Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,772 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? (2529 Views)

I Kind Of Like My GF But Her Sister Is Much Better Looking / Women Dont You Think Wearing A Push Up Bra Is Kind Of Like False Advertising? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by brainwave(m): 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2008
Hi all, what d'ú think about couples / to be couples with like temperaments (in marriage). Its widely accepted that 'opposites attract' but I read a book  (Date or Soul Mate By Neil Warren )where the author (who is supposed to be a relationship expert) advised people to look to marry someone who is a lot like themselves, what's ur take on this, can anyone confirm this by their personal experiences (or those they know about) i.e, of successful copules with like temperaments or personalities? Thanks in advance for your informative contributions smiley
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by igwe11(m): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2008
That's true, birds of d same feather flock together.  misunderstanding happens when  parties involve have diff understanding on their common goals.
can two work together unless they agree ''NO''
Nevertheless some qualities could be supplementary, that is why unlike charges attract while like charges repel.
thnx
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by brainwave(m): 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2008
@Igwe 1, mmmmnnnn thankx 4ur comments it makes sense, cos the same author i referred to earlier said; its the same qualities that attract opposites (temperament-wise) that drive them crazy (upsets) in the long-run. Nice contribution bro! wink
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by iice(f): 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2008
The opposite attracts thing doesnt work for me. The person has to be in my wavelength to even consider him. Not big on stress
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2008
@ Topic

Well I guess both couple can't be "exactly" alike. . . .

It's possible they have very similar and common attributes or attitudes. . . .but most likely there would be some

differences between them, like they might both be quiet and laid back,

but one of them might be quick tempered and the

other might be very mellow. . . .and so on. . . . . . . .

but it usually evens out or balances out. . . . . . cool
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by igwe11(m): 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2008
when i say "like and unlike charge ", i simple mean some qualities like listening,talking and so on.
The two should not be too opinionated.One has to accept defeat.
I guess am communicating.
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by iice(f): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2008
Nah, i have seen two opinionated people work really well together. The key is knowing and accepting when one is wrong and willing to learn from the other.
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by igwe11(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2008
iice:

Nah, i have seen two opinionated people work really well together. The key is knowing and accepting when one is wrong and willing to learn from the other.

OK cool cool
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by chika98: 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2008
Ehen. . so that they can both kill each other. People marry who they are like.
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by brainwave(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2008
Ehen. .  so that they can both kill each other.
grin grin grin
Re: R/ship Or Marriage Between People Of Like Temperaments: How Workable? by brainwave(m): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2012
Can we have more thoughts on this??

(1) (Reply)

Relationships And Pet Names / I Gave Her A 2nd Chance But She Is Still Seeing The Guy: What Should I Do? / Ten Reasons Black Women Prefer White Men Read More: Reader So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.