Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,803 members, 7,802,566 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (64274 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / Who Makes More Cash Everyday Between Linda Ikeji And Seun Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Megaphone: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24 million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons

Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland seems to have more low income bracket users than high income. Linda Ikeji on the other hand has got a lot of High income readers and they have the financial capacity to purchase products advertised on the blog. On the other hand Nairaland's users are mainly job seekers, scammers and the likes or small start business men who just dont have the money. They come to the site to trade their 'goods' and not to buy anyway

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.

https://www.nairaland.com/1905289/linda-ikeji-acquires-24million-naira

478 Likes 53 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by feruchii(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hmmmmmm

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by pweedyuz(f): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
sooo wat r u doing here

176 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Iyemik: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone:

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium

dis got me smiling cheesy

I do prefer forum to blogging becos on blogging platform the owner nd the admin are only ones allowed to create a topic but on forum platform, each members are given the privilege to open topics on tending issues without the admin doing the work alone (nairaland as an example). it depends goal setting, to only make cash like 'linda' or build something that would stand on it own, while busy doing other biz.

265 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by tinuolababy(f): 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
True talk

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by seankafor(m): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
either way both of them are making their moni.

64 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ednut1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
taking panadol for anoda man headache, mtcheew

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by merit12(f): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Maybe
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by sirjohnson(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Read this interview with Linda Ikeji by Yes Magizine on how she made her money and you'll know that Seun and Linda are incomparable. Read it Here

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by dryakson(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
If the op no b Linda Ikeja, make una carry gun shoot me.... Chaii another advertising.....
Who ever posted this topic to the front page deserves suspension from seun..... Am sure many will go to Linda's blog..
Just watching

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by hopeyemih(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
you know..he's right to an extent.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ednut1(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
dryakson: H
see ya life angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Gistville: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Interesting!!!! I don't believe the fact that Nairaland has more low income earners in the aspect of readership. They are both basically the same. If you want to mention websites with high income earners, you start with Bellanaija. Its the glaring truth.
Nairaland on the other hand is a forum, but advertisers are probably not oriented enough to understand this is how a forum works. Any topic can make it to the frontpage, no matter how silly it sounds to some. To be honest, i'm more likely to click on ads on Nairaland because i visit this forum at my leisure not when i'm busy blogging.

The plain truth is, LindaIkeji put a face to her brand, plus she socializes and its working extremely well for her. But i bet most persons don't know the owner of Nairaland or even remember what he looks like. Same way, i'm under the radar and always indoors, hence gistville is most times overlooked by advertisers despite my fairly large readership.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Jarchi(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nairaland why the bully
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Glad to see this topic here

Linda makes at least $40000 a month in ad revenue but does she have anybody on her payroll?

Apart from that sloth, Laura

The ad agency guy is just silly... most major advertisers come to NL...

Seuns own is just cheaper even though his traffic is the highest in Nigeria....

Seun doesn't want to do this for profit only...he wants everyone to benefit from the community (having something for everyone is the advertisers dream)

In fact Seun is like the Jesus of Nigeria internet....if he had a donate button like Wikipedia...

I would dash him at least 10k just cos I like the value he has created....

God has not finished with Seun or nl yet

735 Likes 57 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Youngzedd(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Iyemik:

dis got me smiling cheesy

Got me grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Linda Ni 0b0 nah........ cheesy

Seun qet 0.b.0 ni? grin tongue

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Liamm(m): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
I don't have anything to say.

Just reading comments cool

5 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by uzolexis(f): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nairaland and linda ikeji's blog are not the same thing. NL is a FORUM where anybody can post whatever,where pple discuss and talk about a wide range of issues, as such you can't actually say it's owned by 1 person,though Seun started it,all the users have a stake in it too. We all know how it affects us when Seun changes something on NL,how a lot of us complain about it n all,most times Seun has 2 inform us of what to expect,ask for our suggestions and all.Not long ago NL was attacked,we know how it affected us and what we lost. LIB on the other hand is a blog and as such only the owner of d blog has the right to start a new topic, pple only mk contributions based on what was posted by the owner of d blog. She has the right to do whatever she wants with her blog,pple don't keep diaries on LIB,or write stories or stuff like that.
So don't compare both of them cause they are not the same thing. Compare NL with other forums and compare LIB with other blogs.

187 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by am0s(m): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nairaland is lyk ArsenalFc

7 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lols

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by juicydiceyjoe(m): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Insult to a nairalander...but its the truth sha

Linda should be reading this and smiling.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Swiftlee(m): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is constructive critisism! Nice!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by chelseabmw(m): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
impossible........... She just like showing off

btw, we sell brand new 2014 range rover sport in auto section for 20million naira only

Seun should be defined as a secretive economist who is sensible in terms of monetary n financial aspect of life

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun too is handsome nah.. Oya seun come lets do some PR work on you

29 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by dytbabe: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone:
Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page,

Abeg mk una no burst my belle this morning fa
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by rozayx5(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
True
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by cirmuell(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seriously you guys should let this rest already, a blog is different from a forum.
Your points are out of place and idiotic.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by datguru: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Are you guys trying to justify the reason why seun has not yet got a SUV ? undecided I don't get it , why this topic

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ZACHIE: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Rubbish
NL is a go-to-resource centre by the serious and academic, Linda is just garbage.

After all the rubbishy hype, NL will get better and stronger down the line, Linda will be dead buried, and forgotten.

And, true, SEUN does not need to thrust his face in your face.

He is who he is, a nerd, a workaholic.....take it or prostrate to a moving trailer

183 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Bitcoin Lord Recovers His Cars From EFCC (Photos) / Anyone Know Where I Can Get Pet Bottles. Plastic Bottles For Water N Juice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.