Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Reflections On Islam Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reflections On Islam Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow (935 Views)

Fr. Mbaka Moving To His New Parish Yesterday - Photos / The World Will End Tomorrow - Christian Group Predicts / Reflections On Our Gigantic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reflections On Islam Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow by Alisha4U(f): 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
I consider myself an average person intellectually working in the financial world for past 20yrs. I have known ali sina of www.faithfreedom.org and alisina.org for at least 15-16 years when he and his site was less known than today. A week later after 9/11 attack, I was on a NYC subway late nite with a handful of passengers riding in the car. I overheard one black dude telling another guy,” I don’t give a Bleep what these people(moslem) believe in. They can believe in a jellyfish, the sun or the moon or in a rock…..so long as they don’t pick up that rock and throw at me..”

These were uttered by one angry passenger reflecting on the massacre at the groundzero just a week ago.

Born and raised a moslem never failing to attend Jummah namaz on Friday, so proud that I would fast the whole month of Ramadan while weighing less than 100 lbs as a kid, I began to commit what is deemed a crime in Islam, i.e. question, explore, study, doubt and think.

Long story short, I extricated myself from this ideology tainted with a 1400 years of absurdities, insanity, sheer ignorance, bellicosity, crime against humanity, unthinkable cruelty, etc. …. all explicitly written in the Book. Everyday I wake up shaking my head in disbelief asking myself ‘why? Why? there are more people like me not SEEING it as I saw it’.. espcialy in this day and age where a mouse click can keep us informed and be armed with information no matter what corner of the globe we are on. Baffled as to how we the people of the 21st century continue to be duped for so long by a so few who walked the earth in sahara deserts with brains baked like a hot potato under the blazing sun in the day time and at night moved from place to place avoiding scorpions and snakes while squatting in the bushes to take a crap using stones to scrape off their wastes. And we are compelled to believe and adopt their belief system, telling us how to run our lives from managing money(banking/riba), eating habits(halal), cleaning(ablution), judicial system(sharia law), sexual practices, to blowing our hard-earned money on circling a black stone(kaba)…..with instructions from a group of warlords with tribalism in their DNA who spent a good part of their life raiding villages, raping women, looting, murdering anything that moved and breathed in their path. And the party and conscience ends for the night when they return to their tents, turn to a moon god and pray. And it happens again and again.

The next day. Yes, it occurred by the followers of the religion of peace then and it still occurs today. What adds to this puzzle at least for me is that no religious leaders dead or alive have their bio more exposed than the founder of Islam, Mohamed. Jesus was a mysterious figure who showed up and gone while Buddha was a prince whose life was mostly spent meditating under a tree. However, one can find out and learn about Mohamed’s bio and sunna more than we can learn about George Washington. It’s OUT THERE! BARENAKED! Comedian Bill Maher was right when he said religion is a neurological disorder. But nowhere it is more apparent than among the followers of Islam. I am still shaking my head in disbelief………

1 Like

Re: Reflections On Islam Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow by Samoneo(m): 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
What is this one saying... Shaking my head... If you don't know then you ask... That is if you are ready to learn. Do not be blinded by your hatred for the religion
Re: Reflections On Islam Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow by Alisha4U(f): 11:23am On Sep 17, 2014
“Slavery is a part of Islam. Slavery is part of jihad, and jihad will remain as long there is Islam.” – Sheikh Saleh Al-Fawzan, a leading authority on Islam in Saudi Arabia.
Re: Reflections On Islam Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow by MrOlai: 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
@Alisha4U. U're suffering from acute Islamophobia! U need to seek medical attention b4 it leads to cerebral dysfunction/madness! I'm talking from medical point of view! The earlier, d better!
Re: Reflections On Islam Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow by Alisha4U(f): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2014
Yea, thats in reaction to the actions of Islamomanics

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Cure Is The Church / What Does It Mean To Backslide? / How Did Evil Originate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.