Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (405559 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2011
nolongtin:

am a HSE ,manager for a top firm here in the uk,is hse now big in 9ja ?

@nolongtin,, In my opinion, HSE still has a long way to go in Nigeria, nevertheless, as more organisations are seeking to build their reputations as global brands, HSE will be given some more place in the scheme of  things. I am also aware that NISP has been actively involved in lobbying for the passage of an HSE related bill in the house of assembly. Generally speaking, I think all these are pointers to the increasing prominence of HSE in Nigeria.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2011
Nosyke:

Hi  All great work by all of you that have conributed so far, I am a Biochemistry Graduate and would want to go the HSE way, please senior members advise me on which part would be most relevant to my background?
Also, is there any NISP study center in Abuja.
I will appreciate your responses, thanks.

@Nosyke,  to begin with,I think you should take a General HSE course before looking at 'specializing'. I believe NISP should have a centre in Abuja (according to info on the website!) . Check out WWW.NISPNGERIA.ORG.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Chimonie(m): 1:24am On Jul 06, 2011
Please, after HSE levels 2 n 3 with certificates collected. what next? can that give me a job? Do I have to go for NISP membership?
I need something doing with these certificates to fetch me money. sad
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:20am On Jul 06, 2011
Chimonie:

Please, after HSE levels 2 n 3 with certificates collected. what next? can that give me a job? Do I have to go for NISP membership?
I need something doing with these certificates to fetch me money. sad

@Chimonie, as with other certificates (qualifications), HSE levels 2 & 3 certificates will not automatically translate into a 'JOB' neither does NISP membership. The idea is generally (for most people), one of positioning themselves to be able to qualify for the job or other opportunities when they do show up.

Haven said that, you will of course have to consider your general circumstance and weigh the pros & cons before deciding that investing your time & resources in going for the NISP membership at this point in your career/life is worthwhile.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Chimonie(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Brainwave
Thanks bro. You too much!!!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
Chimonie:

@Brainwave
Thanks bro. You too much!!!

@Chimonie, u're welcome but na only GOD too much o! wink Thankx 4 contributing your quota to this thread as well! Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by cindy200(f): 9:52am On Jul 08, 2011
hello everyone, please i need your ideas and help. I am a fresh graduate of microbiology and i am looking to go into HSE but i dont know the certification courses am supposed to take. You all are talking ISO,NISP,NEBOSH etc and it all sounds strange.please i need your advice,best place to start and how to go from there.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2011
cindy200:

hello everyone, please i need your ideas and help. I am a fresh graduate of microbiology and i am looking to go into HSE but i dont know the certification courses am supposed to take. You all are talking ISO,NISP,NEBOSH etc and it all sounds strange.please i need your advice,best place to start and how to go from there.

@cindy200, to your question of the best place to start & how to go from there, I will reiterate what I've said on this thread i.e, for folks that want to test the HSE waters or generally satisfy their curiousity about the discipline et.c, NISP courses are still one of the best and least expensive I know of. Endeavour to take time to read through this thread from the begining (if you can) & you'll get a better idea of how to get into the HSE line / how the whole thing works. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by cindy200(f): 7:32am On Jul 09, 2011
Thank you brainwave.appreciate.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 12:02am On Jul 10, 2011
cindy200:

Thank you brainwave.appreciate.

U're welcome!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by djbiskit(m): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2011
Well, am Safety certified and undergo trainings 4 my clients online via an american safety academy, recognised worldwide. This offer is 4 beginners in d safety mgt certification, most of my clients are corpers and jobseekers, coz d price is quite low compared to nisp and nebosh. Coz d American govt has subsidized it. For more details on d course mail me or call. Bewithdjosh@yahoo.com, 07035255575 or 08180534833
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by djbiskit(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2011
@cindyfm. I have d perfect solution for a starter in HSE. Send me ur email, let me give u detailed info on Safety Mgt certification course online which I organise for corpers and jobseekers from through an American academy. Its cheaper dan nisp ansd nebosh and recognised by ASHM and INSM. Dis are world class safety org. 08180534833 or bewithdjosh@yahoo.com, 07035255575
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by popeben(m): 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2011
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by sohail512: 10:36am On Jul 28, 2011
hello everyone
its very nice to see you all talking about HSE in a professional way, i have done mechanical engineering plus i do have nebosh certification, i have got distinction with score of 248 marks in nebosh which is 2nd highest in my country up till now any one wants guidance is welcomed, guys i am working in oil and gas environment please do tell me any oil and gas jobs opportunities in Nigeria especially on a drilling rigs , i ll appreciate that, thank you all
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by cejo(m): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2011
I WANT TO ENCOURAGE ALL WHO R NURSING AN AMBITION IN PURSUING A CAREER IN SAFETY N THOSE ALREADY IN SAFETY PRACTICE TO ENDEAVOR TO ATTEND THIS YEAR ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) IN WARRI DELTA STATE. DATE:24TH-26TH OCTOBER 2011.
U WIL BE GLAD U ATTENDED SO BEGIN 2 MAKE PLANS.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by ajila03(m): 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2011
Does any one here knows about international Association of safety professionals and their various certifications
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by davoe2000: 11:52pm On Aug 03, 2011
Hi guys, just written the nebosh exams. can any body info me if they know abt any job opening on health and safety. tnx
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by cejo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2011
@davoe2000,jus google it u wil find enof info,pls hw much did d NEBOSH cost u and what type is it cos i was meant 2 understand dat there diff types diploma, national cert, IGC etc.
INFORMATION PLS
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by davoe2000: 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2011
i did the international general certificate cost 345k
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by sohail512: 6:20am On Aug 08, 2011
hello guys
i am in search of job , please if you find any job that can suit me do tell me please, i am mechanical engr plus nebosh certified, thanzzz
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Engraced01: 2:33am On Aug 10, 2011
I want to appreciate all the contributors here, you've done a great work.
Please, I am a new entrant to this field and I have registered for the NISP general HSE certificate. I however hope to pursue a career in this field, but can't get any vacancy for a new entrant like myself. Please, can the house help me with information that will be of help? I need a job now (in HSE) to start with, not for the pay, but for the experience.
Please, can someone help?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by cosby(m): 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2011
keep em coming. someone is learning.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2011
Engraced01:

I want to appreciate all the contributors here, you've done a great work.
Please, I am a new entrant to this field and I have registered for the NISP general HSE certificate. I however hope to pursue a career in this field, but can't get any vacancy for a new entrant like myself. Please, can the house help me with information that will be of help? I need a job now (in HSE) to start with, not for the pay, but for the experience.
Please, can someone help?

@Engraced01, what's your background i.e qualifications / work experience prior to your registration with NISP?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2011
cosby:

keep em coming. someone is learning.

@Cosby, just as your signature states, 'Na God' wink
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by sohail512: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2011
@brainwave
are you experienced person in field of HSE??
please share with us
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2011
sohail512:

@brainwave
are you experienced person in field of HSE??
please share with us

@sohail512,, u're welcome!!! I've got some experience but hey 'no man is an island, I'm also here to learn' smiley
We've been sharing on HSE related issues right from page 1 of this thread, can you be more specific on the information you need?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Engraced01: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2011
@ Brainwave, thank you very much for your concern sir. I actually finished with my NYSC two months ago and since then, I have not taken up any job yet. I had B.Tech Agricultural Engineering but I have never had any work experience relating to HSE. My I.T and NYSC service year work experiences were basically on mechanization. However, I have a passion for HSE and this is the reason why I am asking for an opportunity to start a career in HSE.
Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2011
Engraced01:

@ Brainwave, thank you very much for your concern sir. I actually finished with my NYSC two months ago and since then, I have not taken up any job yet. I had B.Tech Agricultural Engineering but I have never had any work experience relating to HSE. My I.T and NYSC service year work experiences were basically on mechanization.  However, I have a passion for HSE and this is the reason why I am asking for an opportunity to start a career in HSE.
Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

@Engraced01, , O.K I understand now. One advice I'll give is that u make use of the networking opportunity NISP study would afford u i.e, make friends with course mates while on d training, get their contacts and keep in touch with them even after the course. Look out for those who seem serious minded or are already working in HSE in the class and keep in touch with them for HSE job opening info. I have a colleague who got his HSE job this way i.e, through a friend he met during the NISP course. And of course, not 4getting the GOD factor in all these, just give it ur best shot, brother. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by sohail512: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2011
@brainwave
yeah buddy, i am NEBOSH certified mechanical engineer working as HSE Engineer in the field of Oil and gas, i just meant to say that we should also share job openings in the HSE field because many position are filled with in the companies with reference or contacts , we being a professional like myself who are working in HSE environment should share the job openings so that the persons who are looking for job or who are new to HSE may drop their resumes accordingly , what you say bro,
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by boloase(m): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2011
This forum is quite educating. I did Hse level 2 wit jpts(dnt knw if any 1 know of dem). I wanted 2 proceed to level 3 bt am skeptic abt them. If any1 has idea abt their recogntion or a beta facilitator pls share wit me. One love!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2011
@brainwave, i'm glad how u've kept this thread going since 2008 years, and it's really educating. thanks to evry1 dat has made contributions. i'm hoping to start an HSE course early next yr.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.