Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Is It Proper To Ask God For Anything? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper To Ask God For Anything? (1087 Views)

What Do You Ask God For Before Sleeping? / The First Question You Will Ask God In Heaven? / Is It Proper To Label Pastors As Crooks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Ask God For Anything? by manitobor(m): 7:47am On Sep 13, 2014
I have been pondering over this question for a long time, and lately I have made the decision not to ask God for anything. I pray everyday, but all I say in my prayers are to thank God immensely for what He has done for me and to ask for forgiveness for all my numerous sins, and then end my prayer. God is said to be omniscient, i.e He knows everything. Going by that premise therefore, it'll be a complete waste of time to ask Him for help in any situation you are in, be it financial problems, barrenness, sickness etc. He knows all the problems we have, he knows how much pain it's causing us, since He is all knowing and all seeing. So the decision to help you or not is entirely His to make. I have come to realise that our constant prayers might not really move or sway God, that He only does things at His own pace and when it pleases Him. Since i adopted my new praying style I am enjoying a higher level of peace and contentment than I'd ever had before. And it seems my problems are getting solved faster.

I'd like us to share our views on this.
Re: Is It Proper To Ask God For Anything? by scosco1: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2014
Yes ...am sure that our Creator wants us to depend on HIM for everything . Be it new clothes,shelter ...everything ! And at thesame time HE also wants us to grow independently, the way a parent would allow his child take his or her own decision and the parent supports the child so HE is also to us . Even if HE knows our deepest thought,needs,fears and cahllenges, HE still expects us to reach out to HIM . Imagine a billionaire who has provided everything for his child so the child won't ever ask the father for anyting ....hmmmm....the father might think that is love , but he has practically spoilt the child aπϑ most times such children end. very irresponsible .
So,You must pray for everything. Even if your garment is torn and you need another, you should pray to God to give you something to wear.

Do this for everything: make it a habit to pray for all your needs, great or small. Your main prayers should be for fundamentals: that God should help you to serve Him and draw closer. Even so, you should also pray for minor things.

God may give you food and clothing and everything else you need in life even without your asking for them. However, you are then like an animal. God provides all living creatures with their food. But if you do not draw your needs through prayer, your livelihood is like that of an animal. A man must draw his vitality and all his needs from God only through prayer.

Is it beneath your dignity to pray even for something minor? You must pray for everything, even the most minor things. Thank you aπϑ shalom <3
Re: Is It Proper To Ask God For Anything? by scosco1: 9:37am On Sep 14, 2014
Just for ur thoughts ...." When Abraham sent away hagar aπϑ her son Ishmael in the desert wen he was at the point of death ,the young lad prayd to G-d in his condition for G-d to save him . In heaven, the hosts of Heaven asked G-d not to hear his prayers because the seed of the young lad will be wicked throughout their generation . But G-d ignored them and responded to the young lad

Gen 21:17 -"And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is ."

... because of the situation he saw the young lad aπϑ because he cried unto HIM . He refused to listen to the debates of the Heavenly hosts .
Never mind where I got the story from .

(1) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Suspends Female Pastor For Blasphemy / The Temple Of The Lord / Should Christians Really Celebrate Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.