Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day (691 Views)

Barrack Obama's Grandmother Does A Victory Dance In Kenya(see Pics And Video) / Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day / Obama's Grandmother Dies Hours Before Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day by mrghost: 6:46am On Nov 04, 2008
HONOLULU – Barack Obama's grandmother, whose personality and bearing shaped much of the life of the Democratic presidential contender, has died, Obama announced Monday, one day before the election. Madelyn Payne Dunham was 86.

Obama announced the news from the campaign trail in Charlotte, N.C. The joint statement with his sister Maya Soetoro-Ng said Dunham died late Sunday at her Honolulu apartment after a battle with cancer.

"She's gone home," Obama said as tens of thousands of rowdy supporters at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte grew silent in an evening drizzle.

"And she died peacefully in her sleep with my sister at her side. And so there is great joy as well as tears. I'm not going to talk about it too long because it is hard for me to talk about."

"So many of us were hoping and praying that his grandmother would have the opportunity to witness her grandson become our next president," said Hawaii state Rep. Marcus Oshiro, an Obama supporter. "What a bittersweet victory it will be for him."

you can get the full news from http://barackobamaelected(dot)(com) NB:dot= .
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day by Raymond88(m): 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2008
Here's a sick thought that crossed my mind, what if he killed her to arouse sympathy from the general public?
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day by MrCrackles(m): 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2008
Raymond88:

Here's a sick thought that crossed my mind, what if he killed her to arouse sympathy from the general public?

nah chill bros!! grin
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day by plusQueen: 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2008
Raymond88:

What a sick individual you are
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day by Raymond88(m): 11:04pm On Nov 04, 2008
plus_Queen:

What a sick individual you are
Ugh! please have an open mind.
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day by uche77zero(m): 3:24pm On Nov 08, 2008
we thank god say no be Nigeria them for say the guy carry her do jazz to win election
may gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies Just Before Election Day by just1n(m): 6:52pm On Nov 08, 2008
uche77zero:

we thank god say no be Nigeria them for say the guy carry her do jazz to win election
may gentle soul rest in peace

true talk . . . shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Wonderful Thing Happen In The Life Of African Through Obama / Sir Mark Thatcher Said He Was A Spy For South Africans / Haitians In United States Illegally Can Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.