Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? (31204 Views)

Learn How To Start Oil And Gas Biz + Internet Marketing Biz (photos and proofs) / Start Oil And Gas Business In Nigeria / I Need Information On Oil And Gas Business(provide Me With Infoand Get Paid). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by dival247(m): 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2008
guys out there i'm interested in d oil and gas business wot do i need to start d business??
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by Tonyet1(m): 9:36am On Nov 04, 2008
@dival247

first of all you will need to know what area of oil nad gas biz u want to get involve with, maybe i could really help you with some options to choose from

1. leasing of marine equipments
2. buying oil products (AGO, PMS, DPK,CRUDE, HPFO, LPFO,LUBE OIL,HYDRAULIC OIL etc)
3. selling oil products (specific or general cargoes)
4.broking/consultancy

learn me know your interest i could really help you

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by wapijay(m): 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2008
am interested in buyin' n selling oil products.wat do i need to start up?
tonye-t:

@dival247

first of all you will need to know what area of oil nad gas biz u want to get involve with, maybe i could really help you with some options to choose from

1. leasing of marine equipments
2. buying oil products (AGO, PMS, DPK,CRUDE, HPFO, LPFO,LUBE OIL,HYDRAULIC OIL etc)
3. selling oil products (specific or general cargoes)
4.broking/consultancy

learn me know your interest i could really help you
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by Tonyet1(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2008
@wapijay

what are your contacts because in oil and gas biz u will need people to also need ur products, let me explain

chevron[/b]or some other oil related companies could require some stipulated qty of a certain product, hence they will scout for suppliers, now that is where u could come in[b] OR NNPC may want to sell their product at a cheap rate and with contacts (from people who know, example like me) you could get informed and make your purchases, and so and so the chain of biz keeps going
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by kliverpool(m): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2008
all you need is money
money money
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by stdondammy(m): 12:34am On Dec 31, 2008
guy,all you need is money and customer to buy d product.Anyway am into oil and gas and i make my cool money sololy but there is one thing in oil and gas,the larger your capital,the larger your profit;but if you are usin small capital,the smaller your profit.i knw in-to-to about oil and gas feel free to talk to me.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by suze(f): 8:42am On Dec 31, 2008
I'm into it too. To do it well you need some amount of money for the bank to support you.As for me, I use LPO financing facility from my bank for the LPOs i cant handle myself.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by nthnymarce(m): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2008
suze,u will need to educate me more. what licence do one require to move into oil broking and consultancy. foreign partners will always ask for it. suze, i will appreciate ur personal email.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by PROJECT: 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2008
i have petroleum product am in ghana and have some very good links,i deal with most especially jet a oil for air craft,if you are interested pls contact me
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by lovesopure: 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2009
Hey suze pls can you tell me like the amount of capital one needs to have as base. and pls can i have your email?
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by moneytalk(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2009
@PROJECT,

Kindly explain in details your links n ACCRA or anywhere in Ghana am really interested in JET Oil 4 Aircraft BIZ,

@Gbemi203,

When is the next Seminar and were is it taking place please inform.

@ ALL,

Do anyone knows more details and info into OIL & GAZ biz kindly inform the house in full.
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by suze(f): 7:55am On Jan 08, 2009
@nthynymarce.

If u just wanna be a broker, u dont need any licence cos ur not buying or selling directly.
(1)All you need is your registered company with C.A.C
(2)A business development agency agreement between you and your supplier prepared by a lawyer
(3)A proper m.o.u drafted by a lawyer between u and a direct supplier so he would pay you your agency fees.
(4) Contacts of real and serious buyers

cos there are a lot of jokers and time wasters in this biz

But if ur gonna be importing , buying in large quantities and storing @ d depot to sell,
U need a DPR certificate and import permit

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by suze(f): 8:05am On Jan 08, 2009
@ lovesopure

The capital needed is relative depending on what scale you are talking about

The profit margin is usually small but the advantage is in the frequency. People use petroleum products daily.

If you wanna start with supplying one truck of A.G.O i.e 33,000litres, you'll need like 2.5million

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by suze(f): 8:10am On Jan 08, 2009
@ nthynymarce and lovesopure my email is brentcol.nig@gmail.com
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by Obalende: 1:49am On Jan 09, 2009
please could people with insight in this business please educate naive new comers like myself.
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by face22: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2009
@dival247
you need money and knowlege
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by EmmaAjayi(m): 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2009
Nairalanders,
Pls if one needs to learn about the intricasies of the business, who is ready to induct on apprenticeship level. I'm ready to learn.

Another one is "can =N=5Million be enough to start something tangible?"
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by omolayo1(m): 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2009
GOOD INFOS I MUST SAY.
I WILL LIKE TO GET INDEPT INFO ON HOW IT WORKS OR PREFERABLY BEING AN APPRENTICE TO SOMEBODY ON THE LINE SO THAT I CAN LEARN B4 INVESTING. I'M INTO HIRING OF HEAVY WAIGHT MACHINE BUT WILL LIKE TO DIVERT TO OIL AND GAS IF POSSIBLE.
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by dmprince: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2009
Oil and Gas Biz is cool and makes cool cash. I'm into it and I will encourage people to get into the business. I used to organize seminars on it but I've stopped. I have a book I can recommend. It is really good to have the book if you are interested in Oil and Gas. It exposes you to all you need to start the business and also contains contact numbers of Oil firms. If you need the book send me a mail on top.priorityoil@yahoo.com
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by ilaugh1: 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2009
Oil and gas business - what do you have?
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by EmmaAjayi(m): 10:11am On Jan 19, 2009
Anybody in the house who can undertake to take somebody on apprenticeship?

dmprince, I will mail you asap.
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by layi(m): 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2009
There are several opportunities in the oil and gas industry. You can fit in anywhere within the 3 subscetors, upstream, midstream and downstream.

Midstream is almost impossible for individuals cos of the high capital requirement.

Mistream also requires a lot of capital but is more stable in terms of returns. This mainly deals with storage of petroleum products in large quality (milliions od liters) in what we call TankFarms. The average tank farm can cost up to 2Billion to build. However you can lease tank farms and then rent out making huge profits daily. The demand is there. Invest N100M and make N300M in 3 months.

Downstream has easier entry level. Thats distribution of the products. You can supply fuel (AGO especially) in tankers. You can build or rent filling stations etc. The marginal profit might be low but the frequency brings in amazing cashflow.

I am an oil^gas consultant

07056350053 (ola)

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by lovesopure: 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2009
Suez

pls check ur email, thanks
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by Danso(m): 1:31pm On Jan 26, 2009
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by layi(m): 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2009
U saw my number, you call me if u r serious 07056350053
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by bluaces: 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2009
The answers on this thread amazes me.

You need information basically as a starter in oil and gas biz more importantly than the capital,

, what hapens when yu've got the right amt of cash and lack of info,

, and for the holy wood dreamers saying sow 100m and reap 300% in 3months is just fakish doesn't work that way

, i urge u to look for the right info o, threader, tk guys

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by escottkr8t(m): 12:02am On Aug 09, 2009
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by nonsooka4(m): 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2009
whose got ago or some good links where i can load my tankers with minimum stress,
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by bolajideco: 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2009

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by tiktak: 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2009
you need MONYYYYYYYY
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by sodium(m): 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hi Project; kindly send your contact to wolenchy@yahoo.com, I have biz for you.
Re: What Do I Need To Start Oil And Gas Business? by escottkr8t(m): 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami And His Wife Asba Emami Celebrate 8th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's White Wedding In Lagos (Photos) / From Fuel Attendant To Financial Manager, Man Shares Story (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.