Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,849 members, 7,798,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 (3755 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by wills(m): 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
Buhari / Fashola Candidacy personally I will most likely support this rather than a GEJ re-election: am from the south south and a christian but my pro Nigeria stance won't allow me tolerate the mediocrity and nuisance the current government has to a large extent nurtured.

Buhari / Fashola critics will be quick to say " Both men are of the same faith (Islam)- however any thinking man knows its really not enough reason for Christians or people of other faiths to reject their candidacy.

Religion has always been a tool to separate the masses,while the elite and politicians plunder the resources together happily regardless of their own religious differences. For example- I have never heard one of the many Muslim Northerners seeking GEJ re-election complain about his Christian faith,truth be told it's not that they are so tolerant - its just that for this set of people they put their financial Interest and personal gains above insisting a Muslim must seek the office of the president.

So if they can go this length to protect their own selfish Interest. Then I say putting the Interest of a restored Nigeria for the current and future Nigerians above religious persuasions is a Nobel thing to do.

I don't see why Christians won't or shouldn't support a Buhari/ Fashola Candidacy .

"The supreme task is to organise and unite people so that their anger becomes a transforming force." Dr Martin Luther King Jr

The majority of the people so desperate to re-elect and ensure GEJ gets another 4years are doing so for their own Interest and they have been busy in ernest and working hard day and Night -

If the APC must take over government come 2015, then I dare say they must as a matter of urgency tap into the anger and frustration this present government offers and they do so on so many levels- APC must start using this as a transforming force to galvanize all the support they need for 2015.

If APC - puts personal gains, desire or seeking to grab power off PDP just for the sake of taking over for themselves and their party then they will fail. PDP is already doing that and do it damm too well,so I will rather vote a PDP government on this basis at least GEJ will keep doing his best even if that has been regarded by most as not good enough.

If APC takes its eyes off PDP and stop the finger pointing and genuinely, outright and deliberate market the right candidacy of these two men - as men on a mission to restore Nigeria - maybe they just might strike the right cord with the majority of the voting masses in Nigeria and snatch power for the purpose of true and honest governance:

If they fail to do this and do better than they are doing currently then it's no magic GEJ till 2019 will become a reality.

Should GEJ be re-elected, my prayer is that he shocks all the greedy men seeking his re-election for their own personal gains and give a pleasant surprise to Nigerians by getting rid off mediocrity from his government and sincerely delivering real transformation 2015 - 2019

Honestly GEJ has nothing to lose- but question is will he do the right things - can he be courageous enough ? Maybe he might,but certainly not with the many deceitful and selfish folks around him now.

14 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by lekkie073(m): 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
wills: Buhari / Fashola Candidacy personally I will most likely support this rather than a GEJ re-election: am from the south south and a christian but my pro Nigeria stance won't allow me tolerate the mediocrity and nuisance the current government has to a large extent nurtured.

Buhari / Fashola critics will be quick to say " Both men are of the same faith (Islam)- however any thinking man knows its really not enough reason for Christians or people of other faiths to reject their candidacy.

Religion has always been a tool to separate the masses,while the elite and politicians plunder the resources together happily regardless of their own religious differences. For example- I have never heard one of the many Muslim Northerners seeking GEJ re-election complain about his Christian faith,truth be told it's not that they are so tolerant - its just that for this set of people they put their financial Interest and personal gains above insisting a Muslim must seek the office of the president.

So if they can go this length to protect their own selfish Interest. Then I say putting the Interest of a restored Nigeria for the current and future Nigerians above religious persuasions is a Nobel thing to do.

I don't see why Christians won't or shouldn't support a Buhari/ Fashola Candidacy .

"The supreme task is to organise and unite people so that their anger becomes a transforming force." Dr Martin Luther King Jr

The majority of the people so desperate to re-elect and ensure GEJ gets another 4years are doing so for their own Interest and they have been busy in ernest and working hard day and Night -

If the APC must take over government come 2015, then I dare say they must as a matter of urgency tap into the anger and frustration this present government offers and they do so on so many levels- APC must start using this as a transforming force to galvanize all the support they need for 2015.

If APC - puts personal gains, desire or seeking to grab power off PDP just for the sake of taking over for themselves and their party then they will fail. PDP is already doing that and do it damm too well,so I will rather vote a PDP government on this basis at least GEJ will keep doing his best even if that has been regarded by most as not good enough.

If APC takes its eyes off PDP and stop the finger pointing and genuinely, outright and deliberate market the right candidacy of these two men - as men on a mission to restore Nigeria - maybe they just might strike the right cord with the majority of the voting masses in Nigeria and snatch power for the purpose of true and honest governance:

If they fail to do this and do better than they are doing currently then it's no magic GEJ till 2019 will become a reality.

Should GEJ be re-elected my prayer is that he shocks are the greedy men seeking his re-election for their own personal gains and surprise Nigerians but getting rid off mediocrity from his government and sincerely deliver real,transformation 2015 - 2019 GEJ has nothing to lose- question is will he do the right things - maybe? But certainly note with the dearound him now.
two Muslims?
its not ideal in a country like Nigeria.....

4 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by ogbenicodes(m): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
If we were in a sane country whose "development is taken paramount", Buhari/Fashola would be the most ideal. But...

.....Nigeria, we are all about religion, tribe..

4 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by BlackPeni5: 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
OP...nobody cares where you come from. I'll only vote for APC if Fashola is the Presidential candidate and not vice to any bloody baboon.

If GEJ should attempt to make his running mate a christian, all hell would break lose. Now someone is telling me religion does not have a part to play in Nigerian politics.

6 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by PapiWata: 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
BlackPeni5: OP...nobody cares where you come from. I'll only vote for APC if Fashola is the Presidential candidate and not vice to any bloody baboon.

No dogs and no baboons will EVER smell Nigeria's presidency.

5 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
wills:

Should GEJ be re-elected my prayer is that he shocks are the greedy men seeking his re-election for their own personal gains and surprise Nigerians but getting rid off mediocrity from his government and sincerely deliver real,transformation 2015 - 2019 GEJ has nothing to lose- question is will he do the right things - maybe? But certainly not with the many deceitful and selfish folks around him now.
I'm not God but I can tell you that your prayer is in futility. You can predict an individual based on his history. GEJ has no incentive to act right in 2015. He has always been corrupt, and that's all he knows.

In 2019 he will ask for 7 more years. Quote me on this in 4yrs. Yall need to kick him out NOW!!!

3 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by cktheluckyman: 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
A muslim-muslim ticket will never fly in today's nigeria!!! This is not 1993!! Too many blood ave been shed in the last few years on religious crisis in the north not to mention the ongoing boko haram crisis!! Flying a muslim-muslim ticket in 2015 will amount to political suicide

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Domingo1: 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
Whatever religion they share. Good leadership is all I want.

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by wills(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: I'm not God but I can tell you that your prayer is in futility. You can predict an individual based on his history. GEJ has no incentive to act right in 2015. He has always been corrupt, and that's all he knows.

In 2019 he will ask for 7 more years. Quote me on this in 4yrs. Yall need to kick him out NOW!!!

Read my post, am not Pro Goodluck or Pro APC either. I am pro Nigeria and I hold the believe that the Buhari/ Fashola Candidacy fornow PROBABLY! holds one of the best possibility of a restored Nigeria.

I only prayed that should GEJ win, he makes a total U-Turn and stop the mediocrity, selfishness and yes corruption that has characterized his government in the last 5yrs

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by nanospy007: 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
cktheluckyman: A muslim-muslim ticket will never fly in today's nigeria!!! This is not 1993!! Too many blood ave been shed in the last few years on religious crisis in the north not to mention the ongoing boko haram crisis!! Flying a muslim-muslim ticket in 2015 will amount to political suicide

This is why you people will forever remain behind! What has it benefited Nigeria when it was a Muslim-Christian, Christian-Muslim, Christian-Christian or Muslim-Muslim? I am a Christian and I do not care or give a damn so far as they are people of proven records, honest, hardworking and will put Nigeria back on the map of progress and complete destruction of corruption from the life of Nigeria! This is what matters the most!

OBJ-Atiku, Christian-Muslim: people complained!
Yaradua-GEJ, Muslim-Christian, the go slow presidency, very corrupt!
GEJ-Sambo, Christian-Muslim, the most corrupt government on earth, losing N 1 B per day in oil revenue, $ 20 B still missing, $9.3 M to be laundered in South Africa now seized and nauseating excuses are being given, ~ 300 girls kidnapped never recovered, 9 presidential jets by phoolish GEJ, yet he wants 2 more! So tell me how their religion has been better?

Abacha-Diya, Muslim-Christian: Absolute disaster and shamefully and shambolically corrupt killers called a government
IBB-Augustus Aikhomu, Muslim-Christian: the institutionalization of corruption and settlement government, killings of anyone that refused to be bought for money, destruction of Nigeria's best fresh start in democracy in 1993, Gulf Oil windfall of $ 12 B, never accounted for!

So you tell me, which of these governments did well for Nigeria based on your perfect dream of religious combination? I think most Nigerians are just mentally dead or incompetent to not see that religion has nothing to do with the decision of a leader to lead the country and work very hard for its success and people! Tell me, do you think any successful countries like US, Canada, UK, Scandinavians, etc ever mention their religious leanings or ascribe to it the reason why they are successful? This is exactly why black people like you were enslaved because you can not reason straight but are too dum.b, too lazy to think and will never get it!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by guttentag(m): 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
lekkie073: two Muslims?

GEJ that is a Christian, what has he done that is meaningful
Fashola may be a Muslim but he does consider Religion in his administration

Buhari / Fashola are good conbination

5 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by redcap: 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
BlackPeni5: OP...nobody cares where you come from. I'll only vote for APC if Fashola is the Presidential candidate and not vice to any bloody baboon.

Young man stop dragging words out of my mouth,seconded
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by wills(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
nanospy007:

This is why you people will forever remain behind! What has it benefited Nigeria when it was a Muslim-Christian, Christian-Muslim, Christian-Christian or Muslim-Muslim? I am a Christian and I do not care or give a damn so far as they are people of proven records, honest, hardworking and will put Nigeria back on the map of progress and complete destruction of corruption from the life of Nigeria! This is what matters the most!

OBJ-Atiku, Christian-Muslim: people complained!
Yaradua-GEJ, Muslim-Christian, the go slow presidency, very corrupt!
GEJ-Sambo, Christian-Muslim, the most corrupt government on earth, losing N 1 B per day in oil revenue, $ 20 B still missing, $9.3 M to be laundered in South Africa now seized and nauseating excuses are being given, ~ 300 girls kidnapped never recovered, 9 presidential jets by phoolish GEJ, yet he wants 2 more! So tell me how their religion has been better?

Abacha-Diya, Muslim-Christian: Absolute disaster and shamefully and shambolically corrupt killers called a government
IBB-Augustus Aikhomu, Muslim-Christian: the institutionalization of corruption and settlement government, killings of anyone that refused to be bought for money, destruction of Nigeria's best fresh start in democracy in 1993, Gulf Oil windfall of $ 12 B, never accounted for!

So you tell me, which of these governments did well for Nigeria based on your perfect dream of religious combination? I think most Nigerians are just mentally dead or incompetent to not see that religion has nothing to do with the decision of a leader to lead the country and work very hard for its success and people! Tell me, do you think any successful countries like US, Canada, UK, Scandinavians, etc ever mention their religious leanings or ascribe to it the reason why they are successful? This is exactly why black people like you were enslaved because you can not reason straight but are too dum.b, too lazy to think and will never get it!

Insightful, and really thought provoking - but you can tone down the anger at Nigerians - it takes one to change one and that's actually the goal of this thread get Nigerians to "Think" - and pass on that objective thought.

For now I am beyond shock that most of the Leaders of the Christian Faith are with Muted lips and yet 2015 looms. Even if the church shouldn't support a Muslim - Muslim ticket what's the better option - the leadership of the body of Christ In Nigeria proposing ? It's time we tell our self the truth -
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
If Fashola is a smart guy let him go to Senate and run for Presidency in 2019

It will not be politically savvy on his part to run against a sitting President

Go to Senate but be a lead campaigner for whoever emerges APC candidate while using that nationwide campaign to sell yourself to the country

APC will not win 2015 presidency

5 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by arresa: 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
lekkie073: two Muslims?

Good and credible leadership is what we need, not religious bigotry..

Btw, where are we today with the christian and muslim aso roack dumbo we are saddled with?
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by reedbam: 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
OP to you and me, then quite number of logical Nigerians, religion might be inconsequential but as you have opined this is a country with very much complications. Politicians loot regardless of whatever ideology differentiate them but a common Nigerian won't pick a rationale from that, rather wallow in exasperating ignorance, they know these and they maximise it to its full potential embarassed.

The possibility of having good governance without having an appreciable percentage of well oriented and informed electorate is bleak embarassed until then let's put our behinds in a good position and enjoy the screw embarassed

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
If e like make e b babalawo and Muslim or Hindus and Christian all I want is good governance.for me I tink the only way out for the apc is to give the igbos the presidential ticket n a yoruba Muslim vice ticket...let me now see how the pdp wan take win
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by arresa: 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by gebest: 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
O BOY FORGET THAT THING, MUSLIM/MUSLIM NO GO WORK.

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
You know a useless party when their best candidate is being seduced by everyone as the VP

Why not calling for him to run for President if you think he is very good?
There is something very tribalistic and nepotic about the call for Fashola to be the next VP rather than the next President!

The usual practice is a party picks a Presidential candidate, the Presidential candidate when chosen by his party then select his VP of choice.

But somehow Nigeria's so called progressives are either proposing:

Buhari/Fashola
Tambuwal/Fashola
Etc

Our progressives are not even progressive enough to consider the best man for the job!

3 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Mogidi: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
A Buhari/Fashola will only be possible if Nigerians actually want Sharia introduced nationwide. Over my dead body for two Quran thumping fundamentalist to rule over me, it won't happen now or in future.

One muslim ruling is bad enough, two occupying the highest positions in the land is dire, it won't happen sha. If the SW wants their governors/deputy to be muslims that's their business, making that idea national is an affront to our secularity, it won't fly.

2 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Ogbonaikenna(m): 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
ogbenicodes: If we were in a sane country whose "development is taken paramount", Buhari/Fashola would be the most ideal. But...

.....Nigeria, we are all about religion, tribe..
please list the achievements of both
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by onyengbu: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
mikeansy: You know a useless party when their best candidate is being seduced by everyone as the VP

Why not calling for him to run for President if you think he is very good?
There is something very tribalistic and nepotic about the call for Fashola to be the next VP rather than the next President!

The usual practice is a party picks a Presidential candidate, the Presidential candidate when chosen by his party then select his VP of choice.

But somehow Nigeria's so called progressives are either proposing:

Buhari/Fashola
Tambuwal/Fashola
Etc

Our progressives are not even progressive enough to consider the best man for the job!
grin
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by fairest(f): 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
Let's be realistic here! Does it mean there are N̶̲̥̅̊☺ Christain candidates to run as a VP in APC? Why a muslim-muslim candidate in a nation where religion matters to more than half of τ̣̣ђё citizens? If it was 2 be a Christain-Christain canditate I bet you it will never be accepted.
I think Buhari should let go of his presidential ambition ƒø® now and look ƒø® vibrant people while he supports them in any way possible.

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by arresa: 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
fairest: Let's be realistic here! Does it mean there are N̶̲̥̅̊☺ Christain candidates to run as a VP in APC? Why a muslim-muslim candidate in a nation where religion matters to more than half of τ̣̣ђё citizens? If it was 2 be a Christain-Christain canditate I bet you it will never be accepted.
I think Buhari should let go of his presidential ambition ƒø® now and look ƒø® vibrant people while he supports them in any way possible.

Religion makes no difference when it comes to competence and ability to do the job. You have a Christian and Muslim administration today and your country is more messed up than before they took office.

Religion is not going to give you good roads, hospitals, bridges, schools and all the basics you need for a better life, but good and credible leadership is a sure bet to do it for you.

Religious bigotry is a terrible and self destructive way to pick a leader...

5 Likes

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by wills(m): 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Interesting Perspectives! -
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by gramci: 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
No room for ISIS/Janjawe3d collabo
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by fairest(f): 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
arresa:

Religion makes no difference when it comes to competence and ability to do the job. You have a Christian and Muslim administration today and your country is more messed up than before they took office.

Religion is not going to give you good roads, hospitals, bridges, schools and all the basics you need for a better life, but good and credible leadership is a sure bet to do it for you.

Religious bigotry is a terrible and self destructive way to pick a leader...

Since you quoted ♍e you should have as well answered @least one of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ questions, it would hv helped ♍e understand you better. The part U̶̲̥̅̊ bolded; can U̶̲̥̅̊ answer that ƒø® ♍e please

1 Like

Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by condralbede(m): 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
In op voice'' Am from the
south south and a christian but my pro Nigeria stance
won't allow me tolerate the mediocrity and nuisance the
current government has to a large extent nurtured''.....You can lie eh.
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by arresa: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
fairest:
Since you quoted ♍e you should have as well answered @least one of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ questions, it would hv helped ♍e understand you better. The part U̶̲̥̅̊ bolded; can U̶̲̥̅̊ answer that ƒø® ♍e please

What question and answer? You asked a very pointless question since they haven't made any kind of announcement regarding their preferred candidates per 2015?

Feel free to ask the same question after that announcement...
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by fairest(f): 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
arresa:

What question and answer? You asked a very pointless question since they haven't made any kind of announcement regarding their preferred candidates per 2015?

Feel free to ask the same question after that announcement...
Okα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥! Tnk U
Re: A Buhari / Fashola Candidacy 2015 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
90% of all those who are against this good combination are from the other side of the Niger River where Bigotry reigns supreme hence true Nigerians should never be afraid to try something new

Buhari is the fear of all looters and corrupt individuals hence the palpable fear by the elites against him.....

They know they cant pin corruption on him but because the man do not smile......they say he is a fanatic,

Because he does not carry Olosho girls like the rest of them......they say he is too rigid,

Because he does not care about Private Jet.......they say he cant be trusted yet a sincere and open minded Nigerian knows that he is the man we need to help us run the principalities and powers sitting atop Nigeria's destiny into exile

Fashola on the other hand is a smart,suave,debonair dude who has been married to Emmanuela Abimbola for close to 20years. And he has never been known to put a Gun at the back of her head to convert into a Muslim

It is only a mediocre that will be satisfied with the present situation of things in Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Contributed To Jonathan's Downfall / Obama Caught Kissing His Fellow Man In White House.. (photo) / Caption These Photos Of President Buhari Laughing Hard With Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.