Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:04 PM

Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) (4072 Views)

My Dog Is Going Blind :'( / Neopolitan Mastiff Puppies price reduced / Help Me With Breed Of My Dog.(pics Included). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Brought the dog home 2 weeks ago (4 months old)
she immediately got acquainted with the environment.
Feeding her with mixture of dog dry food and locally made food (grinded maize, fish meal & g/nut).

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
made another food her (roasted soya, dry fish, maize; ratio: 1:2;4)
but refuses to eat except the dry food and my leftover meal

P.S a friend told me soya is not good in the food, ve not confirmed that yet.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by chucky234(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
Post clearer pics of the pup
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
chucky234: Post clearer pics of the pup

the puppy is so troublesome, don't stayed for me to take a clearer pix.

see this

Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by Seun(m): 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Pls don't mix the dry food with low quality food. Dry food is meant to be a complete and balanced diet which is also very cheap already. When a puppy is growing its crucial to give the dog a very balanced and complete diet so the dog will grow perfectly to reach its fullest potential.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 6:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
Seun: Pls don't mix the dry food with low quality food. Dry food is meant to be a complete and balanced diet which is also very cheap already. When a puppy is growing its crucial to give the dog a very balanced and complete diet so the dog will grow perfectly to reach its fullest potential.

ok noted.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by chucky234(m): 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
daik:

the puppy is so troublesome, don't stayed for me to take a clearer pix.

see this
Cute pup, that kennel lack ventillation.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 9:33am On Sep 15, 2014
chucky234: Cute pup, that kennel lack ventillation.

I don't put her in that kennel, but inside the security house.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by chucky234(m): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2014
daik:

I don't put her in that kennel, but inside the security house.

Security house? What happen to your house? I hate keeping my dogs far from me, they live inside my house.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2014
Seun: Pls don't mix the dry food with low quality food. Dry food is meant to be a complete and balanced diet which is also very cheap already. When a puppy is growing its crucial to give the dog a very balanced and complete diet so the dog will grow perfectly to reach its fullest potential.

the dog refuses to eat the dry food this morning, just left it for her and left for work.

pix this morning

Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2014
chucky234: Security house? What happen to your house? I hate keeping my dogs far from me, they live inside my house.

the security is by the gate (very close to the house)and the compound is built on a plot of land.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by arcbay(m): 10:39am On Sep 15, 2014
Please check your pup's health...i'll advice you see his doctor, needs to be placed on antibiotics...The eye discharge could only mean one thing...probably a bacterial infection or the likes
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2014
arcbay: Please check your pup's health...i'll advice you see his doctor, needs to be placed on antibiotics...The eye discharge could only mean one thing...probably a bacterial infection or the likes

thanks, suspecting that too.
I thought eye discharge is normal in dogs?
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by Seun(m): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2014
daik: I thought eye discharge is normal in dogs?
Not unless there's a problem with the eye. The first time my dog got eye discharge was when he wounded his right eyelid and it got swollen.

daik:
the dog refuses to eat the dry food this morning, just left it for her and left for work.
pix this morning
It's ok to mix the dry food with high quality foods like fish, meat, liver & chicken if the dog won't eat it otherwise, but no pepper and maize pls!
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by Denn(m): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
Maize is not intended for dog consumption.

Try waste noodles or rice as the filler.

I mix waste noodles, dry meat, fish meal and soy fat.

I add a little veg oil during cooking.

Raw meat comes in as a treat once a week.

No onions, maize, pepper, cooked bones or spiky fish bones.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by Seun(m): 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
Denn: Maize is not intended for dog consumption.
Try waste noodles or rice as the filler.
I mix waste noodles, dry meat, fish meal and soy fat.
I add a little veg oil during cooking.
Raw meat comes in as a treat once a week.
No onions, maize, pepper, cooked bones or spiky fish bones.
Dry food already contains a lot of filler because it's the cheapest form of dog food. Do not add extra filler in form of noodles or rice to it. Do not add low quality ingredients to dry food. Dry food is not meat or fish that you can add cheap carbohydrates like rice and maize and noodles to. It already contains all the cheap carbohydrates that a dog can tolerate and that's part of what makes dry food more affordable than wet food. If you add fillers to dry food which already contains fillers, then your dog will be eating low quality rubbish. And this is bad for puppies because it means they will not reach their full potential. The only reason to mix dry food is to make it more palatable, so pls mix it with quality meats only.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by Denn(m): 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Seun:
Dry food already contains a lot of filler because it's the cheapest form of dog food. Do not add extra filler in form of noodles or rice to it. Do not add low quality ingredients to dry food. Dry food is not meat or fish that you can add cheap carbohydrates like rice and maize and noodles to. It already contains all the cheap carbohydrates that a dog can tolerate and that's part of what makes dry food more affordable than wet food. If you add fillers to dry food which already contains fillers, then your dog will be eating low quality rubbish. And this is bad for puppies because it means they will not reach their full potential. The only reason to mix dry food is to make it more palatable, so pls mix it with quality meats only.

I meant preparing the meal 100% from scratch.

No dry food included.

Kibble produces more waste IMHO so I try to mix based on my requirements.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by Ishilove: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
Seun:
My Innocent grew up on a diet of eba, yam and rice, and he was still the neighbourhood champion. No time for all these
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 8:50am On Sep 16, 2014
pix of the dog this morning, (so playful)
still not eating the dry food well and don't want her to get use to chicken only, (no source for regular supply)
left her with 500g of the dry food, hoping to finished it like she did yesterday before I came back from work

Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by feedthenation(m): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2014
You can give your beautiful dog cow leg bones pieces which you can get from most abattoirs.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 10:20am On Sep 17, 2014
My dog is not eating the dry food like before. ate half of what I left for her yesterday.
I was forced to give her chicken parts this morning, but still playful as usual.
need to visit vet doctor by weekend.
Am suspecting she needs to be dewormed
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by highlightdamos1: 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
pls can u brief me wat exactly is de dry food and wat it is made of?......i give mine local food (mixture of maize, soy, groundnut and crayfish all grinded to powder form) and mix wit dano milk wen serving dem
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 9:03am On Sep 22, 2014
highlightdamos1: pls can u brief me wat exactly is de dry food and wat it is made of?......i give mine local food (mixture of maize, soy, groundnut and crayfish all grinded to powder form) and mix wit dano milk wen serving dem

it is a packaged dry food just like Arion etc.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2014
Took the dog to a Vet clinic over the weekend.
the dog was given antibiotics injection and Deworming tablet.
The eating habit has improved but she still prefer home made food to the food.
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by arcbay(m): 9:51am On Sep 22, 2014
daik: Took the dog to a Vet clinic over the weekend.
the dog was given antibiotics injection and Deworming tablet.
The eating habit has improved but she still prefer home made food to the food.

This is probably due to the way and manner she was raised as a lil' pup. Your dog sure wasn't raised on a that diet. It will take a lot of patience and hard work to get her used to the dry food. You can used several tricks on her though, like soaking the dry food in milk, or dicing beef, chicken or whatever you think can attract her to the food. I once had a pup that was raised on rice and beef and after I bought her she refused switching to my preferred method of feeding. I had to soak the dry food in "meat water" and I also diced chicken in her meal each time I served her. It took me only a week to get her accustomed to my ways. Try all these, it will really help
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
arcbay:

This is probably due to the way and manner she was raised as a lil' pup. Your dog sure wasn't raised on a that diet. It will take a lot of patience and hard work to get her used to the dry food. You can used several tricks on her though, like soaking the dry food in milk, or dicing beef, chicken or whatever you think can attract her to the food. I once had a pup that was raised on rice and beef and after I bought her she refused switching to my preferred method of feeding. I had to soak the dry food in "meat water" and I also diced chicken in her meal each time I served her. It took me only a week to get her accustomed to my ways. Try all these, it will really help

Thanks, I actually soak the dry food in Cerelac and she will within a twinkle of an eye,
BTW, can I feed her with expired Milk?
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by sirgigs: 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
daik:

Thanks, I actually soak the dry food in Cerelac and she will within a twinkle of an eye,
BTW, can I feed her with expired Milk?

How on earth? SMH

Expired milk!
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by chucky234(m): 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
sirgigs:

How on earth? SMH

Expired milk!
LMAO
Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 11:28am On Sep 25, 2014
The dog eating habit has greatly increased.

Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by henry007(m): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
daik: The dog eating habit has greatly increased.
she looks great.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of My Dog (neopolitan Mastiff) by daik(m): 11:50am On Sep 30, 2014
My Dog this morning,
Don't know y the discharge on her eye still persist after taking her to vet clinic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) / 14months Female Adult For Sale / 6 Weeks Old Nice Black German Shepard For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.