Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened (53333 Views)

Career In Geosciences (geology, Geophysics, Mining, Petroleum Engineer) / Geoscientist And Their Area Of Specialization. / Who Wants To Be A Petroleum Engineer? Please Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Priceless200(f): 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
Guys check this out
[2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (1) - Nigeria] is good,have a look at it! https://www.nairaland.com/3444534/2017-2018-ptdf-scholarship-scheme/1
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by petengine(m): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2016
Please your contributions and suggestions are needed urgently.

A well is to produce from 3 payzones without commingling, which of this completion configuration best fit the design process.
1. Using SINGLE STRING SELECTIVE COMPLETION where the zones are produced one after the other. The bottom produces first to abandonment and is plugged in then the second bottom is open for production and so on.
2. DUAL STRING - TRIZONE COMPLETION where the well produces from two tubings (bottom and second bottom Payzone) while the uppermost zone produces from casing.
3. MULTI-ZONE TRIPLE COMPLETION where the well produces simultaneously from 3 tubings.

Note: the well is to produce without commingling.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
Priceless200:
Guys check this out
[2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) - Education (1) - Nigeria] is good,have a look at it! https://www.nairaland.com/3444534/2017-2018-ptdf-scholarship-scheme/1

Thank you for sharing Priceless200
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
petengine:
Please your contributions and suggestions are needed urgently.

A well is to produce from 3 payzones without commingling, which of this completion configuration best fit the design process.
1. Using SINGLE STRING SELECTIVE COMPLETION where the zones are produced one after the other. The bottom produces first to abandonment and is plugged in then the second bottom is open for production and so on.
2. DUAL STRING - TRIZONE COMPLETION where the well produces from two tubings (bottom and second bottom Payzone) while the uppermost zone produces from casing.
3. MULTI-ZONE TRIPLE COMPLETION where the well produces simultaneously from 3 tubings.

Note: the well is to produce without commingling.

1 seem like a waste of time.

2 appears to be imperfect. Producing through casing may negatively impact flowing and wellhead pressure while the remaining two completions sound reasonable.

3; Using three tubings is not a common practice because of the limited size of ID of casing

In my own opinion, I think using two tubings to target two completions and putting the third completion behind sleeve in which you open later when you are through with one of the two completion below.

So for the late response. Next time if its so urgent, please send an email.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by petengine(m): 9:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
ifoundmyperfect:

1 seem like a waste of time.

2 appears to be imperfect. Producing through casing may negatively impact flowing and wellhead pressure while the remaining two completions sound reasonable.

3; Using three tubings is not a common practice because of the limited size of ID of casing

In my own opinion, I think using two tubings to target two completions and putting the third completion behind sleeve in which you open later when you are through with one of the two completion below.

So for the late response. Next time if its so urgent, please send an email.

Thanks for your contributions. It was helpful
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by yinkeys(m): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2017
ifoundmyperfect:

Send me a PM
I'd like to know the outcome of this sir, & the advice that was dished out.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by jaeyikeh(m): 9:21am On Dec 07, 2017
I need help as to where to apply for IT as a geology student
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Geofavor(m): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
Why is this thread dead?
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Geofavor(m): 6:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
ifoundmyperfect:
SEQUENCE STRATIGTAPHY!

The above used to be my most dreaded area in geology back in school...
I recall sometime in the past when i just joined the industry...
I was an active seismic interpreter and geomodeler in practice..
I knew the whole workflow to get a job done...
I could used any software to deliver what ever you wanted to see...
But I was lacking in an aspect..
Which was getting the concept on why we do some of the things we do..
How to troubleshoot when anomaly or challenges arises...
All these can only be answered if one understands his basic geology/geophysics
I flunked my interview!!

Most of the questions asked where centered on Environment of Deposition, Sequence Stratigraphy,
Basin analysis, Fault analysis and so on... 10% was on seismic interpretation (na for only here i manage shine small)... 2% was on software usage and proficiency...

No one needed to tell me to go back to my roots and READ!!!
That's why I've been so passionate in establishing than younger geoscientists get enlightened thru reading...
A question can come from anywhere...
Even though they may specify the position that is being opened..

As a geoscientist, you need to be conversant in both geology and geophysics..
Groom yourself into an integrated geoscientist...
Your market value no go be in Naira...
READ & RESEARCH!!

Most of what we do is reservoir studies.. All of which is being carried out be a team of integrated professionals
Ranging from a Petrophysicist who analyses the logs >> Seismic Interpreter who interprets the Seismic Section (either 2D or 3D) and produce surfaces>> A Geomodeler who creates static models for all reservoir levels of interest and finally to a Reservoir Engineer who carry out simulation/dynamic modeling...

What kills many of us is the mentality of "this is my area of specialization" It wont kill you to have an idea of what is being done in other disciplines. I cannot over-emphasis to relevance of reading or having good books to make references. And asking questions. Abeg una! If you are a follower of this thread, take it seriously. I don't know how far i'd be able to keep up with it.

The books i'd b be sharing today are centered around sequence stratigraphy. It was given to me by a Ph.D holder in sequence stratigraphy. He called it one of the key essentials for every sequence stratigrapher and wannabees. If una see the folder within folders, within folders wey this oga comot this ebook (Principles Of Sequence Stratigraphy) from, fear start to dey catch me. I Thought it was a confidential document on national security.

I have put these books (they are three in number) into a compressed folder and uploaded to dropbox. Will be sharing the link shortly.

This time around, I have decided not to make the download link expire or bring it down in any other form, except i see the need too. But instead, I have chosen to password the file. Any interested persons sld PM me for the password.

DON'T DROP YOUR EMAILS!!!

Enjoy Now, Thank Me Later!
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by nuel000: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
Please which of these branches of Petroleum engineering is the most lucrative?
Drilling
Production
Reservoir
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by petengine(m): 7:04am On Sep 09, 2020
Free Webinar | Leveraging Process Digitalisation to Improve Asset Management Efficiency.

Date: Thursday, September 10, 2020
Time: 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (WAT)

Register for FREE!

Check out the details right here: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6709020758129037313/
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by eusuph99: 10:10am On Sep 23, 2020
Good morning guys. This group is not active at all. Please, the admin that created this group should try and send things beneficial to graduates looking for jobs and undergraduates as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks 2,000 University Workers - Punch / Beautiful Female Engineer Turned Painter / Debate: Money Better Than Education (support Or Oppose)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.