Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (193859 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by okewumi: 8:11am On Apr 28, 2022
Good morning doctor. Pls l work in a village and there is no hospital around. It will take 3hours drive to get to city before l can see hospital and an optician.

I woke up three days ago and observed pain in my left eye. I applied water to the eye with the aim the pain or 'assumed' sand will come out. This morning, l observed a vertical line on white segment of my eye and it is red.

Please l need your advice. Thank you for your support to humanity
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:44pm On Apr 29, 2022
okewumi:
Good morning doctor. Pls l work in a village and there is no hospital around. It will take 3hours drive to get to city before l can see hospital and an optician.

I woke up three days ago and observed pain in my left eye. I applied water to the eye with the aim the pain or 'assumed' sand will come out. This morning, l observed a vertical line on white segment of my eye and it is red.

Please l need your advice. Thank you for your support to humanity
share a photo of it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drealzum(m): 12:55pm On May 04, 2022
Hello. Please is there any alternative drug to buy to manage glaucoma aside from Misopt? The drug is scarce.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by teeezy00: 2:04am On May 06, 2022
Hello Doctor, does a person require a doctor's prescription on the lense to get when picking a photochromic glass?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:03am On May 07, 2022
drealzum:
Hello. Please is there any alternative drug to buy to manage glaucoma aside from Misopt? The drug is scarce.
contact the Dr that's attending to you . Glaucoma isn't a thing you manage by just repeating the drug . Your Dr should evaluate from time to time for progression of the disease

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:04am On May 07, 2022
teeezy00:
Hello Doctor, does a person require a doctor's prescription on the lense to get when picking a photochromic glass?
you need to have your lens prescription
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sleektek01: 2:59pm On May 23, 2022
Hi Doctor

I have this eye issue that developed recently. If I widen my eyes, my vision will be blurred and I'd see double.

I've been to 4 clinics and they all said different things. From cataract, glaucoma, lazy eyes and stuff.

Please help
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sleektek01: 3:00pm On May 23, 2022
optm:
contact the Dr that's attending to you . Glaucoma isn't a thing you manage by just repeating the drug . Your Dr should evaluate from time to time for progression of the disease

Hi
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sleektek01: 3:00pm On May 23, 2022
optm:
you need to have your lens prescription

Hu
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:33pm On May 23, 2022
Sleektek01:

Hi
how can i be of help ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:38pm On May 23, 2022
Sleektek01:
Hi Doctor

I have this eye issue that developed recently. If I widen my eyes, my vision will be blurred and I'd see double.

I've been to 4 clinics and they all said different things. From cataract, glaucoma, lazy eyes and stuff.

Please help
how old are you? Does the double vision disappear if you close one eye? Is it constant or it comes with certain activities? Any associated nausea or
headaches? Does your eye feel dry or peppery?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oxygenator: 6:31pm On May 23, 2022
Topshow4real:

Despite money spent, her left eye is completely blind. Now, the right one she's managing is getting worse by the day. We are thinking of visiting the eye clinic in Kaduna you mentioned in one of your post on this thread. Do you think with their equipment, they will be able to help her condition? Kaduna is far from ogun where we live

Doing the same thing every time will give you the same result.

This may be a last resort. Search in google: hbot for diabetic retinopathy.
You will be happy you did.

We are HBOT PROVIDERS

Read this:
https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03376282
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oneble: 4:39pm On May 28, 2022
Good evening doctors in the house. Thanks for the good work...

I went to see the optician for check up but I am asked to carry out the following tests at the laboratory:

(1) OCT (2) CVF (3) Pachymetry

Please, what are they for? And how much will each cost me?

Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:18am On May 30, 2022
oneble:
Good evening doctors in the house. Thanks for the good work...

I went to see the optician for check up but I am asked to carry out the following tests at the laboratory:

(1) OCT (2) CVF (3) Pachymetry

Please, what are they for? And how much will each cost me?

Thanks
the Dr is likely investigating glaucoma. The cost vary OCT is between 35 to 45k , CVF btwn 5k to 10k , pachymetry btwn 5k to 10k in Lagos
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kaaya149: 1:43pm On May 31, 2022
This is really very nice and helpful. Thanks for sharing this.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sleektek01: 5:28pm On May 31, 2022
optm:
how old are you? Does the double vision disappear if you close one eye? Is it constant or it comes with certain activities? Any associated nausea or

21, no I have to act like closing my eyes to certain level before i can sew clearly and the double vision stops. I use to rub the eyes once in awhile
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2022
Sleektek01:

21, no I have to act like closing my eyes to certain level before i can sew clearly and the double vision stops. I use to rub the eyes once in awhile
please answer all questions sequentially
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sleektek01: 8:58pm On May 31, 2022
optm:

1. I'm 21
2. No the double vision does not disappear when I close one eye.
3. Its constant
4. No associated nausea or headaches
5. My eye does not feel dry or peppery.
6. I have to shrink my eyes to a certain extent for me to see clearly.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:19am On Jun 01, 2022
Sleektek01:

1. I'm 21
2. No the double vision does not disappear when I close one eye.
3. Its constant
4. No associated nausea or headaches
5. My eye does not feel dry or peppery.
6. I have to shrink my eyes to a certain extent for me to see clearly.
. First, you have to rule out for refractive error. You need to visit an eye clinic

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sleektek01: 10:34am On Jun 01, 2022
optm:
. First, you have to rule out for refractive error. You need to visit an eye clinic

I've done that. Infact I've gone to 3-4 different eye clinics. And they all said different things.
The last one i went to did various test and gave me eye drop and glasses.

Name of the eye drop bricoma and timolol maleate ophthalmic solution usp optafen.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sleektek01: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2022
optm:

Can I message you directly to show you the test results?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2022
Sleektek01:

Can I message you directly to show you the test results?
ok

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sleektek01: 11:01am On Jun 01, 2022
optm:
ok

I ve sent you an email
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oaopackaging(m): 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
Please view, like and subscribe to My YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC3KkSP_SYSWaVRy9Pjo9dog

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
Sleektek01:

I ve sent you an email
ok i ll check it out
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dreamxhaser: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
optm:
ok

Hello Doctor

I live with myopia, and I didn't even know it until recently. So I went for an eye test, and we tried several lenses until we got the right one.

I used it to read almost everything in the eye test chart, but the last one was tough. It's safe to say I failed the last one.

The doctor there just said that they were the right glasses for me. that that moment, I knew what I was missing all my life because everything was like HD, but I was a bit worried because I thought I was supposed to read everything, including the last alphabet with the lens.

I went today for another trail, and he said, for now, there isn't a lens for me, and I should not worry.

Do you think it isn't the right lens for me, or do you think I have another eye problem?

I am thinking of going to the general hospital this time.

I look forward to your reply. Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2022
dreamxhaser:

Hello Doctor

I live with myopia, and I didn't even know it until recently. So I went for an eye test, and we tried several lenses until we got the right one.

I used it to read almost everything in the eye test chart, but the last one was tough. It's safe to say I failed the last one.

The doctor there just said that they were the right glasses for me. that that moment, I knew what I was missing all my life because everything was like HD, but I was a bit worried because I thought I was supposed to read everything, including the last alphabet with the lens.

I went today for another trail, and he said, for now, there isn't a lens for me, and I should not worry.

Do you think it isn't the right lens for me, or do you think I have another eye problem?

I am thinking of going to the general hospital this time.

I look forward to your reply. Thanks.
in prescribing lenses, clarity as well as comfort is important . The doctor makes his decision based on your responses and his or her observations and i cannot tell if his judgements were wrong or right. If you do not trust his judgements, you should consider getting another test elsewhere . It isn't a must one sees everything on the visual acuity chart during examination
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by dreamxhaser: 7:15am On Jun 03, 2022
optm:
in prescribing lenses, clarity as well as comfort is important . The doctor makes his decision based on your responses and his or her observations and i cannot tell if his judgements were wrong or right. If you do not trust his judgements, you should consider getting another test elsewhere . It isn't a must one sees everything in the visual acuity chart during examination

Thank you doctor.

I have another question, I could only read the first later with my left eye and the second line with my right eye. Based on experience do you think I'm up to the -10ish myopia
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2022
dreamxhaser:

Thank you doctor.

I have another question, I could only read the first later with my left eye and the second line with my right eye. Based on experience do you think I'm up to the -10ish myopia
well, i cannot rule out its possibility but -10 is high ; but then, the doctor examining you is in a better position to decide what's best for you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by tuneryblue(m): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2022
optm:
sorry i didn't get to reply this. Hope you are good now?

Umm.. I will say am good.. just dat at night the street lights and bulbs has black patch when view with the left affected eye.
And when I look close at the left eye through the mirror, I saw a white dot on the cornea
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Acidbath: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
optm:

Hello. Can I make my enquiries off nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.