Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,832 members, 7,802,668 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor - Business (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor (93781 Views)

My Experience With Shoptomydoor / Shopping Experience With Shoptomydoor / My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by sheggsliveth: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
truthfulmallam:

I think I better use uk2naija if their service is better. Cos, right now I am boiling. My very first business with them and I am already getting double statements from them.

Bro Shoptomydoor is worst they keep given cock and bull stories...will never use them again. As far r uk2naija they are million better than Shoptomydoor I got my package within 24hours with just 4k difference to Shoptomydoor.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
truthfulmallam Thank you and we do appreciate your honest feedback as regards our service. However, kindly know that the upgrade on the platform is to ensure customer maximum satisfaction, understanding as regards the service, stress free and affordable shipping experience. In as much as we may not be perfect, we also that customers are truly satisfied. We have our different transit time for air and Ocean which we always ensure that shipments are cleared and delivered at the stipulated time frame. We have transit time of 3-5 business days.

sheggsliveth: We sincerely apologize for every inconvenience. Kindly avail us with the details of the shipment to have this complaint looked into and have it resolved immediately. We do be looking forward to a feedback from you.
truthfulmallam:

I think I better use uk2naija if their service is better. Cos, right now I am boiling. My very first business with them and I am already getting double statements from them.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by willola28: 9:57am On Dec 20, 2019
@shoptomydoor, Why are your prices so crazy, ideally I would have called, but I'm sure you people will give me the same robotic answer you always give about size and dimensions and you guys are transparent blablabla, but how will DHL shipping that takes 3 days to deliver be cheaper than your regular basic shipping that takes almost a month? For a very small box at that... Na wa!

shoptomydoor:
truthfulmallam Thank you and we do appreciate your honest feedback as regards our service. However, kindly know that the upgrade on the platform is to ensure customer maximum satisfaction, understanding as regards the service, stress free and affordable shipping experience. In as much as we may not be perfect, we also that customers are truly satisfied. We have our different transit time for air and Ocean which we always ensure that shipments are cleared and delivered at the stipulated time frame. We have transit time of 3-5 business days.

sheggsliveth: We sincerely apologize for every inconvenience. Kindly avail us with the details of the shipment to have this complaint looked into and have it resolved immediately. We do be looking forward to a feedback from you.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2019
Hello
Dear valued customer,
and our sincere apologies for every inconvenience. Kindly know that our shipping cost have always been based on the weight and dimensions of your items, this is the reason why we have our pricing calculator that can be used to get an estimated shipping cost even before shipping your items to us. The system generates the total shipping cost and there are different shipping cost based on their transit times, hence you are required to kindly choose that which is convenient to you. Transit time starts from when the items have been shipped and not when payment is made for a shipment (the reason why its called transit time) and we have not had a reason to delay any shipment as all transit times have always been kept accordingly. For a small box sir will not be an item that weight almost 17lbs in weight, as items with small boxes are referred to as rings and a wrist watch with a case. Once again dear valued customer, we will advice you go ahead to chose any of the shipping method convenient to you as regards payment. We do wish you a happy holiday ahead.
willola28:
@shoptomydoor, Why are your prices so crazy, ideally I would have called, but I'm sure you people will give me the same robotic answer you always give about size and dimensions and you guys are transparent blablabla, but how will DHL shipping that takes 3 days to deliver be cheaper than your regular basic shipping that takes almost a month? For a very small box at that... Na wa!

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by usfieldmarshal(m): 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
So I am not really the kind of person that write reviews, bit this one I got to loud it for everyone.
Now I placed an order on Amazon, it took a couple of days to arrive at Shoptomydoor.com warehouse, and it took over 24hrs to upload it on my dashboard. Well I didn't care. Now the valued the FR shirt, Shoes and 5 books that I bought wrongly. I called them, and after a little provocative talk, they asked for my invoice, I gave it to them, and they entered the correct cost of the items. Well the shipping cost dropped by a few cents. Well I got some cash to pay, and they had started charging me for storage, I paid. Now the price at the shipment method page, and the final checkout price were a lot different. Ok. I paid, now when the parcel arrived, I discovered that the price shoptomydoor gave to DHL was over 80% lower than what I had supplied to them of which was the basis for their charges.
Value of shoe was $79, the gave DHL $15
All to make maximum gain.
I will upload pics of the invoice I gave to shoptomydoor and what DHL got from them.
I bought a perfume for $6 now I have to pay $49 for a perfume of 8ounce to ship it, what rubbish, and they are already charging me for storage. When am ready I will pay, but I will never use them again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 10:56am On Jan 06, 2020
Good day and our sincere apologies for every inconvenience caused. Please note that items received at the warehouse are updated within 24 business hours after their arrival which is stated on our website, as we ensure items, quantities and dimensions are updated accurately. It is stated also when items have been updated that the right invoice should be provided if the value of an item updated is wrong to have it corrected immediately. Our shipping cost have always been based on the weight and dimensions of your items, hence the value of your items have nothing to do with the shipping cost. When items are updated in your account, customers are communicated that the free storage is just for 14 days, hence you are required to make all payment within the 14 days free storage, after that we begin to charge you for demurrage, all companies running logistics service charge for this and we also go out of our way to provide you with 14 days when other shipping lines provide just 3-5 days free storage. Sir/ma, DHL is our partner and we have an agreement with them which you would not expect us to divulge such information to you, the shipping cost paid to us and the value of your items is what is insured on our platform hence if there is a missing or a damage as regards your items, it is the value you insured with us we will be refunding to you in full, hence this papers provided are just mere documentation with our partner DHL. For perfumes, most airlines do not ship such items which is highly hazardous in Nature even (DHL) the airlines that does, bill us heavily for each regardless of their weight. At this juncture we will once again apologize for every inconvenience and also encourage that you kindly visit our website and avail yourself on how our service truly works. For every further assistance we can be reached via any of our social media platform or via a phone. Thank you for your patronage, truly we appreciate you, because without you there will be no shoptomydoor.
usfieldmarshal:
So I am not really the kind of person that write reviews, bit this one I got to loud it for everyone.
Now I placed an order on Amazon, it took a couple of days to arrive at Shoptomydoor.com warehouse, and it took over 24hrs to upload it on my dashboard. Well I didn't care. Now the valued the FR shirt, Shoes and 5 books that I bought wrongly. I called them, and after a little provocative talk, they asked for my invoice, I gave it to them, and they entered the correct cost of the items. Well the shipping cost dropped by a few cents. Well I got some cash to pay, and they had started charging me for storage, I paid. Now the price at the shipment method page, and the final checkout price were a lot different. Ok. I paid, now when the parcel arrived, I discovered that the price shoptomydoor gave to DHL was over 80% lower than what I had supplied to them of which was the basis for their charges.
Value of shoe was $79, the gave DHL $15
All to make maximum gain.
I will upload pics of the invoice I gave to shoptomydoor and what DHL got from them.
I bought a perfume for $6 now I have to pay $49 for a perfume of 8ounce to ship it, what rubbish, and they are already charging me for storage. When am ready I will pay, but I will never use them again.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by uef: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2020
As in, shop to my door is the worst people to patronize if ever you have an international package to order. Their hidden charges are like that of a conman. I wouldn't believe if it was coming from a third party however, this is what I'm experiencing at the moment.

Can you believe i spent about 180$ or less in acquiring some light recording equipment and they are charging almost the same amount to ship it. I regret ever opting to acquire those equipments. If you dont want regrets or loose more more in returning items, check before you deal with shop to my door OR better still if you have plenty money to spend, go ahead. Especially if you can't source for the items locally.

My 2cents.

Total Cost: NG 49,407.93 ( $ 136.11 )
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by omoharry(f): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2020
I came here to know if shop to my door is an option for me since i intend to do some shopping .Your services have so many negative reviews from customers. Thank you guys for your feedback, if not I would have been a victim too.
Shop to my Door, I think you guys should sit down and review your style of business again.There are way too many aggrieved customers here and your ever available agents to justify and defend your company and why your services is like that.If your company continues like this i dont think it will last for a very long time.My piece though.Good recommendation from satisfied customers make business to grow and not the other way round.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Awawi: 12:58am On Mar 05, 2020
I have a question to ask, why is STMD always fond of increasing weight in order to charge you more on the shipping cost, sometimes last year I and my friend placed the same order from amazon, a jersey, I advised my friend to use STMD for cheaper shipping cost but he didn’t use STMD, he opted for DHL because he needed his jersey sooner, his order arrived in 5 days because it was shipped directly from amazon to Nigeria, I thought using STMD would save cost of shipping, to my greatest surprise I ended up paying more and it took my order about 4 weeks to deliver, now can STMD explain how their service is more expensive than DHL, they increase the weight of my order thereby the shipping cost was increased, I hope STMD knows this is pure fraud, thousand of customers have laid the same complain yet STMD keeps updating wrong weight, it is a deliberate serial action to defraud customer, it’s time the CEO and staff have to rethink, they are doing their selves more harm, you might lose everything you’ve stole from customers within a day, recently I read online a customer saying he is going to file a 5Billon naira suit against STMD, he implored any customers that has fallen victim of this fraud to be a witness, more than 200 customers have dropped their numbers as victim of this scam, he is in fact a lawyer and assured all victims he will do everything possible with assistance of some top lawyers to bring STMD to book

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Estee100: 10:35am On Jun 19, 2020
Don't ever use shop to my door
They have tried in there own way to crumple me but God pass them
Item that way suppose to take 8-10days to get to me is getting to 2months and am still yet to receive it. The funny thing is that before I decided to use this company, I searched for reviews and I got about 90% critical negative reviews but because of the lockdown, I called them and they said they are shipping, I decided to opt for them. Little did I know I was entering one chance. I will never let this go $410 is not a child's play. I will get back to u guys in a way u never expect
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by willola28: 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hello,

It's been a while since I last visited shoptomydoor reviews on Nairaland, And I am not surprised to see that Shoptomydoor PR isn't even trying anymore to deny many allegations levied against them since I’m sure many of them are actually true. I started with shoptomydoor since 2012 and I am one of their old customers, but even the most loyal of customers can see how they've gone downhill since when I joined in 2012. I am going to share my experience which is now looking like a final nail in the coffin.

I use both their UK and US warehouse and I am going to share my experience with both. Let me start with the UK warehouse, I have an electric kettle and one charger in the UK warehouse, which they made me pay $ 89.52 to ship it to their office in Nigeria, (Not my house) Their office. Yes, you read correctly $82. It's been over 1 month since I paid for that item, It’s not here yet. I paid for that shipment on the 27th OF MAY 2020, as of writing this review, It's 30th of June. I don't have a package yet. Their WhatsApp number who would usually address my concerns isn't even replying regularly anymore. It's now an off and on thing.

I currently have some items in my USA warehouse. Small items (Weighing Scale, PS4 CD, and a phone casing). On the warehouse page, they claimed my shipping and clearing is $68... Between the warehouse page and the checkout page, the total price being charged by them increased to $83. I noticed they started charging $5 for every delivery to their warehouse and they started charging a tax of 7.5%. Which got the total up to $83. I called their customer service number to address this issue, all he could tell me 'rudely' is that if I cannot afford the air basic charges, I should go with the ocean shipping, which would take months to arrive. I mean, $83 for 3 pieces of small items is crazy expensive. No matter how you want to spin it. Which I can guarantee wouldn't arrive at the promise time anyway.

On a final note, I would advise people to avoid this shoptomydoor company atleast for now, Like I said, I am not a new customer, I've been their customer since 2012 and I rarely use other logistics company, except on rare occasions when I want to deliberately compare shipping prices.. I can tell something is awfully wrong with shoptomydoor recently. If I were to take a guess, I would say they may be on the verge of bankruptcy or collapse. High shipping charges and many unnecessary fees like the inventory charge of $5 per delivery and 7.5% VAT (which wasn't there before) will tell you they're trying to raise money as quickly as possible without caring about the customer.

Another thing I do not like about shoptomydoor, which has been their custom over time is that they will never review your shipping fee. If you feel aggrieved about their charges and you try to get them to review it, they won't even address it. Like I said, I’ve noticed that over time. So whatever total they give you is what you'll pay. No questions asked.

This is my honest review of Shoptomydoor as of June, 30th 2020. my email is eurofieds@gmail.com.

Thank You
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by donbusky(m): 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
Horrible experience with Shoptomy door. I am regretting using you for the 2nd time even after an unpleasant experience last year. I guess I hoped things would be different this time around.

I made a some purchases and shipped to your Houston warehouse. On trying to checkout I see shipping to Nigeria via Air is over $800 including a surprise $90 inventory charge. I screamed and contacted your Customer Service who said nothing can be done, that it is the cost. The shipping weight is so much higher than the actual weight and I am told that it is because of dimensions of the package to contain all my items.

No problem, I decide to use Ocean shipping which will take 2 - 3 months, but cheaper at approximately $400 and proceed to checkout. The site advertises to me beside the Checkout button that I can subscribe and save. If I subscribe at $29 for 1 month (plus 7.5% VAT), I save 10% on all types of shipping. I am intrigued and decide to try this so I stop the checkout and go subscribe. After subscription, I start the checkout process again and surprise, there is no 10% discount applied to my cart.

I called customer care to complain, they say nothing can be done, that the discount will apply to my next shipping. I said no, this is not what your site advertised. It clearly showed at point of checkout that I could subscribe and save (see picture below). At no point did it say that it will not apply to current order. In any case, if the discount wont work no problem, cancel and refund me the subscription. What did they say? No way, subscriptions cannot be canceled.

I spend more than 40 mins on the phone with them across 3 calls, no luck. Each time they promise to review and call back but of course they do not do so. In essence:
1. I have to pay high shipping fees, nothing can be done about it
2. I make payment for subscription, I don't get the discount, nothing can be done about it
3. I ask for a refund of the subscription, I am told no, nothing can be done about it

I did not ask that they review the shipping cost or inventory cost, I did not complain. All I asked for was that they should give the discount as advertised for their subscribers, or if they cannot deliver promised service, they should refund it.

Is Shoptomydoor out to scam people, or do they just not care at all about their customers? What type of shoddy, careless and disrespectful customer service is this? Essentially holding me to ransome because the longer I delay, my goods will start incurring storage costs daily on their site.

This is so sad. I have learnt my lesson the hard way dealing with Shoptomydoor and I will urge everyone else to do their research and be careful. There are tons of negative reviews online, and they are not fabricated, they are real. I have unfortunately experienced it myself.

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Adoghame22: 3:50am On Jul 10, 2020
Shoptomydoor offers the worst possible service you can even imagine. From very dishonest shipment updates to endless delays in picking calls to disrespectful customer care. Their issues are endless. How will a shipment take three months and they still find a way of justifying it after paying over 200$ for a small item.

Whoever owns this business should know its already on a sinking ship if their issues are not addressed.

As for any potential new shippers please i beg you, i repeat avoid them!!!!!!!
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2020
We are sorry you did not receive your package as promptly as you expected. We take pride in our customer satisfaction and these mistakes are not in line with our philosophy. A lot of time has been invested to determine the root cause of this error and my team and I reached the conclusion that this was mainly due to the covid 19 pandemic as we had limited airlines shipping to Nigeria, hence, the increase in the transit. As part of our continuous strive for perfection, we have implemented numbers of checks and subsequent orders are now been delivered within the stipulated time frame. We can assure you that this a one-off incident and your subsequent orders will be delivered timely. You deserve the best and we will make sure that you will get it with us. Thank you for raising this matter and giving us an opportunity to perform even better.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2020
We are sorry you did not receive your package as promptly as you expected. We take pride in our customer satisfaction and these mistakes are not in line with our philosophy. A lot of time has been invested to determine the root cause of this error and my team and I reached the conclusion that this was mainly due to the covid 19 pandemic as we had limited airlines shipping to Nigeria, hence, the increase in the transit. As part of our continuous strive for perfection, we have implemented numbers of checks and subsequent orders are now been delivered within the stipulated time frame. In respect to not be able to get in touch with the customer team, this only occurs when the numbers are engaged and we do ensure that all missed calls are returned. Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience, we can assure you that this a one-off incident and your subsequent orders will be delivered timely. You deserve the best and we will make sure that you will get it with us. Thank you for raising this matter and giving us an opportunity to perform even better.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2020
We are sorry you did not receive your package as promptly as you expected. We take pride in our customer satisfaction and these mistakes are not in line with our philosophy. A lot of time has been invested to determine the root cause of this error and my team and I reached the conclusion that this was mainly due to the covid 19 pandemic as we had limited airlines shipping to Nigeria, hence, the increase in the transit. As part of our continuous strive for perfection, we have implemented numbers of checks and subsequent orders are now been delivered within the stipulated time frame. In respect to not be able to get in touch with the customer team, this only occurs when the numbers are engaged and we do ensure that all missed calls are returned. Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience, we can assure you that this a one-off incident and your subsequent orders will be delivered timely. You deserve the best and we will make sure that you will get it with us. Thank you for raising this matter and giving us an opportunity to perform even better.

Adoghame22:
Shoptomydoor offers the worst possible service you can even imagine. From very dishonest shipment updates to endless delays in picking calls to disrespectful customer care. Their issues are endless. How will a shipment take three months and they still find a way of justifying it after paying over 200$ for a small item.

Whoever owns this business should know its already on a sinking ship if their issues are not addressed.

As for any potential new shippers please i beg you, i repeat avoid them!!!!!!!
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2020
We are truly sorry for any inconvenience experienced, this Is not our standard of operation. Our core value is to provide a stressfree shipping experience with excellence in every detail.

As regards the rate, we are very transparent about how our rates are calculated. This also stated on the website https://blog.shoptomydoor.com/understanding-your-shipping-cost/ as the system has also been programmed to give you a detailed explanation on how the shipping cost was calculated prior to shipping via our get a quote tool https://www.shoptomydoor.com/getquote . All charges and every other information in terms of the rate is given.

In respect to the subscription, this is an added advantage we offer to all customers where you are entitled to 10% of the shipping cost once a subscription plan is activated. This doesn't consider if you have a pending shipment in your warehouse as this is activated immediately the payment is made provided the shipment in your warehouse hasn't been submitted for payment.

This implies that once a shipment is submitted for payment, the system no longer recognizes it as an unpaid shipment and the subscription plan cannot be activated until your subsequent orders.

We would love to investigate this further and ensure this is resolved, please let us have your unit number so we can look into this immediately and ensure this is resolved immediately. If the error is from our end, yes, the refund will be processed immediately.

We have also notified the IT department to investigate further, we are certain that once the error is from our end, we will definitely ensure measures are put in place to prevent such reoccurrence in the future,

It's our ultimate goal that all of our customers go through an exceptionally gratifying experience. We will do whatever it takes to achieve that.

We want to thank you personally for patronage over the year. We value your business and wish to retain you as a customer for years to come.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by silaxx(m): 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
Shoptomydoor how can you charge me 13k to ship an item of 4k..........y'all said it will cost me 3k to ship it, after receiving it u want me to pay 13k

Shipment number: 21683

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by Mamayam: 1:20am On Dec 05, 2020
Well. I will rate 7/10
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
silaxx:
Shoptomydoor how can you charge me 13k to ship an item of 4k..........y'all said it will cost me 3k to ship it, after receiving it u want me to pay 13k

Shipment number: 21683

The shipping cost is not calculated based on the value of the item but the weight/dimensions of the items. This implies that you are not billed using the value of the item but the space it may take up while in transit. For example, we have customers who ship phone worth $1200 or more but we still do not bill them based on the value of the items as we only consider the space the items will take up while calculating the shipping cost. When you are shipping an item, you do not enjoy the combine and save services which allows you shop from multiple stores while we combine and ship as one to lower your overall shipping cost. As with all shipping companies, a minimum charge applies to all shipments, and when you ship multiple small shipments, you end up paying multiple minimum charges. Our “Combine and Save” service eliminates this multiple minimum charges by combining items you buy from multiple online stores and shipping them as one. Using the items in your warehouse, if you shipping one of it, you are billed $ 26, if you are shipping two of the same item separately, the total cost to Benin is $56. However, using our combine and save services, you can still ship both items together for $ 28.09. We recommend you shop for more items and save over 80% on the shipping cost or click on the link https://www.shoptomydoor.com/how-do-i-lower-this-shipping-cost to view ways in which you can still lower the shipping cost. We appreciate your patronage.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by silaxx(m): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
shoptomydoor:

The shipping cost is not calculated based on the value of the item but the weight/dimensions of the items. This implies that you are not billed using the value of the item but the space it may take up while in transit. For example, we have customers who ship phone worth $1200 or more but we still do not bill them based on the value of the items as we only consider the space the items will take up while calculating the shipping cost. When you are shipping an item, you do not enjoy the combine and save services which allows you shop from multiple stores while we combine and ship as one to lower your overall shipping cost. As with all shipping companies, a minimum charge applies to all shipments, and when you ship multiple small shipments, you end up paying multiple minimum charges. Our “Combine and Save” service eliminates this multiple minimum charges by combining items you buy from multiple online stores and shipping them as one. Using the items in your warehouse, if you shipping one of it, you are billed $ 26, if you are shipping two of the same item separately, the total cost to Benin is $56. However, using our combine and save services, you can still ship both items together for $ 28.09. We recommend you shop for more items and save over 80% on the shipping cost or click on the link https://www.shoptomydoor.com/how-do-i-lower-this-shipping-cost to view ways in which you can still lower the shipping cost. We appreciate your patronage.
so what kind of space a sim will occupied? That y'all are now charging me 26 USD
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by seanwilliam(m): 12:11am On Dec 27, 2020
shoptomydoor:

The shipping cost is not calculated based on the https://www.shoptomydoor.com/how-do-i-lower-this-shipping-cost to view ways in which you can still lower the shipping cost. We appreciate your patronage.
does shoptomydoor receive package sent to the address other than the online shopping? I mean can someone send phone into my shoptomydoor address??
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by seanwilliam(m): 12:13am On Dec 27, 2020
silaxx:
so what kind of space a sim will occupied? That y'all are now charging me 26 USD
brother abeg does shoptomydoor receive package sent to the address other than the online shopping? I mean can someone send phone into my shoptomydoor address??
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by silaxx(m): 6:53am On Dec 27, 2020
seanwilliam:
brother abeg does shoptomydoor receive package sent to the address other than the online shopping? I mean can someone send phone into my shoptomydoor address??
yes, I think so
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by unikwa: 2:02am On Dec 30, 2020
I shipped some items through shoptomydoor - US to Nigeria.
I was billed based on weight and size.
After making full payment, they sent me a new invoice, charging me another 40% of the amount I already paid.

Basically, don't assume the amount they charge you the first time is what you will pay. They could return for more money.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by SoldierPikin: 2:52am On Dec 31, 2020
unikwa:
I shipped some items through shoptomydoor - US to Nigeria.
I was billed based on weight and size.
After making full payment, they sent me a new invoice, charging me another 40% of the amount I already paid.

Basically, don't assume the amount they charge you the first time is what you will pay. They could return for more money.

This is interesting and doesn't sound right. Shoptomydoor needs to come and answer.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by SoldierPikin: 2:58am On Dec 31, 2020
Awawi:
I have a question to ask, why is STMD always fond of increasing weight in order to charge you more on the shipping cost, sometimes last year I and my friend placed the same order from amazon, a jersey, I advised my friend to use STMD for cheaper shipping cost but he didn’t use STMD, he opted for DHL because he needed his jersey sooner, his order arrived in 5 days because it was shipped directly from amazon to Nigeria, I thought using STMD would save cost of shipping, to my greatest surprise I ended up paying more and it took my order about 4 weeks to deliver, now can STMD explain how their service is more expensive than DHL, they increase the weight of my order thereby the shipping cost was increased, I hope STMD knows this is pure fraud, thousand of customers have laid the same complain yet STMD keeps updating wrong weight, it is a deliberate serial action to defraud customer, it’s time the CEO and staff have to rethink, they are doing their selves more harm, you might lose everything you’ve stole from customers within a day, recently I read online a customer saying he is going to file a 5Billon naira suit against STMD, he implored any customers that has fallen victim of this fraud to be a witness, more than 200 customers have dropped their numbers as victim of this scam, he is in fact a lawyer and assured all victims he will do everything possible with assistance of some top lawyers to bring STMD to book

If this is true, his is considered mail fraud in the United States and comes with stiff penalties. Wow! You should talk to a lawyer or the prosecutor in their area.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by SoldierPikin: 7:23am On Dec 31, 2020
djkaneo:
They have been acting up with charges and delays, and I have been playing along. But this time, I won't. I bought 2 portable hard disks from WD. Instead of consolidating both, they separated them into different shipments. They then proceeded to slam 2lbs on the 1TB hard disk. And it took series of back and forth before they corrected the value of the 2TB hard disk. Theirs is supposed to be a worry-free shipping experience, but that has never been the case, not even once. Shoptomydoor, consolidate my hard disks, there are no lithium batteries in any of them. "Dimensional weight" is not in play here, where you guys got 2.01lbs(for the 1TB) and 1.04lbs(for the 2TB) from, I wonder.

Wow! shocked
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by VKasparov(m): 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
shocked
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by VKasparov(m): 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
You may find this difficult to believe, but shipping directly from Amazon to Nigeria is now cheaper than shipping through shoptomydoor.

AmazonGlobal Shipping is much cheaper, especially for shipping items such as laptops, phones and the like.

They are honest and they will not charge you bogus hidden fees and inflated Clearing, Port Handling and Duty Fees. I recently shipped a laptop with AmazonGlobal shipping and they only charged me for:

1. Shipping and Handling
2. Import fees deposit

The import fees deposit was surprisingly low. When I clicked the link on “Import Fees Deposit” on their checkout page, they explained that if they did not pay customs up to the amount I deposited, they will refund my balance through the medium I used in paying for the transaction. However, if they paid more than the sum they asked me to deposit, they will not ask me to pay more. Imagine!

Also, at the Amazon checkout page, if you are using AmazonGlobal Shipping, they will not charge you the usual 9% tax of the cost of the items you purchased. It is Zero tax!

I experimented by shipping another laptop within that same period using shoptomydoor. They charged me for:

1. Shipping Cost
2. Clearing, Port Handling and Duty
3. Inventory Charge
4. Other Charges
5. VAT

At the end of the day, I discovered that I paid shoptomydoor a considerably higher amount than I paid when shipping directly from Amazon.

Moreover, Amazon also partners with our local courier services to ensure your items get to your doorstep in whichever part of the country you are.

I will never ever use any parcel forwarding service again when shipping from Amazon!
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by unikwa: 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2021
VKasparov:
shocked
This is helpful info. Thank you.

Shoptomydoor will die eventually if they don't change their ways. People still use them only because there are no viable alternatives. But that is changing now.
Re: What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor by shoptomydoor: 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
seanwilliam:
does shoptomydoor receive package sent to the address other than the online shopping? I mean can someone send phone into my shoptomydoor address??

Hello Williams, we receive items shipped from a residential address in the US or UK. Also, you can opt-in for our pick up services and we'll have the items picked up from the given address. To request for a pickup, kindly send an email to contact@shoptomydoor.com stating the weight/dimension of the item, detailed address inclusive of zip code, item description and value. Once received, the pick up will be scheduled, you can also call us on 07008008000 or +1 888 315 9027 to schedule a pickup. To get started, please visit shhoptomydoor.com to register. We will deliver to your doorstep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria (Photos) / Picture Of Biggest Private Mansion In Nigeria? / Free Tutorial On How To Make Money Using Fiverr.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.