Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? (28595 Views)

The Secet Of Salatil Fatih Exposed / Al-fatih-ul-quareeb Forum! - Just Established! / Al-fatih-ul-quareeb Forum! - Just established! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by dragnet: 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2015
WRONG

1 Like

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by walexsho(m): 7:36am On Aug 23, 2016
The only wrong practice is the spread of white cloth on Friday
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by mustymatic(m): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2016
There is no other revelation after the prophet
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by mustymatic(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2016
walexsho:
The only wrong practice is the spread of white cloth on Friday
Not only that, saying it's beta than Quran or any of the prophetic message is against the Sharia
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Uthman75: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2016
Imat95:
Firstly i wl ask u, is prophet muhammed that brings it to us, capital NO, so dia is a person called ibrahim niyass popularly knwn as tijaniya said he get an inspiration 4rm prophet muhammed, say he should be recitn solatul fatih, and all of us known dat dia wl be no inspiration after d death of prophet muhammed(saw) so prophet had brings urs wot we shall be doing,dat is solatul ibrahimiyah,so any people dat refuse dat he/she wl be recitn solat fatih and we had explain 4hm and stl stand still on it is a shirik.

Like wise, Being in the internet is also shirk because so many things that we have now is not brought by Ya Rasulillah (S.A.W). cool

1 Like

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by OLAJADON: 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
AlBaqir:

There are two opposing view concerning as-salat Fatih.
1. Those who condemned it reasoned that it was not prescribed by the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household). They further argued that what is established from the prophet is Salat Ibrahimiyah : "O Allah! Bless Muhammad and the household of Muhammad in exact manner you have blessed Ibrahim and the household of Ibrahim..."

These group deem any other form of 'salat ala Nabiyy' apart from the one above as 'Bid'ah - Innovation' which will lead to hell.

2. The second group also believe in the above salat Ibrahimiyah and they practice it esp. during tashahud but also recite an additional salat Nabiyy called "salat al-Fatih" and it reads:

"O God bless our Master Muhammad (pbuh) who opened what had been closed, and who is the Seal of what had gone before, he who makes the Truth Victorious by the Truth, the guide to thy straight path, and bless his household as is the due of his immense position and grandeur"

My humble Opinion
A. Seeking salawat upon the blessed Muhammad and his purified household is commanded by Allah in the holy Quran. It carries magnificent reward to the extent that "whoever prays and did not salute and send blessing on the prophet and his household, his prayer (salat) is void" ~Imam Shafi'i.

B. When the command of sending blessing upon the prophet was revealed, the companions ask how to go about it and the prophet (peace be on him and his household) recommended "salat Ibrahimiyyah". The question whoever is can we compose another form of praise and salawat for Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) in addition to salat ibrahimiyyah?

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong in doing that so far we did not abandon the initial one!

C. Going through the text of Salat al-Fatih, every single verse of the salat is in perfect harmony with the holy Quran and the recommended salat ibrahimiyyah.

D. Those who say it is wrong to recite salat al-fatih because it was not established by the prophet (peace be on him and his household) himself should bring prove why they themselves practice the following while it can NEVER be established as practice authorize by the prophet:

i. "Allahuma sali ala Muhammad wa ala ahlihi wa ala as'abihi ajmain"
NB: what is recommended is the unbolded part. Prophet NEVER authorized the bolded part. We only use our initiatives to add the companions as a result of their selfless contributions.

ii. Saying of "RadiAllahu anhum/Ridwanullah alayhi" after the name of the companions.
Even the companions themselves NEVER practice such not to mention the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household).

iii. Praying of Tarawih.
Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) NeVER institutionalized it. In fact he kicked against it and the 2nd khalifa who institutionalized it called it "Bid'ah Hassanat (good innovation)". He never tagged it as "Sunnati Nabiyy (practice of the prophet)".

E. The grave danger and controversy concerning salat al-Fatih is when some of its adherents begin to insinuate and make juxtapositions that the 'salat' is greater than Quran or can replace obligatory salat etc.

Allah knows best.

Salam alaykum
salam, I concur with what you have written...some Muslims believe that reciting 3 solatul fatih has cover a daily solatul, some even say without ablution if you recite solatul fatih it is enough for you obligatory solat.
Also I know of people that don't recite both the ibrahimiyah and fatih.
my humble suggestion is that it is best one should avoid any innovation either fatih or ibrahimiyah or any other that one does not find concrete evidence that the prophet practiced them.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
OLAJADON:

salam, I concur with what you have written...some Muslims believe that reciting 3 solatul fatih has cover a daily solatul, some even say without ablution if you recite solatul fatih it is enough for you obligatory solat.
my humble suggestion is that it is best one should avoid any innovation either fatih or ibrahimiyah or any other that one does not find concrete evidence that the prophet practiced them.

Ibrahimiyyah is not an innovation, salati fatih is, so ibrahimiyyah shouldn't be avoided, we use it in our obligatory salaah.

Allaahumma sali 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala ahli Muhammad and so on.

1 Like

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
OLAJADON:

There are plentiful evidences for salat Ibrahimiyyah.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Empiree: 3:00am On May 15, 2017
Empiree:
SubhannaLahi!

He explained Solati Fatih with some details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPmX-ca19GA

Love his explanation
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by shawl: 2:43pm On May 16, 2017
^

may Allah raise his maqam. Amin.

@Empiree's dad kwo?

1 Like

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Empiree: 2:46pm On May 16, 2017
shawl:
^

may Allah raise his maqam. Amin.

@Empire.e's dad kwo?
lool...alhamdulilah...he dey cheesy
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by shawl: 2:51pm On May 16, 2017
Empiree:
lool...alhamdulilah...he dey cheesy

I mean, is he?

Felt that he is.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Empiree: 3:34pm On May 16, 2017
shawl:

I mean, is he?

Felt that he is.
Lol, you dont know the man in the video?. That's a famous man in Lagos called "babaloworo" bcus he resides in oworonshoki in Lagos. He has a program called "Dawatul haq" Ipe Ododo for a very long time. I watched the program growing up. He is not my dad cheesy
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by shawl: 8:18pm On May 16, 2017
^
lol
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by OLAZK(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2018
My name is Zikirullah.
Jazakhumullah khairan to brother Baqir, the fundamentalist and to all those that have contributed to this chat.
I have gained alot, May Allah increase us all in knowledge and guide us all to the right path.
Let's say Ameen.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Empiree: 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
Gone through this thread again. The way some brothers reason is very annoying despite glaring explanations presented. I hate this kind of silly rigidity. Strict adherence to text is not evidence of guidance. They simply read text mechanically. "Solati Ibrahimiyah" is simple a formula. It is never a direct darood for the prophet(saw). It is rather asking Allah's Blessings as He as done in the past o him(saw). This is humble position of the prophet just like he humbled himself when he said he is not the best of the prophets and messengers as narrated in the hadith below. Yet, all muslims or majority of us believe nabi(saw) is the best of the prophets or imam of ambiya.

Hadith 4:608
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "One should not say that I am better than Jonah (i.e. Yunus) bin Matta." So, he mentioned his father Matta. The Prophet mentioned the night of his Ascension and said, "The prophet Moses was brown, a tall person as if from the people of the tribe of Shanu'a. Jesus was a curly-haired man of moderate height." He also mentioned Malik, the gate-keeper of the (Hell) Fire, and Ad-Dajjal.

In another versions of the hadith, the headline is titled "Hadith Of Humility"

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No servant should say that I am better than Jonah son of Mata.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “Whoever says that I am better than Jonah son of Mata has told a lie.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3234, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2373

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

Yet the whole of muslims ummah believe prophet Muhammad(saw) is best of mankind and leader of all prophets that came before him because of many other ahadith and verses of Qur'an itself.. So the above hadith is simply humble comment by the prophet(saw). If you see a man boosting and attributing everything to his himself and his status is a jahil. You can hardly see intelligent people claim they have best of knowledge. Rather it is others that praise them. The same applies to solati Ibrahimmiya. It is indirectly sending salaams on the prophet. It is obligatory upon his ummah to to directly send Darood Shareef on him. So nothing is wrong with solati fatih. This argument should be put to stop. It is getting annoying. Whoever doesn't want to recite fatih is free to do so but please stop saying it is innovation because it is not. There are plenty of evidences in hadith where sohaba formed their own du'a, dhikr etc, in the presence of nabi and nabi(saw) had no problems with them.

Again, this is "Solati Fatih" they called "innovation".

O God bless our Master Muhammad (pbuh) who opened what had been closed, and who is the Seal of what had gone before, he who makes the Truth Victorious by the Truth, the guide to thy straight path, and bless his household as is the due of his immense position and grandeur.

So critics need to point out what is anti-islam in this phrases?. As for solati fatih having greater status over Qur'an, this was explained many times. Best explanation so far came from Sheikh Muhammad Mustapha Ashile (d. 1999). So i don't understand why critics focus on whatever suits them to criticize everything they understand not. Solati fatih is not greater than Qur'an. It is the same as when nabi (saw) enjoined his companions to recite entire Qur'an before going to bed and he(saw) pointed out sura ikhlas equal to reciting Qur'an. This is euphemism.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2018
Just tell us you have something better than that of the messenger (salallahu alaihim wa sallam ) , instead of going around circles

angry sad sad sad
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Empiree: 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
Fundamentalist:
Just tell us you have something better than that of the messenger (salallahu alaihim wa sallam ) , instead of going around circles

angry sad sad sad
In 2018 you still think like a jahil� smh. Reset your brain bro
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
Empiree:
In 2018 you still think like a jahil� smh. Reset your brain bro

You're insults does no harm to me , I'm more concerned about the poison you are pitting in peoples hearts in the name of knowledge , just say it openly that you are not interested in what the messenger brought and stop blabbing
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Empiree: 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2018
Fundamentalist:

You're insults does no harm to me , I'm more concerned about the poison you are pitting in peoples hearts in the name of knowledge , just say it openly that you are not interested in what the messenger brought and stop blabbing

We will continue going in cycle. Albaqir already did justice to this thread. You ended up quoting without reference. Same thing you and abdelkabir accused me of. angry Now you cant help yourself. There is absolutely no restriction when it comes to darood and there is no restriction where and when it can be done.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 11:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
Empiree:
We will continue going in cycle. Albaqir already did justice to this thread. You ended up quoting without reference. Same thing you and abdelkabir accused me of. angry Now you cant help yourself. There is absolutely no restriction when it comes to darood and there is no restriction where and when it can be done.

I expected less when albaqir became your reference point. At that point I understood you need psychiatric diagnosis cry cry
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Empiree: 4:59am On Mar 20, 2018
Fundamentalist:

I expected less when albaqir became your reference point. At that point I understood you need psychiatric diagnosis cry cry
Stop emotional outcry. He used same method that you and your brother used against me. All you had to do was to answer him but you disappeared from the thread. Albaqir is not the focus of this talks. So leave him alone wink
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 8:24am On Mar 20, 2018
Fundamentalist:

angry sad sad sad

# Don't you know Salat Ibrahimiyah is going to be a Hujjat against you on the day of Qiyamat ni?

* In the Salat, you are asking Allah (via Prophet's command) to grant Muhammad and his ahl al-bayt the exact salat (praise) and Barakat (blessings) He has given to Ibrahim and ahl al-bayt of Ibrahim.

* If you are one of those that read the meaning of Quran, you will easily read that:

1. Allah preferred and choose Ibrahim and his righteous children above mankind [surah Ahli Imran: 33 - 34]

2. Allah made Ibrahim and the righteous children Imam over mankind. [surah al-Baqara: 124]

3. Allah grant Ibrahim and his children exclusive wisdom, book and kingdom (rulership) [surah an-Nisa: 54]

# Those three highlights (and more) are what you continue "seeking" for Nabi Muhammad and his children. Those were what the righteous sahabah (not the criminals among them o) also sought for.

- Now the question is, does the prayer accepted or not?

- Do you regard the Children of Muhammad as preferred and the chosen ones above mankind?

- Do you regard them as Allah's appointed Aimma (Imams) over mankind?

- Do you regard them as the most knowledgeable of the books of Allah and right owners of the great kingdom?

# This defeat your stubborn Sunni fundamental ideology. My advice is that you should abandon salat Ibrahimiyah and embrace salat fatih jéjély otherwise the former will stand against you in Qiyamat o
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Fundamentalist: 8:36am On Mar 20, 2018
AlBaqir:

# Don't you know Salat Ibrahimiyah is going to be a Hujjat against you on the day of Qiyamat ni?

* In the Salat, you are asking Allah (via Prophet's command) to grant Muhammad and his ahl al-bayt the exact salat (praise) and Barakat (blessings) He has given to Ibrahim and ahl al-bayt of Ibrahim.

* If you are one of those that read the meaning of Quran, you will easily read that:

1. Allah preferred and choose Ibrahim and his righteous children above mankind [surah Ahli Imran: 33 - 34]

2. Allah made Ibrahim and the righteous children Imam over mankind. [surah al-Baqara: 124]

3. Allah grant Ibrahim and his children exclusive wisdom, book and kingdom (rulership) [surah an-Nisa: 54]

# Those three highlights (and more) are what you continue "seeking" for Nabi Muhammad and his children. Those were what the righteous sahabah (not the criminals among them o) also sought for.

- Now the question is, does the prayer accepted or not?

- Do you regard the Children of Muhammad as preferred and the chosen ones above mankind?

- Do you regard them as Allah's appointed Aimma (Imams) over mankind?

- Do you regard them as the most knowledgeable of the books of Allah and right owners of the great kingdom?

# This defeat your stubborn Sunni fundamental ideology. My advice is that you should abandon salat Ibrahimiyah and embrace salat fatih jéjély otherwise the former will stand against you in Qiyamat o

I should abandon what the prophet brought for a fake salat like salatul fathi undecided undecided. i hope right minded individuals are reading this . i have already said this earlier , that this is your mission on nairaland , so you know better than the prophet angry angry

Empiree:
Stop emotional outcry. He used same method that you and your brother used against me. All you had to do was to answer him but you disappeared from the thread. Albaqir is not the focus of this talks. So leave him alone wink

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 10:44am On Mar 20, 2018
Fundamentalist:

I should abandon what the prophet brought for a fake salat like salatul fathi undecided undecided. i hope right minded individuals are reading this . i have already said this earlier , that this is your mission on nairaland , so you know better than the prophet angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin

# Your case is like Christian who observe 5 daily salat. It has no probative value for him.

# Again, you have no right doing salat Ibrahimiyah. Its definitely gonna be against you on the day of Qiyamat if you do not put right your Aqeedatu Sunniyah. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by adejaresalami1(m): 3:37pm On Mar 22, 2018
I have for long known that empiree, al- baqir are both of the same genre......The methods and motive propelled by you two have times without number thoroughly unmasked here. Your way may suit the way of the world. But the day of their account will eventually come. For the good must ultimately triumph.

We as sunniyun, where we see or hear truth held in light esteem, we ought to make our protest and withdraw from such company, not out of arrogance, as if we thought ourselves superior to other people, but out of real humility , lest our own nature be corrupted in such society. But it is possible that our protest or sincere remonstrance may change the theme of discourse

In that case we have done good to those who were inclined to hold truth in light esteem, for we have save them for ridiculing the truth.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by Empiree: 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
^^
You have problem with this?

Oh Allah bless our Master Muhammad (pbuh) who opened what had been closed, and who is the Seal of what had gone before, he who makes the Truth Victorious by the Truth, the guide to thy straight path, and bless his household as is the due of his immense position and grandeur.

The above is Haram? shocked
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by AlBaqir(m): 7:42am On Mar 23, 2018
adejaresalami1:
I have for long known that empiree, al- baqir are both of the same genre......The methods and motive propelled by you two have times without number thoroughly unmasked here. Your way may suit the way of the world. But the day of their account will eventually come. For the good must ultimately triumph.

We as sunniyun, where we see or hear truth held in light esteem, we ought to make our protest and withdraw from such company, not out of arrogance, as if we thought ourselves superior to other people, but out of real humility , lest our own nature be corrupted in such society. But it is possible that our protest or sincere remonstrance may change the theme of discourse

In that case we have done good to those who were inclined to hold truth in light esteem, for we have save them for ridiculing the truth.

# You are also challenged along with your fanatic brother. I am of the opinion that you so called "sunniyun" are not quality to recite Salat Ibrahimiyah. I have clearly stated my reasons above. And on that day of recount that you made mention, it will definitely be a great obstacle to you except you are stark ignorant of its meaning. Unfortunately, you have been informed now.
Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2018
Empiree:
Gone through this thread again. The way some brothers reason is very annoying despite glaring explanations presented. I hate this kind of silly rigidity. Strict adherence to text is not evidence of guidance. They simply read text mechanically. "Solati Ibrahimiyah" is simple a formula. It is never a direct darood for the prophet(saw). It is rather asking Allah's Blessings as He as done in the past o him(saw). This is humble position of the prophet just like he humbled himself when he said he is not the best of the prophets and messengers as narrated in the hadith below. Yet, all muslims or majority of us believe nabi(saw) is the best of the prophets or imam of ambiya.

Hadith 4:608
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "One should not say that I am better than Jonah (i.e. Yunus) bin Matta." So, he mentioned his father Matta. The Prophet mentioned the night of his Ascension and said, "The prophet Moses was brown, a tall person as if from the people of the tribe of Shanu'a. Jesus was a curly-haired man of moderate height." He also mentioned Malik, the gate-keeper of the (Hell) Fire, and Ad-Dajjal.

In another versions of the hadith, the headline is titled "Hadith Of Humility"

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No servant should say that I am better than Jonah son of Mata.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “Whoever says that I am better than Jonah son of Mata has told a lie.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3234, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2373

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim

Yet the whole of muslims ummah believe prophet Muhammad(saw) is best of mankind and leader of all prophets that came before him because of many other ahadith and verses of Qur'an itself.. So the above hadith is simply humble comment by the prophet(saw). If you see a man boosting and attributing everything to his himself and his status is a jahil. You can hardly see intelligent people claim they have best of knowledge. Rather it is others that praise them. The same applies to solati Ibrahimmiya. It is indirectly sending salaams on the prophet. It is obligatory upon his ummah to to directly send Darood Shareef on him. So nothing is wrong with solati fatih. This argument should be put to stop. It is getting annoying. Whoever doesn't want to recite fatih is free to do so but please stop saying it is innovation because it is not. There are plenty of evidences in hadith where sohaba formed their own du'a, dhikr etc, in the presence of nabi and nabi(saw) had no problems with them.

Again, this is "Solati Fatih" they called "innovation".

O God bless our Master Muhammad (pbuh) who opened what had been closed, and who is the Seal of what had gone before, he who makes the Truth Victorious by the Truth, the guide to thy straight path, and bless his household as is the due of his immense position and grandeur.

So critics need to point out what is anti-islam in this phrases?. As for solati fatih having greater status over Qur'an, this was explained many times. Best explanation so far came from Sheikh Muhammad Mustapha Ashile (d. 1999). So i don't understand why critics focus on whatever suits them to criticize everything they understand not. Solati fatih is not greater than Qur'an. It is the same as when nabi (saw) enjoined his companions to recite entire Qur'an before going to bed and he(saw) pointed out sura ikhlas equal to reciting Qur'an. This is euphemism.

Ma Sha Allah, may Almighty Allah continue to increase you in knowledge. Asalamu alaikum.

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by gausulwarah: 1:15am On Oct 02, 2019
C. Going through the text of Salat al-Fatih, every single verse of the salat is in perfect harmony with the holy Quran

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by gausulwarah: 1:23am On Oct 02, 2019
Narrated by ABU Hurairah I heard Allah's apostle saying that , "Noting is left of the prophetism Except Al-mubashirat." they asked "what are Al-mubashirat?" He replied, the true good dreams (conveyed glad tidings).

Volume 9 book 87 number 117

How can we do we deny what has not contradict with Quran and Hadith

Note: Sunna is not only what prophet Muhammad S.A.W did but also what he COMMAND us to do and what he did not CRITICIZED. Example prophet did not do Zikir in circles but it was Commanded in Hadith

Salam alaykum
May Allah forgive us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite? by gausulwarah: 10:15am On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=EsvRotimiJubril post=72829525][/quote]

May Allah bless you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? / Lodge Your Complaints Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.