Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living (4012 Views)

Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Why Buhari Does Not Trust The DSS / Buhari Does Not Know The Difference Between "Surname" And "Other Names" (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
According to ‘Remuneration for former presidents, Heads of State, Heads of federal legislative Houses and Chief Justice of the Federation Act 2010 (SB 153)'., All Former Presidents and Heads of State are entitled to the SALARY of the Incumbent in office for a LIFE TIME.
These past leaders are paid an amount recommended from time to time by the Revenue and Mobilisation, Allocation, and Fiscal Commission and approved by the National Assembly as upkeep allowance, in addition to the pension entitlement contained in the 1999 Constitution. This upkeep entitlement is expected to be reviewed (upwards) from time to time, but subject to the approval of the National Assembly.
The Law is already in place to take care of the former leaders' Pension, Medicare, Yearly vacation abroad, Offices, and general maintenance.

General Buhari:

As a former Military Head of State, he is a beneficiary of this law in place and it is unfounded to question his source of maintenance, travels, holidays and others when there is a law taking care of that for his LIFE TIME.

Note: This means that Buhari and other former Military Rulers are excluded from benefit as Retired Military Men.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
This Thread is in Response to
noblezone: Does anybody know what Buhari does for a living?
Or has he been out of "job" since the death of Abacha?

Is he a political jobber?

Recently, Naaba told us he has been our of job since when he left the offfice of the Speaker of the House of Rep, people like that should not be allowed to near the corridors of power!

Those chanting the "sai Buhari" thing, should please educate some of us on what Buhari is doing for a living!

I greet you all.
Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
@Noblezone and others, I hope your question has been answered.

cc:Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, obiagelli , mynd44, descartes, egift, arewafederation, anago9000, anago900, bigass, donphilopus, BEREM, desola , demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , sweetlemon , lakpalakpa, omenka, ShehuAba , omenka , Rawani tribaleast kolaaderin soroptimist and all Progressives

4 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by blasterman(m): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
He is too old to be president when he was a young man in his 40s what did he do .

At this age he shd be an adviser when he is needed

7 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
blasterman: He is too old to be president when he was a young man in his 40s what did he do .

From How did he earn his money to what did he do? Here is what he did...

In my next post

3 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Mi992cR6Fzg/Ua3cJwU0WrI/AAAAAAAAidw/FyPl-xKu7Yg/s400/buhari.jpg[/img]
ECONOMY
Inherited a dwindling economy,
1. Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption and cleared the country's debt
2. Reduced Inflation from 23% to 3.21% within 20months.
3. Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity was $941.2, it Grew by 8.56 %
3. Refused to devalue the Naira
4. curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota.
5. Under Buhari, Hoarded Goods were Sold at prices below market.

CORRUPTION:
1. Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor of Kano State was jailed for 300Years because $4.5 million was said to be found "stacked up" in Zuwo's home when it was searched by the new military government. He died in 1989
2. Vice President Alex Ekwueme was jailed of corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from $56,000 found at his home
3. Fmr Bendel Governor Ambrose Alli was jailed for 100years for misappropriating funds belonging to Bendel State to the tune of N983,000. The Money was meant for road project but he donated it to his Party. He was later freed when Sir Gabriel Igbenedion paid fine to the Government.
4. A total of 4000 exGovernment officials submitted themselves to be tried for Corruption.Over 600 were Jailed Convicted and Jailed.
5. Many High profile Government officials, Businessmen, foreigners were jailed for one corrupt practice or the other.
6. Political office Holders, Businessmen, Contractors, civil servants and many others shunned corruption like a Plague

INSURGENCY
1. Maitatsine Group founded by Maitatsine Marwa, a Koranic scholar, rejected the hadith and the sunnah and regarded the reading of any other book but the Koran as paganism raised its head in 1979 during the Administration of President Shehu Shagari after he was contained by the Murtala and Obasanjo Administrations. Maitatsine spoke against the use of radios, watches, bicycles, cars and the possession of more money than necessary. Churches, Market, Police Formations, Government buildings etc was attacked leaving over FIVE thousand dead btw 1979 and 1981 (including Maitatsine).The Group moved to Kano, Borno, Kaduna, Gombe and environs. Over 4,000 people died(65% were insurgents). Buhari Crushed the Insurgency COMPLETELY within 16months. The 2i/c fled to Cameroon and was arrested in 2004.

OTHER SECURITY
1. There was high rate of armed robbery during Shagari's regime. Buhari stepped it, brought an end to armed robbery.
2. Introduced NURTW to checkmate "One Chance" and subsequently brought law and order.
3. Drug traffikers were executed.

PETROLEUM INFRASTRUCTURE
1. As NNPC Chairman, He was the man that Initiated and signed the construction contract of the existing Warri and Kaduna refineries. Two of the ONLY 3 Refineries In Nigeria. As at that time, Nigeria had just 1 Refinery-Portharcourt Refinery, established in 1965.

THE PRESS
He Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This is his only low but he was honest in his actions.

N/B: I deliberately refused to including Road Projects and others so as not to make it too bulky and boring.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by omenka(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
blasterman: He is too old to be president when he was a young man in his 40s what did he do .

Are you sure you are in the right thread

7 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
omenka: Are you sure you are in the right thread
I allowed them to make mockery of themselves first. I wanted to post it on the thread but for all to see, I decided to create a New Thread for it. I am sure they will STFU henceforth

5 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: @Noblezone and others, I hope your question has been answered.

cc:Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, obiagelli , mynd44, descartes, egift, arewafederation, anago9000, anago900, bigass, donphilopus, BEREM, desola , demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , sweetlemon , lakpalakpa, omenka, ShehuAba , omenka , Rawani tribaleast kolaaderin soroptimist and all Progressives

Is in the DMI gulag of Dictator Seun Osewa,he will be gone till 24th
Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by lakpalakpa: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
Nice response Barcanista.

I wonder why TAN insists on recruiting nincompoops and silly oafs with deficient reasoning abilities.

Thanks for putting the fools where they belong.

8 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
beopened:

Is in the DMI gulag of Dictator S.eun Ose.wa,he will be gone till 24th
oh lolsss the most important is that you can make comment. You see those Jonathans and their propaganda? See how they are avoiding thread like a plague..lol
Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Rilwayne001: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
*spread mat*

1 Like

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
lakpalakpa: Nice response Barcanista.

I wonder why TAN insists on recruiting nincompoops and silly oafs with deficient reasoning abilities.

Thanks for putting the fools where they belong.

Thank you brother. It is good that they are the ones disgracing themselves. How can a sensible person signup with a group like TAN?

4 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
Nigerian youths ( especially the ethnoreligious bigots among them) are a danger unto both themselves and the nation! The kind of down-low thought that emanates from their brains will make genius of a child with Down's syndrome

To think that an educated youth will be asking what GMB a Former Head of State does for a living or how was he able to afford armoured vehicles make me shudder at the silliness and pettiness of their failed existence

@Barcanista Keep up the good job you are doing on here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by oshyno(m): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
U have just made a mockery of ursef.

Soo invariably Buhari lives on pension. Daz silly to think he has contested presidential election 3 times , bankrolled election petitions with pension savings ? C'mon

Uv gat to do more than what u just spewed.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
beopened: Nigerian youths ( especially the ethnoreligious bigots among them) are a danger unto both themselves and the nation! The kind of down-low thought that emanates from their brains will make genius of a child with Down's syndrome

To think that an educated youth will be asking what GMB a Former Head of State does for a living or how was he able to afford armoured vehicles make me shudder at the silliness and pettiness of their failed existence

@Barcanista Keep up the good job you are doing on here
Thank you brother. It is sad that some people are driven by hate and not objectivity

3 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by manny4life(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: According to ‘Remuneration for former presidents, Heads of State, Heads of federal legislative Houses and Chief Justice of the Federation Act 2010 (SB 153)'., All Former Presidents and Heads of State are entitled to the SALARY of the Incumbent in office for a LIFE TIME.
These past leaders are paid an amount recommended from time to time by the Revenue and Mobilisation, Allocation, and Fiscal Commission and approved by the National Assembly as upkeep allowance, in addition to the pension entitlement contained in the 1999 Constitution. This upkeep entitlement is expected to be reviewed (upwards) from time to time, but subject to the approval of the National Assembly.
The Law is already in place to take care of the former leaders' Pension, Medicare, Yearly vacation abroad, Offices, and general maintenance.

General Buhari:

As a former Military Head of State, he is a beneficiary of this law in place and it is unfounded to question his source of maintenance, travels, holidays and others when there is a law taking care of that for his LIFE TIME.

Note: This means that Buhari and other former Military Rulers are excluded from benefit as Retired Military Men.

Unless if I misunderstood the question, @Noblezone asked, "WHAT DOES HE DO FOR A LIVING", it's either he's working, engaged in some kind of expert level consultancy or advisory or whatever or simply retired. What he does for a living has no bearing on what he earns as a past govt official because whether he works or not, he is eligible for the pay. This is just my opinion.

12 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
oshyno: U have just made a mockery of ursef.

Soo invariably Buhari lives on pension. Daz silly to think he has contested presidential election 3 times , bankrolled election petitions with pension savings ? C'mon

Uv gat to do more than what u just spewed.
What does it take to run for election? One doesn't need to be a millionaire. Let me educate you on the source of Campaign funds:

1. Political Party
2. Donations from Friends, Associates, Groups, Foundations, Corporate Organisations etc
3. Donations from the public through INEC. If You must know INEC gives out a certain sum to political parties.

With the above and a good network, anybody can successfully run a PRESIDENTIAL campaign.

Don't be ridiculous SIR.

10 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
manny4life:

Unless if I misunderstood the question, @Noblezone asked, "WHAT DOES HE DO FOR A LIVING", it's either he's working, engaged in some kind of expert level consultancy or advisory or whatever or simply retired. What he does for a living has no bearing on what he earns as a past govt official because whether he works or not, he is eligible for the pay. This is just my opinion.
Don't be "crafty" see his words
noblezone: Does anybody know what Buhari does for a living?
Or has he been out of "job" since the death of Abacha?

Is he a political jobber?

Recently, Naaba told us he has been our of job since when he left the offfice of the Speaker of the House of Rep, people like that should not be allowed to near the corridors of power!

Those chanting the "sai Buhari" thing, should please educate some of us on what Buhari is doing for a living!

I greet you all.
From my post, It should be deduced that HE IS A PENSIONER earning LEGITIMATELY from the Government.

4 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by manny4life(m): 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: Don't be "crafty" see his words
From my post, It should be deduced that HE IS A PENSIONER earning LEGITIMATELY from the Government.

Crafty about what? I think you misunderstood his question. The question is not asking how he earns his money, but asking WHAT HE DOES FOR A LIVING. A political jobber is a job of course but pensioner is NOT A JOB but a status. His question is very simple, let's not twist it. I'm not about to dwell on this because I have nothing to gain from it.

11 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
manny4life:

Crafty about what? I think you misunderstood his question. The question is not asking how he earns his money, but asking WHAT HE DOES FOR A LIVING. A political jobber is a job of course but pensioner is NOT A JOB but a status. His question is very simple, let's not twist it. I'm not about to dwell on this because I have nothing to gain from it.
Man what is your phucking point?

4 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Sibabasibaba1: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=barcanista][/quote]

Provide a link on Ekwueme's corruption or SHUT UP forever. You have often bandied this your fiction. This time, you did not add that Ekwueme admitted to his corruption. As I asked in one of the threads where you spewed this your fallacy: Are you aware that Ekwueme was investigated by Justice Ayo Irikife and the good Justice found that:

'Alex Ekwueme went into politics a rich man, and left as a poor man'.

P
Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by manny4life(m): 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: Man what is your phucking point?

Stop the aggression, using the word "phucking" is uncouth... I've been used that term and it's waning on me... Please desist from it, alright..

What he does for a living or A JOB. A job is an exchange of service for pay either cash or kind. The point is simple: a pensioner is not a job... PERIOD.

Have a good day bro... Peace out.

9 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
manny4life:

Stop the aggression, using the word "phucking" is uncouth... I've been used that term and it's waning on me... Please desist from it, alright..

What he does for a living or A JOB. A job is an exchange of service for pay either cash or kind. The point is simple: a pensioner is not a job... PERIOD.

Have a good day bro... Peace out.
Peace to you

2 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by oshyno(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: What does it take to run for election? One doesn't need to be a millionaire. Let me educate you source of Campaign:

1. Political Party
2. Donations from Friends, Associates, Groups, Foundations, Corporate Organisations etc
3. Donations from the public through INEC. If You must know INEC gives out a certain sum to political parties.

With the above and a good network, anybody can successfully run a PRESIDENTIAL campaign.

Don't be ridiculous SIR.

We are getting somewhere. Atleast u hv agreed that Buhari does not hv a job or a company.

Donatiosns!!!!!

I hope u know the meaning, I mean d intuitive meaning of what u typed.

Let me brake it down 4u. No single individual or group donates 4 charity sake. They r simply investing( or rather taking a risk) and hoping their "investment" yield a good result. Here I mean, they hope their man wins soo that they will be compaseted with contracts.

That being said. Buhari has had 3 shots at d presidency and hez about to go 4 anoda one. Now u tell me if ur an investor will u make such an investement again afta 3 failed attempts.

My point is he is corrupt but crafty enough to shroud his source of income in secrecy.

13 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
oshyno:

Donatiosns!!!!!

I hope u know the meaning, I mean d intuitive meaning of what u typed.

Let me brake it down 4u. No single individual or group donates 4 charity sake. They r simply investing( or rather taking a risk) and hoping their "investment" yield a good result. Here I mean, they hope their man wins soo that they will be compaseted with contracts.

That being said. Buhari has had 3 shots at d presidency and hez about to go 4 anoda one. Now u tell me if ur an investor will u make such an investement again afta 3 failed attempts.
That is because you guys see everything as "Investment". Buhari followers doesn't follow him because he is rich or he holds a political office. You are a classical example of your kind. No wonder you queue behind anybody in Power.
Your type are needed in TAN

7 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: I allowed them to make mockery of themselves first. I wanted to post it on the thread but for all to see, I decided to create a New Thread for it. I am sure they will STFU henceforth

You have succeeded in exposing the fraud called Buhari!!!

In other words, the man and his likes are liabilities to the nation!

Had he not stolen the seat of power with the gun given to him to protect the constitution, his only source of income would have been military pension!

He is a political jobber and all political jobbers are liabilities!

By the way pal, how much is this "salary" to the past heads of state? We need to know how much a criminal who stole the title of "Head of State" is collecting from the treasury

9 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
barcanista: @Noblezone and others, I hope your question has been answered.

Yes sir!
My question has been perfectly answered!

The tyrant called Buhari is not only a political jobber but also a liability to Nigeria!

You guys have succeeded in striping the tyrant any little respect he would have gotten from the younger generation!

It is a shame that the only motivation from such a great leader is to "steal" the seat of power and then settle to enjoy the loot in the name "salary" to past heads of state!

Thanks to you guys, we now know that his contribution to the national economy is always Millions in the negative figures!

11 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by atlwireles: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
noblezone:

You have succeeded in exposing the fraud called Buhari!!!

In other words, the man and his likes are liabilities to the nation!

Had he not stolen the seat of power with the gun given to him to protect the constitution, his only source of income would have been military pension!

He is a political jobber and all political jobbers are liabilities!

By the way pal, how much is this "salary" to the past heads of state? We need to know how much a criminal who stole the title of "Head of State" is collecting from the treasury

You have done well, you have exposed the fact, that Buhari is an unemployed free loader.. A criminal, by been part of an instrument used in deposing a democratic elected government. Nothing will forever change this fact. He has ran three campaigns, costing billions to prosecute, yet some brain dead dingbats never question the source of this funds. Unfortunately for them, Nigerians are three steps ahead of them.

10 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by donphilopus: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
I've since given up on these PDP e-mourners. They keep asking foolish questions always. The question we should be asking ourselves is: “Why are these people so concerned about Buhari if he's no threat to them? Why ain't they not concerned about Babangida, Abdusallam et al?”. I don't even think Buhari's lifestyle can even be compared to that of IBB and Abdusallam, yet they are so concerned about him!

Whether y'all like it or nor, Buhari would be sworn in as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces come 2015!

3 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by makazona(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Progressives 1:3 Democrats
*half time score*

9 Likes

Re: Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
donphilopus: I've since given up on these PDP e-mourners. They keep asking foolish questions always. The question we should be asking ourselves is: “Why are these people so concerned about Buhari if he's no threat to them? Why ain't they not concerned about Babangida, Abdusallam et al?”. I don't even think Buhari's lifestyle can even be compared to that of IBB and Abdusallam, yet they are so concerned about him!

Whether y'all like it or nor, Buhari would be sworn in as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces come 2015!
they are scared to meet him @ the polls. They are not even smart sef

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Seeks Consensus Candidate For APC. / Breaking News On AIT / What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.