Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Favorite Sections On User Profiles - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Favorite Sections On User Profiles (1795 Views)

User Interface Design For The Beginning Web Programmmer / Sections-Most-Active-In Algorithm Is Wacked!! / What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Ajibel(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
I just checked my NL Profile and discovered a "Favorite section". How did Seun arrive with this algorithm/logic cuz the Education section isnt one of my favorite section.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Seun(m): 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
Did we get Programming & Sports right, though?
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by bigt2(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Seun: Did we get Programming & Sports right, though?
the number 2 appended to my username is really uncool
Please take notenote angry
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Seun(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
bigt2: the number 2 appended to my username is really uncool
Please take notenote angry
Pls don't derail the topic, sir.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by bigt2(m): 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Seun: Pls don't derail the topic, sir.
I'm not. How else do I complain of waking up and seeing only me with the username I didn'tlog in with? It started after the loss of data but why am I the only victim? With due respect, I'm not derailing
. I hate the bigt2. I'm big-t
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
I saw Programming, Phones and Romance as my favs buh thats opposite the case. My fav sections are Programming | Webmasters | Phones. I think Seun needs to do a re-check on this algorithm used to assign sections. It should be where a user posts frequently. Might be tedious tho buh i know u can do it Seun.

2 Likes

Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by chimeluiz: 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
Woow! I jst noticed it too, its a laudable improvement
Jobs/Vacancy Sexuality Career
I think d algorithm doesn't make use of past data I guess
Or wt is d logic behind the ranking...
Pls sir kindly explain
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by curiouses: 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
You got the politics section right but the two other sections are damn wrong. It should have been Education and some random section, maybe Entertainment.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by bigt2(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Djangocode: I saw Programming, Phones and Romance as my favs buh thats opposite the case. My fav sections are Programming | Webmasters | Phones. I think Seun needs to do a re-check on this algorithm used to assign sections. It should be where a user posts frequently. Might be tedious tho buh i know u can do it Seun.
the algorithm may concern where most you post topics before where you post the most your replies. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Seun(m): 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Djangocode: I saw Programming, Phones and Romance as my favs buh thats opposite the case. My fav sections are Programming | Webmasters | Phones. I think Seun needs to do a re-check on this algorithm used to assign sections. It should be where a user posts frequently. Might be tedious tho buh i know u can do it Seun.
So we got 2 out of 3 right and in the right order and yet it's "opposite the case"?
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Seun: So we got 2 out of 3 right and in the right order and yet it's "opposite the case"?
My bad tho. Shouldnt have used it. Anywayz, U tried a lot. Keep up the good work.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
bigt2: the algorithm may concern where most you post topics before where you post the most your replies. I stand to be corrected though.
I think most replies gets a higher stake in choosing favorites.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by AdamaziShuga(f): 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mine is only Romance angry,I miss my old monikerundecided
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by priscaoge(f): 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
Seun: So we got 2 out of 3 right and in the right order and yet it's "opposite the case"?
Please I wanna know what's wrong with d 'Like' feature,Y do d 'Old Likes' keep reducing once u have new likes? #Sorry if I derailing d thread but just wanna know. #Thanks
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
observing errthing
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Superstar007(m): 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
priscaoge:
Please I wanna know what's wrong with d 'Like' feature,Y do d 'Old Likes' keep reducing once u have new likes? #Sorry if I derailing d thread but just wanna know. #Thanks

Thats because once you upload a new picture, the likes of the previous pictures will be displayed as old likes. Hope you get it?
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Djtm(m): 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
Actually mine was right. Programming and webmasters.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Ishilove: 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
I saw family, romance and religion. Seun, I RARELY visit romance because of their insufferable childishness there. I stopped frequenting religion section a very long time ago. The sections I visit regularly are family and autos and maybe entertainment.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by priscaoge(f): 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
Superstar007:

Thats because once you upload a new picture, the likes of the previous pictures will be displayed as old likes. Hope you get it?
I know it will appear as 'Old Likes' but my question is, Y is d old likes keep reducing anytime u have new likes...Eg if u have 12Old likes n 3New Likes,when it will get to like 5new likes,the 12old likes will go down to sometin like 9Old Likes?undecided
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Superstar007(m): 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
priscaoge:
I know it will appear as 'Old Likes' but my question is, Y is d old likes keep reducing anytime u have new likes...Eg if u have 12Old likes n 3New Likes,when it will get to like 5new likes,the 12old likes will go down to sometin like 9Old Likes?undecided

Never seen anything like that. Just liked your pic and the number of the old likes is still the same.

1 Like

Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by nickz(m): 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
romance and sexuality

its this ggrin girl thats always leading me to sexuality

mods please anyhow sha change mine to religion and bible(if it exists) section,i promise not to post on sexuality againsadsad

i wan take screenshot send give my pastorsad

1 Like

Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 18, 2014

Good morning Mr Seun please what happened to the "deactivate" please I have been trying to delete my nairaland account and am seeing something like I should try in a week or two weeks time what's the issue please?I have complained to moderators on the travel section and no one wants to help.would appreciate if you can help.Thank you
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by ggrin(f): 11:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
nickz: romance and sexuality

its this [s]ggrin girl[/] nickz boy thats always leading me to sexuality

mods please anyhow sha change mine to religion and bible(if it exists) section,i promise not to post on sexuality againsadsad

ashawolipsrsealed
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by nickz(m): 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
ggrin: ashawolipsrsealed
mods please ban this moniker
its disturbing my spiritual lifesadsad

1 Like

Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Damsman10(m): 12:03am On Sep 19, 2014
AdamaziShuga: Mine is only Romance
hmm
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Damsman10(m): 12:05am On Sep 19, 2014
nickz: romance and sexuality

its this ggrin girl thats always leading me to sexuality

see ur signature gan; devil dey shiver
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Damsman10(m): 12:07am On Sep 19, 2014
Djtm: Actually mine was right. Programming and webmasters.
me2, thumbs up...
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by An0nimus: 1:38am On Sep 19, 2014
Saw it yesterday too. At first I thought its sections we followed until I saw Diaries and Literature which I can't even remember when I unfollowed them.

@Seun is it possible to use just sections we follow? Or set up an algorithm using our last 100/200/500 posts to pick our most visited sections? Whichever case, the feature is nice.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Idrismusty97(m): 1:54am On Sep 19, 2014
Those are the sections you comment in the most even if it isn't your favourite and you rarely visit it. I can remembered i have commented in lot of Pastor Chris and T.B Joshua topics making frontpage.....Hence the religion section have been placed as one of the "sections i am most active in". The same goes for Politics and Education. Go through your posts and you would see the sections placed as your favorite are the ones you comment in the most. I also wondered how Education section which i rarely visit is placed as my favorite until i realised all those "IQ test", "10 deadly weapons", "blahblah" on frontpage are actually in the Education section. I usually comment on such topics. If the maximum sections to be displayed is Four then i am 100% sure the "Foreign affair" Section would be automatically placed as one of my favorites, If it is Five then the "Nairaland/General" section would be next. I comment in those sections a lot. It is good he have changed the name from "Favorite section" to "Section(s) most active in". That is much better! The feature is perfect!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 19, 2014
General section is my favourite and can't see it on my profile. I seldom visit the romance section. The guess work is false and it's against our privacy :/
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by Ajibel(m): 9:25am On Sep 19, 2014

100% correct.
Re: Favorite Sections On User Profiles by ggrin(f): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2014
nickz: mods please ban me
NL is disturbing my spiritual lifesadsad
ehyasad

(1) (2) (Reply)

iOS and Android App Development with Xamarin / Learn And Develop Real Life Web Applications In 11 Weeks / Please How Do I Install Nulled Xenforo Script On My Hosting Server?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.