Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,990 members, 7,806,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness (30152 Views)

Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 / Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Dygeasy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
ModusOperandi: I can't believe you're this gullible shocked shocked

That lil trick Joke Silva pulled that night was all an act, it has always been like that
You can make more sense without the insult you know. undecided
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Barayeks(m): 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
#TeamDebbie. cool
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by franzis(m): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
I don't watch the show anyway, so I don't know what the op is talking about
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by doramy(f): 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
U r saying d truth,i thought people didn't notice what mtn is doing dis season.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Paulv(m): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Larrey: geoffrey
okay.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by akinsadeez(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
I don't think shola's eviction is a very good example of how the new format is bad considering the fact that his performance of tu face's song d week before was one of d weakest even though overall shops was a better singer dan some if d oda contestants who are still in d house.

I think d constant placing of Christian on probation is a more fitting example. Even after singing to a standing ovation from the fans, judges and faculty, you would still be shocked to see Christian on probation on saturday. It means he is a good singer but doesn't have enough fans voting for him.

I fully expect ruky to win. not because she is d best singer but because it seems she has a large fan base voting for her. she has not been on probation even once.

I hope emeka wins followed by Geoffrey, Christian and clement
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by jaxxy(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
macklef: I agree with ur analysis, sentiments will ruin d quality of the show, thats what made eyo be among the top 5 then. We all know eyo could not sing well, he was always on probation,
Because he had people who always voted for him, he was there till d last day. Even manned 3rd, where ochuko and yetunde were far better than him.
If its let out to the public its not good.

Sadly dats hw most of these talent shows r even "the voice" in the us, d guy who won wsnt d best singer bt cos he had more votes
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by eminex(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
let me state this. I don't believe dat d votes count except d program is aired at most a week after d live show...
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
I think Debbie should have been evicted a long time ago. I want Geoffrey to win cos I think he is the best.

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Aylawani: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
.....Since Shola's eviction I stopped watching this scrap
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by pomide(m): 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
I walked into this thread with high hopes of gaining something...only to be discouraged by the long essay...*bounces outta threads* call me when there's a summary
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by raphy(m): 1:35am On Sep 22, 2014
adepiero: Ogini! "use to use" bawo? ogbeni don't corrupt our diction abeg, correct ur sef asap!
na u b our Dicktion teacher for Nairaland.mr sabi u no dey do mistake wt ya english.?
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by raphy(m): 1:44am On Sep 22, 2014
laralabelle: I think Debbie should have been evicted a long time ago. I want Geoffrey to win cos I think he is the best.
it seems like u know ds guy.if he wins wht is ya own gain as his fan?will he share d money wt u?or marry u?think about tht
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by tk4rd: 5:45am On Sep 22, 2014
isaactolu: MTN is one of the most innovative and creative brand in Nigeria, I know a lot of you have issues with them (including me) but that does not deny the fact that this company has been proven time and again to be miles ahead in creativity and innovations. From their advertisements, their value added services, community projects to their talent hunts and reality shows am sure you will agree with me that they are a genius or let me say they have some genius handling these areas because in some other areas, hmmm you and I know MTN ‘na wash’. A lot of us still remember the“Chris, where is the phone” advert not to talk of the more recent Saka I don port ooo advert, the truth be said MTN makes us enjoy watching adverts on TV, not to talk of ‘Who Want To Be A Millionaire’ show and their Project Fame West Africa is undoubtedly the best among its peers.

Project Fame West Africa (which I will refer to as PFWA henceforth) is the best talent development reality TV show in West Africa. PFWA has produced some of the country’s finest musicians since its inception 7 years ago and all, I mean all of it past winners have gone on to become hits in the music industry, from Iyanya, Chidinma, Monica and recently Olawale, you will agree with me that PFWA has always produced stars.
Have you ever wait for a minute to examine why PFWA always produce stars that after the show make their marks and become popular in the music industry whereas rival TV shows like Glo Naija sings, Etisalat’s Nigerian Idol repeatedly fail to match such feat? You will observe that we don’t even get to remember the names of past winners of these rival shows whereas we can still vividly remember who the fourth runners up of like 3 seasons ago of PFWA was.
PFWA has become this successful simply because of its structure of operation what we can call its Modus Operandi. Rival shows all have the same structure which differs from PFWA structure and that is why they are not as successful. PFWA is structured in such a way that it will always produce the best from the bests.
We have a panel of judges, the faculty and the contestants. The faculty gives each contestant a task to do, a song to perform and they also coach and tutor them so as to get them to give the best performance possible. All the contestants perform at the show where they are scrutinized by the judges pointing out their errors and areas they need to improve on. The judges then select the 4 worst performance of the day and put them on probation. From these 4 contestants, the viewers will save a contestant; the faculty one and the other contestant will save 1 the other contestant not saved will exit the show.

If you look at this structure properly you will notice that it is guaranteed to produce the best out of the bests. A very good contestant is likely never to be on probation throughout the show- we have seen this in past seasons, examples include Monica, Chidinma etc. But this season MTN just came up with the greedy idea of putting all the contestants on probation after the 3rd week. This act will surely increase MTN’s revenue from voting but it will kill the quality of the show as it is the contestant with the highest number of votes that get to remain in the competition cos we all know that anybody that will vote due to the high cost of the SMS charge will only vote for his/her friend or relative among the contestants regardless of whether he/she is aware that the person is good or not. In other words, I can’t have a friend or relative among the contestants and not vote for him/her even if I realize there are better contestants in the show.

What this will result into is producing the contestant with the highest no of rich friends and relatives (who could afford the high cost of voting) as winner instead of the producing the best contestant as winner. This is the system that rival shows are using that is making them never to produce a true star. MTN following this system will surely increase their purse but will speedily kill the quality of the show.
And we are already experiencing this in the exit of Shola (I know you all agree that he is by far better than some of the contestants left in the competition). Just look at the scenario that put Geoffrey, Shola, Christian and Daniella on probation believe you me if the original system had been used, none/just one of them would have been on probation.

MTN will truly make money from this new system but at the same time they will kill the quality of the show, it is now left for them to either choose to pursue money or the quality of the competition.

- Source: http://www.trendyglitzy.com/2014/09/how-mtn-is-killing-quality-of-project.html
If they should put all the contestants on probation, then, they should vote the other way round. They should put up the vote for the contestant that should be eliminated. Just like the way it is in the BBA.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by adepiero: 8:26am On Sep 22, 2014
raphy: na u b our Dicktion teacher for Nairaland.mr sabi u no dey do mistake wt ya english.?
quote my error and I'll be happy to correct myself or be corrected
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Tunagee(m): 9:04am On Sep 22, 2014
so what is my business with that; and would that put food on my table? crap and bullshit!!!
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by tochstorm(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2014
You mean project scam fame.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Melahou(m): 10:16am On Sep 22, 2014
you have a point there..
but guess what...
it doesn't improve my standard of living
so let them do whatever they want to do
its biz as usual.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2014
chibwike: After chidinma's set. I gave up on project fame. Dont watch it anymore
you spoke my mind...I only watch it if I stumble on it. Same applies to GUS,they have lost their touch
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by chibwike(m): 11:19am On Sep 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
you spoke my mind...I only watch it if I stumble on it. Same applies to GUS,they have lost their touch
Barbie how are you
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 22, 2014
I wonder oooo am even surprise what this girl called rukky still duing in the house cox she's not impressing
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by omokoladele(m): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Shola was one of the Best. MTN with their wayo way
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by pek(m): 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
isaactolu:
Do you follow the show at all? The presenters even specifically mention it that "from now henceforth all the contestants will be on probation and only your vote can save them".
I want to believe these are your words. If a presenter utter those words, he/she should be yanked off the programme.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by elected(m): 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
But MTN would have sponsored other things that will benefit and elevate poverty. Everything in Nigeria is just entertainment. Its time you people get serious. Nigeria is such a joke! Aren't you guys had enough music and bar? Everybody wants to be style. Collapsed building, unable to fix german car, no vocational study center to train skilled workers and etc. You all are busy playing music and drinking, trying to miraculously become rich someday. Sad!
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by jaydee87(m): 11:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
ModusOperandi: I can't believe you're this gullible shocked shocked

That lil trick Joke Silva pulled that night was all an act, it has always been like that
op who tell u say na pfwa na em produce d best for me its still idols that has the best omawunmi, timi, Lara goerge still do best to come out of reality talent show
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by lizzieswaggz(f): 11:50am On Sep 23, 2014
;DI totally aqree wiv wiv ur analysis...dy shud scrap d votinq stuff...jaweh! ;DI totally aqree wiv wiv ur analysis...dy shud scrap d votinq stuff...jaweh!
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by SenatorJames(m): 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
isaactolu: MTN is one of the most innovative and creative brand in Nigeria, I know a lot of you have issues with them (including me) but that does not deny the fact that this company has been proven time and again to be miles ahead in creativity and innovations. From their advertisements, their value added services, community projects to their talent hunts and reality shows am sure you will agree with me that they are a genius or let me say they have some genius handling these areas because in some other areas, hmmm you and I know MTN ‘na wash’. A lot of us still remember the“Chris, where is the phone” advert not to talk of the more recent Saka I don port ooo advert, the truth be said MTN makes us enjoy watching adverts on TV, not to talk of ‘Who Want To Be A Millionaire’ show and their Project Fame West Africa is undoubtedly the best among its peers.

Project Fame West Africa (which I will refer to as PFWA henceforth) is the best talent development reality TV show in West Africa. PFWA has produced some of the country’s finest musicians since its inception 7 years ago and all, I mean all of it past winners have gone on to become hits in the music industry, from Iyanya, Chidinma, Monica and recently Olawale, you will agree with me that PFWA has always produced stars.
Have you ever wait for a minute to examine why PFWA always produce stars that after the show make their marks and become popular in the music industry whereas rival TV shows like Glo Naija sings, Etisalat’s Nigerian Idol repeatedly fail to match such feat? You will observe that we don’t even get to remember the names of past winners of these rival shows whereas we can still vividly remember who the fourth runners up of like 3 seasons ago of PFWA was.
PFWA has become this successful simply because of its structure of operation what we can call its Modus Operandi. Rival shows all have the same structure which differs from PFWA structure and that is why they are not as successful. PFWA is structured in such a way that it will always produce the best from the bests.
We have a panel of judges, the faculty and the contestants. The faculty gives each contestant a task to do, a song to perform and they also coach and tutor them so as to get them to give the best performance possible. All the contestants perform at the show where they are scrutinized by the judges pointing out their errors and areas they need to improve on. The judges then select the 4 worst performance of the day and put them on probation. From these 4 contestants, the viewers will save a contestant; the faculty one and the other contestant will save 1 the other contestant not saved will exit the show.

If you look at this structure properly you will notice that it is guaranteed to produce the best out of the bests. A very good contestant is likely never to be on probation throughout the show- we have seen this in past seasons, examples include Monica, Chidinma etc. But this season MTN just came up with the greedy idea of putting all the contestants on probation after the 3rd week. This act will surely increase MTN’s revenue from voting but it will kill the quality of the show as it is the contestant with the highest number of votes that get to remain in the competition cos we all know that anybody that will vote due to the high cost of the SMS charge will only vote for his/her friend or relative among the contestants regardless of whether he/she is aware that the person is good or not. In other words, I can’t have a friend or relative among the contestants and not vote for him/her even if I realize there are better contestants in the show.

What this will result into is producing the contestant with the highest no of rich friends and relatives (who could afford the high cost of voting) as winner instead of the producing the best contestant as winner. This is the system that rival shows are using that is making them never to produce a true star. MTN following this system will surely increase their purse but will speedily kill the quality of the show.
And we are already experiencing this in the exit of Shola (I know you all agree that he is by far better than some of the contestants left in the competition). Just look at the scenario that put Geoffrey, Shola, Christian and Daniella on probation believe you me if the original system had been used, none/just one of them would have been on probation.

MTN will truly make money from this new system but at the same time they will kill the quality of the show, it is now left for them to either choose to pursue money or the quality of the competition.

- Source: http://www.trendyglitzy.com/2014/09/how-mtn-is-killing-quality-of-project.html
True talk my brother. The one that pains me most is how they evicted Taiwo (a great entertainer among them)
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by SenatorJames(m): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
plainmirror: In a nutshell please.
You don't expect me to read all that here in church, do you?
grin
Likewise we don't expect you to be on Nairaland while in church, do we?
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by isaactolu: 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Geoffrey won
Rukky-2nd
Christian-3rd
Clement-4th

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by princesa(f): 11:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
^You don't say? shocked
so after all the Emekus! Emekus! People dem no vote? Kai!

Well Geoffrey deserve the price though. And oh, thnks for the spoilerswink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#bbnaija: NINA Gets Massive Billboard At Imo State University Junction / 3 Idiots - 2017 Nollywood Movie Thriller - YET FILMS / 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.