Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. (20918 Views)

‘asari Dokubo Was Arrested In South Africa In $9.3m #cashforarms Deal’ / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Opens Up On $9.3m Arms Deal / Oritsejafor Owns Seized Jet With $9. 3m In S / Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by fxskye: 12:05am On Sep 21, 2014
terrimatix: The problem is even if you don't vote for GEJ, Who will you vote for? They are all the same..........I weep for Nigeria, that country doesn't deserve those bad leaders.

What make Jonathan be saint among others that will make him deserve ur vote? Think.......

His tenure has brought us to a very low status beyond national boundary.

So, he's best candidate PDP could source for from a teeming population of over 160m?
Wait for other parties to unveil their candidates n u would see intelligent n credible candidates among them.
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by fxskye: 12:49am On Sep 21, 2014
Billygee2u: south Africa cannot seize that money .they are just trying to be seen as a clean country and don't forget that they have been looking for means to bring down Nigeria ,since the rise of Nigeria's GDP.

I disagree with ur view here. We brought ourselves down due to d likes of Jonathan being elected.

Abi, na SA man piloted d plane to SA?

Solomon Dalung
PRIVATE JET 'WAHALA'!

When the "Man of God" Pastor Ayo got a dash of a private jet in 2012, he and his crowd said it was "for God's work", and I was hoping and believing since then that the jet would carry him higher and closer toO heaven to shorten the distance and time with which his "prayers for the nation" will be answered so that "Boko Haram" will be crushed by his tribal and "Christian" president, Ebele Jonathan!

I am now disappointed but not shocked nor surprised that this private jet now engages in illegal weapons trafficking!

I am now compelled to check my Holy Bible or ask some theologians whether the "work of God" includes weapons trafficking and money laundering!

But firstly, I heard some analysts on international news organs discuss and agree that governments all over the world do not buy weapons with raw cash, that such transactions are done through bank deposits and transfers so that each weapons sales can be tracked and verified, and this is to prevent none state actors like terrorists and criminal gangs from purchasing both light weapons and those of mass destruction. The experts all agreed that smuggling huge sums of money via private or chartered jets for weapons purchase is an attempt to buy weapons from the black market so that the Source and End User cannot be traced, which definitely means President Jonathan's government, having owned up to the 9.6 million dollars in "Pastor" Ayo's jet, wanted to buy weapons from the black market that cannot be traced and tracked.

The End User in this case cannot be different from "Boko Haram" that is now busy writing electoral results in advance for President Jonathan.

One by one, the financiers and sponsors of "Boko Haram" are being exposed.

Do we need to say more?

3 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by 14(m): 1:30am On Sep 21, 2014
I feel pity for Nigerians, defending the undefendable. It just goes to prove that corruption rules in Nigeria and no one ask questions. What a country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Lanrefreshkid: 7:25am On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=ayukdaboss][b]I'm not surprised one bit....As the Giants of Africa every country would want to run us down whether there's evidence or not. Even Ghana tries running us down at the slightest opportunity.

Who made us the Giant of Africa? The name was giving to us by us which in reality we are the mosquito of Africa...Nigeria is full of bunch of greedy leeders

2 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by lastpage: 7:53am On Sep 21, 2014
sweetgala:

I don't know of any legitimate government that operates a "raw" cash for arms policy.
What is meant by "cash for arms" in conventional terms is that the country pays most of the value through cash, rather than the usual exchange of good and/or service.
So while before we might have payed via crude oil , or gas , or some resource, some sort of exchange, or we import more of their goods / services . Not raw cash transported across international borders

Thank you!

[size=18pt]Raw Cash across borders is synonymous with TERRORISM AND MONEY LAUNDERING![/size]

NEVER at GOVERNMENT TO GOVERNMENT LEVEL!

I am sort of happy the money has been confiscated.
It is our money, it was looted (we therefore would not have befitted from it anyways), now some Motherless babies in South Africa would benefit from it, at the least.

Lets just keep mewt and see who will be shouting Loudest!
That is the THIEF that stole the money! grin grin

Thieving B*stards!

Lastpage!

Jonathan has really exposed his criminality, at international level, on this one!
Those caught should also rot in jail. S/Africa pls take note. tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by dvee2: 10:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Some fools trying to make this out as a SA/Ngr issue. This is not about these countries, this is about a scandal of monumental proportion perpetrated by our Federal Government. Forget about politics,this is an impeachable offence in saner countries. How this will pass without head rolling beats my imagination.

1 Like

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Cannonleo(m): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
ObiOkpor:
goddamnit!!! you dumb bastard should just shut the hell up! or i will e-nail your ass to the wall. sad

Keep quiet and phonetically change ur name and nationality bloody anti nigerian.my nigeria is not a disgrace nd am proud of my green nd white...infact u haf better run off before I get my FN-FAL rifle for u.rubbish
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
Cannonleo:

Keep quiet and phonetically change ur name and nationality bloody anti nigerian.my nigeria is not a disgrace nd am proud of my green nd white...infact u haf better run off before I get my FN-FAL rifle for u.rubbish
Don't tell that to other countries's people who would brutalized your smelling a s s for failing to address the problems posed by some criminals from Nigeria. They are becoming unbearable! Something needs to be done before they get worse!

1 Like

Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by Cannonleo(m): 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
all4naija:
Don't tell that to other countries who would brutalized your smelling a s s for failing to address the problems posed by some criminals from Nigeria. They are becoming unbearable! Something needs to be done before they get worse!

Yes certainly u make a lot of sense.but the country is gud the problems are huge and the solvers are few.u nd I can start
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by daveemuobo(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
FG is buying weapons illegally.it only indicates a likely case of BokoHaram sponsorship.

Wake up oooooooo Nigerians.

"Singing the National Anthem"
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by zboyd: 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
What are some of the human rights abuses Nigeria is accused of committing by human rights groups?

Human Rights Abuses By The Nigerian Government

"US support for Nigeria in helping to locate the girls kidnapped by Boko Haram puts Washington in a challenging position. Nigeria's security forces do not have a great track record when it comes to human rights abuses."

Read more: http://www.dw.de/rights-abuses-complicate-us-support-for-nigeria/a-17648303 __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"An American law that prevents the United States from helping foreign security forces guilty of human rights abuses applies to parts of the Nigerian military but doesn’t affect U.S. efforts to find the girls kidnapped by Boko Haram, a senior State Department official said today."

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/05/nigerian-military-human-rights-abuses-wont-affect-american-search-assistance-official-says/
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Nigeria's human rights record remains poor and government officials at all levels continue to commit serious abuses."

Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Nigeria __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"The police regularly commit human rights violations, including unlawful killings, torture and other ill-treatment, and enforced disappearances. The justice system is under-resourced and riddled with delays."

Read more: http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/countries/africa/nigeria __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Amnesty International says it has found “gruesome” videos that it calls “graphic evidence of multiple war crimes being carried out in Nigeria.” The group also reports that Nigeria’s northern conflict continues to escalate, with more than 4,000 deaths this year alone."

Read more: http://www.voanews.com/content/amnesty-international-gruesome-videos-show-human-rights-abuses-in-nigeria/1971726.html __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"“People are living in a climate of fear and insecurity, vulnerable to attack from Boko Haram and facing human rights violations at the hands of the very state security forces which should be protecting them.”-Salil Shetty, Secretary General of Amnesty International.

"Amnesty said it had spoken to witnesses who described seeing people who were unarmed and lying down with their hands over their heads shot at close range by soldiers. In one case, a widow described how soldiers put a gun against her husband’s head three times and told him to say his last prayers before shooting him dead. They then burned down their home. She now fends for her seven children alone."

Read more: http://www.france24.com/en/20121101-nigeria-committing-human-rights-abuses-fight-against-islamists-boko-haram-oil/
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by zboyd: 2:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
What are the requirements regarding foreign currency when travellers enter South Africa?

Any amounts above $10,000 must be declared to customs on the DA331 Passenger declaration form. This applies to both South African residents and visitors. However if the amount is $10,000 or more, the amount must be declared. Failure to report when required can have stiff penalties such as seizure.
Re: South African Court Okays Seizure Of Nigeria’s $9.3m. by SenatorJames(m): 11:59am On Sep 24, 2014
Is it only dead person? They will soon start to summon animals, you will hear something like "The house committee on Enviroment has summoned some Fulani cows to come and clarify why they ate farmer's crop in Benue"
3rdeye1: Pls let them hold on to it! If it is returned, it will sure go into some alien account and nothing will heard of it. It is so bad that we have come to this level of 'dashing' out money to other countries in the face of abject poverty in our land. God bless Nigeria! Btw...have u noticed that our legislators can summon a dead person?
Naija I hail thee!

@Topic. If possible I will advise South Africa government to hold on to the money, establish some infrastructures and programmes to better the life of Nigerians over there. It will not have any impact on us, if they return the money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Sucked Aged Woman's Breast To Celebrate Mother's Day / 9 Little Things That Ruin Our Mood Every Damn Time / IQ Test: How Many Triangles Can You Find?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.