Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Fellow Artistes Don’t Appreciate My Efforts – Ajasa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fellow Artistes Don’t Appreciate My Efforts – Ajasa (947 Views)

Quit Fake Life And Face Reality, Kelly Hansome Tells Fellow Artistes | @kellyhan / Pop Star, Davido Blasts Fellow Artistes / Toyin Aimakhu Slams Women Who Don’t Appreciate Their Husbands On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Artistes Don’t Appreciate My Efforts – Ajasa by tyson99(m): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2014
Not a few people had felt that indigenous rap artiste, Olusegun Osaniyi, popularly known as Lord of Ajasa, was in for a tough time when the late Yoruba wordsmith, Dagrin, appeared on the scene in 2009. In no time, the latter’s unique style ensured his rapid rise on the music scene and his ultimate emergence as a force to be reckoned with in the industry.

But, as fate would have it, Dagrin passed on in 2010, leaving Lord of Ajasa, who rose to the limelight with the track, Otiya, in 2005, fighting hard to win back his fans.

With his good command of Yoruba language, the dark- skinned artiste, who inspired the likes of 9ice,Olamide, Seriki and Reminisce, has struggled for many years to make it big.

Lamenting the predicament of other pioneer musicians that have a similar experience, he puts the blame on the dysfunctional nature of the society. Like a lone voice in the wilderness, he cries out, “I pioneered indigenous rap music and today it has become lucrative and fashionable. Yet, these young musicians shy away from that fact. They try to hide it. If I don’t blow my trumpet, nobody will do it. But I deserve an award, recognition and endorsement because a lot of people look up to me as their mentor.

"Look at Eedris Abdulkareem and 9ice, for instance. I’m saying they should take care of the pioneers, but what impact have these new artistes really made in the society
to deserve all the endorsements they are getting? I mean, they sing nonsense songs while we (pioneers) do evergreen and clean music. Yet they keep discouraging us. 2face is an exception I am okay with his brand of music, because his endorsements are well-deserved.

” Speaking about his current exploits in music, the singer, who recently welcomed his second child, says, “My third album, Third Avenue wasn’t so successful and I think it was because I switched to K-Solo and my fans complained bitterly. I had always worked with ID Cabassa. I worked with a new producer this time on my fourth album and it featured Olamide, Terry G and Jaywon.”

Not one to quit despite the odds, Lord of Ajasa, however, blames the lull in patronage and his declining fame on ignorance and certain decisions that he made at
a time. “I left the music scene after I got married in 2009 to delve into other business. I started this movement long before these small boys emerged on the scene and I paved the way for many of them. When I began, I didn’t know anything about music and entertainment. I was simply making music for the love of it, while 9ice and Olamide were following my footsteps. Whenever I made a mistake, they learned from it and got better. I was just a naïve village boy who came down to Lagos from Ondo State with no guidance. I never knew the big names in Nigerian entertainment at the time,” he says.

When asked why he threw jabs at Olamide, 9ice and Seriki in the song, ‘Otalenu’, he said, “I did not yab them on the track, they are all small boys who all began their music career in my room in Bariga. I was only trying to draw them closer to myself and to let other people know that I am their Baba. The jabs are just part of the hip hop culture and they spice up the lyrics.”

While some of his contemporaries may boast investments, juicy endorsement deals and sold-out concerts, Lord of Ajasa says he is simply contented. So is he really broke as speculated? “People peddling such rumours should reveal if I have ever made a public appeal for financial assistance. I may not be rich, but I am not complaining. When we started music, it wasn’t all about serious money. There was nothing like endorsement. I am not competing with anybody; I just want to do my thing and make my own money,” he declares.

Source : www.punchng.com/feature/midweek-revue/fellow-artistes-dont-appreciate-my-efforts-ajasa/

(1) (Reply)

Head Of Programming At Ebonylife TV, Pamela Ofoegbu Passes Away / Olamide’s Video “eleda Mi” Hits One Million Views On Youtube / VIDEO: Oritse Femi – Double Wahala (part2) Ft. D’banj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.