Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death (41698 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction / 50 Terrorists, 12 Soldiers, Policemen Feared Killed In Borno Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Litmus: 11:25am On Sep 16, 2014
If true then No, no,no,No- shouldn't be done,absolutely shouldn't, they should be jailed or dismissed, someone need to start another hashtag campaign. Civilians shouldn't meddle in military affairs nor should government always kowtow to public opinion but, the army should not have those men executed even if they're saboteurs, it would be bad for moral or leave bad taste in the National psyche at this stage. If they do, it would seem to the people generally that after all the talk of 5th column, protest and unnigerian-soldier-like behavior, posting of things online, soliciting social media, wives protest etec that the Army just wanted to set some sort of example and consequently have picked on these men. This is what it would look like.

The army just needs to make it plain that the next set of similar action by soldiers in the army will be dealt with mortally.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 16, 2014
seunlayi: mutiny / rebel / disloyalty etc are never welcomed in the military in any part of the world hence the high standard military are known for worldwide. The consequence of this action is no longer new since the time of old. Therefore, the judgement is normal in the military, but i hope that the fg will display some maturity has we are all aware of the prevailing circumstances that led to that incident so that they will be pardon soon

Bros is your case this bad that u also write your pronunciation? angry
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 16, 2014
Hero10001:
Coupled with bad shooting skills, lack of killer instincts, low I.Q and no bullet law.
Imagine, 12 armed field men couldn't terminate a fat pot-belle GOC and his 4 man convoy right in their barrack successfully?!
What a shame, let them go and die!
Hero, I do not think they really wanted to kill him cuz if they would, he woulda died !!! ...

That GOC must be really corrupt and inhumane for the boys to turn against him !
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by neighy(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2014
Am Sad..Frustrated.. Trying to Imagine wah those Soldiers Felt when they saw dia friend,brother,warMate return in bodybags... They where'nt properly fed, Equipped, and then the Sight of the Bloody Bastard Swallowing up Our Allowance, Our Fund wit Ak47 in my hand and some Rounds left i just have to pull the TRIGGER to release my ANGER,RAGE,ANGUISH, VENGENANCE to let my Pain go away before thinking about the aftermath, the Consequence...this foot soldiers are the 1nce dying while the Fat majors are growing tummy and taking office, they'v always Sang the national anthem, they'v always said the pledge and now they'v bin betrayed by dia FATHERS LAND ... Anybody can do what this guys did... Buh the GOC and the other looting clowns has the upper hand... Thanks to the sort of Govt we have... I just pray some sort of human Right Activist or anybody Appeal Or Plea in favour of the 12soldiers sentenced to deatH...
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by neighy(m): 11:43am On Sep 16, 2014
donroxy: Hero, I do not think they really wanted to kill him cuz if they would, he woulda died !!! ...

That GOC must be really corrupt and inhumane for the boys to turn against him !
shots wia Fired but i dont think they want him dead
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by leo1234(m): 11:45am On Sep 16, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Sad
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by deflover(m): 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
This is a result of allowing your emotions to take over your actions...It is a well served sentence as i went to a military skool per say and i ve a father in the military police while growing up....i ve watched him analyses every coup back then in festac town when NITEL office was one of the places coup plotters take over once there is a coup.....he will tell me which coup will stand and which would not as a little boy.....these boys knows that the office of a GOC is representative of the office of the C-in-C ....an attack on the GOC is an attack on the C-in-C....the law of God and man is not created to have emotions but to pass absolute judgement ....even in civil court they would be charged for attempted murder, illegal use of firearms,illegal gathering, and so so and so.....they wont have gotten out of these charges...they were right but went about it wrongly....may God have mercy on their souls as they hang on the ropes.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by ihustler(m): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
You cant run away from Boko Haram either way...if they dont kill you...they connive with the federal govt to get u killed..

Hope these guys are let off the hook really...maybe sentenced to life or something.

Death for mutiny is simply too harsh a judgment these days...the same set of soldiers we need to win a war against insurgents is what the nigerian military is tying to a firing stake. To send what message? After all they are going thru at the warfront(abi no bi warfront dem dey?).

Boko Haram will Or will not temper justice with mercy...But the nigerian military should. It stands to gain a lot from such an action.

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by chlowi(f): 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
Controversy: Double whala….. the GOC left unhurt,,,, yet they were convict to death. I wish they could have killed the GOC and it would server as deterrent to those oga at the top. It is easier to arrange and convict them, but it is difficult for to find lasting solutions to the reason for their agitations.
Quick judgement, bt not quick solution to the cause of the problem, nigerian military wit funny characters, u send christians to go nd die in war torn north east abi? This judgement must not be allowed to stay. It is indeed an illwind. It will blow no one no good. A word is enough for the wise.

God bless you for this write up
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by petitejolie(f): 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
soldiers sentenced for mutiny, we heard it. wot about sentence to dose DAT leaked dier plans to bokoharam and sabotage.

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by 0rlandoOwoh: 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
military is a very strict institution.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Ayatullah(m): 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
chidyhels: God!
someone should pardon these guys na, they were only being human.

Maybe they could have been pardoned if they have used rubber bullets.........but they used live bullets, which means they really mean to kill their GOC.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Zuria(f): 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Actually, the Military isn't a cult...its more like a "way of life". There are rules and punishment for breaking any of the rules.

An unarmed general have the power to order gun wielding soldiers to move, drop their arms or even carry their guns on their heads (if he wish) and the soldiers must obey...that's the Military Spirit.

The punishment is to deter others from having "crazy" ideals...we can only hope the President commutes their killing to life imprisonment.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
This is not rational. How can you sentence to death men who sacrificed everything they own to defend their father land. Soldiers who put their lives on the line and fought against the BH on the battle field. Why? because vented their frustration at a certain GOC that sits in abuja or in one air-conditioned office somewhere and give orders. Mind you,these Soldiers didn't shoot to kill the GOC else he'd be dead by now. We can't let this injustice come to bear. Join the movement Nigerians, #DontKillOurSoldiers. Its on.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
niceeric:

Yea sure bro!!!....im counting down in real time thanks to sodiqyinka !
thanks to God.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by xtervaganza(m): 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
If this soldiers are really united they can wage war against nigeria and the military as a whole using this as an excuse
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
NosaHenry: They already know their fate before they on that journey of no return. There is no bloody civilian here, face your music my friends.
Am sure ur comment wld be different if you father,brother or a very close friend was one of them. #DontKillOurSoldiers.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by psalmist04: 1:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
This judgement is so not fair for the soldiers, and I thing the judgment was passed on the soldiers because of the personality involved, a (GOC).
These people that have defended this country with their lives for a very long time are now being sentenced to death because they aired their view after the death of their colleagues.

Has anybody bothered to asked what utterances the (GOC) made after the death of their colleagues that made them open fire on his convoy? Though the way the expressed their grievances was wrong but i believe they were doing the right thing. I strongly think that this judgement is wrong and the case should be appealed.

GOD bless NIGERIA and GOD bless The Nigerian Army.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by gogodaye(m): 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
kobonaire: Attempted murder and they get a death sentence??
Bro..thats' the rule in the military..there is nothing like accidental discharge..who ever picks up a weapon, gets it ready & fires..woe betide if you don't hit your target...You don't fire a weapon & claim you did not intend to kill...These mutineers @ the spur of the moment threw caution to the wiind..they're even lucky..in the past they would have been executed prior to the publization of their verdict...

Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
neighy: shots wia Fired but i dont think they want him dead
The man must have been giving poor command and Logistics to the boys and when they see the deadbodies of their colleagues ..... They died too !!
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by swezenberg(m): 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
new2020:

I noticed that there are no yoruba men on the list. I'm not surprised as they are naturally timid and not brave as men. Nairaland is their battlefield...they come here to simulate imaginery battle. Sissy boys!

You better go and remove the cataract in your eyes. Alao Samuel is not Igbo. And why didn't you blame GEJ for the punishment since he's your person or is Ijherika a Yoruba man. Nonsense.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Pennywise(m): 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
gratiaeo: I wonder what prompted them to attacked their GOC, despite the fact that they know they will be facing death penalties for Mutiny. The Nigerian Army should addressed the motive behind these soldiers action to thwart the reoccurrence of such action.
This is too bad, How many Boko Haram, that have been killing scores of people sentenced to Death? Somebody please tell them that jailing and executing demoralized soldiers is certainly not an effective way of instilling discipline in the army.

It is doubtful if they truly know the consequences of their action. Discipline and true military ethos is completely lost on the present crop of Nigerian officers and soldiers.

The mutiny was a tragedy. It will amount to even more tragedy if the Nigerian military fail to exploit the opportunity presented, by delaying their execution or commuting their death sentence. It is like canning a beloved child. It hurts the father but he realize it is sth he must do.

Thereafter the military can go after corruption in the officer corp to prove to all that even officers are not immuned. Unless this is done, there cant be true fellowship and comeraderie. What you will have is a silent dissent which could erupt in some kind of tragedy in any form.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by hardbody: 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
Owoplenty: No!That is bad..these guys were not to be treated like this under basic reasonability.they were protesting against injustice done to them by the govt..i think the judgement is sycophantic and abuse of sincerity.

Bros na this kind english grammar vex the military judge wey make am dey share the accused death penalty. Which one be sycophantic and abuse of sincerity.

On topic, the only way to survive a coup is by not planning one. All those guys arraigned perfectly understood the repercussion of their act when they attacked their boss. It is sad but the law of cause and effect will take place. May the Lord have mercy upon their souls as they walk their long journey to the firing squad.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Antell95(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
but why
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by ransomed: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
Boko haram are killing our soldiers and must we kill more because of one greedy officer that sat on their allowances and food rations? Nigeria is presently for retired generals, serving generals and poly-thieve-tians, any other person(s) can go and die.
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Dayjhihannon01(m): 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
niceeric: Most of you guys don't know exactly what is going one there in Maiduguri.....Let me use a short story to put u guys in d know..
About 2 weeks ago,I had a conversation with a friend of mine who had the opportunity to speak with an Army officer-a junior ranking one that served in Maiduguri a few months ago

In their conversation,the soldier told him about how most of his friends were killed in several stealth turned ambush battles against the insurgents and how he himself was lucky to be shot in d thigh and was sent to a hospital in Maiduguri for treatment...He said, he had to bribe his way to be transferred to d military hospital in Lagos when he finally got wind of the truth about wat was actually happening right there in maiduguri and how his brothers in arms were always easily killed by the insurgents.

what he actually came to know is that the some commanding officers were/are agents of the insurgents and were d ones dat gave details of their planned tactical offensives against d insurgents to thesame insurgents they were to battle and a surprise attack too many times ended in an ambush......they were always sitting ducks waiting to be hunted. This he said was the way their corrupt bosses indirectly give arms to the insurgents as they(the soldiers) either flee leaving weapons which include APCs and Tanks sometimes or are killed leaving their weapons to be easily taken by the insurgents when they walk into these fatal ambushes..

I'm not condoning what the soldiers did to the GOC but I want everyone to put himself in place of the convicted soldiers....You see the corpses of your brothers who died unnecessarily after being sold out by some of those who actually give u orders to fight and u see one of the commanding officers(he could be clean or one of those bad eggs),i doubt you'll care to investigate cos the frustration of being stuck in a place where your bosses are your enemies and not being able to leave as there is no rotation of fighters to allow u get out of dat hell before u squeeze d trigger in frustration at dat officer....

You,be d judge.....

You see!!!!! NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!!!
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
there families weren't even considered.. Smh what a failing country
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by psalmist04: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
@litmus, kindly follow @psalmist04 on twitter for the HASH-TAG campaign as regards the sentenced soldiers and use the signature #DontKillOurSoldiers
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by Balkan(m): 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
I am surprised that i did not see any name
from a particular tribe. does it mean that this
tribe cannot even mutiny ordinary mutiny,
not coup. na waooo. cowardice is a disease.

God bless those who can say no when they are cheated.
those who brought change in the fight against boko haram.
those who are put to death for saying the truth so that
their fellow soldiers will live.

if like hide my post or ban me. I have more than 10 monikers
Re: 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death by sunto: 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
Billygee2u: as long as a northerner is the GOC,christians and especially the Igbo soldiers among them,are not safe .
look at the people condemned to death ,almost Christians and Igbos.Igbo soldiers in the Nigerian Army,is high time you think well and resign from the occult,controlled by the Northerners.
fool you are still blaming the northerner, were is the commander in chief of army forces s. do you know the power it take.
blame your president for what is going on in the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Commander Asks Disloyal Soldiers To Leave As Coup Spreads Across Africa / Buhari's 61st Birthday Message To Goodluck Jonathan / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To The Fight By Lawmakers At The NASS (see Tweets)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54