Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,863 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:07 AM

Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos (46716 Views)

Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / Mob Beats Up Woman Found With Dead Baby / Breaking: Ebola: Liberian Woman Found Hanging In Lagos Suburb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Melahou(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
There was confusion on Bankole Street, Isheri-Oke, Lagos on Friday morning when residents woke up to the sight of a woman hanging on a tree.

The woman, popularly called Kate in the area, was found dead in a black sweater and orange skirt under a pear tree.

Our correspondent, who also visited the scene, gathered from the residents that the woman did not live on the street.

Residents who spoke to our correspondent also said that the woman was a Liberian who worked in a sachet water factory before she died.

While they said that the woman had been sickly for some time, the residents said she did not appear to have any problem with anyone in the community.

But after the outbreak of the Ebola disease that was brought to Nigeria by a Liberian diplomat, Patrick Sawyer, some of the people in the area opted not to have anything to do with her.

One of the residents who pleaded anonymity said, “We see her in this neighbourhood every day. She always looked sick but people stopped selling to her after the Ebola outbreak. It could be because she was Liberian and looked sickly. This might have frustrated her.”

Another resident who spoke to our correspondent after his request for anonymity was granted said, “She attended a church in the area and her church members still saw her yesterday. I used to see her every day in the dress she died in. She was sick and people in this area had avoided her, especially after the Ebola outbreak.”

The PUNCH gathered from some landlords, who are members of the Isheri Oke Community Development Association, that the incident had been reported to the Isheri Police Division.

Efforts to reach the Baale (head) of the area, Chief Albert Bankole, for comments proved abortive as he declined to speak to The PUNCH on the issue.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, could not be reached for comments.

Meanwhile, when our correspondent left the area around 11am, the woman’s body was still hanging on the pear tree.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ebola-liberian-woman-found-hanging-in-lagos-suburb/
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
Wow.
Why people kill themselves is still something beyond my understanding.
Of course I learnt some of the reasons in my Social Psychology class but to me it's more of a demonic thing to psychological.
Taking ones life transcends beyond whatever being ostracized or outcasted experiences we may have.
This is just the ignorant me speaking but sure the feeling of rejection must have been tough for her.

She should have moved to another town except of course she knew she had the virus.
RIP sis and I hope sometimes that God can allow some people enter Heaven irrespective.

11 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by MadCow1: 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
Where the Picture now?! angry

#APCmustBEinvolvedSOMEHOW.. angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by BlackPeni5: 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
Its a pity...see life wey Nigerians dey find this Liberian come dey waste her own.

I love the Nigerian spirit. "I'll rather kill myself than commit suicide"

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Btruth: 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
shocked
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Lovexme(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
WTF!
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by naughtylagosguy(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
Liberia again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by parrotibaba(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
so na suicide baa? abi some ppl wey d vex cos of p.sawyer kill am

8 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by TeejayMaya(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is serious oh!!! Well 1st to comment so lemme say a big thank u to my people

1 Like

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by luvly101: 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
undecided

Nigeria!, frustrating humans since 1960 smiley

9 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Iceking1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Liberia... Liberia... Liberia, hw many times i call u *Angry* dat woman mst b a *muslim* i guess, its only muslim dat dnt value deir lives and d lives of odaz

8 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ebola things!

RIP
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by seuncyber(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
May her soul rest in peace

What a pity

Police need to find out the real p

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by DrGill(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
sunnyshayne: Ebola things!

RIP
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by NewsINigeria(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Why Doctors......

Photos: Liberian Woman Who Tested Positive To HiV Commits Suicide In Lagos
>>>>> http://www.ngnews247..com/nigerian-politics-news/woman-who-tested-positive-to-hiv/
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by TeamSimple(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sorry for the lady..RIP to the dead,please when you get to heaven give patrick sawyer a knock,he brought you this stigma.

13 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by daben1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
The bad egg has affected the good one...
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Ism4b(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmm a lesson. to others
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by no11: 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
such a pity. please let love one another regardless of gender tribe nation etc.
she must be in pains how ever in such cases try and inform the authority perhaps greater measures would av been taken.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by parrotibaba(m): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
NairaMode: Wow.
Btruth: shocked
luvly101: undecided
Iceking1: Ggg
NewsINigeria: hmmmmm
....what is dis? grin

49 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Delaw135: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
I swear d woman na ebola suspect...
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by apineiorshekenn: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
R.I.P may God forgive her soul
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Lovexme(m): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Could have been depression.

The price of being a Liberian cry

So insensitive of the people in the neighbourhood.

7 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by akpanikpe(m): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ok
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by osujigeorge(m): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Wooow God have mercy ooo..... Rejection is evil....let's learn to show love instead

7 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by otusnorahs(f): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Could be dat she ws frustrated. Bt y?
Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Misogynist2014(m): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
shocked The discrimination was just too much to bear,the inability of her to return to her country,have good health care services and ignorance of people about ebola compounded her case cry .Although,I still don't know why this made front page angry

6 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by Leemak: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
Eyaah.....RIP poor KATE.....your country man useless Sawyer caused your isolation by Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Liberian Woman Found Hanging At Isheri-Oke In Lagos by moneybag100: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
May be she heard all her relatives are dead in Liberia from ebola......RIP.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady On The Run After Setting Her Cairo-Based Husband On Fire (Pics/Video) / Man Brutalizes His Daughter For Going To A Neighbor's House To Watch T.V (Pics) / How Nigerians Should Address President Buhari Henceforth - FG Issues Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.