Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened (53336 Views)

Career In Geosciences (geology, Geophysics, Mining, Petroleum Engineer) / Geoscientist And Their Area Of Specialization. / Who Wants To Be A Petroleum Engineer? Please Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by malaoluolateju: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
Bro, thank u for d Data. Ur resources av been keeping me busy. Gracias

1 Like

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Candyrain(m): 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
ifoundmyperfect:
follow the link below to download those books

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sllo5q4swz1hj09/Sequence%20Stratigraphy.zip?dl=0

Good day sir, pls I need the password to open Sequence Stratigraphy file. Candicosnow@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Candyrain:
Good day sir, pls I need the password to open Sequence Stratigraphy file. Candicosnow@yahoo.com
Thanks

Sent...
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Candyrain(m): 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
ifoundmyperfect:

Sent...
Seen... Thanks
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by malaoluolateju: 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hello all,
Got questions @ifoundmyperfect,
1) My seismic lines and my wells are not appearing in d display window at d same time. My wells vanish whenever I toggle on my seismic lines, vice versa

2) Under what circumstance is sharing, checkshot with other wells, required.

Thanks
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 3:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
malaoluolateju:
Hello all,
1) My seismic lines and my wells are not appearing in d display window at d same time. My wells vanish whenever I toggle on my seismic lines, vice versa

Thanks

Sorry for my delayed response...
I don't know if i understood you clearly...
But I presume you are saying you can't view your wells on seismic when you turn on seismic (inline or Xline) on you interpretation window
If that is what you mean, then here is my response;
If you know to play well with petrel,
you'd be able to view both your interpretation window and 2D window
with your 2D window visible
you'd be able to see the position of your well on an active seismic line, wen viewing on your inline/xline sesimic section
B'cos when you play foward or backwards during interpretations (depending on the specified time interval), you are moving away from the well location
Thereby it won't be visible of that section.

As regards sharing checkshots with other wells.
Some complanies cant afford to carry out a velovity survey or acquire a checkshot data for all wells because of its expenses
so during processes like generatiion of a synytheticv seismogram,
a checkshot survey can be borrowed from a nearby well,
which is bliv'd to have a synonymous veolocity profile as its neighnbouring well.
It is acceptable and in wide practice...
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Iamoilprince(m): 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
malaoluolateju:
Hello all,

Thanks

That means ur well isnt in the seismic. Maybe the seismic was cropped.

Also, before you share your checkshot you need to qc it well becos of the values
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Iamoilprince(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
@ifoundmyperfect, whenever i create a model eg Fault model, it drags my system untill i delete it. Pls wats the way out ? My sys is Dell core i3, 500g hd and 4g ram.

Also can i change my graphic card to nividia geforce ?

Tanks
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Iamoilprince(m): 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
Learn Petrel at 30k. Plus free software and data! Send me a pm for more
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Iamoilprince:
@ifoundmyperfect, whenever i create a model eg Fault model, it drags my system untill i delete it. Pls wats the way out ? My sys is Dell core i3, 500g hd and 4g ram.

Also can i change my graphic card to nividia geforce ?

Tanks

I think it has to do with your ram. 4gig is quite small. It'll be lagging n taking forever to complete a process. 8gig sld b okay.

As regards your graphics card, You can't just change you graphics card since its in-built with the motherboard of your laptop. Nvidia graphic card is much much better. You'd enjoy when it comes to viewing objects like residual maps, 3D seismic volume on you 3D window without it crashing. Graphic card by Intel always fails in this aspect. Go for one with an appreciable amount of ram (preferably above 256mb)
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
Iamoilprince:

That means ur well isnt in the seismic. Maybe the seismic was cropped.

Also, before you share your checkshot you need to qc it well becos of the values

You are right about the seismic being cropped. But it still covers the area of interest being penetrated by the well
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by rockinStrata: 6:15am On Dec 28, 2014
Hi everyone, Compliments of the season to everyone in the house! My name is Stan and I'm aspiring to be a Geo-scientist..I graduated from secondary school in 2005, wrote jamb the following year but was denied admission. After some time things became really difficult for my mom, there was no money to send me to school, so I had to sit at home and wait for my siblings to graduate before I could further my education. To cut the long story short, I ended up staying at home for a very long time and the frustration of being idle made me to give up completely with anything that has to do with higher education. Finally I started hustling, doing menial Jobs, and by this time most of my friends from secondary school were preparing to go for NYSC! However, I knew GOD had a special plan for me and I never stopped trusting in the Lord. Finally I was able to save some cash and then i applied to study abroad. However, i was scared and i felt it was impossible for me to secure a student Visa because of my age ( imagine a 24 year old guy going for an Undergraduate program). But I still believed in that portion of the BIBLE that says, "ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN, SEEK AND YE SHA FIND." Well to cut the long story short, I applied for my Canadian Student Visa and GOD gave it to me in less than two months. Today I'm posting this from Canada and I give GOD all the glory. I just finished my first semester exams and it was very bad. My result was bad and I'm depressed right now. I don't know what to do, I abandoned my books for so long and now I'm finding it difficult to study. I've asked GOD to give me the strength to be able to accomplish this and I'm here for professionals like you to help me out. How did you do it? I need your counselling please.Thanks
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 10:59am On Dec 28, 2014
rockinStrata:
Hi everyone, Compliments of the season to everyone in the house! My name is Stan and I'm aspiring to be a Geo-scientist..I graduated from secondary school in 2005, wrote jamb the following year but was denied admission. After some time things became really difficult for my mom, there was no money to send me to school, so I had to sit at home and wait for my siblings to graduate before I could further my education. To cut the long story short, I ended up staying at home for a very long time and the frustration of being idle made me to give up completely with anything that has to do with higher education. Finally I started hustling, doing menial Jobs, and by this time most of my friends from secondary school were preparing to go for NYSC! However, I knew GOD had a special plan for me and I never stopped trusting in the Lord. Finally I was able to save some cash and then i applied to study abroad. However, i was scared and i felt it was impossible for me to secure a student Visa because of my age ( imagine a 24 year old guy going for an Undergraduate program). But I still believed in that portion of the BIBLE that says, "ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN, SEEK AND YE SHA FIND." Well to cut the long story short, I applied for my Canadian Student Visa and GOD gave it to me in less than two months. Today I'm posting this from Canada and I give GOD all the glory. I just finished my first semester exams and it was very bad. My result was bad and I'm depressed right now. I don't know what to do, I abandoned my books for so long and now I'm finding it difficult to study. I've asked GOD to give me the strength to be able to accomplish this and I'm here for professionals like you to help me out. How did you do it? I need your counselling please.Thanks

What are you studying?
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by rockinStrata: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
I haven't declared a major yet but i intend to study Earth Sciences. With that, I'll have the option of specializing in any of the Geo-sciences. Maybe Geophysics or Geology.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by rockinStrata: 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
I haven't declared a major yet but i intend to study Earth Sciences. With that, I'll have the option of specializing in any of the Geo-sciences. Maybe Geophysics or Geology

ifoundmyperfect:

What are you studying?
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Josyjay(m): 8:58am On Dec 29, 2014
if u know d tym it took u to be where u are 2day u wld sit up...except deir pursuing u 4rm ur villa...imagine studyin Geosciences in canada

1 Like

Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2014
rockinStrata:
I haven't declared a major yet but i intend to study Earth Sciences. With that, I'll have the option of specializing in any of the Geo-sciences. Maybe Geophysics or Geology

Okay.
I read your previous post. I am surprised how you have accepted defeat after a fail in just the first semester. You sounded like a fighter and a survivor, why accept defeat now? You did not get to Canada by chance. You got in there by God's Grace, Hard-work and Merit. Most of all have stories to tell. I was equally in your shoes. But I channeled my failure to success. Till i became a force to reckon it. Bro, trust me, there is nothing in this life that is difficult. Anything that poses difficult or challenging is because of ignorance. And the way to defeat ignorance is by acquiring knowledge. The way to acquire knowledge is by reading, research and sharing ideas. If person they teach you something and you no sabi, and you sure say you no dull, then that person doesn't know it well enough to teach. So it is all left to you to support the little knowledge you have gotten by reading. Reading while in school can be boring. The way to overcome it is by changing your mind set. Tell yourself you are reading to gain knowledge and not just to pass an exam or cross over. There are many simplified version of books available in cyber space, in case the one recommended in school has too much grammar, thereby impeding on your comprehension.

You are fortunate to be studying in Canada with the intention of majoring in Earth Science. Earth Science is fun! when it is well taught and also if the student has an interest in it. Once you don sabi and graduate by probably coming out tops in your class, na the big big oil and gas coys in Houston go they lobby for you straight! Please no disgrace us any further. Nigerians always represent in diaspora (academic wise). Just try to push your limit and believe in yourself. We are always here to give you support.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by rockinStrata: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
Thanks Bro! You've just made my day. I just needed to hear this in other to make me stronger. Giving up is never an option.....Will update you as soon as things starts falling in place.

ifoundmyperfect:

Okay.
I read your previous post. I am surprised how you have accepted defeat after a fail in just the first semester. You sounded like a fighter and a survivor, why accept defeat now? You did not get to Canada by chance. You got in there by God's Grace, Hard-work and Merit. Most of all have stories to tell. I was equally in your shoes. But I channeled my failure to success. Till i became a force to reckon it. Bro, trust me, there is nothing in this life that is difficult. Anything that poses difficult or challenging is because of ignorance. And the way to defeat ignorance is by acquiring knowledge. The way to acquire knowledge is by reading, research and sharing ideas. If person they teach you something and you no sabi, and you sure say you no dull, then that person doesn't know it well enough to teach. So it is all left to you to support the little knowledge you have gotten by reading. Reading while in school can be boring. The way to overcome it is by changing your mind set. Tell yourself you are reading to gain knowledge and not just to pass an exam or cross over. There are many simplified version of books available in cyber space, in case the one recommended in school has too much grammar, thereby impeding on your comprehension.

You are fortunate to be studying in Canada with the intention of majoring in Earth Science. Earth Science is fun! when it is well taught and also if the student has an interest in it. Once you don sabi and graduate by probably coming out tops in your class, na the big big oil and gas coys in Houston go they lobby for you straight! Please no disgrace us any further. Nigerians always represent in diaspora (academic wise). Just try to push your limit and believe in yourself. We are always here to give you support.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by rockinStrata: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
Thanks bro....No witch can pursue me from Villa IJN. Dem go dey look i go dey excel.

Josyjay:
if u know d tym it took u to be where u are 2day u wld sit up...except deir pursuing u 4rm ur villa...imagine studyin Geosciences in canada
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
rockinStrata:
Thanks Bro! You've just made my day. I just needed to hear this in other to make me stronger. Giving up is never an option.....Will update you as soon as things starts falling in place.

All The Best!
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
Good day sire please I need the password to open the Sequence Stratigraphy file. peter.akerele@yahoo.com
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
akerele20:
Good day sire please I need the password to open the Sequence Stratigraphy file. peter.akerele@yahoo.com

Check your mail..
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
ifoundmyperfect:

Check your mail..
thanks I got it. God bless for ur good work
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
akerele20:

thanks I got it. God bless for ur good work

Thanks Bro...
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
rockinStrata:
Like you have rightly spelt it out,u need to sit tight and study harder..You are not in thesame league with the crop of first year students over there...That should speak to u..Get a good friend and team up with him/her..A good friend can surely help u bypass ur current challenges..
Just rediscover urself once more and let the momentum inspire u to break out of ur current situation...Its not permanent .... Keep ur head up brother...
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
Am a first year geology student and I would like to ask about some computer applications used in geology I can get acquainted to...
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by Josyjay(m): 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
rockinStrata:
Thanks bro....No witch can pursue me from Villa IJN. Dem go dey look i go dey excel.

Amen...wish u d best
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by malaoluolateju: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
@ifoundmyperfect hope u are good sir, I guess u av been very busy. Just thought I'd say hello.
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by bobolizim(m): 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
i am a new breed,just goy admission to stydy geology at ui...pls as a geologist during nysc is it dt one is gong to teach or b posted to an industry??
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 9:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
malaoluolateju:
@ifoundmyperfect hope u are good sir, I guess u av been very busy. Just thought I'd say hello.

Happy New Year Bro...
My schedule has been a little fixed these period. Though I make out time to come online once in a while... I hope to make I time dis week to update you all on this thread...
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by ifoundmyperfect: 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
bobolizim:
i am a new breed,just goy admission to stydy geology at ui...pls as a geologist during nysc is it dt one is gong to teach or b posted to an industry??

Congratulations!
Welcome to the elite club...
One step at a time... Don't start to worry about nysc placement. First you need to develop yourself...
Re: GEOSCIENTIST & PETROLEUM ENGINEER's HAVEN - Be Empowered, Enriched & Enlightened by bobolizim(m): 8:29am On Jan 19, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:

Congratulations!
Welcome to the elite club...
One step at a time... Don't start to worry about nysc placement. First you need to develop yourself...
ok sir...develop myself...pls tel me wat i shuld b doing or shuld do to survive here....like things dt hep me like books

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks 2,000 University Workers - Punch / Beautiful Female Engineer Turned Painter / How Much Can A Petrol Station Manager Earn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.