Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? (1239 Views)

Android App Programming! / Help! I Where Will I Learn Android And Blackberry App Programming! / Entry-level Certifications To Jump-start Your IT Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by nicheroute(m): 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hi everyone, please I want to be able to programe Mobile Apps, what programming language can I learn that will help me jump start it within few weeks without going through programing desktop App like it happens with JAVA?
Re: How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
nicheroute: Hi everyone, please I want to be able to programe Mobile Apps, what programming language can I learn that will help me jump start it within few weeks without going through programing desktop App like it happens with JAVA?

I don't understand you, but what I can deduce from your post is that you want to start developing Mobile Apps, and you are asking what programming language you need to learn.

First lemme start by saying that they are two types of Apps, Web Apps and Native Apps.

With Web Apps you can develop Apps that runs in all mobile platform say Android, BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10 and iOS. The language that make up your Web Apps are your HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

With Native Apps you can develop Mobile Apps for specific Target platform for example if you want to develop for the Android Platform you need to learn Java very well (Some say you can use C/C++, but I haven't seen anyone, developing Android Apps with it), if you want to develop for the iOS you need to learn Objective C/Swift very well, for BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10, Java.

The difference between them (Web Apps and Native Apps) is in terms of appearance. The Web Apps cannot target the look and feel of how an Android App suppose to be like.
And vice versa.
Re: How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by nicheroute(m): 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
phatjoe50:

I don't understand you, but what I can deduce from your post is that you want to start developing Mobile Apps, and you are asking what programming language you need to learn.

First lemme start by saying that they are two types of Apps, Web Apps and Native Apps.

With Web Apps you can develop Apps that runs in all mobile platform say Android, BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10 and iOS. The language that make up your Web Apps are your HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

With Native Apps you can develop Mobile Apps for specific Target platform for example if you want to develop for the Android Platform you need to learn Java very well (Some say you can use C/C++, but I haven't seen anyone, developing Android Apps with it), if you want to develop for the iOS you need to learn Objective C/Swift very well, for BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10, Java.

The difference between them (Web Apps and Native Apps) is in terms of appearance. The Web Apps cannot target the look and feel of how an Android App suppose to be like.
And vice versa.
I love this, very clear explanation; I think what I want to be able to develop is Apps like 2go, whatsapp and of the like, apps that connects and secure.

Can we categorize them has native App? You know, Apps that works without Phone browser.

They are independent and has there own interface.

Meanwhile, can JAVA be use for website backend programming like PHP?

Hope to read from you soon.
Re: How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 14, 2014
nicheroute:
I love this, very clear explanation; I think what I want to be able to develop is Apps like 2go, whatsapp and of the like, apps that connects and secure.

Can we categorize them has native App? You know, Apps that works without Phone browser.

They are independent and has there own interface.

Meanwhile, can JAVA be use for website backend programming like PHP?

Hope to read from you soon.

2go and WhatsApp are both Native Apps.
Apps that I can say that are Web Apps are say Linda Ikeji App, Facebook App.
With Web Apps technology you can still come up with Apps like 2go and WhatsApp, but you can hardly target the look of a native App.

All programming languages can handle Backend, but from experience I advice you use PHP MySQL for your backend, because it's easy and if you are working for a client, there are likelihood that he is going to ask you to use PHP, MySQL for your backends.
Re: How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by nicheroute(m): 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
phatjoe50:

2go and WhatsApp are both Native Apps.
Apps that I can say that are Web Apps are say Linda Ikeji App, Facebook App.
With Web Apps technology you can still come up with Apps like 2go and WhatsApp, but you can hardly target the look of a native App.

All programming languages can handle Backend, but from experience I advice you use PHP MySQL for your backend, because it's easy and if you are working for a client, there are likelihood that he is going to ask you to use PHP, MySQL for your backends.

thank you very much, now I understand. God bless.
Re: How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by Hawlahscho(m): 12:28am On Sep 17, 2014
phatjoe50:

And vice versa.

I know cpp but I'm new to Java, and I wan. to code an android application to calculate gp, Iono what to do pls help
Re: How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 17, 2014
Hawlahscho:

I know cpp but I'm new to Java, and I wan. to code an android application to calculate gp, Iono what to do pls help

If you are already know CPP, then learning Java won't be difficult for you.

But I believe you may encounter syntax issues when developing, but always consult developers.android.com or you can also use NL some great guys here may help.
Re: How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by Hawlahscho(m): 9:35am On Sep 17, 2014
phatjoe50:

If you are already know CPP, then learning Java won't be difficult for you.

But I believe you may encounter syntax issues when developing, but always consult developers.android.com or you can also use NL some great guys here may help.
alright, let me checkout that android developers
Re: How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Hawlahscho:
alright, let me checkout that android developers

Here's is the URL

http://developer.android.com/training/index.html

Let me know if you need any help.
Re: How Do I Jump-Start Mobile App Programming? by Zarama7(f): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2014
The ad below this post is offering app tutorial to those in lagos

(1) (Reply)

Microscope Kit And Accesories Sales At Micostar Mall / Wants To Connect To A Locally Hosted Website From Another Computer / Looking For An ASP.NET 5/angular2 Developer To Build A School Management System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.