Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194242 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Pweetydiva10: 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please I need help

I have boil on my upper eye lid(left eye) and a massive one on my lower eye lid (right eye). This has been there for more than 2months now. I've done the hot compress, taken antibiotics, eye drops and to no avail... Please I need help on what to do next

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by orma(f): 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
optm:
by tremor, is it the eye lid or the eyeball itself?

No tremor that affects my hands and voice...I sent an email tho from goodnews403@gmail.com
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
orma:

No tremor that affects my hands and voice...I sent an email tho from goodnews403@gmail.com
i didn't get any mail notification. Astigmatism cannot cause that. Please go see your GP.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
Pweetydiva10:
Please I need help

I have boil on my upper eye lid(left eye) and a massive one on my lower eye lid (right eye). This has been there for more than 2months now. I've done the hot compress, taken antibiotics, eye drops and to no avail... Please I need help on what to do next
is it a recurrent Phenomenon i. e comes and go? Any associated pain?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
optm:
the particles you are experiencing, is it seen on the cornea i.e can someone looking at you see these particles or it's just an experience you have like seeing things like strands or cobwebs in your field of view?
I see them on the cornea when I look at the mirror, they move when I blink, I believe they are the cause of the halos and starburst I see. I have removed large ones though., but tiny ones are still there.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by updatechange(m): 12:06am On Sep 30, 2020
Docs in the house...pls I want to know why my left eye always turn red whenever I smoke weed, and once in a blue moon it becomes watery but not itchy. Pls what can I do to stop this redness cos it can be very embarrassing especially when in a social or family gathering. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by updatechange(m): 12:11am On Sep 30, 2020
slimkhalifa:

Yh I know its not healthy issue... But it wasnt yellow b4 sha. Now it looks unhealthy

Maybe uve started smoking skunk...
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Pweetydiva10: 2:48am On Sep 30, 2020
This is the first time I'm having boil on my eyes this long... On a normal ,it wouldn't last more than 3days and the last time I had a boil is like 6yrs ago
optm:
is it a recurrent Phenomenon i. e comes and go? Any associated pain?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Akinola100:

I see them on the cornea when I look at the mirror, they move when I blink, I believe they are the cause of the halos and starburst I see. I have removed large ones though., but tiny ones are still there.
does your eye feel dry or peppery?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:01am On Sep 30, 2020
Pweetydiva10:
This is the first time I'm having boil on my eyes this long... On a normal ,it wouldn't last more than 3days and the last time I had a boil is like 6yrs ago
any associated pain?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Pweetydiva10: 6:25am On Sep 30, 2020
Yes I'm also feeling pain around there
Pweetydiva10:
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Pweetydiva10: 6:25am On Sep 30, 2020
Yes
optm:
any associated pain?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:39am On Sep 30, 2020
updatechange:
Docs in the house...pls I want to know why my left eye always turn red whenever I smoke weed, and once in a blue moon it becomes watery but not itchy. Pls what can I do to stop this redness cos it can be very embarrassing especially when in a social or family gathering. Thanks
if it occurs whenever you smoke weed, then u should know the cause

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Pweetydiva10:
Yes I'm also feeling pain around there
ok then, go to an eye clinic so they inspect it. There might be need to have it drained . Also some other conditions may be associated with recurrent stye (which i think it is) hence u may be asked to do certain tests.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 6:46am On Sep 30, 2020
optm:
does your eye feel dry or peppery?
No..
About 2017, I was using a kind of eye product called tiro in Yoruba, then after a while, I started seeing halos and glares, and ii had a little white vision, I didn't know what was happening, until I found out that it has already expired like two months back, then I stopped using it and within two days or so, everything was back to normal. So, around 2018, another kind of tiro was given to me by my close relative, the person said it improves vision, so I started using it from 2018 to 2020, until around June this year, I noticed the symptoms I had 3 years back, so I stopped, because I suspected it might have expired because it had no expiry date.
The symptoms were blurry right eye and seeing halos and starburst and light bulbs being too big when I view them. Although my right eye is gradually returning back to how it was before, like being equal with the left eye ( the left eye is sharper than the right, both eyes had the same sharpness before and my right eye is the dominant eye) but I still see this halos and starburst effect. Is it that that "Tiro" I used is the cause of this because these symptoms were similar to 2017 own.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:52am On Sep 30, 2020
Akinola100:

No..
About 2017, I was using a kind of eye product called tiro in Yoruba, then after a while, I started seeing halos and glares, and ii had a little white vision, I didn't know what was happening, until I found out that it has already expired like two months back, then I stopped using it and within two days or so, everything was back to normal. So, around 2018, another kind of tiro was given to me by my close relative, the person said it improves vision, so I started using it from 2018 to 2020, until around June this year, I noticed the symptoms I had 3 years back, so I stopped, because I suspected it might have expired because it had no expiry date.
The symptoms were blurry right eye and seeing halos and starburst and light bulbs being too big when I view them. Although my right eye is gradually returning back to how it was before, like being equal with the left eye ( the left eye is sharper than the right, both eyes had the same sharpness before and my right eye is the dominant eye) but I still see this halos and starburst effect. Is it that that "Tiro" I used is the cause of this because these symptoms were similar to 2017 own.
ok then, stop using the tiro for now and visit an eye clinic to have your eyes examined . There are some cases you have to examine in person and carry out necessary test to know what is wrong. You should make an appointment with your eye doc
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 7:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Johans:
Dear drsteroid and jauntty

I'm a 19 year old dude, early dis year, i started having eye floaters, it started from a single black/dark floater on my right eye, now i have few floaters on both eyes. This is both alarming and depressing considering my age (teenager.) Please what can be done about this? Thanks a lot.
How far Johans, are the floaters gone.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 7:14am On Sep 30, 2020
optm:
ok then, stop using the tiro for now and visit an eye clinic to have your eyes examined . There are some cases you have to examine in person and carry out necessary test to know what is wrong. You should make an appointment with your eye doc
I have even stopped using it as at June, but the problem is my parents won't let me go to an eye clinic
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Akinola100:

I have even stopped using it as at June, but the problem is my parents won't let me go to an eye clinic
what's their reason?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2020
optm:
what's their reason?
I just don't know.
They believe my eye is perfect, like I don't have any problem, I told them I don't see these halos and starburst, but they don't believe me.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2020
normally this is how I see light

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 7:46am On Sep 30, 2020
car headlights were like this before

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
Starburst effect

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
And this.. I don't see this before

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Akinola100:
And this..
I don't see this before
anything that can scatter light (in this case those strands) could cause you to experience these but may not be the only issue as knowing the root cause is very necessary. Wish your parents could see reasons with you to have u visit an eye clinic. Keep telling them
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 8:11am On Sep 30, 2020
optm:
anything that can scatter light (in this case those strands) could cause you to experience these but may not be the only issue as knowing the root cause is very necessary. Wish your parents could see reasons with you to have u visit an eye clinic. Keep telling them
Ok sir, I will keep telling them

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 30, 2020
updatechange:

Maybe uve started smoking skunk...
yh but ive stopped for a while sha
actually its weed , az or loud I take b4
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
optm:
And please can you tell me the best eye hospital or clinics in Lagos. And is yeast also good for the eyes?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
Akinola100:

And please can you tell me the best eye hospital or clinics in Lagos. And is yeast also good for the eyes?
there are various good clinics in lagos. You could check on google to find their ratings. I wouldn't want to promote any clinic on this thread. Yes yeast is a good source of vitamin A and it's good for eye health

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
optm:
there are various good clinics in lagos. You could check on google to find their ratings. I wouldn't want to promote any clinic on this thread. Yes yeast is a good source of vitamin A and it's good for eye health
What does omega-3-fatty acid do to the eye.
Thank you sir for answering my questions
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
Akinola100:

What does omega-3-fatty acid do to the eye.
Thank you sir for answering my questions
well, studies have shown omega 3 fatty acids as dietary intake or suppliments can be helpful in managing some eye health conditions like in managing dry eye or slowing progression in macular degeneration. I do not know the mechanism by which they bring about these effects but since they are essential for maintaining the integrity and functionality of retinal cell membranes, having them in good amounts should definitely be helpful

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.