Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,793 members, 7,798,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (193403 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by rooftop(m): 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hello Doc. I have blurred vission which is worse with my left eyes. Little exposure to phone and laptop screen worsen the situation
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Abujaexpress: 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed
Even if sit close TV or written words, I hardly can see them clearly. I am seeing blurry
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2022
Acidbath:

Hello. Can I make my enquiries off nairaland?
you can send a dm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
tuneryblue:

Umm.. I will say am good.. just dat at night the street lights and bulbs has black patch when view with the left affected eye.
And when I look close at the left eye through the mirror, I saw a white dot on the cornea
try make out time to visit a clinic as soon as you can
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
rooftop:
Hello Doc. I have blurred vission which is worse with my left eyes. Little exposure to phone and laptop screen worsen the situation
possibly a refractive error . You'll likely be needing glasses . Do go for an eye exam
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
Abujaexpress:
Even if sit close TV or written words, I hardly can see them clearly. I am seeing blurry
you would need to visit an eye clinic ASAP
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Abujaexpress: 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2022
optm:
you would need to visit an eye clinic ASAP
Okay. I will do ASAP
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2022
Abujaexpress:
You need to get your eyes tested as soon as possible
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by VenumX: 9:37am On Jun 06, 2022
optm:
you can send a dm

Please check your email.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oneble: 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2022
optm:
the Dr is likely investigating glaucoma. The cost vary OCT is between 35 to 45k , CVF btwn 5k to 10k , pachymetry btwn 5k to 10k in Lagos
Thanks doctor
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
oneble:
Thanks doctor
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2022
VenumX:

Please check your email.
i have replied your email
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by shegxy9(m): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2022
please Doctor why am i having my eyelashes or eyelid moving on it own??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by FineboyKell(m): 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2022
@optm
Pls drop ur WhatsApp contact I want to chatt you up privately
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2022
FineboyKell:
@optm
Pls drop ur WhatsApp contact I want to chatt you up privately
i am sorry, i cannot give out my contact . Please use the dm option or post here ; I' ll always reply when i get to come across your post
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2022
shegxy9:
please Doctor why am i having my eyelashes or eyelid moving on it own??
eye lid twitching i presume?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TruthTella(m): 9:59am On Jun 18, 2022
optm:
i have replied your email

Good day doc, please this eye belongs to a friend, she complains that the eye always pains her during certain seasons like middle of the year, it started paining her again some days ago and she needs help.

Help her pls, thanks.

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:08am On Jun 18, 2022
TruthTella:

Good day doc, please this eye belongs to a friend, she complains that the eye always pains her during certain seasons like middle of the year, it started paining her again some days ago and she needs help.

Help her pls, thanks.
does it itch aswell?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TruthTella(m): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
No it doesn't , just pain
optm:
does it itch aswell?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Emmyjay007(m): 1:49pm On Jun 18, 2022
Good day Naralanders
Please help a fellow Naralander, I have been out of employment for over a year now and I have a 4 yr old asmatic son.
He has been admitted in LUTH now for over a week and I have run out of resources, I can't even afford his inhaler and other prescribed drugs let alone pay for his treatment..
I beg with all humility do sis. Anything at all Will be of help
Gtbank
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
TruthTella:
No it doesn't , just pain
i had to take a thorough look at the pic again. Is that a growth on the white part of the eye ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TruthTella(m): 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2022
optm:
i had to take a thorough look at the pic again. Is that a growth on the white part of the eye ?

Yes it's a growth doc. What do you think the growth is?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
TruthTella:

Yes it's a growth doc. What do you think the growth is?
it's not really clear on this end. It looks like a pterygium and that could be an explanation for why she's experiencing those pain from time to time . When the pterygium is inflammed , it could cause pain and irritation . Google pterygium and see if it resembles what's on the white part of the eye. The pic didn't really do justice to it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TruthTella(m): 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
Let me tell her to send another picture. Thanks doc.
optm:
it's not really clear on this end. It looks like a pterygium and that could be an explanation for why she's experiencing those pain from time to time . When the pterygium is inflammed , it could cause pain and irritation . Google pterygium and see if it resembles what's on the white part of the eye. The pic didn't really do justice to it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2022
TruthTella:
Let me tell her to send another picture. Thanks doc.
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Princefame1: 4:51am On Jul 01, 2022
optm:
uwlcm

Doc can you please recommend a standard hospital, private or public to visit in Abuja for eye issues. In recommending, I want you to know there might be need for surgery. Thanks for all you do.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
Princefame1:

Doc can you please recommend a standard hospital, private or public to visit in Abuja for eye issues. In recommending, I want you to know there might be need for surgery. Thanks for all you do.

please send a dm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TruthTella(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2022
optm:
please send a dm

Please help, this man, 65yrs, did cataract operation in his left eye and some months later, this opacity started to form in that eye, along with pain, what could be the cause?

He went back to the place where he did the surgery and they told him he only needs eyedrops, they gave him drumellose and nepafenac eye drop.

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
TruthTella:

Please help, this man, 65yrs, did cataract operation in his left eye and some months later, this opacity started to form in that eye, along with pain, what could be the cause?

He went back to the place where he did the surgery and they told him he only needs eyedrops, they gave him drumellose and nepafenac eye drop.
possibly damage to the corneal endothelia cells causing cornea swelling resulting in corneal opacification over time . A corneal transplant may be the last resort. Discuss with your surgeon on the way forward
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by TruthTella(m): 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
optm:
possibly damage to the corneal endothelia cells causing cornea swelling resulting in corneal opacification over time . A corneal transplant may be the last resort. Discuss with your surgeon on the way forward

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by mafolayomi(f): 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
Hello doctor. So my older brother was shot in his eyes and other parts of the body some weeks ago. He was initially at lasuth but we later moved him to reddington hospital where he is presently receiving treatment. We were told by the optamologist that they couldn't see lights atall from the both eyes. And that this means that his possibility of ever seeing again with the eyes is very slim. Please can you advise on what can be done for him to regain at least one of eyes back? Thank you so much sir.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:04am On Aug 02, 2022
mafolayomi:
Hello doctor. So my older brother was shot in his eyes and other parts of the body some weeks ago. He was initially at lasuth but we later moved him to reddington hospital where he is presently receiving treatment. We were told by the optamologist that they couldn't see lights atall from the both eyes. And that this means that his possibility of ever seeing again with the eyes is very slim. Please can you advise on what can be done for him to regain at least one of eyes back? Thank you so much sir.
i am really sorry about your brother's ordeal. His visual acuity as 'no light perception ' means your brother cannot perceive light . I am sorry, it's gonna be a miracle if you believe in one for your brother to see again. You guys should be strong for him and encourage him through this challenging time . I understand it is likewise a difficult situation for his family and loved ones but God's grace is sufficient if you believe in one . All the best and be strong

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.