Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194300 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by morningsta(m): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Cataracts is not usually heredity. I would like to know if she is diabetic cus that also result in blur vision. Although blur vision from diabetes tends to change depending on the level of d blood sugar

Yes, she is diabetic as well. So lowering the level of her blood sugar can possibly take care of the blurred vision?
Thanks for your help. I have gained a lot of enlightenment here.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
marvelling:

Yes. But, tearing mostly occurs early in the morning or whenever I wake up from sleep.
Its likely not dry eye. See an eye doctor. For now you can start off with an antibiotic ointment such as Aristobet-N ointment evry night, as long as u don't have any history of eye pressure.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 1:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
morningsta:

Yes, she is diabetic as well. So lowering the level of her blood sugar can possibly take care of the blurred vision?
It will help reduce the burry vision. Her blood sugar needs to stabilize.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tmtech: 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hi Doc,
Pls when ever I yawn I shed tears, and when I take bike, particles enter my eyes quite easily..... I av a tinubu kind of eyes though... Any recommendation?... I need that involuntary tears to stop
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marvelling(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Its likely not dry eye. See an eye doctor. For now you can start off with an antibiotic ointment such as Aristobet-N ointment evry night, as long as u don't have any history of eye pressure.

Ok thanks. Pls can you recommend a good (and affordable) place where I can go for eye check up in lagos mainland. It actually the high cost that has discourage me from seeing an eye doctor.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by picasso4u(m): 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
greetnz doc, I have many questions but 1st, let me describe my eyes. I am 17 yes and has been using glasses since 2010. I am myopic and uses lens of either + or -5.5 (can't actually remember d sign). the lens is no longer serving me well, either it has depreciated in value or my eyes is getting worse. went 4 eye test and they prescribed either + or - 7. don't know if that is 2 much 4 my age.
secondly, is there any hope of my eyes getting better.
thirdly, what medical advice can u give me especially to avoid future blindness.
I am also a phone and laptop Frick...always with my phone
finally, is there any adverse effect of always and constantly wearing glasses.
tnx in advance as I anticipate u professional advice.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Lemon1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
Doc i have somtin like a grain of sand in my left eye, a little black dot.... It moves when i focus on something ......and gradually move off ...i have been having itchy eyes ....but 3weeks ago i started noticing this....i think its a grain of sand and i have rinsed my eye serveral tyms with water but it is still there, i have used a mirror to look for it but i cant find it ...pls what do i do?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by chrisandy100(m): 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hi Doctor,

First of all, i'm myopic (Short sighted). Been wearing glasses for long now, but recently, every time I wear my glasses for a couple of hours, I begin to have serious migraine.

What can I do about it? And also what can I take to enhance my vision?

Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed
what about dry eyes any remedy for if??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Rooneyboy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
Codedboy95:
no i only use warm water to press it, and it started itching me of recent sad

Apart from ur itch have u noticed any positive difference since u started using warm water on it ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by babestell(f): 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
Where can I get the lastest non invasive surgery to take out cataract in Nigeria.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Rooneyboy(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
marvelling:

Ok thanks. Pls can you recommend a good (and affordable) place where I can go for eye check up in lagos mainland. It actually the high cost that has discourage me from seeing an eye doctor.

Go to maxi-vision @ ikeja , mobolaji bank anthony way, very close to EKO hospital , they are VERY good , but I must warn, they are very expensive too.

They have many foreign doctors that KNOW what they are doing .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hello! There seem to be a little lump on my left lower eyelid... Sometimes I experience itching, I once met an optician who prescribed penicillin ointment for me. At the initial stage of application, the thing showed sign of healing, but somehow, a very little lump would still remain no matter how I apply the ointment.

And anytime to stopped applying it, it grows back and the itching starts, pls how can I stop this permanently?

Kind regards.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Codedboy95(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
Rooneyboy:

Apart from ur itch have u noticed any positive difference since u started using warm water on it ?
yes i think it's reducing smiley

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by heywhyho(f): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
in dat case u need to see an eye doctor. U might need optical corrections.
thanks , av seen d Dr, I was given a DS+0.50 lens , no more headache since then .

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ishilove: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed
Hi doc. I suffer from mild diplopia. What could be the cause?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by samqay1: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
@doctor, really need ur help even if i will pay 4 it. my own case is diff 2 all this ones so sir i need ur number or u flash me on mine 08069463236. pls sir i need u seriously.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by gungab(m): 1:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
please my eyes is too red for my liken, people Even doubt if am not taking smoke, tanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ddonolu: 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hi doc, I went for an eye test durin my reg and t says 6/18 for. both left n right eye, is there any problem? I also have serious eye ache coupled with headache sometimes, after _using my laptop, it gets wet n red sometmes wen I wake _up
, can I knw why my eyes does dat?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marvelling(m): 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
Rooneyboy:

Go to maxi-vision @ ikeja , mobolaji bank anthony way, very close to EKO hospital , they are VERY good , but I must warn, they are very expensive too.

They have many foreign doctors that KNOW what they are doing .

Mehn! I need somewhere affordable, not expensive
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
marvelling:

Our clinic ( First Eye Clinic ) has branches @ Ogba Ikeja, Apapa and Festec town. Since cost is relative I really don't know wat u consider as affordable.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
marvelling:

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
ddonolu:
Hi doc, I went for an eye test durin my reg and t says 6/18 for. both left n right eye, is there any problem? I also have serious eye ache coupled with headache sometimes, after _using my laptop, it gets wet n red sometmes wen I wake _up
, can I knw why my eyes does dat?
6/18 vision is poor. The baseline is 6/6. You need to get optical correction ASAP. The headache might suggest that astigmatism is also involved.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
samqay1:
@doctor, really need ur help even if i will pay 4 it. my own case is diff 2 all this ones so sir i need ur number or u flash me on mine 08069463236. pls sir i need u seriously.
Contact Dr steriod or check my contact @ my signature.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ddonolu: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
6/18 vision is poor. The baseline is 6/6. You need to get optical correction ASAP. The headache might suggest that astigmatism is also involved.
okay thnks, wat sort of optical correction shd I get?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Rooneyboy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
marvelling:

Ur eyes aren't cheap bro !

I flew all the way from the north just to run a comprehensive eyes checkup .

#Think about it, ur eye is one of the most vital organs u've got in ur body, there should be NO compromise .

3 Likes

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
@doctor, my eye is never white sad
What is the cause and how can i get to have that crystal white eyeballs smiley
Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ishilove:

Hi doc. I suffer from mild diplopia. What could be the cause?
Diplopia is double vision. Happens when the brain cannot fuse the 2 slightly different images from the 2 eyes. When did it start? Any history of injury ? How is ur vision @ near and far ? Do u have cross eyes?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hello. my eyes started twitching recently. What causes this and treatment pls.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
Jarus:
Drsteoids, I discovered I had eye issue in September 2011 when I went for an official training and couldn't read the content on the projector from the seat I sat, whereas my colleague that sat just beside me could read everything clearly. Earlier, I had noticed I don't get to read road direction messages until I get very close

I complained to my HR which gave me a letter through my HMO to see optician.

I was tested by optician and she asked why it took me so long to complain, that my eyes were bad.

I was given glasses. That's how I started using glasses. I use it only to drive, when in an event/class/programme that requires me to see long distance.

My question now is: my glasses does the job currently, do I still need to see an ophthalmologist for treatment? I have never seen an ophthalmologist. Never bothered about corrective treatment, since my glasses puts me in normal eyesight position.
sori an optician dosent examine d eye its either u visit d optometrist or d ophthalmologist these professionals are d ones dat can hlp u out wen u re havin an eye issue
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
marvelling:

Bros...I have seen people who delayed managing their eye problems come back to our clinic saying stuffs like " I don't care how much it will cost me but I just need my sight back". Think abt dat.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by mztubsy(f): 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Surgery can be done but not in Nigeria tho. Secondly how old is the person ? Visual training can be helpful for younger patients.
thank u doc,the person is 24yrs old.can I have an overview of what the cost of the surgery entails,the chances of undergoing this surgery without a damage being done during the caus

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.