Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Disadvantages Of Being Tall - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Disadvantages Of Being Tall (5284 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Disadvantages Of Being Handsome: / Why are Men not Crazy about Tall Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Being Tall by tosyne2much(m): 7:07am On Sep 19, 2014
Being tall seems so good that people wish they were tall.. Unless you are tall, or you are very observant, you never really think that tall people do actually
have it bad sometimes. I'm a guy of 6ft 4in tall and I know what it feels like.. So let's take a look at the biggest disadvantages of being tall.

1. Standing Out In a Party,

I personally avoid dancing in a party when I see every guy who is shorter dancing with any random lady and I jst keep looking weird because if i dance everyone will see me and I don't like being the center of attention in such accassion.

1. Beds Are Too Small

There's nothing worse than your
feet hanging off the bed when
you are trying to get to sleep. I remembered when I was in the hostel, sleeping on a mattres that 2ft of my legs would be long and out on the floor. An average size bed will not fit you perfectly

2. Blocking Other People's Views

You have all been there. You are in a church, or a lecture theatre and some short people behind you are finding it difficult to see due to your height.. It really feels like intimidating these people.. Sometimes, when the are being frustrated, you hear some of them hissing at you

3. During Laundry and Leaning
Most times when I go to church for sanitation, mopping the church auditorium seems like hell. I hate bending down to wash my dirty clothes and wash the dishes. I usually spend a good 2 hours as a minimum washing my clothes and there's nothing worse than having to bend your back for the whole
process.

4. You Have To Be Selective Hugging

It's sometimes awkward when you want to hug someone who is short, I feel very uncomfortable because those passing by would probably be laughing inwardly

5. Can't Take Pictures With People Anyhow -
During an occassion or a wedding reception, you see a short or an average height person taking pictures here and there.. Most times when I take pictures with a not so tall person, I always want it to be in a close shot so that the height difference would not be noticed

6. Sitting on Public Transport Seats Is Very Uncomfortable.

Whether it's danfo buses, travel buses. Try having to endure a 7 hour journey in a cramped seat with my knees being shredded by the seat in front of you. It's modern day torture for me

Pls share your views

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by marieolae(f): 7:12am On Sep 19, 2014
I'm 5'9-10 and I've never experienced any of these problems.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by djeezy(m): 7:21am On Sep 19, 2014
Whilst taking group photos they always place me at the back......Nah my bed ain't small.....I fit in perfectly. I agree completely with no 6.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by elari(m): 7:27am On Sep 19, 2014
1: standing out anywhere makes u unique, 2: there are long matresses, I sleep on and I don't see my leg over and out, 3: blocking peoples view: gadammit, I never ask them to be short. Bear it or change position. 4: my friend u are just being lazy, bend down and get use to it. 5: hugging: am not use to hugging guys sha, but I dey hug girls well, some very short, and its all normal around. 6: photo: I sabi take am wella, but I no too like to take am with short person wey no gree stand for u, short person has to measure up and not me measuring down. 7: travel: hehehe, always go early and take the seat after the dRiver, dats d first Row after the driver's seat. Enuf space always dey dia. N if its ur caR, adjust seat sharperly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by ERCROSS(m): 7:28am On Sep 19, 2014
tosyne2much:

You have all been there. You are in a church, or a lecture theatre and some short people behind you are finding it difficult to see due to your height.. It really feels like intimidating these people.. Sometimes, when the are being frustrated, you hear some of them hissing at you

This is why i hate sitting behind 'sule' who happens to be the tallest guy in d class.
I could remember when a dude shouted frm the back of the class while sule was sitting in his usual front seating.
'sule, remove ur head joor... ur head is blocking me'..
grin
Mehn..
Primary skool dayz

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by chimerase2: 7:30am On Sep 19, 2014
Wen I was small I was always ashamed of ma mins3 cus it was too long and over size at dat ma young age
But nw it has been helping de man of God to kill stubborn cats around ma area undecided

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by chimerase2: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2014
No 6 shaa but anoda wahala na tall and lanky
Blieve u me son of man if u sit in de middle of two fat woman u will knw dat der is difference btw 6 and half a dozen undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Arsenalholic(m): 7:34am On Sep 19, 2014
tosyne2much: Being tall seems so good that people wish they were tall.. Unless you are tall, or you are very observant, you never really think that tall people do actually
have it bad sometimes. I'm a guy of 6ft 4in tall and I know what it feels like.. So let's take a look at the biggest disadvantages of being tall.

You have all been there. You are in a church, or a lecture theatre and some short people behind you are finding it difficult to see due to your height.. It really feels like intimidating these people.. Sometimes, when the are being frustrated, you hear some of them hissing at you.

Whether it's danfo buses, travel buses. Try having to endure a 7 hour journey in a cramped seat with my knees being shredded be the seat in front of you. It's modern day torture for me

Pls share your views
I'm 6ft 2in. And number two is particularly annoying at viewing centres.

I usually like sitting at the front, very close to d TV- especially when my darling team is involved. But becos of my height, it's usually impossible to sit there.

You hear stuffs like ''bros abeg, you for come back o''.. This one is being polite. Another may say rudely ''bros abeg no be you we come watch o, make you go back''

And No.6, is sooo true! I detest travelling in public transport mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by tosyne2much(m): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2014
Arsenalholic: I'm 6ft 2in. And number two is particularly annoying at viewing centres.

I usually like sitting at the front, very close to d TV- especially when my darling team is involved. But becos of my height, it's usually impossible to sit there.

You hear stuffs like ''bros abeg, you for come back o''.. This one is being polite. Another may say rudely ''bros abeg no be you we come watch o, make you go back''

And No.6, is sooo true! I detest travelling in public transport mehn.
the bolded got me laughing... I can't stop laughing here

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by naijaboiy: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2014
elari: 1: standing out anywhere makes u unique
Yes,,it makes you unique and sometimes the centre of attraction sometimes it's embarrassing undecided

2: there are long matresses, I sleep on and I don't see my leg over and out,
Did you attend a boarding school??...if yes,,you'll understand what the Op is saying..most of the bunks are not made for people above 6ft

3: blocking peoples view: gadammit, I never ask them to be short. Bear it or change position.
it doesn't mean you should intimidate people below your height,,when you get to class,,simply go to the back where no one will complain undecided
#UseYourChurchMind smiley

6: photo: I sabi take am wella, but I no too like to take am with short person wey no gree stand for u, short person has to measure up and not me measuring down.

you're making being tall look like a very big deal undecided

7: travel: hehehe, always go early and take the seat after the dRiver, dats d first Row after the driver's seat. Enuf space always dey dia. N if its ur caR, adjust seat sharperly
Ok,,this is on point cool
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Arsenalholic(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2014
tosyne2much: the bolded got me laughing... I can't stop laughing here
grin. Egbon you no trust naija guys with their bad mouth? Especially all those ready-for-battle-at-anytime Chelsea supporters( I no talk o).
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 19, 2014
Am tall and i love d way i am...there natin dat doesn't av disadvantage,itz jst dat dis ur above listed disadvantages ehn....itz meant 4 extraordinarily tall pple.
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by addictiv(m): 7:51am On Sep 19, 2014
ahh no 6 is always a problem. I have to choose special positions with enough leg room each time I want to travel.
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by naijaboiy: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2014
tosyne2much: Being tall seems so good that people wish they were tall.. Unless you are tall, or you are very observant, you never really think that tall people do actually

1. Standing Out In a Party,

I personally avoid dancing in a party when I see every guy who is shorter dancing with any random lady and I jst keep looking weird because if i dance everyone will see me and I don't like being the center of attention in such accassion.

1. Beds Are Too Small

There's nothing worse than your
feet hanging off the bed when
you are trying to get to sleep. I remembered when I was in the hostel, sleeping on a mattres that 2ft of my legs would be on the bare floor. An average size bed will not fit you perfectly

3. During Laundry and Leaning
Most times when I go to church for sanitation, mopping the church auditorium seems like hell. I hate bending down to wash my dirty clothes and wash the dishes. I usually spend a good 2 hours as a minimum washing my clothes and there's nothing worse than having to bend your back for the whole
process.

4. You Have To Be Selective Hugging

It's sometimes awkward when you want to hug someone who is short, I feel very uncomfortable because those passing by would probably be laughing inwardly

5. Can't Take Pictures With People Anyhow -
During an occassion or a wedding reception, you see a short or an average height person taking pictures here and there.. Most times when I take pictures with a not so tall person, I always want it to be in a close shot so that the height difference would not be noticed

Whether it's danfo buses, travel buses. Try having to endure a 7 hour journey in a cramped seat with my knees being shredded by the seat in front of you. It's modern day torture for me

Pls share your views
That number one reminds me of a senior back then in school...a very tall dude,,he always folds himself while sleeping.

I wonder how he enjoys his sleep embarassed

Meanwhile,,most girls like their guys being tall lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by tosyne2much(m): 7:53am On Sep 19, 2014
Harbosede02: Am tall and i love d way i am...there natin dat doesn't av disadvantage,itz jst dat dis ur above listed disadvantages ehn....itz meant 4 extraordinarily tall pple.
what's ur height my dear ?
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by tosyne2much(m): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2014
if a guy is much taller dan his
babe, his upper
leg length makes d.oggy style very difficult.. D.oggy style sef na like Waec exam grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by lawrenceunaa: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2014
am not all that tall sha wink
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Bigzig(m): 8:15am On Sep 19, 2014
Ooh if its about height i've got no problem with that..infact i hardly come across shorter people..thats why am always pleased because she's got a nice height too*Can You Beat That*
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by destante(f): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2014
we may soon have a thread on disadvantages of being a human. undecided

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Heritage7(m): 8:32am On Sep 19, 2014
@6ft 2 (maybe 3 now) and still growing!!! height is a challenge. Playing football is even more challenging: you will hear guys shouting "go mark tall guy + leave d short ones jawe" > and lik that, three strong guys go mark you like say nah only you dey field. I still score sha(most times not with head oh)...dia fada.

BUT now am porting to basketball...and it is making sense.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2014
Being tall is the best thing that can happen to anyone Living on planet earth.

Tips to be tall:
Eat beans
Eat plenty beans
Keep eating beans
I say eat beans eeeeee
Finally don't stop eating beans grin

Thank you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Default20(f): 8:52am On Sep 19, 2014
If you have your money.... forget all those.

1. Standing out in a party if you have money people won't care how tall your might be,they will drag you to the dance flour or let you be.

2. Beds are too small.. i just have to laugh on this...really? get your money even if you want to sleep on river,have you ever seen jackson's bed it can occupy 10 people or more.

3. Block other other people's view. People don't give a damn,they wanna look at you in the first place..... they want to see the money in you.

4. Can't take pix woth other people... op,pls get money,people will queue to take pix with you,you might feel awkward though buh you will be happy.

Sitting in public transport what are you doing there in d first place.... av u eva seen dangote in public trans?

in summary,get money and forget all op's point....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Wisdytech(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2014
hmmmmmmmm! kai so everything now has a disadvantages? Just asking sha!

very very soon someone will write on "DISADVANTAGES OF BEING ON NAIRALAND".
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Odunharry(m): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2014
[b]My dear Ghanaians; Its church,
not 'Chech'.,Pastor, not 'pastar'.
Doctor, not 'Dactar'.

My fellow Nigerians; Its bath,
not 'baff'. Our currency is called
Naira, not 'narrah'.

My dear Edo people; Its
argument, not 'ajument'.

My dear Yorubas; Its Air, not
'hair'. Eight,not 'hate'. Its Van Persie,
not 'Fan Persin'.

My dear Ibadan peeps; Its not
'sun tissu', its Sean Tizzle! Its not 'siro' but zero!

My dear Hausa people Its fifty,
not 'pipty'.
Its people, not 'fiffle'. Its five, not
'pipe'. Glo, not 'gilo'!
Seriously it is 'Tuface weds Annie Macauley', stop saying
'Toothpaste weds Animal
calling'.

My Egun people; Its actually
'MTN' and not 'NTM'!

My dear Calabar peeps; Kindly
note its love and not 'rurf'.

My Benue and Anambra people;
Its not 'Lick Loss', its 'Rick Ross'.

My Igbo people; There is nothing
like 'thaaasand', it is thousand. It
is bed-sheet and not 'bay sheet'.
And its thirty, not 'thartie'!
Our Lord's prayer is actually 'Our
Father, who at in Heaven. Hallowed be your name...', and
not 'Our Father, look at eleven,
adaobi thy name...'[/b]

13 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Dayhorla: 9:40am On Sep 19, 2014
marieolae: I'm 5'9-10 and I've never experienced any of these problems.
U should ave experienced 6 at least unless u don't travel in public buses
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by rigarmortis: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2014

blive me at 5'9...you are short
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 19, 2014
chimerase2: No 6 shaa but anoda wahala na tall and lanky
Blieve u me son of man if u sit in de middle of two fat woman u will knw dat der is difference btw 6 and half a dozen undecided
See as your head nearly touch ceiling undecided
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by rigarmortis: 9:42am On Sep 19, 2014
would you rather be short?
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by tosyne2much(m): 9:44am On Sep 19, 2014
Default20: If you have your money.... forget all those.

1. Standing out in a party if you have money people won't care how tall your might be,they will drag you to the dance flour or let you be.

2. Beds are too small.. i just have to laugh on this...really? get your money even if you want to sleep on river,have you ever seen jackson's bed it can occupy 10 people or more.

3. Block other other people's view. People don't give a damn,they wanna look at you in the first place..... they want to see the money in you.

4. Can't take pix woth other people... op,pls get money,people will queue to take pix with you,you might feel awkward though buh you will be happy.

Sitting in public transport what are you doing there in d first place.... av u eva seen dangote in public trans?

in summary,get money and forget all op's point....
what is this one saying ? See the crap you jst posted.. We are talking abt disadvantages of height you are talking abt money... How does money fit-in in this context ? Is it that you lack question answering skill or wat ? Is this the way you answer question during exam ?

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by nedu2000(m): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2014
for a lady, your tall but among men you are of average height
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by Jerrick(m): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2014
Lol... Right.
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Tall by DaWorshiper(m): 9:50am On Sep 19, 2014
Guy, there are no disadvantages! Me I'm even wishing i can get taller than I am now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SAINTSAMURAI CAMPAIGN THREAD / funfun / Woman Steals The Show With Her Natural Backside At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.