Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,814 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (533360 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
bsafolabi: pls can you recommend cheapest postgraduate program taught in english insouth Korea
all programs are taught in English here..just research on universities in korea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by pat077: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
acadollar:
Yea
what about accommodation?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by surethings(m): 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
@ acadollar
thanks for the info....

i just check the school Daehan Theological University

everything was written in korea language i cant even translate it like other site......pls when is the next admission coming up?
how can i contact the school cos i cant see there email on there site http://www.dtu.ac/

Seoul National University
Undergraduate Tuituion Fee Chart for 2013 Spring Semester

http://www.useoul.edu/apply/info

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 12:47am On Oct 01, 2014
pat077: what about accommodation?
accomodation is not that costly here
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 12:56am On Oct 01, 2014
pat077: what about accommodation?
accomodation is not that costly here, except if u want to live luxurious life, u rent costly apartments in seoul, there are still other places u can get a flat like 200 or 250 dollars a month..then u rent the other room out ,but they use to collect security fee of abt 1000 dollars for all the years u will live in the compound , when packing out,your landlord will balance you the money,they use to hold it incase you spoil something ..they deduct the amount of what u spoilt..though they use to maintain there house,if something spoil on its own..you call your landlord..he will fix it free.
Even if u dont have money fr accomodation , you can stay in free homes owned by churches here ..u can stay as long as u have money to rent ure own house..but u must be attending church services..

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 12:59am On Oct 01, 2014
surethings: @ acadollar
thanks for the info....

i just check the school Daehan Theological University

everything was written in korea language i cant even translate it like other site......pls when is the next admission coming up?
how can i contact the school cos i cant see there email on there site http://www.dtu.ac/

Seoul National University
Undergraduate Tuituion Fee Chart for 2013 Spring Semester

http://www.useoul.edu/apply/info

admission is in progress now for Nov session,
If you cant translate..check other schools..seoul university is in English,also check korea university, and polytechnic university ..
once u meet there requirements..u may get your iv within 2 weeks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 12:59am On Oct 01, 2014
acadollar:
If you cant translate..check other schools..seoul university is in English,also check korea university, and polytechnic university
use google and search list of universities in south korea
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by pat077: 5:42am On Oct 01, 2014
acadollar:
accomodation is not that costly here, except if u want to live luxurious life, u rent costly apartments in seoul, there are still other places u can get a flat like 200 or 250 dollars a month..then u rent the other room out ,but they use to collect security fee of abt 1000 dollars for all the years u will live in the compound , when packing out,your landlord will balance you the money,they use to hold it incase you spoil something ..they deduct the amount of what u spoilt..though they use to maintain there house,if something spoil on its own..you call your landlord..he will fix it free.
Even if u dont have money fr accomodation , you can stay in free homes owned by churches here ..u can stay as long as u have money to rent ure own house..but u must be attending church services..
dats good. But, what r ones chances of gettin a job afta studies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 8:16am On Oct 01, 2014
pat077: dats good. But, what r ones chances of gettin a job afta studies?
your chance of getting a job after ...?? U need to learn korean langauage to improve your skills..though its not a difficult language...it just need your interest

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by goryorhal(m): 8:58am On Oct 01, 2014
acadollar:
your chance of getting a job after ...?? U need to learn korean langauage to improve your skills..though its not a difficult language...it just need your interest

how do you pay for the application fee? online or bank?
Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2014
goryorhal:

how do you pay for the application fee? online or bank?
Thanks
depends on the sch..mostly banks but to get admission in Korea schools..you need pay sch fees with application fee before your admission letter will be delivered to you..thats why they hardly deny admission and student visa
Most of the schs deliver admission letter within one week ..some within a month

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by surethings(m): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
acadollar:
If you cant translate..check other schools..seoul university is in English,also check korea university, and polytechnic university ..
once u meet there requirements..u may get your iv within 2 weeks

Others school are very expensive.....2500000- 4000000kr which is up to 3000-5000$ very 6months

i will appreciate if you can help with your school details since they are cheaper...
how do you contact the school in the first place?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by cybug: 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
Interesting...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by dunk2011: 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
You are a liar.... apt in seoul are very expensive ...even iteawon is around 800 dollars ...

acadollar:
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
dunk2011: You are a liar.... apt in seoul are very expensive ...even iteawon is around 800 dollars ...
Please a friend is looking for accomodation around itaewon. He just resumed studies at KUIS, was just wondering if you could help. How much will it cost him to rent a room per month for now. Thanks in advance!
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:18am On Oct 02, 2014
dunk2011: You are a liar.... apt in seoul are very expensive ...even iteawon is around 800 dollars ...

u are the liar cos i already said that houses are costly in seoul ..
that there are some other places u can get houses of 200 to 250 ..like in Ansan city
so read my message well
even the 250..
U still have to sublet one or 2 rooms and end up spending 125 or less a month

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:26am On Oct 02, 2014
http://seoul.craigslist.co/roo/4692755167.htmlquote author=UBKtech]
Please a friend is looking for accomodation around itaewon. He just resumed studies at KUIS, was just wondering if you could help. How much will it cost him to rent a room per month for now. Thanks in advance![/quote]
i suggest he check craigslist ..you can use that link above..let him check shared apartment..so it will be cheaper..he can get 300 and above there...
Houses in seoul and itaewon are expensive..you know foreigners live there well..
also one naija guy here has a room available ..
ill ask him if he can sublet ..then ill giv u his contact
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:30am On Oct 02, 2014
surethings:

Others school are very expensive.....2500000- 4000000kr which is up to 3000-5000$ very 6months

i will appreciate if you can help with your school details since they are cheaper...
how do you contact the school in the first place?
oga pls find a friend u know very well in korea to help u submit documents and get admission letter from the school..
a friend i knew very well did mine for me
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 1:33am On Oct 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by pat077: 7:00am On Oct 02, 2014
acadollar: http://seoul.craigslist.co/roo/4664408207.html
like hw many yrs visa 'll they give when offered addmission?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by surethings(m): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2014
acadollar:
oga pls find a friend u know very well in korea to help u submit documents and get admission letter from the school..
a friend i knew very well did mine for me

i dont have a friend in korea?? pls can you help me out? i will forward you my document then you submit it for me?
Thanking you in advance cheesy cheesy
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2014
pat077: like hw many yrs visa 'll they give when offered addmission?
postgraduate is 2yrs visa
UG is 6 months
but all are extendable within korea

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2014
surethings:

i dont have a friend in korea?? pls can you help me out? i will forward you my document then you submit it for me?
Thanking you in advance cheesy cheesy
theres no way i can do that because in korea, you have to pay sch fees while submitting documents ..

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ill try to see to talk with the school dean today to see if they can translate there website so that u guys can communicate..so hold on
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 7:36am On Oct 04, 2014
For those interested..you can reach the dean on this..tell him a naija guy in semester one msc, gave u his contact..
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 11:54am On Oct 04, 2014
For those that want to apply to Daehan,write to the dean thru this card for enquiries.
also tell him that a naija guy in semester one MSc is the one that gave u his contact.

3 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Nawa ooo... Nigerians are just everywhere in the world...

10 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by moneybag100: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
MarvellousGod:
Nawa ooo... Nigerians are just everywhere in the world...
And where would you go that you won't find Americans despite their booming country.....you even find them in countries Hostile towards America like Iran and North Korea, its just philosophy of life....beside South Korea is better than many european countries.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by cybug: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
moneybag100:

And where would you go that you won't find Americans despite their booming country.....you even find them in countries Hostile towards America like Iran and North Korea, its just philosophy of life....beside South Korea is better than many european countries.
Huh? You sure about that? @your last sentence.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by dunk2011: 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yes he is very right ..korea is way better than most european countries ... thats why u have many russian girls here ..trust me .. was there for 2yrs ...am even thinking abt moving to korea for few months just to chill cool cool cool

quote author=cybug post=26865225]
Huh? You sure about that? @your last sentence.[/quote]
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2014
Pls who knows how to apply for conference,i want to help someone apply for a korean conference..
am seeing in the conference alerts stuffs like manuscript, preparing presentations and so on.
Do i need to prepare presentations while applying or what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.