Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death (3688 Views)

Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! / Man Stoned To Death For Adultery In Somalia - Pics / Humans Are Wicked - Woman Stoned For Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by JJYOU: 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2008
[b][b]Somali rape victim, 13, stoned to death[/b][/b]
By Agency Reporter
Published: Sunday, 2 Nov 2008

A 13-year-old girl who said she had been raped was stoned to death in Somalia after being accused of adultery by Islamic militants, a human rights group said.

Dozens of men stoned Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow to death Oct. 27 in a stadium packed with 1,000 spectators in the southern port city of Kismayo, Amnesty International and Somali media reported, citing witnesses. The Islamic militia in charge of Kismayo had accused her of adultery after she reported that three men had raped her, the rights group said.

Initial local media reports said Duhulow was 23, but her father told Amnesty International she was 13. Some of the Somali journalists who first reported the killing later told Amnesty International that they had reported she was 23 based upon her physical appearance.

”This child suffered a horrendous death at the behest of the armed opposition groups who currently control Kismayo,” David Copeman, Amnesty International‘s Somalia campaigner, said in a statement Friday.

Somalia is among the world‘s most violent and impoverished countries. The nation of some 8 million people has not had a functioning government since warlords overthrew a dictator in 1991 then turned on each other.

A quarter of Somali children die before age 5; nearly every public institution has collapsed. Fighting is a daily occurrence, with violent deaths reported nearly every day.

Islamic militants with ties to al-Qaida have been battling the government and its Ethiopian allies since their combined forces pushed the Islamists from the capital in December 2006. Within weeks of being driven out, the Islamists launched an insurgency that has killed thousands of civilians.

In recent months, the militants appear to be gaining strength. The group has taken over the port of Kismayo, Somalia‘s third-largest city, and dismantled pro-government roadblocks. They also effectively closed the Mogadishu airport by threatening to attack any plane using it.

another madness in mole house
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Nimshi: 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2008
A sad, mad, maddening, crazy crime.

The murder of an already abused child.

Animals, these people.

Nothing more to write; beyond words; beyond outrage.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by JJYOU: 2:55am On Nov 03, 2008
Nimshi:

A sad, mad, maddening, crazy crime.

The murder of an already abused child.

Animals, these people.

Nothing more to write; beyond words; beyond outrage.
dont insult inteligent animals plss
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Mustay(m): 3:33am On Nov 03, 2008
Islamic Millitants? correlation?
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by samba123(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2008
Somalia is among the world‘s most violent and impoverished countries
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Cayon(f): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2008
What kind of sick barbaric culture puts to death a 13 year old rape victim? I guess only in their weird twisted barbaric world who are infested with ills and evils. Funny, no punishment mentioned for the dude who raped this child ******sigh*****

and WHERE IS THE OUTCRY? , I cannot believe there is not an outcry from Muslim leaders around the world angrytsk,tsk,tsk

Peace
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by nanayisha: 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2008
As a Muslim I have to be careful of my response with this post. firstly, I would like to say that I do not have full knowledge on this story, thus I can not give an opinion regarding the story. We always have to keep in mind  that there is always two sides to a story. We only of one side which is based on according to.
secondly, I do belief this post belongs here. it is more suitable for the political forum, because this story has nothing to do with Islam. I don't know what the posters intention was, but i have to disagree with the post being here. Somalia as we all know, and I quote " is among the world's  most violent and impoverished countries". There is no real leadership in Somalia. All Institutions have broken down and the country I believe resembles a country of lawlessness.  I believe the Rape and the stoning if this events did occur is a symptom of the problems that is going on in Somalia. It is not natural for gang rape to occur in an organised Islam society, and then for jungle justice to be carried out (like the jungle justice that is often carried out when people shout out thief, without evidence in Lagos, Nigeria. I rarely see Amnesty International reporting on that one)  is even more un-Islamic.
Thirdly, People who have real Knowledge of Islamic Law and Justice will know that such sentence can not be passed if events occurred as reported. There is either more to the story that we are unaware of,  the people who ordered and carried out the stoning where totally wrong and there will have to answer to Allah, or the story was a fabrication 
I reserve judgment and comment because I don't want to speak out of ignorance, please let us all try a little bit of that.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by JJYOU: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
nanayisha:

As a Muslim I have to be careful of my response with this post. firstly, I would like to say that I do not have full knowledge on this story, thus I can not give an opinion regarding the story. We always have to keep in mind that there is always two sides to a story. We only of one side which is based on according to.
secondly, I do belief this post belongs here. it is more suitable for the political forum, because this story has nothing to do with Islam. I don't know what the posters intention was, but i have to disagree with the post being here. Somalia as we all know, and I quote " is among the world's most violent and impoverished countries". There is no real leadership in Somalia. All Institutions have broken down and the country I believe resembles a country of lawlessness. I believe the Rape and the stoning if this events did occur is a symptom of the problems that is going on in Somalia. It is not natural for gang rape to occur in an organised Islam society, and then for jungle justice to be carried out is even more un-Islamic.
Thirdly, People who have real Knowledge of Islamic Law and Justice will know that such sentence can not be passed if events occurred as reported. There is either more to the story that we are unaware of, the people who ordered and carried out the stoning where totally wrong and there will have to answer to Allah, or the story was a fabrication
I reserve judgment and comment because I don't want to speak out of ignorance, please let us all try a little bit of that.

READ YOUR WRITE UP AGAIN AND SEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE WHO CLAIM ISLAM AS A RELIGION. you dont need to be religious to know this is wicked and evil. you are hoping the christians or hindus in somalia did this.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by BabyJinx: 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2008
nanayisha:

As a Muslim I have to be careful of my response with this post. firstly, I would like to say that I do not have full knowledge on this story, thus I can not give an opinion regarding the story. We always have to keep in mind  that there is always two sides to a story. We only of one side which is based on according to.
secondly, I do belief this post belongs here. it is more suitable for the political forum, because this story has nothing to do with Islam. I don't know what the posters intention was, but i have to disagree with the post being here. Somalia as we all know, and I quote " is among the world's  most violent and impoverished countries". There is no real leadership in Somalia. All Institutions have broken down and the country I believe resembles a country of lawlessness.  I believe the Rape and the stoning if this events did occur is a symptom of the problems that is going on in Somalia. It is not natural for gang rape to occur in an organised Islam society, and then for jungle justice to be carried out is even more un-Islamic.
Thirdly, People who have real Knowledge of Islamic Law and Justice will know that such sentence can not be passed if events occurred as reported. There is either more to the story that we are unaware of,  the people who ordered and carried out the stoning where totally wrong and there will have to answer to Allah, or the story was a fabrication 

I know you are trying to be diplomatic but let’s be serious here . . There is no two sides to stoning a 13yrs old to death. There is no other side to this kind of insanity, it is not ignorance to find this kind of evil appalling and you restraining yourself from calling a bad thing a bad thing. . . just because it is somewhat cloaked in religion, is a bit worrisome.

And before anyone screams religion bashing on my head, you should know this topic is also on the culture section and I posted a video about some churches killing children suspected to be witches.

This goes beyond religion, it is about CHILDREN, INNOCENT CHILDREN being killed for rubbish.

What is bad, is bad regardless of who is doing it!

Simple.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by KarmaMod(f): 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2008
Lmao what exactly is the "2nd side" to a story of stoning a CHILD to death

Some people will defend anything malicious as long as it's based on their "religion"
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by reindeer: 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2008
theres just no justifying such barbaric act!
be it christian, muslim,whatever, whoever does these things cant lay claim to being human.
only extreme bloodthirst will make people stone a 13yr old to death.
shame on them all.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by JJYOU: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2008
listen to an eye witness to this barbaric crime being interviewed on the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_7707000/7707683.stm
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by olabowale(m): 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2008
A thirteen year old, regardless of her sexual history is just aperson to be forgiven. She may not have reached puberty, yet. But to have been raped, also, there isnt any justification for her losing her life for acts performed on her by individuals who are worse thn cattle!

In Islam, Allah spoke about mercy and forgiveness more than punishment and revenge. Allah emphasises that age of maturity is 40. We see that this late young soul was way less than 40. May Allah the Almighty forgive her and make her from th people of Paradise. May He strengthen her parents and her people to accept the loss and use her as a means of mercy and forgiveness for them, her loved ones.

I hope those vigilantes can have the backbones to do "justice" on the perpetrators of the evil act on her. I hope too that they search their soul and show anyone, either from Qur'an or Sunnah their justification for what they did. Considering the rulings that surrounds illegal sexual act, a person raped could not have been qualified as a willing perticipant of this illegal sex act! Even, if they have the most overwhelming evidence against her, the very fact that she said she was raped, nullified every shred of evidence.

Finally, Somalia has become a lawless society. Proof; is there a place for highsea piracy, which is the same as hijacking? Yet you see in the news segments where these people indulge in such evil. Could they be people who make the muslim prayers in full concentration? I doubt it, because they must be always ready to attack or be anticipating attacks from many quarters.

Not all acts have its grounding in Islam. The rape, and the killing of the raped, and hijacking are just some of these evil acts.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by muhsin(m): 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
I'm truly a Muslim. And I do believe in everything thats in the religion, Shari'a included. Yet, I see nowhere where a 13 year old girl would be lawfully stoned to death. Although, the stroy is not that lucid to tell us either that girl was married before or not. If she was married and later (or eventually) captured having an illigitimate affair with another man, then yes, she should rightly be stoned to death. But, if she is not, they did utterly wrong. And I darned well know and believe Allah will not let their devilish action unpunish now or then (hereafter).
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by mukina2: 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2008
I have read,re-read and read this story over and over again

I find it hard to believe that people can  be so heartless.

Why do people do evil acts and try to justify themselves by including sharia?

The girl reported her story, she asked for justice to be served and they in turn with their sick and twisted minds turned it to mean that the little girl asked to be stoned to death cry

All the blood thirsty people always find ways to justify their cruel acts, nothing is jjustifiablein this, ttheymurdered a 13 year old innocent girl in broad day light  with spectators too cry
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Cayon(f): 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2008
Atta-girl. very well said -

TITUS

mukina2:

I have read,re-read and read this story over and over again

I find it hard to believe that people can  be so heartless.

Why do people do evil acts and try to justify themselves by including sharia?

The girl reported her story, she asked for justice to be served and they in turn with their sick and twisted minds turned it to mean that the little girl asked to be stoned to death cry

All the blood thirsty people always find ways to justify their cruel acts, nothing is jjustifiablein this, ttheymurdered a 13 year old innocent girl in broad day light  with spectators too cry

Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by JJYOU: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2008
muhsin:

I'm truly a Muslim. And I do believe in everything thats in the religion, Shari'a included. Yet, I see nowhere where a 13 year old girl would be lawfully stoned to death. Although, the stroy is not that lucid to tell us either that girl was married before or not. If she was married and later (or eventually) captured having an illigitimate affair with another man, then yes, she should rightly be stoned to death. But, if she is not, they did utterly wrong. And I darned well know and believe Allah will not let their devilish action unpunish now or then (hereafter).
do you do drugs or you have blue blood running through your system? are you supposed to be on some medications you forgot? how do you say madness in kano?
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by JJYOU: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2008
olabowale:

A thirteen year old, regardless of her sexual history is just aperson to be forgiven. She may not have reached puberty, yet. But to have been raped, also, there isnt any justification for her losing her life for acts performed on her by individuals who are worse thn cattle!

In Islam, Allah spoke about mercy and forgiveness more than punishment and revenge. Allah emphasises that age of maturity is 40. We see that this late young soul was way less than 40. May Allah the Almighty forgive her and make her from th people of Paradise. May He strengthen her parents and her people to accept the loss and use her as a means of mercy and forgiveness for them, her loved ones.

I hope those vigilantes can have the backbones to do "justice" on the perpetrators of the evil act on her. I hope too that they search their soul and show anyone, either from Qur'an or Sunnah their justification for what they did. Considering the rulings that surrounds illegal sexual act, a person raped could not have been qualified as a willing perticipant of this illegal sex act! Even, if they have the most overwhelming evidence against her, the very fact that she said she was raped, nullified every shred of evidence.

Finally, Somalia has become a lawless society. Proof; is there a place for highsea piracy, which is the same as hijacking? Yet you see in the news segments where these people indulge in such evil. Could they be people who make the muslim prayers in full concentration? I doubt it, because they must be always ready to attack or be anticipating attacks from many quarters.

Not all acts have its grounding in Islam. The rape, and the killing of the raped, and hijacking are just some of these evil acts.
meaning not in the name of islam? i want you to read what your brother from kano said below and tell me which of the islam says yes they should be stoned to death? listen to that BBC link of the eye witness and tell me how any sane human being can bury a fragile 13yrs old for stoning.
muhsin:

If she was married and later (or eventually) captured having an illigitimate affair with another man, then yes, she should rightly be stoned to death.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Cayon(f): 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2008
JJYOU:

listen to an eye witness to this barbaric crime being interviewed on the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_7707000/7707683.stm
send a cold chill down ma spine
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by JJYOU: 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2008
Cayon:

send a cold chill down ma spine
have not cried for ages. heard that live about 7:40am this morning. knowing a small 13yrs girl that needs protection can be so brutalised by adults in the presence of 1000 souls is unbelievable this day and age
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Bastage: 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2008
I reserve judgment and comment because I don't want to speak out of ignorance

Then your silence is proof of your ignorance.

It doesn't matter what this girl did or how old she was.
Being stoned to death in the name of religion is evil. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by olabowale(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2008
@JJYOU:

meaning not in the name of islam? i want you to read what your brother from kano said below and tell me which of the islam says yes they should be stoned to death? listen to that BBC link of the eye witness and tell me how any sane human being can bury a fragile 13yrs old for stoning.
Quote from: muhsin on Today at 12:36:12 PM
If she was married and later (or eventually) captured having an illigitimate affair with another man, then yes, she should rightly be stoned to death.

I wonder if everything a group of people from other religion, which is not Islam do, will be classified as "in the name of that particular religion, if I use your model of thinking, as above, JJYOU?" Will I be correct then?

And by the way, my brother from Kano, as you have advised me, has his own way of looking at Islam, while I have my own, when it comes to Mercy, Forgiveness, Justice, Repercussion, Punishment, etc. Islam is not homogenious, in the way we see things. Every person who I have discussed this topic with in my circle of Islamic friends have a big problem with it. Reasons are many, but some are that she was raped, she was only thirteen, and the people should have gone through the Islamic jurispudence with qualified Jurists. The vigilante mentality belongs to the period of ignorance and not Islam.

And my Islam is sound. It is from my soul. I am not apologetic to you, or any muslim in as long as I am of the view of my Prophet (AS). I understand mercy and compassion, and forgiveness. I hope you read my post as I put it, without your own "twisted" meaning. The Mercy of Allah is exprssed more than His punishment of justice.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by FILEBE(m): 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2008
hallo
though i didnt know where u read ur story 4rm but i think i can share my views.
the issue of stoning to death is rather cruel and i think that its as a result of the 'democratized'
system in which we r operating;we don't really understand what democracy is talk much of other African countries.i am relating my views from the Nigerian perspective and i think its uncalled for for our Muslim brothers to try to conform to other Islamic nations,a law is made by a certain people to govern the land not the whole world, so if sharia suites them over there it doesn't mean it can govern the people of other lands.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by bawomolo(m): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2008

you see why people think africans are backward
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by MrCrackles(m): 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2008
this is disgusting and barbaric!
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Cayon(f): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2008
muhsin:

I reckon that's utter rubbish grin abeg, please remove the cobweb from your brain

Peace
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by muhsin(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2008
I wonder why I'm that misunderstood! Though, I partially attributed that to myself by writing very scantly. I feel sorry for myself for some of you have had already insulted me and called me by names. Thats life. cool

What I was actually saying is; that girl as at her age should not be stoned to death because she might be a virgin. BUT if the was not, then she commited what is called fornication. And pls tell me what you know as verdict of fornication--commiting unlawful sex by a married man or woman? Isn't it stoning to death?

Please fathom what one writes before coming up with 'hypotheses'.

Thanks.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Cayon(f): 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2008
muhsin:

And please tell me what you know as verdict of fornication--commiting unlawful sex by a married man or woman? Isn't it stoning to death?
Thanks.

SNAP OUT OF IT.
  This is not medieval times. THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY.   We are talking about value of and respect for human life.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2008
As if the rape and stoning to death of a 13 year old victim is not enough the authorities went ahead to ferment a lie that the child was a 23 year old woman, this was firmly denied by her father who affirmed that his daughter was 13.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by olabowale(m): 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2008
Kudo to the father who defended the "honor" of her daughter. Even if she was 23 or older, a woman raped should not be punished by death, for even inviting the rape, while the evil men who raped her were not punished first. The men were at least just as guilty because they could have walked away.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2008
olabowale:

Kudo to the father who defended the "honor" of her daughter. Even if she was 23 or older, a woman raped should not be punished by death, for even inviting the rape, while the evil men who raped her were not punished first. The men were at least just as guilty because they could have walked away.

Alhaji olabowale, can you please explain what you mean by the highlighted statement above, are you saying that the girl was as guilty as the men who raped her? Maybe I did not get you right.

It was stated that the Islamic administration of the Sharia court in Kisamayo were authorities behind this execution and that convicting a girl of 13 for adultery would be illegal under the Islamic law, thus the reason why they changed the age of the girl from 13 to 23 so as to justify their killing. It is reported that they said that "We will do what Allah has instructed us" even when the girl said "I'm not going, don't kill me, don't kill me".

It is sickening to know that the Islamic authorities ordered nurses to check whether the girl was still breathing before they continued their dastardly act of making sure that she was stone dead. Tell me, is this Islamic or not?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7708169.stm
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by olabowale(m): 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2008
I think if you read my whole statement, and your heart was not practicing deceitfulness, you would have realised that I did not say in anyway that the 13 years old girl was guilty.

I simply reinurated and put in place a scenario, that even if a grown woman or any woman at all invited a man to illicit sex, he should use his head to work away from what is "illicit!" Olaadegbu, please lo joko.

If you follow my argument, you will realise that I feel terrible that the people stoned the young girl to death. The process of judging a sexual crime is very complex. It involves at least 4 witnesses seeing the people in the conjugal act. Not just unclothedness. But actual sex, itself. And even then they have to swear and call the curse of Allah on their own heads if they lied.

And the acused, will have to do the same thing. If the accused does that, those who were certain as witnsses will lose their witnessing value in future matters. A person who was being stone, who cries out that he or she did not do it, should be left alone, for the judgement of Allah, in the day of Judgement. To have killed a young girl who clearly said, according to your piece above that she was not going and said tha they should not kill her, is clearly not from the Mercy of Allah.

I know that Allah forgives all sins. And Zina from the Qur'an is not the same as Riba which Allah says the offenedr who does not desist should expect a war aginst him, from Allah and His Mesenger (AS). Yet there is forgiveness in it.

I think Somalia saw a poor soul among them to vent their frustration. Their action was simply unislamic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masturbation In Ramadan / Woman Beheaded in bornu / The Position Of Father In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.