Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

We Need Pedestrian Bridges On Highways - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Pedestrian Bridges On Highways (377 Views)

People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways / Why Don't Lagosians Use Pedestrian Bridges? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Need Pedestrian Bridges On Highways by salmankahn(m): 12:03am On Sep 16, 2014
This incident happened in Feb 2010, let me share it wit u, Agbeke (not real name) was a fiancee to one of colleagues at my former place of work, he was called dat fateful morning by his friend wu is Agbeke's fiance dat Agbeke had an accident and she's at d ICU (Intensive Care Unit) at General Hospital Ikeja, on dat fateful day, she went to buy frozen fish across d road to prepare food 4 her fiance, she wanted to cross d road express at Cement b/stp and wat knocked down by a speeding BRT Bus......
She didnt survived it and it was just 2-weeks to her wedding, she neva lived to see her day of glory! d wedding was suppose to be in d first Saturday of March 2010.
Every evening on my home way 4m work, I see Lagosians running to beat coming bus at Anthony b/stp, Oshodi expressway, dis Agbeke's incident do flash back to my mind. their is one man dat do call Star FM Lagos on 'Talk back' for almost 5yrs now, d only tin dis man talk about is calling on d appropriate authority to please construct a Pedestrian Bridge at Mangoro/Cement b/stp cos of innocent lives dat are lost during such cases of a knock down by cars/buses/lorries!
Must Fashola be responsible 4 everytin? A Local govt will say building public toilets is his/her achievements? Every Representatives at d Lower & Upper house do collect ‘Constituency allowance’ wit no tangible project to show 4 it. In dis century, sum of dem wil dig a borehole dat wunt work 4 more dan 3month….
If tomorrow, d curse of dis parents dat lost dia children start taking effect, it is stil ‘we’ d masses dat wil sympathize wit dem.
Please, if u know or av anybody in d corridor of power, help us pass dis message across to dem:
We need pedestrian bridge on dos expressways where dia are b/stops, places like:
• Anthony B/stp along Oshodi
• Cement & Mangoro B/stp along Ikeja rd
• Kola b/stp in Alagbado
Pls, kindly add ur own LCDA and SHARE until it get to the appropriate authority.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Crisis: 2015 Elections Not On The Table – Mark / Presidency, Oritsejafor And The Arms Issue / Bo T Edorses Goodluck Jonathan As PDP Sole Candidate In 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.