Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake (1019 Views)

Trailer With Container Nearly Falls Off A Bridge In Lagos / Bus Nearly Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge (Pictures) / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by Oluwason(m): 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
A Nigerian medical student returning to school in Ukraine tells the story of how he nearly died at the hands of Egypt Air officials who wrongly routed him to Moldova, never gave him food for days and called him bloody Nigerian before deporting him back to LagosWe serve you the story as written by JOSHUA KUNLE ABDUL-AZEEZ, the student who is lucky to be alive and whose ordeal should interest Nigerians.On Friday, August 15, 2014 my mother and I went to Egypt Air head office at 22B Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos to book a return ticket for me to go back toschool to continue my studies at Dnepropetrovsk Medical Academy, Dnepropetrovsk Ukraine. This was about 11:15 am.On entering the Egypt air office we met Mr.Tony Nzan on counter 1 to attend to us andwe asked to book a ticket to Kiev, Ukraine. Mr. Tony Nzan explained to us the itineraryfor the flight going to Ukraine after which we went to the bank to withdraw money and returned to pay for the ticket and obtained two printouts, so that my mother could have my return itinerary from Kiev next year.JOSHUA KUNLE ABDUL-AZEEZWe reviewed the ticket itinerary before leaving Egypt air’s office and immediately observed that the airport code indicated on it was different from what we were familiar with, having traveled to Kiev before. The ticket indicated an unfamiliar airport code.We immediately brought this discovery to another ticketing officer’s attention who was seated at Counter 2, as we were informed that his colleague, Mr. Nzan, had stepped out of the office. This ticketing officer restated that the ticket was full economy and for Kiev, Ukraine with all the segments confirmed. However, we remained unconvinced, given that our prior experience indicated that the airport code for Kiev, Ukraine would usually read “KBP”.On my scheduled date of departure (18th August, 2014) my mother and I arrived for check-in at 10.30am. Given our apprehension, we once again mentioned our concern to the agent at the check-in counter and requested that she reconfirm the final travel destination indicated on myticket. She confirmed that the ticket indicated “KIV” and was bound for Kiev, Ukraine. My mother then told her it shouldread Borispol International Airport KBP notKIV or Chisinahu as was indicated on the ticket.Given our insistence over this and the fact that there was now a queue building up behind us she called her supervisor, one Mr Lucas to check the ticket. He asked us what the matter was and we explained to him that we believed the routing on my ticket was wrong. We also told him we had complained about this, the day the ticket was purchased but that we were repeatedly told that the routing was to Kiev.We also mentioned to him that we went back to Egypt Air’s Victoria Island office on Saturday morning (16th August ) still very concerned about the ticket. The place was closed for business. My mum then asked that I show Mr. Lucas and his colleague myresidence and study permits for Ukraine and reaffirm my intended destination to beKiev in Ukraine and not the place indicated on the ticket, which appeared to be “Chisinahu.”Mr. Lucas proceeded to telephone Mr. Tony who issued the ticket to reconfirm routing but Mr. Tony insisted that the code (KIV) was Egypt air’s code for Ukraine.Mr. Tony also became nonchalant and abusive and said that my mother “was just being troublesome”. My mother then directed that I get the boarding passes which had earlier been printed for me since they were insisting it was Egypt Air’s code for Ukraine and that they were representatives of the airline. She warned Mr. Lucas that for the airline’s sake, she hoped that they were right and we were wrong. I checked in my two suit cases with a total weight of 47.5kg and went to the departure gate and boarded the flight.I arrived Cairo shortly after 10pm same day and was compelled to remain in the transit area for 14 hours, without feeding. No accommodation was provided by the airline. I presented myself for boarding at the boarding gate at 9am the following morning (August 19th) and was the third passenger on queue for boarding to Istanbul. When it was my turn, the Egypt air boarding staff insisted that I present myUkrainian visa before processing my boarding pass. She did not ask same of the passengers ahead of me. I explained that I had a permit because I school there and presented the permit stamp on my passport, whilst explaining that the document was in my hand luggage. Still, she insisted that I moved aside and present the original document. I then retrieved it from the luggage.

Continue reading here http://lm.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2014%2F09%2Fhorror-egypt-air-wrongly-flew-another-country-tore-passport-locked%2F%23sthash.mPqe3wAO.dpuf&h=nAQH_lilq&enc=AZP9tU_pX_UosdZvcvCwOAMCrRyo35koRIs7S7wG62GX4q7bh0Pn7I80JCPA9FQ7zGY20rgH5xSKXaq3htu1z3FCcrXXKt0kgrdZy5YZPB7-V0A6ZQ5U2rYz2-d77PooHrr_PGTX9FrazOWS9AO-W9CgX2VC3w8RHNCZzFM8zybxzRcvzzLAWhFopPZmRrp8ik4&s=1
Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by DisGuy: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
from the other thread...

I keep asking myself, what's so difficult in people buying their own tickets on-line ? surely Nigerian debit cards are accepted on the website
I think people should always try to do things themselves...from applying for visa, booking tickets, hotels etc laptop with internet, visa/mastercard is all you need..

very sad experience
Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by TeamclicksAir: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
Terrible
Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by holyboss: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
Terrible! Dey even got to d xtend of locking U up rolleyes To hellp with em
Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by holyboss: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Terrible! Dey even got to d xtend of locking U up rolleyes To hell with em
Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by ibe003(m): 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
This is how foreigners will come here and riding us and our government don't want to do any thing, I swear if any of them do this nonsense to me I will take law into my hand I will mobilize boys to vandalize their office unless they will pay me damages
Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by henrychubayo: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
I sincerely wish that this airline is sanctioned and fined heavily. Authorities should not let this pass by. This is very serious and can happen to anyone. But its a lesson for me as well and others to pay attention to anything u detect may hinder u accomplish your goals. Its never the fault of this our brother.
Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by Amosiye: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
This is real nonsense. Dos people will neva go un purnished(the airline, ticketing office @ lagos, and egypt airline as a whole) let them take up de case. Sue the airline. Trace all the people he came acrosss with both in istanbu and cairo, then dos people at the airport who gave him wrong info. Wen the mum was inqisitive. He it saddens me and it biols in my heart wen ever I see such inhuman and humilliating act. This is more that racism. First of all God will purnish dat man that tore his passport. His children will go tru worse pains.... Young man you re great "No man can ever terminate ur prupose"

1 Like

Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by ibe003(m): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
Guy sue this people now before its too late or call any tv station so that world were hear,
Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by ibe003(m): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
Guy sue this people now before its too late or call any tv station so that world will hear it,
Re: How He Nearly Died Due To Egypt Airline Mistake by justwise(m): 12:33am On Sep 14, 2014

(1)

Can I Re-enter SA Or I Need To Charge For Penalty? / Cheap Airlines And Their Prices / Did You Know That Ifelodun LGA Of Kwara State Is Larger Than The Whole Of Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.