Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:35 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (403651 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by agabusta: 9:38pm On May 21, 2015
ademasta:

Seriously? So you mean OSHAcademy courses are not recognized here in Naija?

Try and understand a post properly before rushing to comment.

Is OSHAcademy a consulting firm in Nigeria? The certificates I said are not regarded are those from all these consulting and training firms cropping up at every corner claiming to offer HSE courses & certificates.

If they are affiliated to recognized foreign HSE bodies, and what they do is to prepare a candidate to be examined by these bodies and given a certificate issued by such recognised HSE body, that's a different ball game. That's perfect.

Most of the certificates they issue on their own are not weighty and reckoned with, but as I said in my last post, that does not mean a candidate will not personally learn and gain from the courses offered by them.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by wroskian(m): 9:51pm On May 21, 2015
agabusta:

Try and digest my post.

OSHAcademy is not a consulting firm in Nigeria. And of course their courses are recognised.
But what of British International Safety Organization HSE certification offered by Novelle?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by wroskian(m): 9:55pm On May 21, 2015
Gentleme1:

Look out for a centre that is accredited by NEBOSH directly. I know that as of now only 11 training centres are directly accredited. I did mine in 2012 with one in Lagos called Novelle. Check them out on www.novellecenter.com they are accredited and they run their courses every month. They are good
What can you say about British International Safety Organization HSE certification offered by Novelle?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by agabusta: 10:23pm On May 21, 2015
seribroo56:
thanks for your reply, please i want youto analyze tjis front cover

I don't really get you. But I think my initial post to you and subsequent ones should have answered your question.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by seribroo56(m): 11:45pm On May 21, 2015
agabusta:

I don't really get you. But I think my initial post to you and subsequent ones should have answered your question.
ok, thanks i think i will go for the training....
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by chidi4eze(m): 7:41am On May 22, 2015
Please am a young graduate of human physiology and would love to go into Hse.. How do I begin and what are the prospects in this career.. Tanx
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ademasta(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2015
agabusta:

Try and understand a post properly before rushing to comment.

Is OSHAcademy a consulting firm in Nigeria? The certificates I said are not regarded are those from all these consulting and training firms cropping up at every corner claiming to offer HSE courses & certificates.

If they are affiliated to recognized foreign HSE bodies, and what they do is to prepare a candidate to be examined by these bodies and given a certificate issued by such recognised HSE body, that's a different ball game. That's perfect.

Most of the certificates they issue on their own are not weighty and reckoned with, but as I said in my last post, that does not mean a candidate will not personally learn and gain from the courses offered by them.
@Agabusta(my oga@d top), I wasn't in anyway condemning your post, i just wanted to know if the OSHAcademy CVs can add value to my resume. I enrolled for their 132hr OSH course and i'm done with it but, never purchased the certificate(s). Also planning to start the 233 Oil and Gas.... So the question is, how valuable are the CVs on my resume if combined with ISPON HSE? Tnx boss.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by seribroo56(m): 6:45pm On May 22, 2015
Hi Sleekyshuga how haas your day been .. I was brosing through nairaland for name of reputable firms that offer hse... And i stumbled upon your diary...please i would love to know under what firm you did yours,and since you are still in school,i belive it is not that expensive ... I would appriciate your prompt responce ...thanks
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:59pm On May 22, 2015
seribroo56:
Hi Sleekyshuga how haas your day been .. I was brosing through nairaland for name of reputable firms that offer hse... And i stumbled upon your diary...please i would love to know under what firm you did yours,and since you are still in school,i belive it is not that expensive ... I would appriciate your prompt responce ...thanks

Nice.. I did mine with JobSkills Training Institute (JTI), though they have an affiliation with OshaAcademy, USA & NEBOSH.

Prices varies, depending on the particular course you want to be trained on.. Ours was more of a 'bonus', courtesy of, they brought the program to my school..

It was a 3-days program, with an exam on the 3rd day to ascertain if you understood all you were taught..

Certificate + handouts = #20,000.

You can check them out: www.jobskillgroup.com.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by seribroo56(m): 7:08pm On May 22, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Nice.. I did mine with JobSkills Training Institute (JTI), though they have an affiliation with OshaAcademy, USA.

Prices varies, depending on the particular course you want to be trained on.. Ours was more of a 'bonus', courtesy of, they brought the program to my school..

It was a 3-days program, with an exam on the 3rd day to ascertain if you understood all you were taught..

Certificate + handouts = #20,000.

You can check them out: www.jobskillgroup.com.
thanks a lot i am very grateful ...i am planning on doing an hse program,same with yours they brough it to us in school,i just wanted to confirm if all this firms and institute can be trusted... Thanks again
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:12pm On May 22, 2015
seribroo56:
thanks a lot i am very grateful ...i am planning on doing an hse program,same with yours they brough it to us in school,i just wanted to confirm if all this firms and institute can be trusted... Thanks again
Oooogh!! Still JobSkills?

I dunno of others but JobSkills gave their full assurance..

You are most welcomed.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by seribroo56(m): 12:14am On May 23, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
Oooogh!! Still JobSkills?
I dunno of others but JobSkills gave their full assurance..
You are most welcomed.
no not jobskil, but this guys look trustworthy
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by snogjoe: 6:47am On May 23, 2015
Pls.anyone that has the NEBOSH soft copy materials should forward them to my mail which is 'sunnyjoe23b@yahoo.com' Thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:47am On May 23, 2015
seribroo56:
no not jobskil, but this guys look trustworthy
Aiite.. Success.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by deprince77: 5:27am On May 24, 2015
Hello House, I have been following this post for a while. I have to say that Nigeria is yet to really make a strong move into HSE as obtained in EU & America. Though the commitment is gradually coming up from relevant bodies.

As for me, I have a elect/elect undergrad background, obtained nebosh oil & gas, will be writing nebosh Int'l Diploma July, postgrad student safety eng UK. I believe Nig will get there with our strong devotion and commitment to HSE.

Always make it safe for you, others and the environment!!!

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by adeoye201: 10:14am On May 24, 2015
you claim OSHAcademy is not accredited yet that is what we are using to work here in Qatar in addition to NEBOSH. I tire for una o

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by segbas(m): 3:52pm On May 24, 2015
I tire oo my brother, if you are working with any US company that is what they will ask from you and all OSHA accredited programs, If you have access to do any foreign program on HSE it is better my brothers..... am not saying getting accredited at home is not important, it is very very important but just to boost your CV and career all these foreign courses pays though it may cost you a lot, but my people you will get your money back in multiple folds...

Best of Luck to us all.

adeoye201:
you claim OSHAcademy is not accredited yet that is what we are using to work here in Qatar in addition to NEBOSH. I tire for una o

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by omicron(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2015
I understand that ISPON is fundamental to HSE career in Nigeria, as their membership is required to fully get the benefits of the profession -in Nigeria.

I also understand that NEBOSH and IOSH are more internationally recognised certifications with more global relevance, but not necessarily fundamental to practice in Nigeria.

Is the advice then to start one's HSE career in Nigeria by obtaining the ISPON General HSE first, and then proceed to get for example, NEBOSH IGC?

Will obtaining the ISPON HSE General be enough to make one a member of ISPON?

Please, house I need some clarifications.

From an HSE enthusiast smiley
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by snogjoe: 4:36am On May 26, 2015
[quote author=omicron post=34092836]I understand that ISPON is fundamental to HSE career in Nigeria, as their membership is required to fully get the benefits of the profession -in Nigeria.

I also understand that NEBOSH and IOSH are more internationally recognised certifications with more global relevance, but not necessarily fundamental to practice in Nigeria.

Is the advice then to start one's HSE career in Nigeria by obtaining the ISPON General HSE first, and then proceed to get for example, NEBOSH IGC?

Will obtaining the ISPON HSE General be enough to make one a member of ISPON?

Please, house I need some clarifications.

Ispon genera she can't qualify u to be a member of ispon which is (mnisp), u have to enrol for ispon level 3 hse accredited by shell (spdc).after dat, dats when u will be qualified to obtain ispon membership form.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by bl33d(m): 10:38am On May 26, 2015
Hello HOUSE! I recently graduated with a second class upper division(history and international relations) which of the courses is advisable it terms of getting the best out of life? And probably a chance to work in oil and gas? Your replies will be much appreciated.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by omicron(m): 10:40am On May 26, 2015
[quote author=snogjoe post=34097395][/quote]Ok.

But is passing the ISPON General a pre-condition for takin the HSE Level 3?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by agabusta: 8:49am On May 27, 2015
ademasta:

@Agabusta(my oga@d top), I wasn't in anyway condemning your post, i just wanted to know if the OSHAcademy CVs can add value to my resume. I enrolled for their 132hr OSH course and i'm done with it but, never purchased the certificate(s). Also planning to start the 233 Oil and Gas.... So the question is, how valuable are the CVs on my resume if combined with ISPON HSE? Tnx boss.

Pardon my hard response. I assumed you were being sarcastic. Yes of course, OSHAcademy certificate will definitely enrich your CV. Please get some money and purchase the certificates. When combined with ISPON HSE, it is perfect. But that does not mean you dont need other Safety professional courses for career enhancements and progression.

The OSHAcademy courses are well structured and better detailed and recognized than ISPON's. But within the context of HSE practice in Nigeria, you need the ISPON certificates especially now that they have been recognized by law.

ISPON played a fast one by ensuring its ACT contain a clause which empowers them to solely maintain a register of safety professionals in Nigeria. The implication of this is that with time, companies will not want to employ safety professionals that are not members of ISPON and as such, are not recognized as safety professionals by law.

It still baffles me how ISPON was able to lobby to get her bill signed into law, and was unable to also lobby to have the Nigeria OSH bill signed into law. The Nigeria OSH bill is of greater importance; apart from regulating Occupational health and safety in Nigeria and ensuring protection of employees, it will also stimulate employment generation in health and safety in Nigeria.

If GEJ still does not sign the bill into law by tomorrow 28th May, the incoming National Assembly will have to start work afresh on the bill. This will be quite sad, and I will be more disappointed in GEJ. The bill has been passed since 2012 by the current National Assembly and it has been awaiting presidential assent for almost 3 years.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ademasta(m): 10:00am On May 27, 2015
adeoye201:
Thank you bro.... I did 132hr and planning to do the 233hr oil and gas
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ademasta(m): 10:02am On May 27, 2015
segbas:
I tire oo my brother, if you are working with any US company that is what they will ask from you and all OSHA accredited programs, If you have access to do any foreign program on HSE it is better my brothers..... am not saying getting accredited at home is not important, it is very very important but just to boost your CV and career all these foreign courses pays though it may cost you a lot, but my people you will get your money back in multiple folds...

Best of Luck to us all.

Too much respect bro... I enjoyed your comment

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ademasta(m): 10:09am On May 27, 2015
agabusta:

Pardon my hard response. I assumed you were being sarcastic. Yes of course, OSHAcademy certificate will definitely enrich your CV. Please get some money and purchase the certificates. When combined with ISPON HSE, it is perfect. But that does not mean you dont need other Safety professional courses for career enhancements and progression.

The OSHAcademy courses are well structured and better detailed and recognized than ISPON's. But within the context of HSE practice in Nigeria, you need the ISPON certificates especially now that they have been recognized by law.

ISPON played a fast one by ensuring its ACT contain a clause which empowers them to solely maintain a register of safety professionals in Nigeria. The implication of this is that with time, companies will not want to employ safety professionals that are not members of ISPON and as such, are not recognized as safety professionals by law.

It still baffles me how ISPON was able to lobby to get her bill signed into law, and was unable to also lobby to have the Nigeria OSH bill signed into law. The Nigeria OSH bill is of greater importance; apart from regulating Occupational health and safety in Nigeria and ensuring protection of employees, it will also stimulate employment generation in health and safety in Nigeria.

If GEJ still does not sign the bill into law by tomorrow 28th May, the incoming National Assembly will have to start work afresh on the bill. This will be quite sad, and I will be more disappointed in GEJ. The bill has been passed since 2012 by the current National Assembly and it has been awaiting presidential assent for almost 3 years.

Wow, you have the knowledge.... Thank you very much for sharing it. ISPON all the way! @Agabusta, i salute you plenty plenty

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by oluwarphemmy: 10:33am On May 28, 2015
Am a graduate wit Msc in applied geophysics, 2.1 in my bsc, geology wit both NEBOSH IGC AND IOGC Technical oil and gas. Can dis help in securing a job?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by legalalien(m): 4:15pm On May 28, 2015
Thanks to everyone that has contributed and inquired on this thread, just came across it today as I was in search of some good info on what to do regarding the ISPON SHE. I was adviced by a colleague to do iSPON SHE level 2 and 3 but afterwards, where do I go on from there as I know that hasn't guaranteed me practicing as an HSE officer or does it?
Secondly, what other certification would I need to put me on track for an opportunity in the oil and gas/ construction field. Iv heard and read a lot and its confusing me as people are coming up with different options that don't tally with others. Some make mention of the ones recognized internationally and so on.
Please brief advice would be appreciated.
Godbless.
Stephennicholasltd@gmail.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by snogjoe: 8:18pm On May 28, 2015
Guy,what u have are bombs in d oil and gas industry. Ur msc option(geophysics) is d most preferred in geology in oil and gas. Ur nebosh certificates qualifies u to work as a safety personnel while as 4ur geology and geophysics, they will just train u little and u are good to go as regards working both onshore and offshore. U are good to go bro.

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Guninerma231: 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hello everyone, I just stumbled upon this thread while searching for info on NEBOSH..im a Pharmacist and want to take up a professional in HSE, pls I nid advise on a headway and can anyone email me the nebosh material and past questions...thank you
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by yettiepweety(f): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2015
Pls I need ur help, I want to register for general HSE pls does any 1 has any idea of a place I can register
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kcwitch(m): 10:29am On Jun 09, 2015
yettiepweety:
Pls I need ur help, I want to register for general HSE pls does any 1 has any idea of a place I can register

ISPON, lagos
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by neyosea25(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
I called the chairman of Ispon Lagos branch today to inquire about their courses and which level i can start the HSE at his branch. He told me that as a graduate i have to start from general HSE and will skip HSE 2 and do HSE 3. Note i did Applied Geophysics and have seen a geology graduate who did HSE 2 instead of General HSE and proceeded to HSE3 at Ispon. Cos i was expecting to start from HSE 2 to 3. Please, house is that the new requirement?

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59