Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,024 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Looking for Properties in Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Looking for Properties in Lagos (12227 Views)

Check Out Our Bulletin For Properties In Lagos And Port-harcourt / Call Us For Properties In Lagos State / Are You Looking For Properties For Lease & Sale@unbeatable Prices? A Must Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking for Properties in Lagos by nferyn(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2005
Hi,

My wife and I are thinking of buying a compound with multiple apartments in Lagos. We have seen video footage of a number of properties in the Ketu Quarters.

Can someone give me some general insight in the Real Estate market in Lagos.

As people with no direct interest in the transaction, maybe you can give some advice on (not exhaustive):

* which areas show good appreciation?
* what are the price ranges for different area's?
* are there any mortage facilities available?
* how exactly do you properly register your properties (and what steps need to be taken)?
* are there major infrastructure works going on/planned for Ketu Quarters?

We're currently just investigating the possibilities and are very new to the specif circumstances of real estate in Lagos (my wife left Nigeria 9 years ago). Any insight is very welcome

Regards,

Niek
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Seun(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2005
I can't really answer your questions - I'm making similar enquiries myself - but:

- Let me mention a good property website called www.ip4properties.com (property industry experts).
- One wonders whether you're thinking of moving to Nigeria and why ...

I'm trusting that other members will be able to answer your questions.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by nferyn(m): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2005
Seun:

[SNIP]...

- One wonders whether you're thinking of moving to Nigeria and why ...

I'm trusting that other members will be able to answer your questions.

Not immediately (maybe at retirement - or earlier if my business ideas work out). This would rather be an investment. Taking into account the demographic trends in Nigeria, and especialy Lagos, you should be able to get good appreciation of the properties

Niek
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Guardian(m): 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2005
Kindly inform me of what the setup ( Kind of propoerty - 3 bedroom x 4 multi-apartment, 1 single duplex, a storey building ) is

I would do a check on all the availables.

last but not least what area of Ketu. I leave around.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by nferyn(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2005
Guardian:

Kindly inform me of what the setup ( Kind of property - 3 bedroom x 4 multi-apartment, 1 single duplex, a storey building ) is

I would do a check on all the availables.

last but not least what area of Ketu. I leave around.

There were several properties I have seen, I will look up the details when at home:
- one big compound: 2 floors, 4 apartments, don't remember how many bedrooms.
- one smaller, duplex, 2 apartments
- one unfinished (2 floors, top floor not yet finished, 4 apartments), enough land to build an extra compound

The main thing here is that my wife got the information from a friend of hers. the only properties she currently got information from were in Ketu Quarters. This doesn't mean that we would not be interested in properties somewhere else.

The main criteria would be:
- quality of the area (close to business, infrastructure, utilities, roads, prone to erosion or flooding, etc)
- future appreciation value (is there development around, etc)
- vacancy rates (is it easy to rent them out and how quick do you find suitable tenants)

If you could give me some general information about Ketu Quarters, that would be greatly appreciated. As I pointed out before, we are not present and we'd like to get as much information from different sources as possible

Regards,

Niek
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Guardian(m): 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2005
Ok will get back to you with all the availables
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by layi(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2006
But why ketu? Every1 is looking into Ikorodu at the moment. the rate of development is alarming. All the banks and eateries are moving in. A plot of land which used to sell for 250,000 2 yrs ago now goes for 1Million and still increasing. i guess its as a result of the proposed 4th mainland bridge to link victoria island and ibeshe. i actually leave in Ibeshe. I personally will pick several places b4 ketu. magodo, ajah, ikorodu and lekki are hot locations for property investment.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Ladz(m): 6:12am On Sep 21, 2006
[color=#006600][/color]
Investing in properties in Nigeria is serious business and one has to look at the kind of investment that you would like. Ketu may be great for you or it could be VGC or Ikoyi?

The most important is what you want out of the investment and how much you can afford to outlay. Once that has been estatblished the rest is easy. Would you like to buy multiple units and live in one unit? If that is the case where would you like to live?
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by deledele: 5:49pm On May 17, 2007
my fellow nairaland people who can give me some geniune info into buying a property in Lagos or Ibadan. Nothing to costly !!! something between the range of six million for starters. Any hope?
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Ladz(m): 9:45am On May 18, 2007
Hi

Looking for property anywhere can be tedious but in Lagos it is little bit more so than other places. For N6m you may be able to buy land or a flat in one of the low cost estates. For example, Lekki Phase 2 land with Cof O will be between N6 and N7m? In some of the non government reserved areas along the lekki axis are available for less. I guess its key to first decide what you want and where and like they say the rest is history!
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by deledele: 6:21pm On May 20, 2007
Hi Ladz, in reply to your comments regarding buying a property in Lagos I would not mind getting a proerty in the outskirts of Lagos, a bungalow of some sort with a bugdet of 6m naira. any ideas??
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by bomega4u(m): 7:12pm On May 21, 2007
hi deledele,
i have a twin bungalow for sale in an estate in ikorodu for sale(3M), C of O.ikorodu is an outskirt of lagos.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by GLORY20071(f): 3:49pm On May 22, 2007
if you are looking for investment properties in Lagos.
what you should look out for is the rental trend in the locations.
the type of property( multifamily apartments or single units)
i will rather advise for multifamily apartment ie blocks of flats for a start.
surulere, isolo, yaba areas are most promising because the up coming professionals
are looking for apartments in these location because of proximity to Victoria island
Festac houses and amuwo odofin has shown consistency in capital appreciation too.
i advise you shop around the different estate agencies first for professional advise
and if possible an in dept analysis of the rental projections and capital appreciation in the recent times for the various locations , before you commit your money.
houses in estates are always liquid and appreciates faster too
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by deledele: 9:06pm On May 23, 2007
bomega4u:

hi deledele,
i have a twin bungalow for sale in an estate in ikorodu for sale(3M), C of O.ikorodu is an outskirt of lagos.
homega4u how do we link up and talk. try sending you an e-mail on your yahoo.com address but no show.
where do you reside? my e-mail is remgab20@hotmail.com. awaiting your reply.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by bomega4u(m): 2:21pm On May 24, 2007
hi deledele,
i have already replied through your email remgab20@hotmail.com.
regards.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by deledele: 5:22pm On May 24, 2007
homega4u i haven,t seen your e-mail. still waiting. Let me know what is happening. Thanks
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by ell77(f): 11:47am On May 28, 2007
Please check out my post. I am doing research so that I will soon give mortgage and real estate opportunities to people who want to buy a home in Nigeria, both abroad and in Nigeria. The rates and prices will be clear when I start it. But first I need to research the property market. this is only my preliminary research. I am trying to make a change!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55819.0.html
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Tampico(f): 1:13am On Oct 01, 2007
I have a house for  sale including the land. A duplex(what is referred to as a T8 in Festac town, at cocaine avenue. It's plot size in length, but 70% of a plot size in width. It has half a duplex, 3 bedroom boys quarter flat, and 7 shops. Interested people, should make their interest known, n i'll get back to u. The asking price is from 35M(very negotiable), as the house was valued at 28M. The transaction or payment will be done legitimately, and payment made at Intercontinental Bank. The offer closes on the 9th of october. Thank u very much.
There is Cof O available.
Contact details:
jiggywit_tam@yahoo.com
01 8782274
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2008
hi niek,

i have tried to answer some of your enquiries, which by the way are commonplace
- property appreciation in Lagos depends on accessibility to a major highways, proximity to the business districts, the possibilities of using the property for   
  commercial purposes, the general environment (high brow or not), security, tarred roads. generally areas with luxury apartments,trees and low density 
  appreciate faster. i would say for purposes of investment - ketu is not currently the best because the rents are not very competitive and you may not sell easily 
  should you decide to.
- prices vary highly, but the best returns are currently around lekki, Victoria island, ikoyi, gbagada, Maryland, ilupeju, ikeja, apapa and prices vary
  considerably from 8 million for rundown properties to as high as 100 million
- there are mortgages but they are not as accessible as in Europe or America and the terms are not always easy
- to have your properties properly registered you need a lawyer and it takes about between one month to six months
- there are no major infrastructure currently planned for the ketu area

hope i have been of some assistance to you. should you want more info, please contact me at mistaizce@gmail.com or 234 1 8123 371
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by adebisi1(m): 12:48am On Apr 26, 2008

i am intrested my brother you can send me mail to adebisi12000@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by jydekid(m): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hello,
I wonder why u r moving back to Nigeria but if u indeed want to,I happen to have properties for sale in Lagos that might suit your taste.If u need to be furnished with more information,u can email me at jidekid@yahoo.com so that we can discuss options available.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Asilem(f): 4:47pm On Feb 27, 2009
2 blocks of 26 no.s 3 bedroom apartment all fitted and furnished at ebute-metta

This apartment will contain a swimming pool,adequate parking lot,internet facility,2 no.s elevators for each block,water supply and many more. For more information, call 07029170223.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by ojebabs: 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hi neik am taiwo i dont have properties in ketu all i have have are in lekki area which is a very good and quiet area for you and your family.you can visit me on tboyislander@yahoo.com.anytime to tell you more about properties in lagos
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by casinaelva: 9:55am On Apr 27, 2010
Lagos property can be some of the more affordable in the Algarve, which is itself less expensive than the popular areas of France and Spain - there is a huge choice of new and old property in Lagos and the surrounding villages - from villas and apartments to typical Lagos townhouses and countryside farmhouses.

Homes for Sale Juno Beach
Homes for Sale North Palm Beach
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by wence2: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2010
Good day all, please i want to know if i can rent a dublex in kaduna for 6 months, minimum bedrooms:4 and max bedrooms: 6.
minimum price per month: 30,000 naira and max price per month: 60,000 naira, location: barnawa. among christians. really hoipe to find help here, coz its urgent, i need it this week. thanks all. cash payment.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by james1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2010
Hello.
As for the proper search and registration,get a handle on a good property lawyer and head straight to land department,alausa and on to the district court which your lawyer must know to check if or not your prefered property has a case pending.as for appreciation:everywhere in lagos is a goldmine depending on how much you and yours are ready to invest and what profit you want to make.sound property lawyers that can guide you in this all-important quest.NL's barr matto,the moderation of this thread.Barr Josh:08023191307. Barr Bassey 07025374412.
Though
Ikoyi,V/i,lekki and Ikeja central are in that order very hot and seriously profitable!!
Goodluck!!!
J.James:Estuary Nigeria.
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by james1(m): 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
@poster
Wence2.
I saw request about the need for duplex at kaduna.
I will get back to you soon on that.we are working on it.
You may
Mail me@jumejames@hotmail.com
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Wingie(m): 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2010
Well Gentle Man, i will advice that you check very well before you venture in to buying property,
If you would like to venture in to authentic properties, i will refer you to the Company where i work;

HERDJERD NIG LTD
Road 5, Suite K183, Ikota Shopping Complex, Victoria Garden City, Lekki Epe-expressway, Lagos Sate
Martins: 07032044018

Let me quickly show u some pictures of the House i have ready for sale @ Victoria Garden City, Lekki Epe-expressway, Lagos Sate
Title: C of O
Price: 120m Net

Please kindly check for other properties that can as well be suitable to you,
www.herdjerdproperties..com

Thanks

Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by Empiree: 4:11am On Nov 04, 2010
#120m for this?. This is freaking too expensive. How many bedrooms and baths?
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by herdjerd: 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
It's 5 Bed room Duplex brother, thanks
Re: Looking for Properties in Lagos by jajaopobo(m): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2011
Pls check http://www.facebook.com/finehomeslagos for an affordable option on a quality family home.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What is your real estate success stories? / Profile Of An Architects/builder With Sound Xperience / NEED BUILDING APPROVAL, APPROVAL DOCUMENTATION in NIG.? WHATSAPP 08069253261

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.