Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. (106149 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / About To Fly To North Cyprus / North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by boringnigerian: 1:30am On Jan 11, 2018
abadebaba:
God will change black Africa.
God will change our govt.'cos d insult is just toooo!!! much.

grin grin

God.

Because it was God that came down from heaven to develop Europe and America.

God is just looking at y'all like this:

11 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by Lamide123: 1:33am On Jan 11, 2018
angelsboizzzz:
am not an agent but reading what you said that northern cyprus is not a good place to study but let me ask a question, if as a student you work per hour and you are paid #3500 in nigerian currency as a foreigner and you work for just 12 hours in 2 days do you know how much you will be having? #84000. which ministry work do you know in Nigeria pays that amount ? except you wan to still government money bros. as for hardwork anybody don say make you push truck fro cyprus? anybody don tell you make u load bus? you don use the money wey you work buy fuel for gen make light dey your house? you don by candle read? men remember the country you are coming from cos is Nigeria students here in Nigeria can see 84k in two days while in school then Nigeria will have the happiest students in the world. or may be your papa na senator
He said 3500 naira per day not per hour That is around 17500 naira per week (5 working days per week).
This is less than 80k in a month. After all deduction (taxes) maybe you go home with less than 60k in a month.
How will you pay your rent, feeding............ No one can survive with that

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by Tecno66: 1:39am On Jan 11, 2018
afoltundeseun:
i hope you know he posted that in the year 2014
I honestly didnt know. That was before those who promised to repair the country ended up destroying it more. I just realized that all their promises were propaganda because instead of doing what they promised, they chose to blame the previous government for their ineptitude. They made promises they didnt keep and I am waiting for the ones they will make this time around. Like I said before, them no dey deceive ashawo two times. The first time when you finish, you tell am say I dey come. Second time wey you tell am so, she go hold cloth for your neck and you go pay for the two together.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by laudate: 1:49am On Jan 11, 2018
Tecno66:
I honestly didnt know. That was before those who promised to repair the country ended up destroying it more. I just realized that all their promises were propaganda because instead of doing what they promised, they chose to blame the previous government for their ineptitude. They made promises they didnt keep and I am waiting for the ones they will make this time around. Like I said before, them no dey deceive ashawo two times. The first time when you finish, you tell am say I dey come. Second time wey you tell am so, she go hold cloth for your neck.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by CountDooku(m): 6:19am On Jan 11, 2018
Kastamonu:
Yes, it is true that it is never rosy no matter where you go in Europe or America but the case of North Cyprus is much more difficult and pathetic. Here are reasons why it would be wiser to go to somewhere way better, than going to North Cyprus to work and study. I just completed my studies in North Cyprus, after spending four years of undergraduate studies, I know exactly what I am talking about here.

1. North Cyprus is not a country; it is not recognized as a country by the rest of the world; not by the United Nations or the European Union. Rather, it is a Turkish occupied territory. This is evident by the two flags used in the country; the Turkish flag and the North Cyprus flag. Both flags always stand side by side. North Cyprus relies on Turkey for everything even for soldiers to protect them.

2. The language spoken in North Cyprus is not English but Turkish. So students from Nigeria find it very difficult to adapt and settle down.

3. There are no good jobs. One of the ways through which travel agents deceive young Nigerians to go to North Cyprus, is to lie to them that there are very good jobs waiting for them in North Cyprus, but in truth there are no good jobs for students, not even in the universities (where they would be studying). The Universities offer students jobs in the library and information center with a pay that is less than N20,000 per month. Aside this, the jobs outside the universities are quite pitiful; because they are menial and very difficult jobs like construction, furniture making, bricklaying, painting and for ladies only cleaning jobs. These obviously are not jobs for students who hope to earn some money while studying. Like other students in North Cyprus, I had no other option but to do these jobs and trust me when I say, it was not easy to do them and at the same time go to school. Most times your academic suffer; you come from work, weak as a 'fried plantain' and you can not even open a page of your text book to study because you fall asleep almost immediately. By the way, these jobs are very difficult to find and the language barrier does not help.

4. You can never get a job with your certificate or diploma even after completion of your studies. In my four years here in North Cyprus, I have never seen a black man working in a good or reputable company. They never give foreigners or blacks jobs with their certificates.

4. Even you are able to get a job (a menial job), you get paid peanuts. The money would never be able to pay your school fees. Maybe it could be able to take care of your house rent and other bills but in the end you would be left with next to nothing to save.

5. You are openly cheated or exploited. After getting a job, you get paid in Turkish Lira (the official currency used in North Cyprus). But the irony is that you pay your house rent in pounds or euro. Even your school fees is paid in pounds, euro or dollars and not in the local currency which is much lower than the foreign currencies; thus you are losing money faster than water been poured in a basket. Hence you hardly save any money at the end of the month.

6. There is a high level of racism. This is not only obvious from how you are stared at when you walk on the streets or how you are treated when you go looking for jobs but actually what happens when you start working. Like I said earlier, the only available jobs are very difficult and there is an unwritten law that foreigners never get paid the same amount as citizens (turkish or cypriot), no matter how long you have been living in the country. Thus you and a citizen could be doing the same job but you get paid less than him. On the average, you get paid 50 turkish lira ($22/3,500 naira) per day while a citizen gets paid 100 tl ($45/N7,500) which is double what you earn. Sometimes you may be forced, by the owner or management of the company you work for, to do extra hours but the citizens never do extra hours.

7. Lastly another clear example of racism here in North Cyprus is the fact that a student of Cyprus International University, Gabriel Soriwei, was knocked down by a by a drunken female driver (a citizen). He fell into a coma; his dad came from Nigeria to see him while he was in the hospital. He recovered and was able to speak. But two weeks after his dad left for Nigeria, Gabriel died from a heart attack which was a direct result of the injuries he suffered from the accident. However, it took the efforts a relative of the Soriwei family, who stormed into a conference organized by agents from Cyprus International University who came to Nigeria to get students, before an a condolence message was sent to the family of Gabriel by the authorities of Cyprus International University. More disturbing and annoying, is the fact that the Soriwei family, till date, do not know the lady who knocked and killed their son; they don't even know what she looks like because the North Cyprus government and police refused to reveal the identity of the lady even after several messages from the boy's family that they just want to see her; that they have no intention of pressing charges. How sad...

*Note: If you have hopes of coming to North Cyprus to find a white girl or woman that would open doors of opportunity for you, you are mistaken and you better have a rethink. The turkish or cypriot ladies have no interest in black, more even they are racists, sometimes they even run away from you when you try to talk to them. Also the language barrier does not even encourage you to go out to search for a white girl who could possibly become your girlfriend or wife.

Lastly, if you are still in Nigeria and you intend to go abroad to study and possible work to get a better life for yourself, remove Cyprus from your list of possible countries to go. You would be better served going to a 'European' country like Germany, Spain or Italy where you could find better jobs and get better pay. If you are thinking of going to South Cyprus, also have a rethink because things are even worse there.

Tell the truth even if your voice shakes
Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by airsaylongcon: 6:27am On Jan 11, 2018
moneybag100:

Wao!!! So things are even worse in south cyprus than north...I have a friend who just got a cable visa to study in south cyprus , I will rely this message to him, if he like make he hear.

It's untrue that things are worse in the Republic of Cyprus (erroneously referred to by the OP as "South Cyprus"wink. The Republic is way more developed and more accommodating. The problem is that when Nigeriand get given allow they want allowance. Tell your friend to be cautious about a city called Limassol. Russians run the show there

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by airsaylongcon: 6:29am On Jan 11, 2018
Vicjustice:

Everything that this guy said is nothing but the reality, yet, not even all the negative realities that are mentioned.
I have not only been to Turkey and Greece, I have lived in these two countries, and I am a first hand witness of how blacks are treated: i did see racial profiling with my own eyes in both countries especially from their police officers.
In Turkey, the presense of a couple of blacks in a bus station is enough to attract a squad of police officers into passport control, and the officers are willing to negotiate and accept bribes to let you go.
And in Greece, a black man driving a flashing car (apart from in Athens or Thessaloniki) is enough to cause a high spead chase, and the black man is commanded to get off the car, put his hands on the roof of the car, spread his legs apart while the police officers search him for drugs, and any money that is found on him would need serious explanation: Greek police can't be bribed. Experience would teach you that (as an African) it is wise to cooperate with them through the provoking humiliation or you may make things worse for yourself, except you are a black EU citizen who they usually avoid to prevent intervention from your country

Unfair. Do you know what the Albanians go through? Pontiac Greeks Nkọ? Russians? Eastern European ladies are often raided for prostitution. Yes blacks get profiled but so do many other nationalities. Even Greeks themselves get profiled

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by airsaylongcon: 6:33am On Jan 11, 2018
angelsboizzzz:
am not an agent but reading what you said that northern cyprus is not a good place to study but let me ask a question, if as a student you work per hour and you are paid #3500 in nigerian currency as a foreigner and you work for just 12 hours in 2 days do you know how much you will be having? #84000. which ministry work do you know in Nigeria pays that amount ? except you wan to still government money bros. as for hardwork anybody don say make you push truck fro cyprus? anybody don tell you make u load bus? you don use the money wey you work buy fuel for gen make light dey your house? you don by candle read? men remember the country you are coming from cos is Nigeria students here in Nigeria can see 84k in two days while in school then Nigeria will have the happiest students in the world. or may be your papa na senator

You be real mumu o! So because you dey see ₦84k for TRNC you be big boy. U don calculate your expenses? You know how much for recharge card? NEPA bill? Food? Transport?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by Originality007: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2018
airsaylongcon:

You be real mumu o! So because you dey see ₦84k for TRNC you be big boy. U don calculate your expenses? You know how much for recharge card? NEPA bill? Food? Transport?

The guy mumu no strong as those people wey like his comment

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by saintneo(m): 7:53am On Jan 11, 2018
Kastamonu:
Yes, it is true that it is never rosy no matter where you go in Europe or America but the case of North Cyprus is much more difficult and pathetic. Here are reasons why it would be wiser to go to somewhere way better, than going to North Cyprus to work and study. I just completed my studies in North Cyprus, after spending four years of undergraduate studies, I know exactly what I am talking about here.

1. North Cyprus is not a country; it is not recognized as a country by the rest of the world; not by the United Nations or the European Union. Rather, it is a Turkish occupied territory. This is evident by the two flags used in the country; the Turkish flag and the North Cyprus flag. Both flags always stand side by side. North Cyprus relies on Turkey for everything even for soldiers to protect them.

2. The language spoken in North Cyprus is not English but Turkish. So students from Nigeria find it very difficult to adapt and settle down.

3. There are no good jobs. One of the ways through which travel agents deceive young Nigerians to go to North Cyprus, is to lie to them that there are very good jobs waiting for them in North Cyprus, but in truth there are no good jobs for students, not even in the universities (where they would be studying). The Universities offer students jobs in the library and information center with a pay that is less than N20,000 per month. Aside this, the jobs outside the universities are quite pitiful; because they are menial and very difficult jobs like construction, furniture making, bricklaying, painting and for ladies only cleaning jobs. These obviously are not jobs for students who hope to earn some money while studying. Like other students in North Cyprus, I had no other option but to do these jobs and trust me when I say, it was not easy to do them and at the same time go to school. Most times your academic suffer; you come from work, weak as a 'fried plantain' and you can not even open a page of your text book to study because you fall asleep almost immediately. By the way, these jobs are very difficult to find and the language barrier does not help.

4. You can never get a job with your certificate or diploma even after completion of your studies. In my four years here in North Cyprus, I have never seen a black man working in a good or reputable company. They never give foreigners or blacks jobs with their certificates.

4. Even you are able to get a job (a menial job), you get paid peanuts. The money would never be able to pay your school fees. Maybe it could be able to take care of your house rent and other bills but in the end you would be left with next to nothing to save.

5. You are openly cheated or exploited. After getting a job, you get paid in Turkish Lira (the official currency used in North Cyprus). But the irony is that you pay your house rent in pounds or euro. Even your school fees is paid in pounds, euro or dollars and not in the local currency which is much lower than the foreign currencies; thus you are losing money faster than water been poured in a basket. Hence you hardly save any money at the end of the month.

6. There is a high level of racism. This is not only obvious from how you are stared at when you walk on the streets or how you are treated when you go looking for jobs but actually what happens when you start working. Like I said earlier, the only available jobs are very difficult and there is an unwritten law that foreigners never get paid the same amount as citizens (turkish or cypriot), no matter how long you have been living in the country. Thus you and a citizen could be doing the same job but you get paid less than him. On the average, you get paid 50 turkish lira ($22/3,500 naira) per day while a citizen gets paid 100 tl ($45/N7,500) which is double what you earn. Sometimes you may be forced, by the owner or management of the company you work for, to do extra hours but the citizens never do extra hours.

7. Lastly another clear example of racism here in North Cyprus is the fact that a student of Cyprus International University, Gabriel Soriwei, was knocked down by a by a drunken female driver (a citizen). He fell into a coma; his dad came from Nigeria to see him while he was in the hospital. He recovered and was able to speak. But two weeks after his dad left for Nigeria, Gabriel died from a heart attack which was a direct result of the injuries he suffered from the accident. However, it took the efforts a relative of the Soriwei family, who stormed into a conference organized by agents from Cyprus International University who came to Nigeria to get students, before an a condolence message was sent to the family of Gabriel by the authorities of Cyprus International University. More disturbing and annoying, is the fact that the Soriwei family, till date, do not know the lady who knocked and killed their son; they don't even know what she looks like because the North Cyprus government and police refused to reveal the identity of the lady even after several messages from the boy's family that they just want to see her; that they have no intention of pressing charges. How sad...

*Note: If you have hopes of coming to North Cyprus to find a white girl or woman that would open doors of opportunity for you, you are mistaken and you better have a rethink. The turkish or cypriot ladies have no interest in black, more even they are racists, sometimes they even run away from you when you try to talk to them. Also the language barrier does not even encourage you to go out to search for a white girl who could possibly become your girlfriend or wife.

Lastly, if you are still in Nigeria and you intend to go abroad to study and possible work to get a better life for yourself, remove Cyprus from your list of possible countries to go. You would be better served going to a 'European' country like Germany, Spain or Italy where you could find better jobs and get better pay. If you are thinking of going to South Cyprus, also have a rethink because things are even worse there.

Inasmuch as you've had a terrible experience, I can confirm to you that I'm​ married to a lady that schooled in North Cyprus. She had a job as a lecturer at another university while studying. The same image you painted above, was given to her; however, she keyed into God. There were tough times, she sacrificed her earnings as first fruit. God came into her situation, she got employed in job she had no experience in except her undergraduate degree 2.2 for that matter. God is awesome, alleluia!
I wish I know what I know now as a Christian while I was in the UK.

Bro, key into God just like King Solomon did and see God come into your situation.

Yes, I'm a full time shepple.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by TrumpDonald2: 8:08am On Jan 11, 2018
angelsboizzzz:
Read well and understand before you make a comment. He said they pay per day not per hour.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by Xtargold(f): 8:22am On Jan 11, 2018
North Cyprus is a place for you to only come and study,working and schooling at the same time is not advisable except you get money from home and you just want to supplement what you get from home,most times the working conditions are not ok though. Just study and go back home. It's not a place for legit hustle,except illegal stuff like yahoo and the rest,cos there is no interpol. Nigerians are part of the people making the country hard for others. You come with a student visa but you don't go to school just cruising around in big cars,what do you expect,how do you expect them to treat you well. Naija people too dey overdo. The bottom line is,make sure your sponsor is ready to see you through school or else you will suffer except you are into yahoo.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by dupesolamary: 9:44am On Jan 11, 2018
[quote author=goryorhal post=45047955][am not an agent but reading what you said that northern cyprus is not a good place to study but let me ask a question, if as a student you work per hour and you are paid #3500 in nigerian currency as a foreigner and you work for just 12 hours in 2 days do you know how much you will be having? #84000. which ministry work do you know in Nigeria pays that amount ? except you wan to still government money bros. as for hardwork anybody don say make you push truck fro cyprus? anybody don tell you make u load bus? you don use the money wey you work buy fuel for gen make light dey your house? you don by candle read? men remember the country you are coming from cos is Nigeria students here in Nigeria can see 84k in two days while in school then Nigeria will have the happiest students in the world. or may be your papa na senator/quote]

Things will not work that way before we lose another one to Cyprus.
he will not be spending naira there but pounds according to the info. So his fantasy about 84k does not make sense. So in essence, your pay will be worthless
Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 11, 2018
sweetTai:
I have a message for my fellow young Africans, Please I'm begging you with everything in me to be careful before travelling overseas. I have lived in the United States for the last 22 years and I can tell you that beside America, Nigeria is the only other place I can live. I have been in the US for all these years and I still long for the day that I can at least spend half of every year in Nigeria. Even the so-called America is just a place filled with worries, hypertension and loss of belonging. No matter how long you have been here, they still look at you like a frigging foreigner. I have been to the best cities in Europe and Canada and I tell you, I can never live there. At least America has some laws to protect you if you have legal status, some European countries make you feel like a stray dog. Be careful when Nigerian in diaspora are boasting to you about abroad, it's not all what it cracks up to be. A vast majority of them are liars and exaggerates. I have a very good job, I make six figure salary, drive expensive car and a nice house but still, your life is like a lost prince. How I wonder we can all come together in Africa and fix our $#it! Most of the basic necessities that the western countries provide their citizens are not hard to accomplish for any nation but when mismanagement, corruption, laziness and lack of empathy comes into governance and the masses, these things becomes hard to achieve. Every year, Africa keep losing vibrant young men and women to the deep seas of Europe and Asia all in search of imaginary greener pastures. Please, Please and please listen to me. If you have a good job or prospect in Nigeria or Africa, stay there and contribute positive to your immediate environment. Lift other people up and keep pushing it and stay positive. And if you have the opportunity to go overseas, investigate the opportunity and never forget home because I will not tell you not to travel overseas but i'll tell you to mind what you do overseas. Here in America, I have advised many Africans on how to navigate their ways in this country and how to succeed in their endeavors. Time after time, I found young African men and women still timid and fearful of the white folks. Why be fearful if you have done everything right? Don't allow fear to rule your life, be confident and firm in your decisions but be wise. Finally, Be prayerful and let God and your heart lead you. Stay away from illegality be it at home or abroad, you will find things a lot easier that way. Fraud and illegalities only gives you a temporary joy, it gives you a lot harder and rough road down the line.
[b]You've lived in America for 22 years, have a very good job, make six figures salary, drive an expensive car and own a very nice house, and you are advising Nigerians to stay back and make Nigeria better. IF NIGERIA IS STILL THE WAY IT WAS 22 YEARS AGO, WHY THE $#@K WILL ANYONE LEAVE! The Nigeria you left is one of the most dangerous places to leave in the world today. Things have gone from better to worse, don't you read the news here? Do you think they are lies? I live in Port Harcourt, and I can tell you just walking down to a supper market by 8pm to buy something can get you killed because you might be unlucky when armed robbers with AK47 come to rob the place. It happens here all the time, the last time it happened was 3 days ago and a man was shot dead. If you want to know what Nigeria looks like now, don't worry about coming home, just open a thread and ask Nigerians what the country looks like now and wait for it. You if come back with your expensive car and live the way you live there, I can bet my balls you will be kidnapped in few months, and they will ask you to pay over $100k in ransom. I love this country, but... I can't live here anymore. Even if I have a very good job, I can't live here. [/b]

12 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by omoboy110: 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
bro how many years did you live in turkey and where exactly in turkey did you stay during those years?
Vicjustice:

Everything that this guy said is nothing but the reality, yet, not even all the negative realities that are mentioned.
I have not only been to Turkey and Greece, I have lived in these two countries, and I am a first hand witness of how blacks are treated: i did see racial profiling with my own eyes in both countries especially from their police officers.
In Turkey, the presense of a couple of blacks in a bus station is enough to attract a squad of police officers into passport control, and the officers are willing to negotiate and accept bribes to let you go.
And in Greece, a black man driving a flashing car (apart from in Athens or Thessaloniki) is enough to cause a high spead chase, and the black man is commanded to get off the car, put his hands on the roof of the car, spread his legs apart while the police officers search him for drugs, and any money that is found on him would need serious explanation: Greek police can't be bribed. Experience would teach you that (as an African) it is wise to cooperate with them through the provoking humiliation or you may make things worse for yourself, except you are a black EU citizen who they usually avoid to prevent intervention from your country.
Note: It is way easier to find a Greek girlfriend or wife than to even approach a Turkish girl: Turkish girls are Muslims, and by their tradition, it is considered an abomination for them to date non-Muslim men: they could be killed for bringing dishonour to their family.
Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by TheSociopath(m): 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
angelsboizzzz:

You're so daft
Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by Vicjustice: 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
omoboy110:
bro how many years did you live in turkey and where exactly in turkey did you stay during those years?
I only stayed in Turkey for 3 months, in Top Kapi area of Istanbul.
Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by omoboy110: 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
but what you wrote about turkish women is very wrong
Vicjustice:

I only stayed in Turkey for 3 months, in Top Kapi area of Istanbul.
Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by sweetTai(m): 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
grossintel:
[b]You've lived in America for 22 years, have a very good job, make six figures salary, drive an expensive car and own a very nice house, and you are advising Nigerians to stay back and make Nigeria better. IF NIGERIA IS STILL THE WAY IT WAS 22 YEARS AGO, WHY THE $#@K WILL ANYONE LEAVE! The Nigeria you left is one of the most dangerous places to leave in the world today. Things have gone from better to worse, don't you read the news here? Do you think they are lies? I live in Port Harcourt, and I can tell you just walking down to a supper market by 8pm to buy something can get you killed because you might be unlucky when armed robbers with AK47 come to rob the place. It happens here all the time, the last time it happened was 3 days ago and a man was shot dead. If you want to know what Nigeria looks like now, don't worry about coming home, just open a thread and ask Nigerians what the country looks like now and wait for it. You if come back with your expensive car and live the way you live there, I can bet my balls you will be kidnapped in few months, and they will ask you to pay over $100k in ransom. I love this country, but... I can't live here anymore. Even if I have a very good job, I can't live here. [/b]

You obviously did not properly read my post. When did I advise young Nigerians to stay back?? My advise to them was to be careful on the choice of country they go And desperation. I will not argue with you since it seems you are inclined to frustration.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by Vicjustice: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
omoboy110:
but what you wrote about turkish women is very wrong
What is wrong in what i wrote about Turkish women?
Oh, you think Turkish women date black people?
First of all, you need to realise that it is a taboo (to the vast majority people) in Turkey for a girl to have a non-muslim boyfriend, and that it could be death mission for a girl to be in a relationship that involves sexυal intercourse.
As much as i hate to play the race card, but i should bring to your attention that Turkish people are only a little better than Arab people in their views about black people: Arab people are the worst toward blacks, many of them still believe that owning black slaves is ok.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by omoboy110: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2018
Am sorry but i dont believe you stayed here at all
Vicjustice:

What is wrong in what i wrote about Turkish women?
Oh, you think Turkish women date black people?
First of all, you need to realise that it is a taboo (to the vast majority people) in Turkey for a girl to have a non-muslim boyfriend, and that it could be death mission for a girl to be in a relationship that involves sexυal intercourse.
As much as i hate to play the race card, but i should bring to your attention that Turkish people are only a little better than Arab people in their views about black people: Arab people are the worst toward blacks, many of them still believe that owning black slaves is ok.
Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by laudate: 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2018
omoboy110:
Why don't you believe him? Which aspect of what he said, is a lie?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by omoboy110: 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2018
about their women and blacks,do you also live in turkey?
laudate:

Why don't you believe him? Which aspect of what he said, is a lie?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by laudate: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
omoboy110:
about their women and blacks,do you also live in turkey?
And have you lived in Turkey before, for any length of time? shocked If you do not believe him, then kindly list out the reasons why you believe he is wrong. He has spelt out his own reason, what is your own reason for not believing him? Do you know many Turkish girls who are married to Nigerians in Turkey? Do you know where they live? What is the percentage of such interethnic marriages? Those are the things you should be highlighting to prove if he is right or wrong! sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by omoboy110: 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2018
their girls are easy going they relate with friends i know about four nigerians who are married to turkish women with kids,and forget that islamic shit,turkish people islamic belief is not like our own people in nigeria,when their girls see blacks they even say hi,they will want to know where you are from,i have nieghbours who are females,when i had issue with my home internet they offered to help me out and even came into my appartment,which girl in nigeria will go into a strangers appartment ?
laudate:

And have you lived in Turkey before, for any length of time? shocked If you do not believe him, then kindly list out the reasons why you believe he is wrong. He has spelt out his own reason, what is your own reason for not believing him? Do you know many Turkish girls who are married to Nigerians in Turkey? Do you know where they live? What is the percentage of such interethnic marriages? Those are the things you should be highlighting to prove if he is right or wrong! sad

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by laudate: 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2018
omoboy110:
their girls are easy going they relate with friends i know about four nigerians who are married to turkish women with kids,and forget that islamic shit,turkish people islamic belief is not like our own people in nigeria,when their girls see blacks they even say hi,they will want to know where you are from,i have nieghbours who are females,when i had issue with my home internet they offered to help me out and even came into my appartment,which girl in nigeria will go into a strangers appartment ?
So are you currently living in Turkey? And are those your Nigerian friends who are married to Turkish women, also staying in Turkey? The country is big, and the other poster who said Turkish girls do not like blacks, may have stayed in a region different from your own.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by Vicjustice: 4:35am On Jan 14, 2018
omoboy110:
You still haven't refuted what i said that is wrong about Turkish women to make you think that i never stayed in Turkey.
And apart from having lived in Turkey in the past, if you are willing to know when was the last time that i stayed in Turkey, here is a video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2kPEG4-QOg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by omoboy110: 10:28am On Jan 14, 2018
And because of your transit that lasted maybe a day or two,you had alot to say about turkish women?Turkish people are free people,since have been here have never heard that a turkish girl refuse a guy because he's black or christian shit,they don't carry religion on their heads like nigerians.my friend has full afro and we were in the train few days ago and this girl begged him to allow her feel his hair,
Vicjustice:

You still haven't refuted what i said that is wrong about Turkish women to make you think that i never stayed in Turkey.
And apart from having lived in Turkey in the past, if you are willing to know when was the last time that i stayed in Turkey, here is a video of it.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by Vicjustice: 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2018
omoboy110:
And because of your transit that lasted maybe a day or two,you had alot to say about turkish women?Turkish people are free people,since have been here have never heard that a turkish girl refuse a guy because he's black or christian shit,they don't carry religion on their heads like nigerians.my friend has full afro and we were in the train few days ago and this girl begged him to allow her feel his hair,
Many people would like to feel the skin of a snake, but that doesn't make them snake lovers.
You do not know me nor do you know my occupations or activities, so you can not say that I've only been on a trasit in Turkey for a day or two.
You might want to read my article on the thread in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/94557/life-various-foreign-countries-experience

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by justwise(m): 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2018
Vicjustice:

How is the airline service itself? I will be using them very soon though I will not be layover overnight, 5hrs at Istanbul or less.
Re: Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. by optimusprime2(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
omoboy110:
Brov,
it depends on which region you are in Turkey.
But regardless, your analysis about Turkish women being generally open minded to "Siyah Yabanciler" (Black Foreigners) is a lie. It can only appear so due to the following reasons, however it is not always the case;

1-They have exposure: Probably they have lived in or been to Europe, esp Germany that has a high number of Turkish people. In this case the Ladies are open minded and friendly towards black people, many at times you may even think they are not Turkish as such ladies act very European & could marry you easily.

2-They are educated to a high degree: Educated Turkish women are quite enlightened and act very differently from the uneducated Turkish women, they are quite helpful and understanding. These ones won't mind dating black people as they are more enlightened.

3-Can speak English: Turkish women who speak English tend to gravitate towards black people as they find our personalities rather bombastic and entertaining because they can understand us.

4-Are curious: Never misinterprete the curiosity of a Turkish lady as Love or attraction et al. They can be really curious as most of them have never seen a black person up close, so if you bump into one, they tend to want to know if all the myths they must have heard about Africans are true, I.e ,Sungel Saçlar (Spongy hair), Hayvan ar** (Beastly Dic*s) et al, so the bold ones may approach and touch you. But after the fascination is satisfied, it's back to normal.

5-Big City girls; Istanbul, Ankara & Antalya ladies have met a lot of foreigners and are quite comfortable with relating to black people.

However a majority of Turkish women are not exposed so they have a general perception of black people, they are generally reserved due to their culture and the religious ones will "Never" date a Black person.

Then again, the Turkish Ladies in North Cyprus are more friendly (Because most of them are Cypriots not Turkish) that is "IF" you can speak Turkish or "IF" they speak English- However it stops there, they will hardly, I repeat HARDLY date you and if you hover about them ignoring that fact, if you are not killed or mauled by a jealous Turkish Cypriot guy, you could get into big trouble most assuredly, because it is a Taboo for them to marry outside their religion or kinsman.

In your case I am very most assuredly sure, that the neighborhood girls who came to check your internet issues were university students or were Turkish Cypriots.
Perhaps you probably don't know, but Turkish Cypriots are enthusiastic about speaking/learning English with foreigners so they'd jump at any opportunity to show off their lingual skills in English esp the ones who lived abroad.

I speak Turkish quite well, and I have stayed in various regions of Turkey including TRNC for over 4years, so I know what I am talking about, and I understand a lot of subtlety on that regard.
Sometimes though, Love happens but @vicjustice is mostly right about his analysis on Turkish ladies, they will mostly not date a Black person due to stereotype, cultural reasons, and lack of exposure.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ugly Britain / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.