Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? (2300 Views)

Council Of State Concludes Meeting, Says Election Will Hold This February / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Oklander: 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
It will be interesting to have a presidential debate and rebuttal before this election, especially now that there's a very strong opposition party. The ruling party is seeking for re-election while the opposition is trying hard to be elected. They should come to the platform where the candidate of the ruling party will tell Nigerians what they have done to better the life of Nigerians in aspects of security, corruption, power supply etc. within the last four years of their tenure with convincing proofs and what they will do when reelected while the opposition candidates should tell us what and how they would tackle Nigeria problems if elected.

We wouldn't want a repetition of ↓↓↓

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
Debate will really spice things up and there will be a debate. Debate should be made compulsory. That alone with deter the retards from participating in politics.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by omenka(m): 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
Billyonaire: Debate will really spice things up and there will be a debate. Debate should be made compulsory. That alone with deter the retards from participating in politics.
Yeah!! I hope such retards don't debate themselves once again!! grin

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
omenka: Yeah!! I hope such retards don't debate themselves once again!! grin
They should debate and be shamed out of the politics of Nigeria. There is no room for anything less than we already are stucked with.
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by omenka(m): 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Egift please could you show us pictures of some presidential debates

Tank (in yuzedo's voice). cheesy
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
At this point, we should know the difference between ordinary debate and intelligent debate. If it's an intelligent debate, be rest assured that fedora hat wearing cartoon character man will be missing, unless of course he is given a heads up.

9 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by omenka(m): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Best presidential debate ever!!

7 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Nairalane: 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
I have not ate one beans today, u are here debating. Stand up jor.
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Oklander: 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
Billyonaire: Debate will really spice things up and there will be a debate. Debate should be made compulsory. That alone with deter the retards from participating in politics.
Seconded!!!
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Oklander: 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
omenka: Best presidential debate ever!!
Imagine...This is plane shamelessness!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
There will be a debate.
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Oklander: 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
CFCfan: There will be a debate.
I hope it will be made compulsory with no excuse for non attendance of ANY candidate.
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Oklander: I hope it will be made compulsory with no excuse for non attendance of ANY candidate.
Lol. I hope so too. The Debate organizers should pair both the PDP and APC nominees together cheesy
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Oklander: 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
CFCfan:
Lol. I hope so too. The Debate organizers should pair both the PDP and APC nominees together cheesy
Lol...That would be interesting. grin
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Mogidi: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Can't see Buhari turning up for a debate conducted in English, he'd probably chew gworo throughout the debate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Oklander: Lol...That would be interesting. grin
I know, right.
I remember during the 2003 elections, Buhari refused to show up when he was paired with Obasanjo grin. Obasanjo, like Jonathan, had to debate with himself.
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
torkaka: At this point, we should know the difference between ordinary debate and intelligent debate. If it's an intelligent debate, be rest assured that fedora hat wearing cartoon character man will be missing, unless of course he is given a heads up.
He will find solace being interviewed by a hiphop star. This time around, not by DBanj, but by Terry G.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Oklander: 9:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mogidi: Can't see Buhari turning up for a debate conducted in English, he'd probably chew gworo throughout the debate.
Yea, the 2011 eleven debate Buhari attended was conducted in Hausa language which made Jonathan crawl under the bed, afraid to attend.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
That shamble where others attended one set of debate without Jonathan, while Jonathan attended his own without others should not be repeated!

Nigerians deserve a debate where all major candidates attend one debate!

We have reached that level I think!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by omenka(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mogidi: Can't see Buhari turning up for a debate conducted in English, he'd probably chew gworo throughout the debate.
Errrm, please remind me again, when did you say you were born?? grin. Are you sure it was before the picture below was taken?? Guess who that empty spot was meant for... cheesy

Olodo jatijat grin

7 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Mogidi: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Oklander: Yea, the 2011 eleven debate Buhari attended was conducted in Hausa language which made Jonathan crawl under the bed, afraid to attend.

Can you remember anything he said, apart from him foaming in the mouth and looking out of depth?
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
mikeansy: That shamble where others attended one set of debate without Jonathan, while Jonathan attended his own without others should not be repeated!

I agree with your point. The Debate group should be the SOLE organization to organize the Presidential/vice presidential debates. All TV stations (both terrestrial and pay TV), and radio stations should have the same broadcast signal.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Oklander: 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
mikeansy: That shamble where others attended one set of debate without Jonathan, while Jonathan attended his own without others should not be repeated!

Yes we have!!!
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by GowonAbacha: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
And u may think that's funny....
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Oklander: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mogidi:

Can you remember anything he said, apart from him foaming in the mouth and looking out of depth?
Its either you haven't watched it or you're just been sincerely ignorant. The video is there on net, go take a look and help your self.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by GowonAbacha: 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
What happened to all other empty slabs.grin
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by omenka(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
GowonAbacha:
What happened to all other empty slabs.grin
lipsrsealed
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by fairest(f): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Τ̣̣ђё chew gworo stuff really made ♍e laugh cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by mrofficial(m): 2:45am On Sep 20, 2014

Starting from your paymaster, GEJ. grin

We all remember what happened 4 years ago.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by brainpower(m): 3:43am On Sep 20, 2014
I agree that there should be a debate cos in a working democracy the debate is a very important part of the election campaigns but ours isn't a working democracy. In the anambra debate, one of the candidates had to go over to another's position to borrow a particular document and they all laughed about it. Nigerian elections are played and won by cabals and so debate or not they will still not value it. The debate will only serve as an amusement for those of us on social media, abusing ourselves here while they do whatever they want. Those expecting the president to flop should think again, cos so far that man has held more media chats than any other president, when he talks a lot of open minded people will see reasons cos he will come prepared. Others may have better theories of how to fix Nigeria but truth is almost every Nigerian knows that all our politicians are thesame and therefore will have good theories. Let me borrow from Arsene wenger's lines- "so many people are tactical experts, yet they hv never managed one game". Bottomline, debate is good but can't determine who wins or not.
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by daveP(m): 4:25am On Sep 20, 2014
what so no contestant at that debate in d pix? Chei.

Debates would expose Buhari, and eleviate Atiku(he knows how)

if its Fashola, Rochas- breathtaking.

GEJ- he squeezes his five fingers to a loop to show emphasis. Ive noticed that alot.

Overall it is necessary and COMPLUSORY!
Re: 2015 Election: Will There Be Presidential Debate? by Oklander: 6:46am On Sep 20, 2014
daveP: what so no contestant at that debate in d pix? Chei.

Debates would expose Buhari, and eleviate Atiku(he knows how)

if its Fashola, Rochas- breathtaking.

GEJ- he squeezes his five fingers to a loop to show emphasis. Ive noticed that alot.

Overall it is necessary and COMPLUSORY!
Didnt you watch the debate Jonathan ran away from Buhari and the others!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Most Unique Houses In The World You Must See / BBC Nigeria Election: First Results Expected on Tuesday / Letter To Jimi "Uchenna" Agbaje - From A Concern Lagosian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.