Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded (5203 Views)

Do You Think You're An Entrepreneur? Discover 8 Qualities That Mark Entrepreneur / Let Ekiti Business-minded People Meet Here / For Entrepreneurs, Bloggers And The Business Minded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by ImanuelJannah(m): 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2014

Have you ever wondered why Igbos are business minded? The truth remains that entrepreneurial activities have helped the Igbos get-back-on-their-feet and start all over again following the 30 months old civil war that devastated the length and breadth of Igboland.

But, what exactly makes the Igbos appear cut-out for success in business? What makes them always seem to view life from a business angle almost all the time? What makes them always seem to think and talk in business terms?

To find answers to those questions, let’s look at nine natural qualities the Igbos have that makes them not only business minded people, but also successful business owners in Nigeria and abroad.

Discipline:
If you’ve lived in Igbo land, you’ll agree with me that Igbos seem to be naturally disciplined for getting up, going to work, and getting things done without someone going round to tell them what’s needed to be done.

Desire for Independence:
Igbos are known to always frown at the unnecessary protocols and bureaucracies that sniffle individual personality, creactivity, and initiative.

Most Igbos are naturally willing to work long and hard hours to make money from a business venture of their own, because they desire independence and a sense of personal initiative more than a feeling of communal living.

Spirit of Balance between Work and Rest :
Contrary to myth, Igbos are not workaholics. A visit to commercial cities of Nnewi and Onitsha will let you see how Igbos hustle from Monday to Saturday, and shut down major markets on Sunday for rest and recreation.

Most Igbos naturally seem to establish a working pace that let’s them strike a balance between work and play.

Attention to Details:
To an Igbo, every expense must be carefully monitored to ensure that capital invested in a venture is being wisely spent on profitable activities. Though this almost obsessive attention to income and expenditure may appear unreasonable, it has become a natural and necessary ‘evil’ Igbos embrace to succeed in business.

Calmness:
Natural calmness has helped a lot of Igbos maintain themselves as difficult situations arose in the course of history. The Igbos have demonstrated great faith and calmness in the face of the economic instability that rocked Igboland during the civil war. In that same calmness, Igbos have been able to always see the business side of problems which continues to put money into their pockets, especially during periods of hardship.

Selling Spirit:
Some think Igbos love trading only. But that’s a misinterpretation of the Igbo man’s natural passion for selling. The Igbos have a natural selling spirit that beats competition in the marketplace.

Networking Quality:
Naturally, Igbos don’t fancy monarchy. Rather, They prefer a society that is structured by networks of small groups of families, kindred, age grades etc. This has also influenced their outlook on life and business, and has helped them realize that more money could be made from a network of friends, families, clubs, associations etc than from the general marketplace alone.

Love for Change:
Igbos naturally love to react quickly and effectively to change in order to take advantage of business opportunities and deal with threats to their investments.

Learning From Mistakes:
The Igbos make a lot of investment mistakes, but the catch is their natural ability to learn from such mistakes and keep on investing. Igbos see business mistakes as stepping stones to business perfection.

Having looked at those nine natural qualities, I know you can now understand that it’s not greed that drives the business mindedness of the Igbos, but healthy and natural impulses that emanate from their spirits.

http://obindigbo.com.ng/2014/09/9-natural-qualities-make-igbos-business-minded/

10 Likes

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by MyIncorp: 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Naturally, most igbos see life (in all its ramification) "from the business point of view". So, they gravitate towards ensuring that such biz works by all cost.
@OP. Nice piece there! The truth is that igbos tend to be good biz men and women where ever they are found.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by hertz9te(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by Pavore9: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
You are so right, they are the ones controlling the hair extension business here in Nairobi (Kenya) and Kenyans always say these our brothers and sisters get sweet tongues, as they can make one buy more than he or she has earlier budgeted for!

8 Likes

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by ImanuelJannah(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
MyIncorp: Naturally, most igbos see life (in all its ramification) "from the business point of view". So, they gravitate towards ensuring that such biz works by all cost.
@OP. Nice piece there! The truth is that igbos tend to be good biz men and women where ever they are found.
are you Igbo?
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by ImanuelJannah(m): 6:03am On Oct 05, 2014
hertz9te:
lol
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by Sayvabs: 7:27am On Oct 05, 2014
Agreed. But they are also materialistic, have this insatiable love money and wealth. Many engaged in questionable businesses like selling fake things as original. I have many Igbo guys as close friends and brothers but I have seen some traits that seems to be natural in them too. It's happens everywhere sha.
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by ImanuelJannah(m): 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
hertz9te:
thanks
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by timilehing(m): 3:04am On Oct 07, 2014
You forgot to add that Igbos make their business successful in any way: robbery, rituals etc. I've lived, worked & dwell enough in Anambra to conclude on that.

1 Like

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by naijacutee(f): 5:15am On Oct 07, 2014
I disagree with this article. I am also Igbo, and probably business minded (otherwise what am I doing here?) but I really don't think I am any of those things mentioned above. I'm neither more intelligent than anyone else here, not more calm. I lose my cool, and I haven't got great attention to detail. I do business because I just enjoy the feeling of creating something which is of value to others and that's it. I'm not trying to be unpatriotic but if we are proud of out achievements, let our pride come from things which are true. The truth is, any Nigerian can do it. I am Nigerian first, before I am Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by gurusmac4: 8:04am On Oct 07, 2014
naijacutee:
I do business because I just enjoy the feeling
of creating something which is of value to others and
that's it. The truth is, any Nigerian can do it. I am Nigerian first, before I am Igbo.
I like this.
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by blackprowler: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2014
naijacutee:
I disagree with this article. I am also Igbo, and probably business minded (otherwise what am I doing here?) but I really don't think I am any of those things mentioned above. I'm neither more intelligent than anyone else here, not more calm. I lose my cool, and I haven't got great attention to detail. I do business because I just enjoy the feeling of creating something which is of value to others and that's it. I'm not trying to be unpatriotic but if we are proud of out achievements, let our pride come from things which are true. The truth is, any Nigerian can do it. I am Nigerian first, before I am Igbo.

May God continue to bless you all the days of your life Naijacuttie. Like you(or before you) I watch in utter amazement how even the youngest "youth" they're screaming about that will change Nigeria are absolutely no different from their forbears. They've promoted myths handed down to them as if it were reality. The whole country has been damaged because of this, YET they absolutely are unable to see the harm they've caused to selves and country by promoting fallacies based on tribe.

The truth is all humans are born empty and come here to learn what their immediate environment and society teaches them. Fact is 99.9% will never have the idea to search for the truth themselves when they grow up. Now I like to ask this question: supposing a yoruba man and woman have a child and gives up the child for adoption as a baby and the child is adopted by an Ibo husband and wife and was brought up to believe he is Ibo. If those parents are also business people and bring up the child to do business, can you tell me what ethnicity you would call the child when he becomes an adult, in business, speaking perfect Igbo and possibly no other Nigerian language?

They have killed Nigeria with their officially sanctioned tribal stupidity in Nigeria and those of us who see ourselves as Nigerians have utterly lost out. If you know how my working career in a well-paying company was destroyed because I was not a party to tribal alignment in seeking favours and godfathers, you'll appreciate the practical impact of this thing I'm talking about. I can talk more, but I hate to type. The problem with black man is himself; the problem with Nigeria, preventing us from making progress, is the Nigerian himself: his worldview and his values. Thank you

1 Like

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by naijacutee(f): 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
blackprowler:

May God continue to bless you all the days of your life Naijacuttie. Like you(or before you) I watch in utter amazement how even the youngest "youth" they're screaming about that will change Nigeria are absolutely no different from their forbears. They've promoted myths handed down to them as if it were reality. The whole country has been damaged because of this, YET they absolutely are unable to see the harm they've caused to selves and country by promoting fallacies based on tribe.
The truth is all humans are born empty and come here to learn what their immediate environment and society teaches them. Fact is 99.9% will never have the idea to search for the truth themselves when they grow up. Now I like to ask this question: supposing a yoruba man and woman have a child and gives up the child for adoption as a baby and the child is adopted by an Ibo husband and wife and was brought up to believe he is Ibo. If those parents are also business people and bring up the child to do business, can you tell me what ethnicity you would call the child when he becomes an adult, in business, speaking perfect Igbo and possibly no other Nigerian language?
They have killed Nigeria with their officially sanctioned tribal stupidity in Nigeria and those of us who see ourselves as Nigerians have utterly lost out. If you know how my working career in a well-paying company was destroyed because I was not a party to tribal alignment in seeking favours and godfathers, you'll appreciate the practical impact of this thing I'm talking about. I can talk more, but I hate to type. The problem with black man is himself; the problem with Nigeria, preventing us from making progress, is the Nigerian himself: his worldview and his values. Thank you

God bless you too. You might feel that your career ended and that you lost a lost, but we can only hope that you sacrificed something great to do the right thing which will impact on someone to do the same. If the cycle continues, we might be lucky and in maybe 15-20 years, our children might inherit a better world than we have inherited from our forbears. If not fa-fa-fa-foul.

Please share your story, I want to hear and learn.
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by jamalee: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
I too also disagree with this article. I always wondered when people say Igbos know how to do business than any other tribe in Nigeria. They always argue that the Igbo people are the best business men and women in Nigeria. I disagree with this fact. Why? The richest black man in the world now is an Hausa man(Aliko Dangote). His business(Dangote Group) is one of the biggest business empire in the World. The richest woman in Africa now is a Yoruba woman(her name was forgotten). She made her money from oil and gas. She's the owner of Famfa Oil. The second richest man in Nigeria is a Yoruba man(Mike Adenuga). He's the owner of global comm., Con oil and several other businesses. The owner of Guaranty Trust Bank is a Yoruba man(Fola Adeola). The owner of hitv is a Yoruba man(Toyin). The owner of Eleganza is a Yoruba man(Razaq Okoya). The owner of Bellview Airline is a Yoruba man, he's from Ijebu-Ode. Recently, one man bought two International Airports worth 1.58billion pounds each. The man is from Sagamu in Ogun State. Harry Akande, an Ibadan man has over 400 Companies all over the World: is he not good a good business man. Look at the businesses mentioned above, can you see any Igbo man or woman there? No. You can't. Reason. Igbo people always engage themselves in doing fake things e.g fake drugs, fake body wears and foot wears, etc. They are number one Fraudster in Nigeria; they are not straight forward. In all tribes in Nigeria, Yoruba is the best and others follow. Anyone that want to argue with me should start now and I will be replying you as you are arguing with me. Let's start now...
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by ImanuelJannah(m): 9:13am On Oct 08, 2014
Sayvabs:
Agreed. But they are also materialistic, have this insatiable love money and wealth. Many engaged in questionable businesses like selling fake things as original. I have many Igbo guys as close friends and brothers but I have seen some traits that seems to be natural in them too. It's happens everywhere sha.
thank God you agreed its a general moral problem among nigerians and not just the Igbos.
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by Habakus: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
naijacutee:
My Sister,you completely misunderstood the OP's points.
The OP was not in any way trying to malign other tribes. Every tribe has it's uniqueness - it's a common knowledge.
The Hausas/Fulanis for example might be good at Farming,rearing livestocks; the Yorubas might be good at administration,diplomacy and international relationships; same thing goes for all other tribes that make up our country.
That is where the greatness of the country lies. We can celebrate this greatness by celebrating each tribe's uniqueness and achievements without feeling that we're being tribalistic.
What the OP said is not strange,and shouldn't cause uneasiness amongst people.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by debbie(f): 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
LETS START NOW? START WHAT?
op was only talking about the igbo people and not in relation to any other tribe.Why cant you just cool your temper and have a better understanding of his views before you start looking for who to fight with..Other tribes are good in their own ways and there is no doubt about that.You can talk about your people and not make it look like its a fight.
I didnt see anywhere he mentioned names of business moguls,or so.This is a general view based on his own understanding.
So please grow up and have a mature reasoning,EVERYTHING MUST NOT BE FIGHT.
jamalee:
I too also disagree with this article. I always wondered when people say Igbos know how to do business than any other tribe in Nigeria. They always argue that the Igbo people are the best business men and women in Nigeria. I disagree with this fact. Why? The richest black man in the world now is an Hausa man(Aliko Dangote). His business(Dangote Group) is one of the biggest business empire in the World. The richest woman in Africa now is a Yoruba woman(her name was forgotten). She made her money from oil and gas. She's the owner of Famfa Oil. The second richest man in Nigeria is a Yoruba man(Mike Adenuga). He's the owner of global comm., Con oil and several other businesses. The owner of Guaranty Trust Bank is a Yoruba man(Fola Adeola). The owner of hitv is a Yoruba man(Toyin). The owner of Eleganza is a Yoruba man(Razaq Okoya). The owner of Bellview Airline is a Yoruba man, he's from Ijebu-Ode. Recently, one man bought two International Airports worth 1.58billion pounds each. The man is from Sagamu in Ogun State. Harry Akande, an Ibadan man has over 400 Companies all over the World: is he not good a good business man. Look at the businesses mentioned above, can you see any Igbo man or woman there? No. You can't. Reason. Igbo people always engage themselves in doing fake things e.g fake drugs, fake body wears and foot wears, etc. They are number one Fraudster in Nigeria; they are not straight forward. In all tribes in Nigeria, Yoruba is the best and others follow. Anyone that want to argue with me should start now and I will be replying you as you are arguing with me. Let's start now...
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by naijacutee(f): 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
jamalee:

I disagree with the article, but I disagree with you also. Your statements are ethnically biased, and you need to look within yourself to find out why, rather than hiding under the umbrella of a business opinion to spew ethnic bias. I am Igbo, and I am not of the opinion that we are the best tribe although this is arguable. You are saying that you are the best, and this is actually ridiculous because you cannot account for each an every Yoruba person based on the people you mentioned above. There are wealthy Igbo people also who work hard to earn a honest living.

Here's an example: The richest woman who's name you forget is Mrs Folorunsho Alakija. She studied secretarial studies was later became a fashion designer, founding a company Supreme Stitches. This is a noble venture because she ended up designing fabrics for Maryam Babangida when she was alive, and eventually she got 'dashed' an oil block by Babangida. This is the source of her wealth today. Not hard work, not expertise. Not talent. Pure luck. Anyone could have been in that position, so I don't think you should include these people for your bragging rights.

Crime is a Nigerian problem, not an Igbo problem. Our thinking has to change otherwise our children have NO CHANCE of a better future. If we ignore crime perpetrated by our people and focus on that done by others because we want our people to look good, we have not started. I am Igbo, and am aware that many Nigerian (including Igbos) get involved in criminal activities. This is not right and MUST STOP if we want our children to inherit a better country than what we inherited from our forbears. In the same way, many Nigerian (including Igbos) work hard and are successful and are worth emulating.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by BizBloke(m): 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
[b]OP,

Your article goes both ways and I think some points in there aren't factual but merely subjective.

Asides the Igbo ethnic group, you should note that the Urhobo ethnic group is enterprising, though not necessarily in the traditional trade aspect. And more instances.

Being business minded and/or entrepreneurial cuts across ethnic group boundaries, state boundaries, national boundaries and even planetary boundaries. Aliens are entrepreneurial in nature, too.

1. Discipline
This isn't a cut and dry trait for the Igbos. Discipline is a neutral habit and anyone can cultivate that. Even animals can, too. So, anyit can cultivate that.

2. Desire For Independence
Everyone desires this. Even a little child.

3. Spirit Of Balance Between Work And Rest
This point isn't adequately balanced for I know lots of Igbo peeps that would go to work were it to be that the plazas open during weekends and national holidays; this isn't restricted to the Igbo ethnic group either. Bro, the hustle is freaking real that some peeps can't sleep until they make it.

4. Attention To Details
I've been to Onitsha and I can tell you that a good number of traders in Onitsha don't understand the numbers of their business, talk more paying attention to details which you represented by numbers.

Another case in point is the excessive expenditure on alcohol and nkwobi or women on Sundays - and Saturdays, too. Take a look and you'll see.

5. Calmness
Nothing to type on this.

9. Love For Change
Does anyone really like change?

10. Learning From Mistakes
We all do. This is more individual than ethnic inclined.

Nevertheless, there are stereotypes that identify a group but most aren't applicable on an individual basis.[/b]
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by jamalee: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
naijacutee:

I disagree with the article, but I disagree with you also. Your statements are ethnically biased, and you need to look within yourself to find out why, rather than hiding under the umbrella of a business opinion to spew ethnic bias. I am Igbo, and I am not of the opinion that we are the best tribe although this is arguable. You are saying that you are the best, and this is actually ridiculous because you cannot account for each an every Yoruba person based on the people you mentioned above. There are wealthy Igbo people also who work hard to earn a honest living.

Here's an example: The richest woman who's name you forget is Mrs Folorunsho Alakija. She studied secretarial studies was later became a fashion designer, founding a company Supreme Stitches. This is a noble venture because she ended up designing fabrics for Maryam Babangida when she was alive, and eventually she got 'dashed' an oil block by Babangida. This is the source of her wealth today. Not hard work, not expertise. Not talent. Pure luck. Anyone could have been in that position, so I don't think you should include these people for your bragging rights.

Crime is a Nigerian problem, not an Igbo problem. Our thinking has to change otherwise our children have NO CHANCE of a better future. If we ignore crime perpetrated by our people and focus on that done by others because we want our people to look good, we have not started. I am Igbo, and am aware that many Nigerian (including Igbos) get involved in criminal activities. This is not right and MUST STOP if we want our children to inherit a better country than what we inherited from our forbears. In the same way, many Nigerian (including Igbos) work hard and are successful and are worth emulating.
Guy, not that I have the intension of saying all these. But it is a common talk within the Igbos that they are the best in Nigeria, condemning other tribes especially Yoruba. Look, I don't like discriminating or criticising. But you will be forced to do so. I've worked with Igbo people in different places and if they find out that there is or there are Yoruba(s) among them, that Yorubas are in hell. These Igbo people will start abusing any Yorubas among them. Why? The will say all sort of things they like. And it is supposed not to be so because we are all one. Guy, don't get upset about my discriminating. I don't know that there is still an Igbn that don't discriminates because every Igbo I've met so far always discriminates Yoruba.
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by Toneyo(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=jamalee post=26971425] I've worked with Igbo people in different places and if they find out that there is or there are Yoruba(s) among them, that Yorubas are in hell. These Igbo people will start abusing any Yorubas among them. Why? The will say all sort of things they like. And it is supposed not to be so because we are all one. Guy, don't get upset about my discriminating. I don't know that there is still an Igbn that don't discriminates because every Igbo I've met so far always discriminates Yoruba.[/quot

Same thing happens to me. I live amongst Yorubas. They talk bad things about the Igbos. Inspite me rendering help to the Yorubas around me, yet they still say bad things insults. But thank God I undertood yoruba language, if not I would have been sorry.

They no long say those evil and bad words since they found out I understand yoruba language.

Bro, it's same thing every where in Nigeria. Have you lived in the north? Then you will understand it's every where in Naija.
I wonder what it will look like in 20 years to come (oh our children)

2 Likes

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by jamalee: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=Toneyo post=26973315][/quote]But why? No one is perfect except Almighty God. Every human being has one or two skills within himself or herself. What Mr. A is good at, Mr. B might not be good at it and vice-versa. Let's leave the toga and do whatever sails our boat. That is not a sin at all. We should do what we love most and don't be jumping from one thing to the other. It is simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by naijacutee(f): 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2014
jamalee:
Guy, not that I have the intension of saying all these. But it is a common talk within the Igbos that they are the best in Nigeria, condemning other tribes especially Yoruba. Look, I don't like discriminating or criticising. But you will be forced to do so. I've worked with Igbo people in different places and if they find out that there is or there are Yoruba(s) among them, that Yorubas are in hell. These Igbo people will start abusing any Yorubas among them. Why? The will say all sort of things they like. And it is supposed not to be so because we are all one. Guy, don't get upset about my discriminating. I don't know that there is still an Igbn that don't discriminates because every Igbo I've met so far always discriminates Yoruba.

Well, I'm Igbo and i'm telling you now we are not the best in Nigeria. No one is the best. We are only the best when we all work together. Stop singling out the people who say what you want to hear. Listen to everyone, so that you can make better informed decisions. This might be a small thing, but this is how war starts.

@ Toneyo : Exactly. Everyone is guilty of the same thing. Let us grow up and try and seek solutions for the problems our parents have left for us, rather than creating more problems for our children. When will we start thinking, for goodness sake?
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by ImanuelJannah(m): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
timilehing:
You forgot to add that Igbos make their business successful in any way: robbery, rituals etc. I've lived, worked & dwell enough in Anambra to conclude on that.
Some Igbos may have injected proceeds from criminal activities into business But that's not what are talking about. We are talking about some natural characteristics that make a majority of Igbos think about doing business more than any other activity that also fetches money
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by sorepco(m): 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
my guy, there is a big difference between a business man and a rent seeker!! dangote is a rent seeker; adenuga is a rent seeker; otedola is a rent seeker; that alakija woman is a beauty therapist!!! do you theink obasanjo and ibb dont own part of dangote?? see, when ibb was in power, hegave dangote sole importership of flour, sugar and rice in naija. see, with the amount of rice we nigerians consume in a day; give me sole importership status for just one week, and i will be a dollar billionaire. do the maths, and see what i mean. in anambra state alone, about 2000 bags of rice is consumed a day!!!

jamalee:
Re: 9 Natural Qualities That Make Igbos Business Minded by kennethkaycee(m): 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
Sayvabs:

Well dats your opinion, but my people are industrious, the essence of life for a man is to be able to hold your ground as a man.
You may prove me wrong. ...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Earn Free Money While Reading News Online - 100% Working, No Deposit / What Business Can I Do With N2M / Dangote Cement Leads As Trading Rate Increases 290% To N19 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.