Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 (1937 Views)

HP Probook 4320s Core !5 Laptop / Macbook Pro Core !5 And !7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Faraidi(m): 3:59am On Sep 14, 2014
hello folks, I want to know which one is better, intel core ¡5 or intel core ¡7?
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 14, 2014
corei7 is better
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Justiceotuya(m): 6:39am On Sep 14, 2014
Core i7 is better but core i5 is also powerful and would do what most core i7 does. It depends on what application you wish to run on the system.
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by lovinhubby2wife(m): 8:07am On Sep 14, 2014
Faraidi: hello folks, I want to know which one is better, intel core ¡5 or intel core ¡7?
core i7 blows core i5 out of the water. The core i7 processor as not reached its full potential yet, which might not happen in the next 2 years to come. Programmers are yet to get their heads around core i5's delivery power talkless of the i7 series.
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Justiceotuya(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2014
lovinhubby2wife: core i7 blows core i5 out of the water. The core i7 processor as not reached its full potential yet, which might not happen in the next 2 years to come. Programmers are yet to get their heads around core i5's delivery power talkless of the i7 series.
that's why i recommend the op buys a core i5 laptop instead of an expensive core i7 laptop. But if money is no problem then core i7 would be the better option
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by mapusu: 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
To checkout the prices and specifications of the Laptops, click here . Free home delivery + Pay on delivery
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Fulaman198(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
I have a core i7 desktop and a core i5 laptop/tablet 2 in 1. It really depends on the type of core i5 and core i7 processor you are talking about.

For example for desktop gaming processors like the core i5-4570k, it won't perform that much worse than a core i7-4770k. The human eye won't notice the difference at all. It really is irrelevant. Both are good, I'd go with a core i5 because they perform extremely well.
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Justiceotuya(m): 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Yeah core i7 is just core i5 + Intel hyperthreading.. But most applications on ground does not really use the hyperthreading. So it is wiser to buy the core i5

1 Like

Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Oxone(m): 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
Fulaman198: I have a core i7 desktop and a core i5 laptop/tablet 2 in 1. It really depends on the type of core i5 and core i7 processor you are talking about.

For example for desktop gaming processors like the core i5-4570k, it won't perform that much worse than a core i7-4770k. The human eye won't notice the difference at all. It really is irrelevant. Both are good, I'd go with a core i5 because they perform extremely well.

I still haven't been able to bring myself to game on a laptop or fone, there's usually a million & one things that distract me from that . I'll end up doing other things with the lappy. Infact watching a movie on a laptop usually takes more than d required amount of time cos I'll always pause to do one thing or the other unless it's one of those blockbusters. Just can't!
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Fulaman198(m): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
Oxone:

I still haven't been able to bring myself to game on a laptop or fone, there's usually a million & one things that distract me from that . I'll end up doing other things with the lappy. Infact watching a movie on a laptop usually takes more than d required amount of time cos I'll always pause to do one thing or the other unless it's one of those blockbusters. Just can't!

Gaming on a laptop is actually very possible if you buy a top of the line gaming specced laptop. Just buy a docking station with display adapter ports (HDMI, VGA, SVIDEO, etc.) and a docking port that has a ton of USB ports to plug in a keyboard, mouse, controller, etc. The monitor would be plugged into the HDMI port and presto you have a gaming machine without having to buy a bulky desktop. Though it's a bit pricey.
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Oxone(m): 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
Fulaman198:

Gaming on a laptop is actually very possible if you buy a top of the line gaming specced laptop. Just buy a docking station with display adapter ports (HDMI, VGA, SVIDEO, etc.) and a docking port that has a ton of USB ports to plug in a keyboard, mouse, controller, etc. The monitor would be plugged into the HDMI port and presto you have a gaming machine without having to buy a bulky desktop. Though it's a bit pricey.

You don't get, so long as it's not a dedicated console for gaming, a high end laptop like that would always have its distractions. I'll probably end up pushing it to see how far intensive apps can go on it but I'll never end up gaming with it. Haven't been able to no matter how high end d laptop/desktop is
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Fulaman198(m): 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Oxone:

You don't get, so long as it's not a dedicated console for gaming, a high end laptop like that would always have its distractions. I'll probably end up pushing it to see how far intensive apps can go on it but I'll never end up gaming with it. Haven't been able to no matter how high end d laptop/desktop is

I'm not too sure I understand your statement. There are high-end gaming laptops out there with dual dedicated graphics card running in either crossfire mode or SLI. There are laptops out there with powerful quad-core i7-4700 and better.
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by cupid4ig(m): 11:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Oxone:

am in the same boat with u. Remember when I installed pes 13 and fifa on my laptop but never played it once. I ended up uninstalling them. Gaming on laptop and phone is no no for me. The only games I can play on my phone are games like temple run or snooker. And that is only when am travelling. Even my note 10.1 is free of games. I have ps though and that's where I do all my gaming
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by cupid4ig(m): 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fulaman198:

I'm not too sure I understand your statement. There are high-end gaming laptops out there with dual dedicated graphics card running in either crossfire mode or SLI. There are laptops out there with powerful quad-core i7-4700 and better.
is not about the laptop it's just that he can't play no matter how high-end the lappy is
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Fulaman198(m): 2:10am On Sep 16, 2014
cupid4ig: is not about the laptop it's just that he can't play no matter how high-end the lappy is

That's interesting what exactly does he do that can not be ran on a laptop of those high specs?
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by BuhBye: 7:52am On Sep 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's interesting what exactly does he do that can not be ran on a laptop of those high specs?
Jesus Christ, Read his post again.
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Fulaman198(m): 8:35am On Sep 16, 2014
BuhBye:

You read it, he said intensive apps. What intensive apps can't run on something with the power I mentioned. Games are by far the most intensive kind of applications
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Oxone(m): 9:06am On Sep 16, 2014
BuhBye:

Fulaman198:

You read it, he said intensive apps. What intensive apps can't run on something with the power I mentioned. Games are by far the most intensive kind of applications

Lol u guys should chill abeg. Like BuhBye rightly said, I meant everything other than games. For me, there's just something fundamentally wrong with playing games on a device that could do so much more especially if there's an Internet connection.

Call me nuts but I get distracted after the first few mins and then I'll face other things. Mind you, I spend the better part of my day in front of my laptop but movies and games will be the last things that'll keep me there. I have a dedicated console (ps3) for that which sometimes sits there for month without use but I can't imagine not being on my laptop every other day. Probably why watching movies on my laptop takes longer than necessary as I'll always pause them to do something else.
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by damiosy(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
The difference is clear as daylight i5 3 cores, i7 8cores wait till you are running a high processor consuming program,you will be sorry you didn't get an i7 but not just any i7 oh do your research online before buying
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by Fulaman198(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
damiosy: The difference is clear as daylight i5 3 cores, i7 8cores wait till you are running a high processor consuming program,you will be sorry you didn't get an i7 but not just any i7 oh do your research online before buying

Huh?

No just no there are quad core i5s and most i7 configurations are quad core. Compare the Intel core i5-4670k to an Intel core i7-4770k and you will find hardly any difference except price point.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4670K
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by damiosy(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

Huh?

No just no there are quad core i5s and most i7 configurations are quad core. Compare the Intel core i5-4670k to an Intel core i7-4770k and you will find hardly any difference except price point.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4670K

Don't get me wrong he said intel core i5 not quad core i5 I do understand the difference and your shared link also point to what I said

Do not mistake the i5 for i5 there is a difference in cores that's why its called quad core cuz their is also dual core

the difference between i5 (Dual Core) and the i5
(Quad Core) is that the Dual Cores have a integrated GPU clocked at about 733MHz, however the Quad Cores are extremely fast and the i5-760 can even outrun some of the i7s! also the dual cores have half the L3 Cache as the Quads. Unless u really do not want to buy a GPU i would go for a i5 Quad core as the i5-750 is more expensive than the cheapest Dual
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by martineverest(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2014
I5 hav dual core with hyperthreading(HTT) or quad core with no HTT and has 3mb cache.while i7 hav 4 cores with HTT and 6 -8 mb of cache...cache is d main differnce
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by martineverest(m): 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
A frequent user of solidworks,auto cad,inventor,catia and other engineering design software should go for super i7 found in workstation

1 Like

Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by martineverest(m): 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
damiosy: The difference is clear as daylight i5 3 cores, i7 8cores wait till you are running a high processor consuming program,you will be sorry you didn't get an i7 but not just any i7 oh do your research online before buying
most i5 are 2core and i7 are 4 to 6 cores

2 Likes

Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by tundeayo2020: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2014
what are you saying? 3 cores ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by damiosy(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2014
tundeayo2020: what are you saying? 3 cores ?

Some are 3 cores some others 4
That's why they is a core i5 duo and core i5 quad core
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by tundeayo2020: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
damiosy:

Some are 3 cores some others 4
That's why they is a core i5 duo and core i5 quad core
this is the first time am getting to know an i5 processor with 3 cores.

Would you mind showing me an example of a core i5 system with 3 cores?

1 Like

Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by damiosy(m): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
tundeayo2020: this is the first time am getting to know an i5 processor with 3 cores.

Would you mind showing me an example of a core i5 system with 3 cores?

There are some but they are not common can't remember the particular model of Elitebook that has it
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by tundeayo2020: 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
damiosy:

There are some but they are not common can't remember the particular model of Elitebook that has it
okay, I guess one as to learn something new everyday.
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by damiosy(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
tundeayo2020: okay, I guess one as to learn something new everyday.

Yes bro I learn too everyday
Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by martineverest(m): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
damiosy:

Yes bro I learn too everyday
did u invent i5 with 3 cores,pls name the processor,the code nd the generation...haba,pls do ur research well

1 Like

Re: Intel Core ¡5 & ¡7 by damiosy(m): 10:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
martineverest: did u invent i5 with 3 cores,pls name the processor,the code nd the generation...haba,pls do ur research well

Nigga shut the hell up and do the research yourself since you know so much, why bother my life about your clear lack of knowledge, If the manufacturers (Intel) produced an i5 with 2 cores(dual core) that has hyperthreading technology so it would show as four cores. what stops them from creating 3 cores,if you want knowledge all you need is ask,you clearly don't understand what the technical terms mean consult your dictionary or ask questions

(1) (2) (Reply)

Laptop For Sale At Giveaway Price Corei3 6gb Ram.. . / How To Put Dvd Movies On Ipod, Ipod Touch, Ipod Nano, Iphone(windows/mac) / How To Use Mtn Bis On Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.