Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,320 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (191827 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by noble4d(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
jauntty: It seems u are having either Astigmatism or dry eye. I want to know if U have any relief from using the sodium cromoglycate.

Thanks for responding. Yes I do have relief from using sodium cromoglycate... I used the eye drop for three months and stop the application three weeks ago...Now, the symptoms returned, and I also noticed that my eyes are getting smaller.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
3DCYCLOPS: Hey Doc..can i get a contact lens fitted into a ray ban frame..''the big sun glasses frame''
NO SIR !!! Contact lens is a small concave optical device fitted on the cornea of the eye. What U can do is to get the power of the contact lens, and get an equivalent lens power fitted on ur Ray Ban frame.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
shawlay: How do I prevent transferring retinitis pigmentosa to my baby.
Hello Shawlay..,retinitis pigmentosa is hereditary and therefore there is little you can do about the probability of transferring it to your baby. But what U can do is to always take ur baby for yearly assessment. The earlier its detected the better. Basically, retinitis affect more of the Rod cells that help with night visions. Vitamin A and Omega-3 diets help to manage and slow down the rate of progression of Retinitis Pigmentosa.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by bakynes(m): 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
drsteroid: please you need tell if there you feel uncomfortable under sunlight,cos as u ve just said you feel relieved whenever you put on your shades,so try provide more informations concerning the symptoms,so we can start from there...Thanks
Yes it happens under the sun
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:34am On Sep 19, 2014
bakynes:
Yes it happens under the sun
you need get a photochromic lens,the photochromic lens works like an automatic lens by becoming dark when you are under sunlight and brightens up again when you are in a dark place,this is to allow you feel comfortable no matter the environment you find yourself, you will also need anti allergic drugs,you can visit your nearest eye clinic or you send me a mail so we can talk better.Thank you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by bakynes(m): 5:47am On Sep 19, 2014
drsteroid: you need get a photochromic lens,the photochromic lens works like an automatic lens by becoming dark when you are under sunlight and brightens up again when you are in a dark place,this is to allow you feel comfortable no matter the environment you find yourself, you will also need anti allergic drugs,you can visit your nearest eye clinic or you send me a mail so we can talk better.Thank you
Thank you so much please let me have your email address.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2014
mayorski01: Hello Doc, my sister has just been diagonised with corneal
opacity, her doctor says the only way out is a corneal
transplant
(3) is this a sickness that can be lived with?
is it in one eye or Both Eyes
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lizboh(f): 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls where can one laser treatment for crossed eye in Lagos and aw much does it cost
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lizboh: Pls where can one laser treatment for crossed eye in Lagos and aw much does it cost
Hi Lizboh.....laser treatment is not for cross eye. The management of Strabismus (cross eye) are basically Eyeglasses, prism, vision therapy and muscle surgery. You can send me a mail for further explanations.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
drsteroid: kk...it shows your V.A was 6/24 since you were only able to read the 1st three letters and that shows you are either myopia or astigmatism..4rm your tonometry result,it shows the pressure is ok,don't no the result of your opthalmoscopy and visual field test,that would have confirmed your glaucoma status.please just get your glasses and make sure you go for glaucoma screening at least once or 2wice a year,since glaucoma is familial..glasses has no effect in preventing glaucoma..thank you
i tink if it is glaucoma probably normal tension glaucoma drugs wld b used nd nt glasses. I suggest u go to a better clinic to b diagnosed properly cos glaucoma is nt wht shld b joked wit. doc i tink dat va on snellens shld b 6/36 nd nt 6/24. Tnk u
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
optm: i tink if it is glaucoma probably normal tension glaucoma drugs wld b used nd nt glasses. I suggest u go to a better clinic to b diagnosed properly cos glaucoma is nt wht shld b joked wit. doc i tink dat va on snellens shld b 6/36 nd nt 6/24. Tnk u
6/60...6/36...6/24. If she read the 1st three lines then its 6/24.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
jauntty: 6/60...6/36...6/24. If she read the 1st three lines then its 6/24.
go ova it again she didnt say she read d first three lines. She wrote she cld read d first letter nd den d two letters on d nxt line. Makin dem three letters she read.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
bakynes:
Thank you so much please let me have your email address.
edmundo.steroidal@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by momexcellency: 1:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
drsteroid: edmundo.steroidal@gmail.com..that's my e mail address,and my bbm pin is:3315B6AF
Thank you. May God send you an helper.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
momexcellency:
Thank you. May God send you an helper.
amen..thanx so much 4 the prayer
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by leksgcfr(m): 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Good day doctor ,
Any solution to an eye that is a little bit bigger than the other?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
leksgcfr: Good day doctor ,
No. As long as its not swollen.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
I have always try to help people here with their eye issues. I wonder why I should be banned since yestaday.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:59am On Sep 21, 2014
leksgcfr: Good day doctor ,
were you born that way,or something else happened,try let us to us know..Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by leksgcfr(m): 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
drsteroid: were you born that way,or something else happened,try let us to us know..Thanks

its natural
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TUNEX89(m): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Can the short sight of albino be corrected by using glasses ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
TUNEX89: Can the short sight of albino be corrected by using glasses ?
Spectacle corrections and visual rehabilitations.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by pretydiva(f): 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
Gud pm Dr. Pls I ve issues wif my left eye.the issue is dat I can't see with the side of the eye,not dat I can't wit the eye at all.i don't know if you understand wat m tryin 2 say.i noticed it since 2007,went 2 d hospital was recommended glasses.though m stil not using any till now..my question is wat could ve been the cause of d partial blindness at d side or corner of d eye if I must put it dat way?

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 1:57am On Sep 23, 2014
pretydiva: Gud pm Dr. Pls I ve issues wif my left eye.the issue is dat I can't see with the side of the eye,not dat I can't wit the eye at all.i don't know if you understand wat m tryin 2 say.i noticed it since 2007,went 2 d hospital was recommended glasses.though m stil not using any till now..my question is wat could ve been the cause of d partial blindness at d side or corner of d eye if I must put it dat way?
Hi Diva...you seem to be having decrease peripheral vision. If that's the case then it could be an indication of something more serious. Send me a mail so that I can ask u a couple of questions and help u better..... brainyjaunty@gmail.com
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by momexcellency: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
Good Evening Doctor, you have been very helpful. The eyedrop you recommended for me is very good. Thank you. I want you to please help me out once again: I have a client that just woke up one morning and discovered her eye colour had changed. Eyes unclear and water is coming out of the eyes. She doest have any eye problem before now. She is on Visine currently. Please what do you think is the cause and what can she do to avoid future occurrence and lastly which drug can you please recommend that will give fast releif. Thank you.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 11, 2014
please what can i do?....i just started having sight issues from starring too long at the screen.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by heywhyho(f): 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hi, dr, I don't see clearly outdoor, especially when it very, bright, lately, when i engage in reading for like2hrs, my eyes ache as if av been punched their, for days and i av to read.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by heywhyho(f): 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hi! dr, I don't see clearly outdoor, especially when it very bright, lately when i engage in reading for like2hrs, my eyes ache as if av been punched their, for days and i av to read.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TUNEX89(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
jauntty:
Spectacle corrections and visual rehabilitations.
pls shed more light on this and do i go about it ? Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
netsurf:
please what can i do?....i just started having sight issues from starring too long at the screen.
describe it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
heywhyho:
Hi, dr, I don't see clearly outdoor, especially when it very, bright, lately, when i engage in reading for like2hrs, my eyes ache as if av been punched their, for days and i av to read.
You might be having refractive errors such as Hyperopia or Astigmatism or a mix.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by PROCTOR: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
Good job you're doing dr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.