Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (534356 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Ciga22: 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2017
Good day to all the Guru's that's being helping out in this wonderful thread, I am a B.Eng holder in one of Nigerian Universities, please i have read page to page and i found this school Kangwon University as one of the cheapest Universities over there for my Masters program. I was not fortunate to meet up with the 17 NOV deadline application because i was already applying to a school in Turkey before i changed my mind to Korea. Please Guru's is there still opportunity for me to get admission into a school in Korea before March next year? Pls help me decide between Turkey and Korea which guarantees a better life after schooling and what are the chances of getting married in Korea as Turkey has slim chances of getting married to their women.Thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by NONNYG: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ciga22:
Good day to all the Guru's that's being helping out in this wonderful thread, I am a B.Eng holder in one of Nigerian Universities, please i have read page to page and i found this school Kangwon University as one of the cheapest Universities over there for my Masters program. I was not fortunate to meet up with the 17 NOV deadline application because i was already applying to a school in Turkey before i changed my mind to Korea. Please Guru's is there still opportunity for me to get admission into a school in Korea before March next year? Pls help me decide between Turkey and Korea which guarantees a better life after schooling and what are the chances of getting married in Korea as Turkey has slim chances of getting married to their women.Thanks
Are you going to study or for marriage,, if i may ask what happened to Nigerian ladiesgrin

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Neyoyo1: 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
Hello house, I salute the efforts of the gurus since the inception of this thread till date. God will continue to uphold you all.
I have a query here and I will like a prompt response. Before then, pls let me give a brief background of myself.
I studied for MBA at one of the South East Asia countries with very good grades. But I don't want to proceed to PhD over there because of the ways of our people there. Theironically behavior has made the citizen see every back as evil. Hence, I returned to naija immediately after my studies. As a matter of fact I still had a valid visa for 9moths upon my return.
Now, naija thing is somehow now and I stumbled on this forum some days ago and I have read almost all the pages.
Now, do I stand a chance for a PhD over there SK and how soon can I start? what are my chances of visa approval?. Bear with my long epistle.
Thanks in anticipation for your response(s)
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Ciga22: 9:22pm On Nov 25, 2017
NONNYG:
Are you going to study or for marriage,, if i may ask what happened to Nigerian ladiesgrin

Lol, i am going for study brother but with the way things are in this country i don't see myself going far with any Nigerian girl, but trust me i need to get into S.Korea by March nxt yr.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by YoungMil: 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
07032066354.....let's talk....since u r holding a bachelor degree in engineering..I can help u out with some stuff and moreover u don't need to worry about getting married as after study u u get a gold card which means you can stay after studies or possibly relocate to other advanced countries.
Ciga22:
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Neyoyo1: 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hello house, anyone with a response? I want to know. Also, the fees and account balance I need to proceed.
Thanks

quote author=Neyoyo1 post=62712593]Hello house, I salute the efforts of the gurus since the inception of this thread till date. God will continue to uphold you all.
I have a query here and I will like a prompt response. Before then, pls let me give a brief background of myself.
I studied for MBA at one of the South East Asia countries with very good grades. But I don't want to proceed to PhD over there because of the ways of our people there. Theironically behavior has made the citizen see every back as evil. Hence, I returned to naija immediately after my studies. As a matter of fact I still had a valid visa for 9moths upon my return.
Now, naija thing is somehow now and I stumbled on this forum some days ago and I have read almost all the pages.
Now, do I stand a chance for a PhD over there SK and how soon can I start? what are my chances of visa approval?. Bear with my long epistle.
Thanks in anticipation for your response(s)[/quote]
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Ciga22: 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ciga22:
Please WILL10 and other guru's in the house help a brother!!! sad sad sad
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by sholabentikay(m): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2017
Everest1989:
Please who is applying for masters here...hit me up let's reason...

I'm applying oo. what information have you gather.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Neyoyo1: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
Anyone here? Pls I need a response. Thanks

Hello house, anyone with a response? I want to know. Also, the fees and account balance I need to proceed.
Thanks

quote author=Neyoyo1 post=62712593]Hello house, I salute the efforts of the gurus since the inception of this thread till date. God will continue to uphold you all.
Thanks in anticipation for your response(s)[/quote]
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Ciga22: 1:08am On Nov 28, 2017
sholabentikay:

I'm applying oo. what information have you gather.

Bro i am applying too, carry me along...What information do u have now?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by sholabentikay(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
Ciga22:

Bro i am applying too, carry me along...What information do u have now?

the school I mailed reply me with this
My name is Hana Lee and I’m in charge of the graduate admission.

Regarding the Spring admission for 2018, please refer the website : http://en.jbnu.ac/bb/board.php?action=read&SEQ=384&num=342&movePage=1&pageKey=144&subKey=&boardID=E_ANN

pls let work together. do you have your documents ready.?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by sholabentikay(m): 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2017
sholabentikay:

the school I mailed reply me with this
My name is Hana Lee and I’m in charge of the graduate admission.

Regarding the Spring admission for 2018, please refer the website : http://en.jbnu.ac/bb/board.php?action=read&SEQ=384&num=342&movePage=1&pageKey=144&subKey=&boardID=E_ANN

pls let work together. do you have your documents ready.?

this is what I gathered

Documents Required:
Documents to be prepared and submitted by visa applicants
1. Properly filled visa application form (with one passport photograph attached)
2. International passport valid for at least six(6) months (with a photocopy of data page)
3. Study plan
4. Photocopy of National ID card/Driver’s license/Voters card/Work ID/Student ID (Original ID card will be checked)
5. Photocopies of latest academic certificates and results
i. Affidavit proving your graduation
ii. Notarization of certificate and affidavit from MFA
iii. Official letter issued and stamped by Dean (including contact number)
6. Original of Personal bank account statement (at least for a period of 3 months and issued within 14days)
proving applicant’s financial ability to support him/herself (tuition fee and finance for stay for the period of study)
7. AFFIDAVIT proving your family relations when submitting parents’ bank accounts (the original copy/the document must indicate English spelling of applicant’s parents’ names)
8. Flight booking information
Documents to be prepared by inviters and submitted by visa applicants
1. Standard acceptance letter (with a photocopy of data page)
2. Photocopy of business registration Certificate of a respective education institute
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Bamibor: 3:44am On Nov 30, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

I never said the highlighted please rather I suggested implicitly that it is better not to come with a visit visa with the hope of extending it to a study visa. Again, you can't work with a visit visa, it is prohibited. Yes, of course it is possible and easier to migrate to those countries you mentioned insofar you have a legal stay here in SK. Peace be!
Okay sir, I get your point clearly now. Thanks.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 8:43am On Nov 30, 2017
sholabentikay:

this is what I gathered

Documents Required:
1. Properly filled visa application form (with one passport photograph attached)
2. International passport valid for at least six(6) months (with a photocopy of data page)
3. Study plan
4. Photocopy of National ID card/Driver’s license/Voters card/Work ID/Student ID (Original ID card will be checked)
6. Original of Personal bank account statement (at least for a period of 3 months and issued within 14days)
proving applicant’s financial ability to support him/herself (tuition fee and finance for stay for the period of study)
7. AFFIDAVIT proving your family relations when submitting parents’ bank accounts (the original copy/the document must indicate English spelling of applicant’s parents’ names)
2. Photocopy of business registration Certificate of a respective education institute
@no 7, this shows that it is either your bank statement or you parent's statement... anything outside of this, no visa because your sponsor must be you or your parents with the same surname as yours... my thought shaa...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ifecobaba(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
sholabentikay:

this is what I gathered

Documents Required:
3. Study plan

Must the No)5 be the photocopy of the original e.g olevel
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by prinzabaz: 10:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
I'm applying for Korean language program at Kit after which I'll proceed to do my bsc .
I need a bit clarification about this account statements
I'll be sponsored by my brother in law and we don't have the same surname,will this really post a problem getting a visa?
I want to use his account statements.
and does the Korean embassy proof check the authenticity of the account statements?

tganks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
prinzabaz:
are u sure about this? I'm applying too but we need to hook up bro talk2abaz@yahoo.com
I sent you yahoo mail, check your email
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
[quote author=prinzabaz post=62866868]
it is best you delete this your post or modify it. This is a public forum; there are things you don't voice out...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by NONNYG: 11:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
Everest1989:

it is best you delete this your post or modify it. This is a public forum; there are things you don't voice out...
how can he modify it when you have quoted himgrin
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
NONNYG:
how can he modify it when you have quoted himgrin
Mine is not a problem.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by prinzabaz: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
sorry for my last post Sha I was just confused that's y I misfired
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by smulti(m): 8:29am On Dec 02, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

I never said the highlighted please rather I suggested implicitly that it is better not to come with a visit visa with the hope of extending it to a study visa. Again, you can't work with a visit visa, it is prohibited. Yes, of course it is possible and easier to migrate to those countries you mentioned insofar you have a legal stay here in SK. Peace be!

Good day boss,

""can't work with a (visit visa) it's prohibited ""

does same thing applicable to (tourist visa)?

have a friend applying for a tourist visa to SK with sole aim of settling for a job after he might have obtained an asylum papers

pls how successful can this go

thank you
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 9:51am On Dec 02, 2017
smulti:

Good day boss,

""can't work with a (visit visa) it's prohibited ""

does same thing applicable to (tourist visa)?

have a friend applying for a tourist visa to SK with sole aim of settling for a job after he might have obtained an asylum papers

pls how successful can this go

thank you
What is tourist visa to SK? Do your friend enquire to know if SK issues tourist visa to Nigerians? Tell him not to waste his money becaue SK hardly issue that kind of visa to Nigerians. And coming to the issue of asylum, just know the immigration in SK is tightening the noose on people who seek asylum here. Asia has the worst record when it comes to the issue of granting asylum. Just yesterday, one of our professors was giving us the statistics of the number of asylum seekers granted over the last two years and it was shockinly low! The worst part is that most of the people they denied asylum were people that actually need it. My friend who came here last year with a conference visa and seeked asylum has been given till April next year to leave SK. What I'm tying to say is that the best route to come here is through the student visa route. Forget any other type of visa as it will be very difficult for you over here. Asians are mean people and immigration is a toxic issue in the Northeast Asia and also to Southeast Asia to a reasonable extent. Be careful what agents are telling you. Peace be!
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by smulti(m): 10:37am On Dec 02, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

What is tourist visa to SK? Do your friend enquire to know if SK issues tourist visa to Nigerians? Tell him not to waste his money becaue SK hardly issue that kind of visa to Nigerians. And coming to the issue of asylum, just know the immigration in SK is tightening the noose on people who seek asylum here. Asia has the worst record when it comes to the issue of granting asylum. Just yesterday, one of our professors was giving us the statistics of the number of asylum seekers granted over the last two years and it was shockinly low! The worst part is that most of the people they denied asylum were people that actually need it. My friend who came here last year with a conference visa and seeked asylum has been given till April next year to leave SK. What I'm tying to say is that the best route to come here is through the student visa route. Forget any other type of visa as it will be very difficult for you over here. Asians are mean people and immigration is a toxic issue in the Northeast Asia and also to Southeast Asia to a reasonable extent. Be careful what agents are telling you. Peace be!

oh..OK boss

I forgot to mention he is a nija guy living in South Africa

Souti passport is visa free to SK, but having Nigeria passport with south African valid permit in it, he has been given the requirements for a tourist visa at SK embassy in south Africa

the requirements being that his souti wife must submit a letter of consent for his visit to SK

never the less, all I can understand from your response is that obtaining an asylum in Asia countries is as difficult as hell
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ifecobaba(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
Tobiasbeecher can I have your contract or email pls.. need to get thing's clear
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 5:16am On Dec 03, 2017
ifecobaba:
Tobiasbeecher can I have your contract or email pls.. need to get thing's clear
If what you want to ask me is not too personal, ask the question here so that others will benefit from it.

3 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ifecobaba(m): 11:07pm On Dec 04, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

If what you want to ask me is not too personal, ask the question here so that others will benefit from it.

Sir I intend going to SK for language course.pls which school can I apply to with lower tution fee...

I will be grateful for prompt response.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 4:10am On Dec 05, 2017
ifecobaba:

Sir I intend going to SK for language course.pls which school can I apply to with lower tution fee...

I will be grateful for prompt response.
My advice is if you want to go for a language programme, choose national universities (govt-owned universities), their tuition is not too costly compared to privately owned institutions. I can't recommend anyone for you, so search for one by yourself they are many in SK.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 8:03am On Dec 05, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

My advice is if you want to go for a language programme, choose national universities (govt-owned universities), their tuition is not too costly compared to privately owned institutions. I can't recommend anyone for you, so search for one by yourself they are many in SK.
the problem with the language program is, the bank statement must bear the same surname with the applicant...I think the best way Is to write tofel, apply for scholarship with it.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by prinzabaz: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2017
the problem with the language program is, the bank statement must bear the same surname with the applicant..

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.