Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Veteran Musician, Elemure Ogunyemi Dies At 67 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Veteran Musician, Elemure Ogunyemi Dies At 67 (755 Views)

Elemure Ogunyemi Is Dead (R. I. P) / Ekiti Music Star Elemure Ogunyemi Is Dead / Chief Ogunyemi Is Dead.(chief Elemure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Veteran Musician, Elemure Ogunyemi Dies At 67 by entadaplace2: 11:51am On Sep 19, 2014
Popular Ado Ekiti-based traditional musician, Chief Elemure Ogunyemi, has been pronounced dead.

Although the cause of death for the highly respected indigenous musician is yet to be disclosed, reports have it that the Chief was said to have battled diabetes for a while and had been managing his health very well until his passing late yesterday.

The folk musician, who turned 67 just last month, precisely on August 25, 2014, died in his Ado Ekiti residence last night. Rumours of death have been circulated concerning the musician known widely in the Southwest part of the country as Baba Elemure, already this year before he eventually departed earth yesterday.

The rumour mill was agog in May but the chief had to debunk the death rumours in a chat with Punch. ‘I was at home enjoying with my family when calls began to pour into my mobile phone from my friends and admirers, trying to confirm what was going on. In fact, the situation was so disturbing that I had to invite some of them to my house to come and see for themselves.

It is not only embarrassing but unfortunate that some people are wishing me dead when I didn’t even fall sick. There was even a time they claimed I had been paralyzed but they are all lies,’ he had said. The Ekiti State-born musician once collaborated with a young Nigerian rapper known as DV some years ago.

Signed to the Kennis Music platform at the time, DV promoted himself as a rapper with a voice that had an uncanny resemblance with American rapper, DMX back then.

Like many of his generation, his burial is expected to have the involvement of the Ekiti State Government

Read More Here
Re: Veteran Musician, Elemure Ogunyemi Dies At 67 by ggrin(f): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Elemure sun re o crycrycry

(1) (Reply)

Amber Rose Files For Divorce From Wiz Khalifa After 1 Year Of Marriage! / Paul Walker Appears In 'bittersweet' 'fast & Furious 7' photo / Hum! Big Babe Vera Sidika Shares New More Revealing Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.