Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano (15650 Views)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / FG To Speed Up Completion Of International Cargo Terminal At Owerri Airport / Obiano Visits Scene Of Fatal Accident In Umuchu, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
The Government of Anambra state has inaugurated the Anambra State Airport Advisory Committee to deliver the Anambra Cargo/Passenger Airport within 18 months. While inaugurating the committee, Chief Willie Obiano noted that the committee will provide advisory support on the development and project implementation of the planned Anambra State Cargo/Passenger Airport; review Expressions of Interest (EOI) by private sector parties desirous of investing in the airport project and select the most qualified to work with the state government in setting up and operating the airport.

Furthermore, the committee is to modify the technical architecture , business plan, and recognize those parts of the master plan that cannot be altered; also advise the government of Anambra state on the best options available on the airport project in terms of financing (Private Public Partnership), airport usage. Members of the committee include, Chief (Mrs.) Stella Oduah (chairman), Engr. Nnaemeka Nwawka, Mr. Chuma Mbonu, Arc. Callistus Ilozumba, Mr. Mark Okoye, Mr. Mac Atasie, Mr. Martin Emeka Nwafor, Engr. Ifeanyi Ozorka and Engr. Sylvester Onuorah.

In his vote of thanks, Engr Emeka Nwawka the MD of Orient Petroleum noted that the team has accepted the challenge with pleasure and assured that the Cargo/Passenger Airport will be one of the best in the country. He also congratulated the governor on the strides in setting up various arms of the vision and mission of the administration. He also added that the airport will aid oil and gas, commerce, medical evacuation, agriculture and industries. Also, he revealed that the airport will have a standard modern shopping plaza such that business men and women can transact their businesses.

http://orientnewspaper.com/we-are-committed-to-moving-anambra-forward-obiano/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
We are good to go to the moon.. cool

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
Alaigbo adigo mma.If you dey envy our progress,go kiss HOT IRON.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
When I said that we are leading the pack they called me out.. cheesy

mikeson12: Alaigbo adigo mma.If you dey envy our progress,go kiss HOT IRON.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by kettykin: 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
how about a sea/river port as against an airport, how about spending that huge sum to complete the concessioning of the Onitsha port as against building an airport when an international airport is just 5km away from Onitsha.

Anambra committee could have been set up to see how the Onitsha port concessioning will be completed , commercialized with ocean going barges lifting crude and goods and bring goods to Onitsha port from neighboring countries and ports.

Onitsha /Nnewi is presently operating at a dismal 4% of their expected potential and a sea/River port will assist to push up their potentials

Much said i will offer Anambra state government officials to contact me or PM for free consultancy on the River Prot commercialization and how the River port can advance anambra to the Large size African economic Power like Cairo, Alexandria, Johannesburg, Mobassa,Adis ababa, abidjan and Accra, rather than the present low economic level they are operating on which is making them compete with Kano state ,Ogun state on the same economic food chain

12 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
ChinoElects: When I said that we are leading the pack they called me out.. cheesy

LOL,don't mind them.I bet you,some are going to have a heart attack over this news cos I can see them roaming around here.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
Do not muddle this up. Onitsha Port is an FG project undergoing concession process at the moment. As for the airport, Our own is our own and their own is their own. We need to have our own!

The airport project is an Anambra project, that is not to say that Anambra will fund it 100%. There are options right for PPP and otherwise for the funding which Orient Petroleum and other foreign investors are already gearing on to fund and run the facility after completion.

It is a good one because Orient Petroleum will be refining aviation kerosene for airplanes. So the whole essence is that Orient will have their aviation dump where planes from all over the country and outside the country will be landing to refill their planes.

I foresee this airport to be the busiest in West Africa.

Anambra adigo mma for real..

kettykin: how about a sea/river port as against an airport, how about spending that huge sum to complete the concessioning of the Onitsha port as against building an airport when an international airport is just 5km away from Onitsha.

Anambra committee should have been set up to see how the Onitsha port concessioning will be completed , commercialized with ocean going barges lifting crude and goods and bring goods to Onitsha port from neighboring countries and ports.

Much said i will offer Anambra state government officials to contact me or PM for free consultancy on the River Prot commercialization and how the River port can advance anambra to the Large size African economic Power like Cairo, Alexandria, Johannesburg, Mobassa,Adis ababa, abidjan and Accra, rather than the present low economic level they are operating on which is making them compete with Kano state ,Ogun state on the same economic food chain

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
I'm proud of anambra state! Obodo mara mma milk and honey juru,obodo oma nke naijiria,anambra statii 'light of the nation'

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
sai oduah

7 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
I am very sure Stella Oduah will deliver easily and very fast on this task.. cool

Keneking: sai oduah

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by kettykin: 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
Oduah will likely secure the funds and business partners who will bring this project to fruition , however i still believe in the Onitsha Port project

9 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
Anambra International Airport is long over due. Onitsha Port like as I said is an FG project which have since been completed. What is delaying it's operations at the moment is the FG's bureaucracy and concession process.

Investnow2013

kettykin: Oduah will likely secure the funds and business partners who will bring this project to fruition , however i still believe in the Onitsha Port project

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by shiffynaani(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Stellah oduah as chairman?hmm...i can foresee steady progress of the project.infact,it will be completed within six months.

14 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Yeske2(m): 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
This is good news.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Arysexy(m): 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
Great news always coming from Anambra, like chino always say, Anambra leading the pack since 1991

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Leading the pack since 1904 (Zik's birthday) cool

Arysexy: Great news always coming from Anambra, like chino always say, Anambra leading the pack since 1904

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Arysexy(m): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
ChinoElects: Leading the pack since 1904 (Zik's birthday) cheesy

GBAMEST!

NO RIVALS. grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ak47mann(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Anambra will one day become a place of wonders,too much activities going on over there. Dalu Chukwu ABIAMA Olisa bi na igwe kwu Anambra na azu cool

11 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ketoprofen(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
What date is18 months from now?
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nwanne mu, one day Obama will seek to be a citizen of Anambra.. cool

ak47mann: Anambra will one day become a place of wonders,too much activities going on over there. Dalu Chukwu ABIAMA Olisa bi na igwe kwu Anambra na azu cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ferdsmart(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
in case
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by abu12: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
@kettykin you make a reasonable point, onotsha port is a scam perpetrated by FG, but as usual ur brother chino is trying to make ur point meaningless. Chino leave in mirage world, i don't know who tell him orient refinery will work in the first place, let them make the refinery work 1st b4 they talk aviation fuel.

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Rawani: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
Truly overdue. I even thought it was a second airport being built. In 2014?

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ak47mann(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
ChinoElects: Nwanne mu, one day Obama will seek to be a citizen of Anambra.. cool

Very soon o ga me ha vooom na anya cool

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
A step at a time, we shall triumph..Insha Allah!

Rawani: Truly overdue. I even thought it was a second airport being built. In 2014?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
I heard that Chuka Umunna British MP is coming home (Anambra) next month to see Obiano and his kindreds..

ak47mann: Very soon o ga me ha vooom na anya cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by anonimi: 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rawani: Truly overdue. I even thought it was a second airport being built. In 2014?

ak47mann: Anambra will one day become a place of wonders,too much activities going on over there. Dalu Chukwu ABIAMA Olisa bi na igwe kwu Anambra na azu cool

Any similar ACTION plan for provision of something as BASIC as TAP water all over Anambra state
Anyone who is privy to such plan should please share.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
With Stella Odua on the team, the project will be delivered with immediate effect.. cool

Anambra adigo mma!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Arysexy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
anonimi:

Any similar ACTION plan for provision of something as BASIC as TAP water all over Anambra state
Anyone who is privy to such plan should please share.
Thanks in advance.

How many of d states created with Anambra in 1991 has airports apart from Delta?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nwanne you dey fall my hand. The guy is a troll. Stop quoting nor responding to him..

Arysexy:

How many of d states created with Anambra in 1991 has airports apart from Delta?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ak47mann(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
ChinoElects: I heard that Chuka Umunna British MP is coming home (Anambra) next month to see Obiano and his kindreds..

He mentioned something like that i believe chuka umunna is coming to receive some title in anambra his home land.In obiano site the governor said that chuka umunna A british MP, The shadow business secretary are coming with well known powerful british investors to anambra state specially in Agriculture,petrol chemicals,industrial estates business and commerce. soon you will start noticing new super model apartments scattered all over Anambra cities..... cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Arysexy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
ChinoElects: Nwanne you dey fall my hand. The guy is a troll. Stop quoting nor responding to him..

Such haters needs to be put where they belong. imagine d riff raff

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Barr Juliet Isi Ikhayere Campaigns With Peter Obi's Picture / Protest In Ogun Against Electricity Distribution Company / Uproar Over PDP Chairmanship, Stakeholders’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.