|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,599,175 members, 6,033,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 December 2020 at 03:28 PM
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 2:46pm On Sep 01|
Health And Safety Officer
St. Nicholas Hospital
About the Company
St Nicholas hospital is a large private hospital providing primary, secondary and tertiary medical services for the nation. St Nicholas hospital has been at the forefront of medical care since the present building was finished in March 1968. At St Nicholas Hospital we foster, promote and practice ethical and evidence based medicine. Our staff are dedicated and committed to delivering professional services and outstanding hospitality.Our radiology unit includes a state of the art digital diagnostic x-ray machine, 4-D ultra sound scan and multi-Slice CT scanner. We have several other services including, a modern dialysis unit, maternity unit, advanced laparoscopic surgery, and a complete spectrum of services to aid with the diagnosis and treatment of most conditions.
The Health Safety and Environment Officer is to establish and continuously monitor the compliance of the HSE Management System with the ISO 9000 standards in St. Nicholas Hospital. To perform this role the Health Safety and Environment Officer is concerned with:
-Conducting pre-operational risk assessments on ‘new sites’ and design risk mitigation measures.
-Development of all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System to be compliant with ISO 9000 standards, including corrective and preventive measures.
-Monitoring compliance and generate regular reports.
-Coordinating Quality Assurance Unit programs, example Incident Report program, staff continuous training and assessment, and safety and standards Monitoring.
-To provide training and mentoring to new and/or less experienced staff in own work area, including work experience students. Organize and coordinate continuous HSE education for SNH staff.
-Investigate accidents that have occurred within St Nicholas hospital and facilities and assist with the development of Incident corrective Action plan.
-Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensure that any certification requirements are complied with etc.
-Responsible for implementation of Job Safety Analysis and inspect job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations;
-Review and analyze accidents and near miss incidents and making corrective action recommendations.
-Develop risk management audit and monitoring tools (hazard assessment checklist)
-Periodic reports to the QAM on hazards assessment findings and high-level recommendations.
-Prepares or reviews special studies, reports and documents; reviews and ensures proper completion of reports, records and other documentation.
-To participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the Hospital’s daily operations.
-Develops and monitors continuous improvement programmes aimed at reducing risk and improve level of safety.
-Monitoring compliance with HSE guidelines by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports highlighting and recommending process for bridging gaps in the system.
-Ability to use Microsoft word and excel on a computer system for routine tasks.
-Should have ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing work environment, using own initiative at all times.
-Thorough knowledge of laws and regulations governing HSE operations locally and globally.
-To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Knowledge, Training & Experience
-Applicant to possess a degree in relevant disciplines with recognized HSE certification.
-A combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates excellent communication skills, knowledge of the education and training requirements for healthcare professionals and ideally have experience of health safety and environment processes within higher education would all be necessary.
-Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a health safety and environment role, previous experience in working in hospital environment would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Apply through LinkedIn
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by TenthMan(m): 3:12pm On Sep 01|
ISPON GHSE and Novelle GHSE are both basic HSE Appreciation Courses. There are a lot of similarities in them in the sense that they allow you appreciate basic concepts of hazards, risks, unsafe acts and unsafe conditions, etc. These are fundamental information/principles in HSE STEM for those starting out in the Discipline.
The difference is that given the status quo and based on your level of education the ISPON Program will lead you into becoming a Member of ISPON. Note that Professional Membership is different from Knowledge/Skill Certification. Doing GHSE and HSE L 1 ,2 & 3 will give you the certificate. However, it does not automatically make you a professional member. For ISPON the last time I checked, they insist on their own version of GHSE and Level 1,2 &3 as the pathway to becoming a professional member and you have to have done it with any of their State Branches.
Long story short, they are both almost the same, but ISPON's will be a step closer towards getting Professional Membership with the body.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by NYCnextStop(m): 6:27pm On Sep 01|
TenthMan:oh... I get it now.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by mosdii(m): 6:51am On Sep 02|
Good Day NL's, how are we doing today?.
Happy New Month.
Please I'm so sorry for disturbing you guys. I seriously need your help to pay my rent that expired on August 31st.
I used to work in a hotel before the Corona virus issue and I was sacked afterwards. I falled back to my little savings to help me and my mother throughout the tough period.
I have struggled to raise 40% of the rent and the landlord is on my neck. Please I'm begging you to kindly assist me with anything, nothing is too small.
Thanks and God bless you.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by blackmentor(m): 12:20pm On Sep 02|
Good afternoon and happy new month, please can you help me with the NEBOSH study material?
I'll be very grateful.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Dee91: 6:16am On Sep 03|
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 10thTenthMan: 9:02pm On Sep 11|
POSITION: HSE OFFICER -
COMPANY: ROSMOX INCORPORATION
ROSMOX INCORPORATION is a health consulting agency that offers proficiency in consultancy, advice giving, and education on wellness and health related issues, to both private and public entities including corporate organizations, for the sole aim of promoting health and wellness
• Keeping people safe in the work environment
• Develop policies and procedures to make sure people are not harmed by their jobs, investigate and report accidents and provide guidance on how to comply with the law.
• Organizing safety talks and training for staffs
• Investigating health-related complaints and cases of ill health.
• Carrying out risk assessments and work environment inspections.
• NEBOSH certificate, IOSH membership certificate is an added advantage.
• Calm, patient and assertive, with excellent communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• IT literate
• Committed to further study
• Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with people at all levels of the organization
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 10thTenthMan: 9:05pm On Sep 11|
Position: Deputy QHSE Manager (M/F)
Company: Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited
Location: Africa, Nigeria, Lagos
Contract type: Permanent Contract
Mission: Supports the deployment, implementation and improvement of the Bourbon Quality Management System tailored to fit in line with the quality Management principles stated in the BINL Quality policy, QHSE expectation & Annual Quality Plan.
Description and Expected Outcome / Performance Indicators:
• Manage, map and optimize the Organization processes and ensures its interfaces with the respective Corporate processes
• Ensure that the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle is applied in all BINL processes, in a continual improvement path.
• Support BINL process owners in developing their process and documentation.
• Manage the Audits and Inspections Program, apply and ensure compliance to the Audit Protocol and manage the certification processes
• Work with Affiliate Purchasing to establish Quality requirements from Affiliate Suppliers, in line with the Audits and Inspections Program
• Liaise with Customers’ auditors and ensure the execution of corrective action and compliance with Customers’ specifications
• Follow up QHSE events, Situation reports, Root cause analysis, Action point follow-up
• Manage non-conformities, awards, complaints and suggestions for improvement.
• Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated.
• Coordinate planned and extraordinary Quality meetings for improvement actions.
• Incentive all Affiliate employees to provide improvement suggestions.
• Provide QHSE related OSM knowledge and advice to shore-based and offshore personnel.
• Ensure application of BINL QHSE Procedures
• Measure QHSE standards in compliance with HSE related OSM levels
• Assist QHSE Manager in verifying the compliance of QHSE procedures in compliance with OSM drivers 8/9/10.
• Promote the QHSE culture, coach employees on the subject and check implementation.
• Ensure the Quality Management system documentation.
• Ensure Proper Control of Data, Documents and Control of records in line with the GDPR and NDPR.
• Support Client Satisfaction Chain stakeholders shall ensure that customer requirement are defined and are met with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction
• Creation, management and implementation of ‘Quality & HSE’ campaigns for BINL.
• Conduct ISM, ISPS and MLC Internal Audits as advised by BINL Management.
• Ensure that product which does not conform to product requirements is identified and controlled to prevent its unintended use or delivery.
• Conduct QHSE training courses using internal and external resources when required.
• Maintain awareness of evolving industry QHSE regulations and best practice and how they could be applied to the Company’s operations.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert for QHSE matters.
• Produce further analysis and reports as may be required by the Directors, or HPI management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Environmental Sciences; Maritime or a degree in any related field of study or equivalent combination of experience and education in the oil and gas, offshore or marine & Logistics Sector.
• ISM/ISPS/MLC Auditor Qualification,
• NEBOSH Diploma or NQV Level 4 Occupational Health and Safety.
• Lead Auditor Qualification (ISO 9001:2015)
• Professional Institute Memberships such as IOSH, IIRSM, CIQA etc.
• Proficient in Incident Investigations.
• Fluency in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Minimum 10 years of general experience within the health, safety and environment field.
• Experience working within a multinational organization preferably in Marine / Oil and Gas/ FCMG with knowledge of Business Ethics and Compliance rules and regulation.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory QHSE role.
• Conducted >20 audit exercises as an Internal QHSE Auditor,
• Specific experience in developing, managing and auditing of HSSEQ Management Systems within the offshore oil and gas industry and/or the offshore shipping industry.
• Thorough understanding of the operations of jack-up barges or rigs preferably in the offshore sector.
• Extensive understanding of quality assurance, health and safety, environmental management and security management for jack-up barges, rigs or offshore vessels.
• An experienced people manager with the ability to lead, coach and mentor teams.
• Must have analytical experience, be accurate with statistics and written reports, well organized and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
• Has in-depth understanding of international standards and procedures and makes appropriate decisions based on this knowledge.
• Has experience in accident and incident investigation
• Knowledge of security control.
• A team player, with strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
• Systematic and careful in handling confidential, critical and technical data.
• Software expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge in other MS Office package is an advantage
• Bourbon’s employer value proposition
• Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
Minimum level of Education required:
• 3 – Bachelor’s degree (3 years)
Minimum level of experience required:
• Over 10 years.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 10thTenthMan: 8:21am On Sep 16|
Done. Kindly check you mail.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by blackmentor(m): 10:52pm On Sep 19|
Thank you so much Sir,
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by stevensheds: 4:33pm On Sep 26|
Good day sir, I need you to assist me with the nebosh training material so that I can study ahead of exams.
thanks in anticipation
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 10thTenthMan: 7:11am On Sep 29|
Job Position: [/b]Safety Officer
[b]Job Location: Calabar - Cross Rivers,NG
Employment Type: [/b]Contract
[b]Company : [/b]Recore Limited
• First degree holder in Safety Management or related field
• Minimum of four years cognate experience
• Good understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
• Detail oriented and high-level observation abilities
• Problem solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Technical know-how
• Certification and trainings in HSE are mandatory
• Provide general support to the health and safety manager
• Assist the safety manager with health and safety monitoring activities
• Assist the safety manager with the management of fire safety throughout the organization
• Assist with the coordination and management of PPE, laboratory coats, environmental waste and environmental waste storage areas
• Liaise closely with the facilities management team to manage issues relating to the facilities service provision and specifically waste disposals, buildings, fire safety equipment, electrical testing and safety audit non-compliances
• Review and record checks on all fire exits, fire and fire equipment and fire signs
• Educate workers and employees on safety aspects, assists in preparing safety manuals and guidelines
• Inspect work area premises for hazardous elements
• Strictly adhere to corporate safety guidelines and procedures
• Promote the organization culture through standard policies
I personally advise that all applicants are careful with this application. DO NOT PART WITH 1 NAIRA TO ANYONE.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by NYCnextStop(m): 8:29am On Sep 29|
10thTenthMan:Couldn’t find the “apply now” button or is it my eyes
Thanks for the heads up big man
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21(f): 9:17am On Oct 01|
Check out this job at S. Lloyd Nigeria Limited: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2181820804
Dear all, kindly check out this job for your application.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by chigrad: 10:35am On Oct 01|
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 10thTenthMan: 11:13am On Oct 01|
This requires you sending a mail to the recruiters.
IT IS WHY I WARNED ALL APPLICANTS TO BE CAREFUL. The email address has a gmail extension.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by chigrad: 7:51am On Oct 02|
Good day ,
Please I will appreciate if anyone can share CSP exam practise questions. @tenthman and other gurus in the house please assist
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21(f): 3:22pm On Oct 02|
Job Title: Safety Officer
Location: Ibeju – Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
Conducts toolbox meetings
Is part of the project safety council and leads all efforts to enhance safety
The safety officer reviews and approves all subcontractors safety plans
Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related government agencies
Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
Promotes safe practices at the job site.
Enforces safety guidelines.
Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
Conducts job hazard analyses.
Establishes safety standards and policies as needed.
Performs emergency response drills.
Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
Responds to employees safety concerns.
Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste.
Serves as the link between state and local agencies and contractors.
Receives reports from and responds to orders issued by Department of Laborinspectors.
Candidates should possess a Bchelor’s degree with 3 – 5 years work experience.
5th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Waziri9004(m): 1:59pm On Oct 03|
Good day house.. please anyone with CSP study & exam materials kindly send to Johnsam9004@gmail.com. Thanks
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Solop5: 2:48pm On Oct 07|
If you need help on how to write your nebosh IG 2 practical and also an assistance during the next OBE examination, Don't hesitate to contact me on Whatsapp +447537167247, i will help you on that.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Emmyjean: 6:11am On Oct 13|
Please, can anyone in the house assist me with Nebosh Environmental management study material.
This my email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by YourVILAGEpeple(m): 7:15am On Oct 13|
Unemployment rate in Nigeria is damn High.... Been 8months since I started writing applications.... But .. No show.
I give up on this Country....
There is no Job for the Common Man here.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 8:36am On Oct 13|
For anyone interested in Ibadan.... There's a class planned for November.
N.B This is a face-to-face class please. The one below is a virtual class. Thanks.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by micxwell(m): 8:40am On Oct 13|
YourVILAGEpeple:Don't give up bro. Just change your format of approach. It's not easy but the only direction is forward not backwards.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by bokunrawo(m): 1:23pm On Oct 13|
Send me a DM
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21(f): 6:35pm On Oct 14|
Please don't give up. All will be well
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by AltCtrlDel: 4:38pm On Oct 20|
Good day boss,
Pls could you avail me with NEBOSH International Fire Safety Certificate (IFC) exam materials and also IGE exam materials.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 10thTenthMan: 6:26pm On Oct 20|
Position: Safety, Health and Environmental Officer
Company: Techlink Limited, Lagos
We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines. You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations. Responsibilities Support the development of OHS policies and programs Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.) Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment) Requirements Proven experience as safety officer In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus.
Apply all forms of due diligence please.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by 10thTenthMan: 7:23pm On Oct 26|
DPR MINIMUM INDUSTRY SAFETY TRAINING FOR DOWNSTREAM OPERATORS (MISTDO)
Minimum Industry Safety Training for Downstream Operations (MISTDO) is a basic safety training requirement which must be undertaken by ALL personnel working in the downstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry. It is a major component of the Safety Audit Clearance policy launched by the Department to reduce risks and occurrences of accidents in the downstream sector of the Oil and Gas industry.
MISTDO seeks to address the high rate of incidents caused by personnel working in the downstream sector of the Oil and Gas industry which have resulted in loss of lives, destruction of infrastructure, downtime in production, loss of revenue and environmental pollution.The outcome from previous Investigations reveal that poor safety knowledge and culture and a dearth of competent personnel in this sector are major causes of these incidents. Thus, to eliminate or reduce to the barest minimum future occurrences of these incidents, the Department in line with its mandate to enforce policies & programs for the safety of people, the environment and Oil and Gas infrastructure, developed MISTDO.
OBJECTIVES OF MISTDO
1. Enforce safety training requirements in the downstream sector.
2. Increase awareness in safety and risks associated with operations in the sector.
3. Improve knowledge and general competence level in the sector.
4. Standardize basic safety training requirements for personnel across the sector.
5. Serve as a reference or guide for prospective trainees in basic safety.
6. Provide a platform to effectively monitor and regulate basic safety training activities in the sector.
COURSE SYLLABUS /MODULES
VALIDITY OF TRAINING
All Oil and Gas Personnel in downstream operations must undergo the basic training, while those with other technical duties have to undergo other higher level courses as contained in the MISTDO Syllabus.
All operators and licensees within the downstream segment of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria are to ensure all personnel are trained on MISTDO. Enforcement will commence before the end of 2020.
Individuals who also seek to acquire this certification may contact the approved training facilities by visiting https://mistdo.dpr.gov.ng/ . Training MAY BE an added advantage to applicants' resume.
Certificates issued have unique numbers to allow DPR enforce the training requirement guidelines. DPR can visit any facility and carry out an immediate and on the spot online verification of certificates. Each certificate number is unique and issued by an algorithm through the DPR MISTDO Portal/System
FUTURE OF MINIMUM INDUSTRY TRAINING IN OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
The DPR is working hard to introduce MISTUO for Upstream Industry. It is only in Nigeria that anyone can come into the country and work without having adequate national/local professional training requirements.
|Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Juwon21(f): 12:16pm On Oct 31|
For our information
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207