Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing (42039 Views)

From Dss Headquarter: Nnamdi Kanu Goes On Hunger Strike Refuse To Sign Document / British Soldiers Visit Nigeria Defence Headquarter (PHOTOS) / Confusion In Police Headquarter Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by ElPhenomenal(m): 8:54am On Sep 14, 2014
The Nigerian Army has confirmed the report by
Abusidiqu that the only fighter jet used in the
successful battle against the Boko Haram sect in
Konduga on Friday has gone missing.
The report dated Saturday, September 13 stated how the Airforce Alpha jet which was on its way back to Yola after successfully carrying out it assignment against the Boko Haram insurgents when it went out of radar.

In an unsigned statement on the website of the
Defence Headquarters, the army confirmed the
report of the missing jet.
The statement reads:
“An Alpha Jet (NAF 466) belonging to the Nigerian Air
Force is missing around Adamawa State. The aircraft,
with two pilots onboard, left Yola at about 10:45am
on 12 September 2014 on a routine operational
mission and was expected back by 12:00 noon. Since
then all efforts to establish contact with the aircraft
have not yielded any positive result. Meanwhile,
search and rescue effort is ongoing to establish
contact with the crew.”

“In view of the foregoing, you are please requested to
disseminate this information through your news
medium for the awareness of the general public.”
“Thank you for your usual cooperation.

defenceinfo.mil.ng/missing-nigerian-air-force-plane/

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Adindupeter: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2014
I don't want to imagine what will happen if it falls into the hands of bokoharam.

6 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Moblord(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2014
Hmmm i fear o
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by ruffp: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2014
I'm thinking......it was probably the jet that 'hovered' over synagogue

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by ElPhenomenal(m): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2014
Maybe it has landed into boko headquaters
...Hahaha I made frontpage nisha

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by stevolinkon40: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
Lai shey biro

14 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by martyns303(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
A MILITARY jet is one of the most sophisticated aircrafts, how can it just vanish from radar without a clue as to where it is or it's last known coordinate or position? It wasn't making a flight over the Atlantic or over another country's airspace. And to think it's the only of it's kind the military has got. We are finished in this country, that jet better not fall on the wrong hands. This is the only country where things of such monumental magnitude as warships, jet, vessels, and billions of dollars just go missing. We will wake up one morning and find out that Nigeria is missing.

226 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by BRAV0O(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
E don happen...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by T4taiwo(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
How possible is that,an airforce jet was declare missing,nigeria never cease to amaze me.

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Zammydagreat(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Samiceman: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
These guys never fail to arm boko haram....I hope its not what am thinking sha cos GEJ go hear am. Its good sef, make them bomb Aso Villa so that slowpoke go knw wetin we dey suffer for 9ja

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by TheyVid(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
Missing ship I understand
Missing passenger plane I understand
Missing fund I understand
Missing persons' I understand

But when the "only fighter jet used in the
successful battle against the Boko Haram sect"
gets missing, I do not understand cry

Military for that matter...

What's their excuse this time? gone with the wind I guess...

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Bazinga(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
ElPhenomenal: The Nigerian Army has confirmed the report by
Abusidiqu that the only fighter jet used in the
successful battle against the Boko Haram sect in
Konduga on Friday has gone missing.
The report dated Saturday, September 13 stated how the Airforce Alpha jet which was on its way back to Yola after successfully carrying out it assignment against the Boko Haram insurgents when it went out of radar.
In an unsigned statement on the website of the
Defence Headquarters, the army confirmed the
report of the missing jet.
The statement reads:
“An Alpha Jet (NAF 466) belonging to the Nigerian Air
Force is missing around Adamawa State. The aircraft,
with two pilots onboard, left Yola at about 10:45am
on 12 September 2014 on a routine operational
mission and was expected back by 12:00 noon. Since
then all efforts to establish contact with the aircraft
have not yielded any positive result. Meanwhile,
search and rescue effort is ongoing to establish
contact with the crew.”
“In view of the foregoing, you are please requested to
disseminate this information through your news
medium for the awareness of the general public.”
“Thank you for your usual cooperation.
defenceinfo.mil.ng/missing-nigerian-air-force-plane/

The boko haram sympathisers in the Nigerian Army and nigerian airforce are responsible................

But actually that's non of my business cos the nigerian army don't want this boko haram menace to end, they frustrate their own efforts by themselves intentionally.

40 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by kaka22(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
When the plane no be pin... You better find it quickly because if boko haram members lay their hands on the jet, it will be disastrous...

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by sexyboocalher(f): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hmmmmmm.....
May God help us in dis country!

On a lighter note....FPT **kneels down and starts 2 sing praises**
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Nihilist: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
How does a whole plane go 'missing'?

It's not like it's a set of keys, is it?

18 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Akinsete19(m): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
Bokoharam has seized it incuding the people inside.........#bring back our girls# has gone now it's #bring back our jet#

6 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by korel9: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
This one is worster than #bringbackourgirls

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by omenka(m): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
Now where is that asphalt head TANoid that said the news was a Boko Haram propaganda??!!!
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by merit12(f): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Thank you powerbank

Everywere I go
I comment

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by rattlesnake(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
How....anyway America will know because it is their lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by satowind(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ok we don hear
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by lilyafaten: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
I don't want bad news again....God help our country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by hardywaltz(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Na Wa for this country shaaa...
Hope they won't blame APC or Sahara reporters for this...

I know tomorrow we shall read somewhere that Boko Haram now has a jet fighter...

18 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by IDOHOU: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
So they have given it out to boko Haram again. Usual cooperation as usual

10 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Segadem(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
I smell something fishy.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Ksslib(m): 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
How Alpha jet go loss?

They Beta find am oo! To avoid gamma disaster.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Nigeria was once a Country.

6 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by dridowu: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
If a whole ship can be missing from Nigeria waterways then Aircraft can also be missing. It is just a pity that the aircraft may be with the wrong hand.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by instinctx: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
undecidedU just wrote politics and that's what it is story upon stories well we will keep listening sha,what else can we do
Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Bad news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing by siino(m): 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Just hope dat BH men neva rent am for reinforcement to attack again? lipsrsealed

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benedict Johnson Canvasses Support For Tinubu Presidency In Igbo / Governor Ayade Gifts Toyota Land Cruiser SUVs To Reps Who Decamped To APC / Lekki Floods: Babatunde Adejare Visits Lekki Area After Hours Of Rainfall. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.