Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194163 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Shytreasure(m): 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
Good evening doc. Please what's responsible for an itching eye? The moment it starts itching me, it will take a while before it stops; my left eye to be precise.

I had an accident in 2006 ( something hit my eyes, it was an eye drop that i applied then). I'm not sure if the itching is connected to the accident.

I must say that at times , mostly at night, closer objects would appear far away from me. Please help.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:51am On Mar 12, 2022
oluwaseun8:
Good evening doc, please kindly help me to interpret this test result below. I went for a test today because i was having watery eyes when i woke up in the morning and also i was feeling something like a stone or sand in one of my eyes. A test was carried out and the doc said she suspected a glaucoma in her examination and the IOP was 13mmHg/12mmHg also i was given some eye drops for the teary eyes, which i have attached below.
I can't find any pic
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:54am On Mar 12, 2022
Shytreasure:
Good evening doc. Please what's responsible for an itching eye? The moment it starts itching me, it will take a while before it stops; my left eye to be precise.

I had an accident in 2006 ( something hit my eyes, it was an eye drop that i applied then). I'm not sure if the itching is connected to the accident.

I must say that at times , mostly at night, closer objects would appear far away from me. Please help.
is there any growth in the white part of that eye ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oluwaseun8(m): 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
optm:
I can't find any pic

Hello doc, am having difficulty uploading the test result, can you please drop me ur email address ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
oluwaseun8:

Hello doc, am having difficulty uploading the test result, can you please drop me ur email address ?
send a pm then i ll reply
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Shytreasure(m): 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
optm:
is there any growth in the white part of that eye ?

No. However, part of it appears blood-stained!
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shytreasure:

No. However, part of it appears blood-stained!
if you could send a vivid pic, it could be helpful in answering your case
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Henryokey1(m): 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
Please I am shortsighted and currently use medicated eyeglass to see clearly. Is there supplements or drugs that I can be taking to improve my eyesight because I feel it’s getting worse as years goes by.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:05am On Mar 14, 2022
Henryokey1:
Please I am shortsighted and currently use medicated eyeglass to see clearly. Is there supplements or drugs that I can be taking to improve my eyesight because I feel it’s getting worse as years goes by.
well, in recent times, there are myopia control strategies available to slow down the progression of myopia. Visit an eye clinic and discuss it with your doctor
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oluwaseun8(m): 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
optm:
send a pm then i ll reply

Good evening doc, please kindly check ur email.

Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2022
oluwaseun8:

Good evening doc, please kindly check ur email.

Thanks
i have replied your email
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oluwaseun8(m): 8:56am On Mar 15, 2022
optm:
i have replied your email

Good morning Doc, i havent received your mail, just resent another mail to you now.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2022
oluwaseun8:

Good morning Doc, i havent received your mail, just resent another mail to you now.
i have replied and re-sent the previous email . Hope you got it now?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Topshow4real: 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
optm:
dtz d treatment plan i use too in such cases ...short course steroid nd an antihistamine/mast cell stabilizer . Glad u re fyn nw

Please, is there any cure for terrible vision loss due to diabetes? We've been to different eyes clinic for treatment including laser surgery yet my mom's vision keep getting worse. She's just 49 embarassed
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
Topshow4real:

Please, is there any cure for terrible vision loss due to diabetes? We've been to different eyes clinic for treatment including laser surgery yet my mom's vision keep getting worse. She's just 49 embarassed
oh dear i feel sorry your mum is having to deal with this. Ocular complications of diabetes can be terrible , expensive and difficult to manage sometimes. Different approach and treatment is required depending on the cause of the vision loss. for instance , managing vision loss as a result of a diabetic macula edema would be different from managing vision loss from a retinal detachment as a result of an aftermath of retinal neovascularization or vision loss from cataracts as a result of the diabetes etc. It's going to be quite a journey with her doctors else , she risks blindness .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Topshow4real: 11:25am On Mar 20, 2022
optm:
oh dear i feel sorry your mum is having to deal with this. Ocular complications of diabetes can be terrible , expensive and difficult to manage sometimes. Different approach and treatment is required depending on the cause of the vision loss. for instance , managing vision loss as a result of a diabetic macula edema would be different from managing vision loss from a retinal detachment as a result of an aftermath of retinal neovascularization or vision loss from cataracts as a result of the diabetes etc. It's going to be quite a journey with her doctors else , she risks blindness .

Despite money spent, her left eye is completely blind. Now, the right one she's managing is getting worse by the day. We are thinking of visiting the eye clinic in Kaduna you mentioned in one of your post on this thread. Do you think with their equipment, they will be able to help her condition? Kaduna is far from ogun where we live
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2022
Topshow4real:

Despite money spent, her left eye is completely blind. Now, the right one she's managing is getting worse by the day. We are thinking of visiting the eye clinic in Kaduna you mentioned in one of your post on this thread. Do you think with their equipment, they will be able to help her condition? Kaduna is far from ogun where we live
i think Eye Foundation in ikeja would be closer to you.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Kvngfrosh(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good evening doctor.
I was diagnosed with myopia six months ago and I was given an eye glass with the prescription of 2.0 at my left eye and 1.5 at my right eye.
However, my eye sight has gotten worse ever since when I started spending longer hours coding on my laptop (about 8-10 hours) and I feel a slight pain in my eye balls.
How can I stop my eye sight from getting worse than it already is ?
cry
optm:
i have replied and re-sent the previous email . Hope you got it now?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
Good evening doctor.
I was diagnosed with myopia six months ago and I was given an eye glass with the prescription of 2.0 at my left eye and 1.5 at my right eye.
However, my eye sight has gotten worse ever since when I started spending longer hours coding on my laptop (about 8-10 hours) and I feel a slight pain in my eye balls.
How can I stop my eye sight from getting worse than it already is ?
cry
there are myopia control options to slow down the progression of myopia. Discuss with your Dr to find one suitable for you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by JGirl20(f): 5:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
optm:
i really can't tell what might be the cause of the swelling but i ll suggest you have it looked at . Visit an eye clinic to have it examined

Thank you so much sir

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TruthTella(m): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
optm:
there are myopia control options to slow down the progression of myopia. Discuss with your Dr to find one suitable for you

Doctor please tell me some myopia control measures.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
TruthTella:

there are special contact lenses, glasses as well as use of a type of eye drop [don't ask me the name of the eye drop o cos the formulation isn't sold in the drug store. it's not a straight forward thing ] meet with your doc for further explanations

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 11:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
TruthTella:

there are special contact lenses, glasses as well as use of a type of eye drop [don't ask me the name of the eye drop o cos the formulation isn't sold in the drug store. it's not a straight forward thing ] meet with your doc for further explanations

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TruthTella(m): 6:13am On Apr 11, 2022
optm:

Thanks
Is there any long term effect to using that myopia control eyedrop?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:50am On Apr 11, 2022
TruthTella:

Thanks
Is there any long term effect to using that myopia control eyedrop?
it's relatively safe, it's a weak concentration but then, it's a drug still and anything could happen.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:52am On Apr 11, 2022
optm:
it's relatively safe, it's a weak concentration but then, it's a drug still and anything could happen.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Towma(f): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2022
optm:

Good day doctor. What causes eyes to get swollen after bending head down in prostration? The swelling isn't painful. It just gets swollen after the person bends their head to the ground when observing Muslim prayers then the swelling reduces overtime, gradually. It returns again when the person bends their head.
Thank you.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 11:47am On Apr 13, 2022
Towma:

Good day doctor. What causes eyes to get swollen after bending head down in prostration? The swelling isn't painful. It just gets swollen after the person bends their head to the ground when observing Muslim prayers then the swelling reduces overtime, gradually. It returns again when the person bends their head.
Thank you.
how old is this person ? Does the person experience swelling elsewhere? Any known systemic health condition ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Towma(f): 11:49am On Apr 13, 2022
optm:
how old is this person ? Does the person experience swelling elsewhere? Any known systemic health condition ?

She is 37, no swelling elsewhere and no other systemic condition. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
Towma:

She is 37, no swelling elsewhere and no other systemic condition. Thanks
i really cannot tell why but i strongly advise she visits a clinic to have it looked at
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Towma(f): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2022
optm:
i really cannot tell why but i strongly advise she visits a clinic to have it looked at

Do you know any conditions that can cause such a thing?
Thank yoi
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
Towma:

Do you know any conditions that can cause such a thing?
Thank yoi
it could be you are not presenting the picture properly. Hence meeting the person first hand and knowing appropriate questions to ask is necessary

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.