Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Study In Latvia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Latvia (6941 Views)

Study In Latvia 2015 / Instant Photos Of My Christmas Holiday In Latvia / Latvia University Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study In Latvia by akinsjimmy: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2014
Please do we have any nigerian schooling presently in latvia? I just got admission in one their university, I need someone to guide me whether latvia is a good place to go. Your coment is highly appreciate
Re: Study In Latvia by Vicjustice: 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
akinsjimmy: Please do we have any nigerian schooling presently in latvia? I just got admission in one their university, I need someone to guide me whether latvia is a good place to go. Your coment is highly appreciate
There are some few Nigerian students in Latvia, but the general African population in Latvia is very remarkably small.
Latvian people are extremely shy by character, but the Russians (in Latvia) are just the opposite.
I posted an articles some time before in response to a person's claim about Latvia, so, here it is.
   Though, Latvia may not have the best standard of payment or the best economy,  but to be honest, you can not compare Latvia to the best country in Africa in terms of poverty or any good thing.
   This is a small Baltic country that one can say many, many good things about, and yes, there are loads of good things about Latvia: how do you think they joined the EU if they didn't meet the requirements?"
   The country has everything functioning and well organised, even so many things are more organised than they are in Ireland: Latvia is a small country that was invaded by Germany during the WW2, and later, they were under the USSR for many years until they became independent in 1992 and everything was in a mess then. But they built up their country to meet the EU standard, and then joined the EU in 2004, and then, they met the Schengen requirements and became a Schengen member state since Dec. 2007. They became visa free to Canada in same 2007, and in 2008, they joined the American visa waiver (which means, Latvian citizens do not require visa to visit the USA). . . .
   How do you think they made all these progresses if they have that kind of poverty like you claimed?
   My friend, get the facts right, Latvia is way better than the best country in Africa in every good thing.
   Now, for those of you thinking of going to Latvia, i will encourage you to go: know that it is a Schengen country and that their visa or Residence Permit entitles you to travel to every country in the EU (including Switzerland an Norway), but excluding England and Ireland, and yet, a visa for England and Ireland is as easy to get as buying a train ticket when you are applying from Latvia:
Note: The Russian Skin Head Racists in Latvia are extremely dangerous; they are extremely brutal and can attack a lone black man with deadly force if they happened to corner him in an area where there is no nearby rescue. So, it is important to ensure that you're always fit and athletic to enable you run fast for your life whenever you're being chased by those hooligans who are sometimes armed with jackknives
Note: I lived in Latvia for nearly 2 years.
Trivial: Latvian girls fancy black guys.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Study In Latvia by cutieme(m): 9:43am On Sep 16, 2014
Vicjustice pls how do one get their visa?thanks.
Re: Study In Latvia by Vicjustice: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2014
cutieme: Vicjustice pls how do one get their visa?thanks.
How does one get a visa for France?
Re: Study In Latvia by bis7(f): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2014
Lol.. The little I know and can talk about the processing is about two years ago I was looking into studying in Lativa as well and search informations online then I got the contact of the embassyin Egypt and talk to them about the docs needed and if needed be for an interview at the embassy which they said yes and give me an appointment a week later to submit the documents and gurantee me if it was complete they will give me the study visa but the problem start when I try to get a visit visa to Egypt and went thru an agent who chop my money tire and neva help. Anyway I abadon going then as my fund was low and I couldnt afford to pay even for my flight again .
Re: Study In Latvia by donsax: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
bis7: Lol.. The little I know and can talk about the processing is about two years ago I was looking into studying in Lativa as well and search informations online then I got the contact of the embassyin Egypt and talk to them about the docs needed and if needed be for an interview at the embassy which they said yes and give me an appointment a week later to submit the documents and gurantee me if it was complete they will give me the study visa but the problem start when I try to get a visit visa to Egypt and went thru an agent who chop my money tire and neva help. Anyway I abadon going then as my fund was low and I couldnt afford to pay even for my flight again .
Pls...What is latvia contact number in Egypt and how did you process admission.
Re: Study In Latvia by bis7(f): 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Search for Lativa embassy in Egypt or Lativa Mfa on Google for there embassy contact . And for study details lick on www.studies.lv
Re: Study In Latvia by Artorius(m): 4:50am On Sep 18, 2014
Vicjustice:
There are some few Nigerian students in Latvia, but the general African population in Latvia is very remarkably small.
Latvian people are extremely shy by character, but the Russians (in Latvia) are just the opposite.
I posted an articles some time before in response to a person's claim about Latvia, so, here it is.
   Though, Latvia may not have the best standard of payment or the best economy,  but to be honest, you can not compare Latvia to the best country in Africa in terms of poverty or any good thing.
   This is a small Baltic country that one can say many, many good things about, and yes, there are loads of good things about Latvia: how do you think they joined the EU if they didn't meet the requirement?"
   The country has everything functioning and well organised, even so many things are more organised than they are in Ireland: Latvia is a small country that was invaded by Germany during the WW2, and later, they were under the USSR for many years until they became independent in 1992 and everything was in a mess then. But they built up their country to meet the EU standard, and then joined the EU in 2004, and now, they have met the Schengen requirement and became a Schengen member state since Dec. 2007. They became visa free to Canada in same 2007, and in 2008, they joined the American visa waiver (which means, Latvian citizens do not require visa to visit the USA). . . .
   How do you think they made all these progress if they have that kind of poverty like you claimed?
   My friend, get the facts right, Latvia is way better than the best country in Africa in every good thing.
   Now, for those of you thinking of going to Latvia, i will encourage you to go: know that it is a Schengen country and that their visa or Residence Permit entitles you to travel to every country in the EU (including Switzerland an Norway), but excluding England and Ireland, and yet, a visa for England and Ireland is as easy to get as buying a train ticket when you are applying from Latvia:
Note: The Russian Skin Head Racists in Latvia are extremely dangerous; they are extremely brutal and can attack a lone black man with deadly force if they happened to corner him in an area where there is no nearby rescue. So, it is important to ensure that you're always fit and athletic to enable you run fast for your live whenever you're being chased by those hooligans are sometimes armed with jackknives
Note: I live in Latvia for nearly 2 years.
Trivial: Latvian girls fancy black guys.
I never read a better review

2 Likes

Re: Study In Latvia by moneybag100: 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
akinsjimmy: Please do we have any nigerian schooling presently in latvia? I just got admission in one their university, I need someone to guide me whether latvia is a good place to go. Your coment is highly appreciate
Bro...which university did you get admitted to? Undergraduate or graduate...what are the processing or documents you submitted for visa. Thanks.
Re: Study In Latvia by akinsjimmy: 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Still now I didn't have any nigerian contact schooling presently in latvia, I want to be sure before I take a move to latvia, currently I'm working in dubai for the past one year, if I want to go I have to quit my job, I need more conviction that latvia is good before I resign. Atleast half bread is better than non.
Re: Study In Latvia by cutieme(m): 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls @akinsjimmy how is life in dubai and how do one go abt getting a job there, thanks.
Re: Study In Latvia by Nobody: 2:38am On Nov 12, 2014
cutieme:
Pls @akinsjimmy how is life in dubai and how do one go abt getting a job there, thanks.
Please stay house bro to get a job in Dubai as a Nigerian is like looking for a tap water pump in a desert!! Heed this advice and it will helep u
Re: Study In Latvia by idoo4love: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
@akin .please how did u go about the requirement for their admission
Re: Study In Latvia by btee234: 10:28am On Jun 04, 2015
Hi everyone, I got admission to study in latvia and as you knw you have to go turkey or egypt to get there residence permit and visa , I am going thru turkey pls don't ask y turkey because egypt is so hard to get and I have to pay much money, turkey is more preferable for me now, pls I need help on the requirement for the visa here in turkey embassy in nigeria and what type of visa am to apply for , what document am I to go with wen going for the interview, I have check thru there website but nothing to write ome about, even search through google sef nothing is there too so pls I need you help guys it is urgent pls.
Re: Study In Latvia by clinician2x: 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
btee234:
Hi everyone, I got admission to study in latvia and as you knw you have to go turkey or egypt to get there residence permit and visa , I am going thru turkey pls don't ask y turkey because egypt is so hard to get and I have to pay much money, turkey is more preferable for me now, pls I need help on the requirement for the visa here in turkey embassy in nigeria and what type of visa am to apply for , what document am I to go with wen going for the interview, I have check thru there website but nothing to write ome about, even search through google sef nothing is there too so pls I need you help guys it is urgent pls.

How did you go about this man?

(1) (Reply)

Brazilian Visa / Fuel Tanker Explodes On Airport Road In Adamawa / $40billion, World's First Smart City Turns To Ghost Town In South Korea(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.