Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (193467 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TUNEX89(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
TUNEX89:
pls shed more light on this and do i go about it ? Thanks.
waiting for your response and pls if you don't mind can i get ur digit ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by heywhyho(f): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
jauntty:
You might be having refractive errors such as Hyperopia or Astigmatism or a mix.
, thanks , what am i to do?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
TUNEX89:
waiting for your response and pls if you don't mind can i get ur digit ?
2687F37F. 08169398883
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
heywhyho:
, thanks , what am i to do?
Do u also experience headache wen u read?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by heywhyho(f): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
jauntty:
Do u also experience headache wen u read?
yes
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
heywhyho:
yes
in dat case u need to see an eye doctor. U might need optical corrections.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by heywhyho(f): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
jauntty:
in dat case u need to see an eye doctor. U might need optical corrections.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
jauntty:
Hi Diva...you seem to be having decrease peripheral vision. If that's the case then it could be an indication of something more serious. Send me a mail so that I can ask u a couple of questions and help u better..... brainyjaunty@gmail.com
dr dnt u tink it cld b a retinal detachment @ d temporal syd of dat eye?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ayo081(m): 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
evening doctor in the house, i have brown cornea which wasnt so when i was a kid. what can i use pls!
thanks in advance
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
optm:
dr dnt u tink it cld b a retinal detachment @ d temporal syd of dat eye?
That's a possibility. However Retinal detachment do come with flashes of light and smtx floaters. Also the age of the patient as well as family history is considered too.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
jauntty:
That's a possibility. However Retinal detachment do come with flashes of light and smtx floaters. Also the age of the patient as well as family history is considered too.
yes she wld hv to go for proper examination as such shld b taken urgently
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by iyaakanran: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
Drsteroids and jaunty pls help o
i don't know why i av pink eyes this days, and it comes with pain and headache and also moves from one eye to another. I have gone to 2 different eye clinic,did necessary test and was told nothing is wrong with my eyes.pls what could be the cause of this.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Abuskhey(m): 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
please sir, my eyes @times aches what can i take as drugs? smileyplease sir, my eyes @times aches what can i take as drugs?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TUNEX89(m): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
jauntty:
2687F37F. 08169398883
ur email address. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
iyaakanran:
i don't know why i av pink eyes this days, and it comes with pain and headache and also moves from one eye to another. I have gone to 2 different eye clinic,did necessary test and was told nothing is wrong with my eyes.pls what could be the cause of this.
pink eye also known as conjuctivities re of different types a proper case history nd physical examination may b needeed to knw d exact type nd d course of action to b taken. Though sm may b self limitin i.e they resolve on their own. Probably u may hv patronized quacks. Probably dr steroid nd jaunty wld b in a better position to suggest d right place for u
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by iyaakanran: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks at optm
The last one i visited asked me to read some letters which i did and later told me that the pressure in my eyes can be overlooked and later gave me gentamicin and one other eye drop which i don't know it name.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by iyaakanran: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks @ optm
The last one i visited asked me to read some letters which i did and later told me that the pressure in my eyes can be overlooked and later gave me gentamicin and one other eye drop which i don't know it name.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
iyaakanran:
Thanks @ optm
pls which part of d head do u normally hv d headache? Nd d pain is it on both eyes?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by iyaakanran: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
The pain only stays on the affected eye and i feel the headache more around that particular side
optm:
pls which part of d head do u normally hv d headache? Nd d pain is it on both eyes?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by clemriches(m): 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
Plis my vision is usually blurred when watching tv what is the cause and what should I do to improve on it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
TUNEX89:
ur email address. Thanks
brainyjaunty@gmail.com
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
clemriches:
Plis my vision is usually blurred when watching tv what is the cause and what should I do to improve on it?
In the absence of any eye disease, its Likely that U are short sighted or Astigmatic. You might require optical corrections.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
iyaakanran:
Like Optom said, pink eye have different types n causes. Some r painless while others painful. If u stay in Lagos, I can suggest some gud eye clinics. Is the pink eye associated with Discharge ?? Or Tearing ?? Or Sensitivity to light ??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by clemriches(m): 11:45am On Oct 19, 2014
jauntty:
In the absence of any eye disease, its Likely that U are short sighted or Astigmatic. You might require optical corrections.
I could see clearly both near and Far. But I only noticed my vision not vry clear when watching tv from a far!
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
clemriches:

I could see clearly both near and Far. But I only noticed my vision not vry clear when watching tv from a far!
Seeing clearly is Relative. Until u r tested using baseline standards and distance u can't be too sure.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by iyaakanran: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
Its only Sensitivity to light
jauntty:
Like Optom said, pink eye have different types n causes. Some r painless while others painful. If u stay in Lagos, I can suggest some gud eye clinics. Is the pink eye associated with Discharge ?? Or Tearing ?? Or Sensitivity to light ??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Johans(m): 11:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
Dear drsteroid and jauntty

I'm a 19 year old dude, early dis year, i started having eye floaters, it started from a single black/dark floater on my right eye, now i have few floaters on both eyes. This is both alarming and depressing considering my age (teenager.) Please what can be done about this? Thanks a lot.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:32am On Oct 20, 2014
Johans:

I'm a 19 year old dude, early dis year, i started having eye floaters, it started from a single black/dark floater on my right eye, now i have few floaters on both eyes. This is both alarming and depressing considering my age (teenager.) Please what can be done about this? Thanks a lot.
i tink havin floaters @ dis young age is somtin to b worried abt. Its better u urgently go for an eye examination as it cld b smtin serious

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2014
Johans:

Most floaters are age related and happens when the jelly vitreous starts to liquefy due to old age. For younger persons, it can be due to bleeding in the interior, Retinal / vitreous detachment, or flares from infections. So see your Eye doctor. If there is no serious underlying cause, then you might have to cope with them. So see ur doctor.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Johans(m): 11:53am On Oct 20, 2014
jauntty:
Most floaters are age related and happens when the jelly vitreous starts to liquefy due to old age. For younger persons, it can be due to bleeding in the interior, Retinal / vitreous detachment, or flares from infections. So see your Eye doctor. If there is no serious underlying cause, then you might have to cope with them. So see ur doctor.

Thanks. So there's no way the present floaters can be wiped out so i can have a floaters free vision? Am i to bear it for d rest of my life?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
Johans:

Thanks. So there's no way the present floaters can be wiped out so i can have a floaters free vision? Am i to bear it for d rest of my life?
The 1st and most important thing is to know the cause and stop further floaters. Your doctor may prescribe some drugs that will help but there is no guarantee of completely clearing the floater.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Johans(m): 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
jauntty:
The 1st and most important thing is to know the cause and stop further floaters. Your doctor may prescribe some drugs that will help but there is no guarantee of completely clearing the floater.

A thousand thanks. I'll see an oculist asap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.