please what do you think about a masters in petroleum Geology/sedimentology in a federal uni in nigeria
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ADEWALE7777: 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hey here...its been long here pls I really need any relevant textbooks on terrain analysis
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ineriteitee: 2:20am On Dec 24, 2015
Wow just getting to know about this thread...great work guys, am a graduate of Petroleum Engineering and have served my NYSC, still trying to find my path.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Samotobor1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=Tarebreezy post=39439355]Hello all,

I have been following this thread with great interest and I have learnt a lot. I am a graduate of geology from Delta State University and would like to do my masters in Reservoir Geology or Petroleum geosciences. Problem is I'm having problems with choosing a school. Apart from the UK because of their visa policy are there any countries or schools one would advise me to choose. Also can anyone advise on Laser Engineering. Would one recommend them over a Master Degree in a Nigerian University? I have done my HSe 1,2,3 with Novelle. Looking forward to your replies. Tareluv@gmail.com is my email address. @ifoundmyperfect and others please help a brother.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by E383: 1:19am On Jan 14, 2016
marcondo13:

UK is majorly for ignorant folks. Sharp guys school in the Schengen zone,which is largely tuition free. Why buy a cow when you can get its milk for free? You can check out Norway (competition na die at NTNU and Stavanger and it is open to 2:1 and above), Austria or Germany,but I think getting your documentation ready and getting a visa to Germany will be easier and faster than Austria,though,I can assist you on admission to study in English for MSc Petroleum Engineering at Montanuniversitat Leoben,if your CGPA is okay.
As for Germany,it is competitive because Geosciences are majorly taught in English. Visit www.daad.de and input your search parameters. If you are interested in studying MSc Environmental and Resources Management,send a scanned copy of your transcripts to schaller@b-tu.de and Beatrice.nowotnick@b-tu.de. They will evaluate it and inform you if you are eligible to apply. As for visa,you will need a statement of account with 11000 euros to get an Austrian visa while you will need to transfer 8040 euros to a blocked account in your name in Germany.
It is up to you.

I am interested in this. Do have any information about a PhD in petroleum engineering from any of the institutions you have affiliations?

I have interests in the Netherlands, been trying to get a contact, yet without success.

Can you help?
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 14, 2016
Cc nitefury

marcondo13:

It is up to you.

1 Like

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
Cool
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
Cc nitefury

What of Canada or Malaysia over UK or US. Is it worth giving it your all to try do masters in either of these two countries (Canada, Malaysia) with hopes of staying back afterwards. What is your best advice. I am also a Geology graduate by the way, looking forward to do my Msc in petroleum Engineering. Thanks
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 07, 2016
ifoundmyperfect:

Check your email

Please modify this post and remove my email. I'm getting too much spam messages.
=> https://www.nairaland.com/1898052/geoscientist-petroleum-engineers-haven-empowered/11
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 02, 2016
Why is this thread so dry? What up everyone, the gurus, IfoundmyPerfect sir, ladies in the field.., where you all at... Please we need to keep the fire burning in here, we need to keep the learning process and sharing info on in here as well. Pleaseeeee....
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 02, 2016
I have strong technical knowledge of Eclipse 100 and 300 for dynamic modeling; Petrel RE for creating a simple model; OFM for decline curve analysis; Saphir for Well Test Interpretation; MBAL for Material Balance Modeling, PROSPER for production optimization. if you're interested in learning any of these softwares, I can teach you, but it will cost you.

Now that oil prices have fallen and majority of the O&G coys are not recruiting, this is the time for undergrad and grad students to hone their technical skills so that by the time the oil prices rise again, you'll not be found wanting. Competition is fierce now in the industry. You must be able to prove yourself

Seize this opportunity to learn from me.

"I'm not afraid of the storms, for I am learning how to sail my own ship"

I rest my case.

where are you bro, you are so right. I am a geologist, I don't know any of these, please I need any training I can get from anyone right now. Help a sis please.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 02, 2016
ifoundmyperfect:

Welcome on board! No such thing as lateness.
Download the eBooks I have made available on this thread..
Send an email to make a request for the ones I have brought down its the link...
If you are in Lagos, holla at me for a free installation of Petrel or Oga osaki if you are in PH...
Abuja nko? Anyone pleaseeeeee.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 9:16pm On May 06, 2016
Hello People!
This thread has been silent for far tooooooo long. My deepest apologies. I feared for the previous state of this thread. It has entirely been attributed to my workload. It's beem too demanding. Let's see how it gets for the next couple of days, weeks and probably months.

I'd like to state herein that I have gotten a lot of positive feedbacks, requests, counsel via email. I do try to respond to them all at any chance I get.

I figured some mails I got may be of benefit to some followers and potential followers of this thread. So I'd try to b more active on this platform, so as to reduce the number of  emails I receive that some of you can relate with.

Well, as usual, I am loaded! 
I go start to fire from monday.  cool cool
I have a couple of things to share with you guys. I also have a pet project up my sleeves for the benefit of some of the followers of this thread. I'd reveal to you as time goes by. Shine your eyes!‎ shocked shocked shocked

So people, abeg join me to keep this thread alive. This is one of those few thread that'll still stay relevant even in the next geologic era. Even after #EndTime. Lol

Thanks guys!‎

3 Likes

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 9:30pm On May 06, 2016
Adazlolly:
Abuja nko? Anyone pleaseeeeee.

Hopefully we'd have an Abuja connection.
Pending that time, whenever i'd be making a trip outside lagos environs, I'd inform you guys so we can rendezvous...
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 12:35am On May 07, 2016
ifoundmyperfect:

Hopefully we'd have an Abuja connection.
Pending that time, whenever i'd be making a trip outside lagos environs, I'd inform you guys so we can rendezvous...
Cool, can't wait.
I am thinking we could from time to time have a kinda of weekend stowaway, (forgive me I am that crazy) can be kind of picnic or training, where those who are versed in one software or another can share, teach and train those interested. There we can share experiences and opportunities, invite colleagues and friends who are not here, you know, We can always shift, from town to town. So that all can benefit.
It's time we become cool expatriates to other countries too, and we can do so together.. I so much believe in what I call 'teaching or learning by experience'
Let me stop here, someone should modify this dream of mine and let's see what we can make out of it.
Thanks again Val for reaching out to me today.

1 Like

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 8:06am On May 07, 2016
Adazlolly:
Cool, can't wait.
I am thinking we could from time to time have a kinda of weekend stowaway, (forgive me I am that crazy) can be kind of picnic or training, where those who are versed in one software or another can share, teach and train those interested. There we can share experiences and opportunities, invite colleagues and friends who are not here, you know, We can always shift, from town to town. So that all can benefit.
It's time we become cool expatriates to other countries too, and we can do so together.. I so much believe in what I call 'teaching or learning by experience'
Let me stop here, someone should modify this dream of mine and let's see what we can make out of it.

That's great brilliant idea. Though time costly. Truth is, it's the pet project I have in mind. That is, meeting with a couple of this thread's followers one on one and giving counsel, sharing softwares, exclusive e-books, and training (3-5days meeting). This will commence from Lagos (charity begins at home). It's all going to be free (No hidden charges. Except d moni wey u go use enter transport come or burn ontop fuel). Period for this to be announced much later. Thanks for your contribution Ada.

1 Like

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 07, 2016
ifoundmyperfect:

That's great brilliant idea. Though time costly. Truth is, it's the pet project I have in mind. That is, meeting with a couple of this thread's followers one on one and giving counsel, sharing softwares, exclusive e-books, and training (3-5days meeting). This will commence from Lagos (charity begins at home). It's all going to be free (No hidden charges. Except d moni wey u go use enter transport come or burn ontop fuel). Period for this to be announced much later. Thanks for your contribution Ada.
Welcome, Really can't wait for this to start. You never know how far this will go, I tell you. God who put this idea into you will make you fulfill it, we all are here equally to support. I personally will like to hear lots of success stories from this thread, will be so glad to be part of this.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Danoluwa(m): 11:15pm On May 07, 2016
hello house I have 2 questions.
Firstly, I will like to know more on the application of GIS in geosciences.
Secondly, I am currently looking at a phd in petroleum geociences but on a second though am considering doing another msc in energy and environmental management to broaden my career prospect due to the current situation in the petroleum industry. I already have three yrs working experience covering modelling, wellsite geology, formation evaluation and drilling.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 3:13pm On May 09, 2016
Fellas, I've got my hands tied, but in a bid to live up to fulfil the promise for today, I'll be sharing an ebook that will be up for just this week.

The book "Production Handbook" is to contribute to efficient performance by all Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Operations staff, by providing quick access to and practical guidance on their own and related disciplines’ technology.

I decided to share a book that can meet the intellectual demands of both geoscientist and pertoleum engineers as you'd find in its robust content listing.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/97xrjmyjp5akmbc/Petrophysical%20Engineering%20-%20Production%20handbook%20by%20SHELL.pdf?dl=0

1 Like

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 3:40pm On May 09, 2016
For lovers of statistics in petroleum engineering and geoscience department, you'd find this helpful...

However, to be at the top of your game in the industry, you need to have a balanced knowledge in statistics...

Enjoy!

*This link will be up for a longer while.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh6a08hhvrgvdgl/Statistics%20for%20Petroleum%20Engineers%20and%20Geoscientists.pdf?dl=0

1 Like

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 4:01pm On May 09, 2016
Danoluwa:
hello house I have 2 questions.
Firstly, I will like to know more on the application of GIS in geosciences.
Secondly, I am currently looking at a phd in petroleum geociences but on a second though am considering doing another msc in energy and environmental management to broaden my career prospect due to the current situation in the petroleum industry. I already have three yrs working experience covering modelling, wellsite geology, formation evaluation and drilling.

Bro, I am not so conversant with GIS usage in geoscience. So i'd leave that part for another fellow to attend to...

Regarding your Ph.D pursuit, I think its a great idea, likewise pursuing an Msc in Environmental management. But i'm sorta lost because i didn't get to read the part where you highlighted your intent on the basis on having a passion for it, asides the career prospects.

If you are familiar with the oil and gas industry, you'd realize that this current strain in global oil prices is just momentary. No be today e for start. Oil price will still gradually pick up. You are already on a good standing having a 3 years experience that covers "MAJOR SPECIALIZE SELLERS" in the industry. Haba! Build your fortress on that.... A Ph.D in geoscience will also be an excellent recipe. But bear this in mind, it only increases your chances as a consultant (with an appreciable years of experience), but the monetary side is slightly more that what a MSc holder with similar years of experience. You can lookup AAPG's page for current salary earnings categorized by Bsc, Msc and Ph.D holders.

Discover your passion and let it drive you. If na money dey drive you, focus more in building your already acquired skillset and probably add an Msc in an area you feel is equally in high demand (you'd be rushed after like rain in a desert, esp when the oil price picks up)... But If na knowledge dey drive you, satisfy you inquisitive mindset and go for a Ph.D

The choice is yours! wink
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Danoluwa(m): 12:05am On May 10, 2016
@ifoundmyperfect, thanks.
I really have serious interest in environmental issues and sustainable development. And my main aim is to become an expert in energy and environment. I know its not easy but its possible.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Getrich47(m): 11:21pm On May 22, 2016
Adazlolly:
Cool, can't wait.

I think this is a great idea.....if possible I'd like to pass some knowledge on reservoir engineering softwares.....cheers!

2 Likes

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 7:11am On May 23, 2016
Getrich47:

I think this is a great idea.....if possible I'd like to pass some knowledge on reservoir engineering softwares.....cheers!
That will be good. What's your location.?
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Getrich47(m): 12:25pm On May 24, 2016
Adazlolly:

That will be good. What's your location.?

Port Harcourt
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by zobel(m): 9:36am On Jun 25, 2016
www.nairaland.com/3184460/residing-north-want-learn-petrel

Also you can chat me up on whatsapp: 08085357689
This is a chance for us in the north to also learn more about our field of study so I encourage us all to make good use of this opportunity. Thanks and God bless
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by omoneyoj(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Good day to my geoscientist in the house, am an undergraduate of remote sensing and gis in FUTA, I will appreciate if I can get experience from my senior once in the field on how, and what to know when come to softwares that will help me after my undergraduate level.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by jabberjawz: 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2016
omoneyoj:
Good day to my geoscientist in the house, am an undergraduate of remote sensing and gis in FUTA, I will appreciate if I can get experience from my senior once in the field on how, and what to know when come to softwares that will help me after my undergraduate level.

Read thru page 12 of d thread.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by omoneyoj(m): 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
jabberjawz:

Read thru page 12 of d thread.
Owk thank u sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Man Meets A Woman Driving Keke Napep In Anambra, Gets Surprised (Photos) / Fire Fighter, Dooshima Dennis, Wows In New Photos / How Much Can A Petrol Station Manager Earn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.