Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes (21369 Views)

Wizkid's Ayo(joy) Album Review / Wizkid – Ayo (album Review) / WIZKID (AYO) - Album Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by ojeffo: 7:21am On Sep 20, 2014
Dts my ALBUM...WHO GO BUY AM...FOTO FULL AM OO

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Awoofawo(m): 7:33am On Sep 20, 2014
mckayne:

Don't you have any respect for christ? Why would you make such a lewd joke with him on your poster?

'Ephesians 4:29New International Version (NIV)

29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.'

May God forgive you.

How are you sure that this is Jesus?!

Lord have mercy on their ignorance souls (idols worshippers), they know not what they are saying cool

Adding name of Jesus to the caricature is wrong and your saying the picture is that of christ is also capital WRONG! cool
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by obiscolly(m): 7:40am On Sep 20, 2014
Dreamers! Something that was just released. Check it again by tomorrow lipsrsealed
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by WhoIBe: 7:56am On Sep 20, 2014
top 100 itunes no nigerian, why this lies abi is this a marketing strategy

and people will be commenting without verification, imagine check https://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/albums/ their official site no wizkid but check some personal blog you will see trash,

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 20, 2014
sanandreas: I love the way he show case African attire to The world. no skimpy dresses. he is no longer wizkid but mankid. Be proud of where you come from. your culture is your identity.
I hope u live in a mud hut in one little village cos that's ur culture too
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 20, 2014
WhoIBe: top 100 itunes no nigerian, why this lies abi is this a marketing strategy

and people will be commenting without verification, imagine check https://www.apple.com/itunes/charts/albums/ their official site no wizkid but check some personal blog you will see trash,
i-tunes nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by mekuzee1(m): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2014
Ezyp:

then how come the guy album come de top....maybe the stats de show album just RELEASED on itunes and the op mistake am for top selling album
bur shey u dn eva download song 4rm itunes b4??
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by benkings(m): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2014
mckayne:

Don't you have any respect for christ? Why would you make such a lewd joke with him on your poster?

'Ephesians 4:29New International Version (NIV)

29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.'

May God forgive you.
and who told you that is the picture of Jesus Christ Did d bible tell u jesus took any pics while alife

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Dospix(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2014
20pounds:

I don't think so. P square has gone to the dogs. Their last album was full of copy copy; they copied Eminado and other less known Nigerian artistes.

Wizkid has evolved with this his recent foray into the Afro-beat genre. The only problem is; he is not original and does not play any instrument(not to my knowledge). Afro-beat also entails pan-African disposition and wider outlook on life, instead of the bling bling culture he is used to.

Another reason the album is doing well is cos the internet world is controlled these days by youths his own age, whose understanding and appreciation of music is weird(any noise is welcome as long as it is from the artiste that live the kinda life, they desire). These youths can be found in the higher institutions and have all the time in their hands to surf the net.

P square on the other hand, sing for mature people. With their last album, they seem to have disconnected from their fan base. They are confused on whether to be a Davido or Wizkid! May be their quarrel had finally gotten to them cos they lack the synergy and energy of P square.
you can't speak for everyone, you can only speak for yourself...your comment sounds too objective. We love Psquaer because they are they king of African music.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by sweetgala(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2014
I've heard the whole album it's crap and average at best
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by sanandreas(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2014
Horayce:
I hope u live in a mud hut in one little village cos that's ur culture too

do you think those who live in those mud houses are poor? Horayce if there is no culture, there is no history.
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Dospix(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2014
Who buys Album online in Nigeria? How many people in Nigeria and Africa has an online account? Just a fragment...you can't use itune music store as a yardstick to judge the success of an Album. I bet you that only two percent of Nigerians buy Albums online. For those of you quick to give wizkid all sort of name because of this trival achievement; don't come here hating when you here that Psquare has sold 5 million copies in one week.
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Aida13: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2014
The whole styling of the Ayo track reminds me of Davido's Aye song and video. Just saying. This doesn't feel or look original. Still, props to him for effort. People need more of cultural pride especially for those living in diaspora looking to connect to their roots. They'll probably be the ones buying the album on iTunes the most.
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by phemolala07(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2014
tollytexy: Wetin dey special for this album wey him drop? It wasn't the hottest on itune. Just selected randomly according to it's released date and time! Roger that..
Tru in 2 chain's voice

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Maitommi: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2014
chimajii:

You obviously don't know how itunes work, yet u're here trying to skool unimpressionable Users of this forum. Listen! Not all albums that get released go no.1 on itunes. Get that clear. So you saying an album gets pushed to number one to garner attention is just a misguided info u're spreading. You may want to knw hw charts and it's related features work before spewing. Also, an album released doesn't necessarily mean after days it will fall.. Not in all cases, except people aren't checking for it.
An album could hit no.1 on itunes and remain there for a week. Only and if a new release crops up or another album is catching up on sales will it get knocked off.
Btw it's not even number, maybe on the nigerian itunes charts, @OP u're reaching by having that as the thread title, Clickbait much? Smh

Oga you're a confused human being. Why did wizkid's album then top on the international chat at first? Because people all over the world were checking on it? Lol. Why are there pre-orders(yet to be dropped albums up high on the charts)? Can you tell me why they are on the chat at all?
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by oyewolestephen(m): 9:02am On Sep 20, 2014
20pounds:

I don't think so. P square has gone to the dogs. Their last album was full of copy copy; they copied Eminado and other less known Nigerian artistes.

Wizkid has evolved with this his recent foray into the Afro-beat genre. The only problem is; he is not original and does not play any instrument(not to my knowledge). Afro-beat also entails pan-African disposition and wider outlook on life, instead of the bling bling culture he is used to.

Another reason the album is doing well is cos the internet world is controlled these days by youths his own age, whose understanding and appreciation of music is weird(any noise is welcome as long as it is from the artiste that live the kinda life, they desire). These youths can be found in the higher institutions and have all the time in their hands to surf the net.

P square on the other hand, sing for mature people. With their last album, they seem to have disconnected from their fan base. They are confused on whether to be a Davido or Wizkid! May be their quarrel had finally gotten to them cos they lack the synergy and energy of P square.
it's obvious you don't know what you are writing, the way it contradict each other we psquare fans don't give a damn with the trash you are saying out there.
#teampsquare#

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by abduldope(m): 9:03am On Sep 20, 2014
LadiesPet:

Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed
lwkmd grin grin grin srry 2 say b d end is neAR 4 U
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by oyewolestephen(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2014
Dospix: Who buys Album online in Nigeria? How many people in Nigeria and Africa has an online account? Just a fragment...you can't use itune music store as a yardstick to judge the success of an Album. I bet you that only two percent of Nigerians buy Albums online. For those of you quick to give wizkid all sort of name because of this trival achievement; don't come here hating when you here that Psquare has sold 5 million copies in one week.
dude you copy and paste what's on my mind. You are damn right

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by miqos02(m): 9:08am On Sep 20, 2014
YorubaJesus: 9.99 Dollars for what? I can not fit buy it for that amount. Let's play a game people, what would you rather spend $10 on if you had to buy wizzys album or something else.

Dont forget to click like if u have never bought a wizkids album.
dis is God oh
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by kingmekus(m): 9:12am On Sep 20, 2014
YorubaJesus: 9.99 Dollars for what? I can not fit buy it for that amount. Let's play a game people, what would you rather spend $10 on if you had to buy wizzys album or something else.

Dont forget to click like if u have never bought a wizkids album.
at ur age u neva still get sense...will u cook soup with all the likes u are begging for??...abi how much the thing go give u for ur account..#growupkid!!
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by MarieSucre(f): 9:20am On Sep 20, 2014
LadiesPet:

Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed
Funny enough, the comment you quoted about respecting Christ by using mild and edifying speech in criticism made more sense than yours. pls do not give atheism a bad name.
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by SirAweezy(m): 9:37am On Sep 20, 2014
LadiesPet:

Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed

God: your source of existence, note you didn't just come out of a sh.it-hole, someone created the person that brought you out of that hole!

So be grateful for your existence atleast, give the honor to that which is suprime and your source of being here for 2day.

Bible: that's where you get more info about that God that created you and everything you see and smell around.

Son, you will only be a fool to deny him of his gratutide.

Next time be thankful!
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2014
i have always believed in you my boy. Your new trademark '' fela style' rocks.
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by LogansShadow: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2014
I love the "Mummy mi" and "Joy" track.
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Mcowubaba: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2014
LadiesPet:

Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed
He has a BRAIN...dat has been washed...but..chaii...u don't even have any thing in ur Nervous system.....Repent..or Die...in Methane gas fire....
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by chimajii: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2014
Maitommi:

Oga you're a confused human being. Why did wizkid's album then top on the international chat at first? Because people all over the world were checking on it? Lol. Why are there pre-orders(yet to be dropped albums up high on the charts)? Can you tell me why they are on the chat at all?

smh for a misguided soul like you. Anyways, keep contradicting yourself. Go and understand what u're talking before you run ur mouth.
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Afrok(m): 10:45am On Sep 20, 2014
Life na turn by turn... It got me cracking reading some posts like "Wizkid better than Davido since..." but same people were giving accolades to Davido when he won awards. Bottom-line is, everybody get ehn own lane. I've not listened to the album but I sure know say Naija artists dey rep wella.
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by famora(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2014
LadiesPet:

Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed

Blasphemy shocked
LadiesPet:

Who is God ??
& What is bible ??
You're brain washed

Blasphemy
Re: Wizkid’s “ayo” Album Claims No1 Spot On Itunes by Sacramento4real(m): 11:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Is he a footballer? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Promote My Music On Radio Stations? / Who Is King Of Fuji In Nigeria? / Top Most Listened Radio Station In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.