Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required (43950 Views)

Farmers Your Advice Is Needed Pls / See Gov. Rochas Okorocha Eating Cucumber In My Farm (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
The late rain has also be a very great blessing.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Kalusam(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
Murano ke? No wonder the price is that high...probably will ride a Murano months after planting it grin How are your Cucumber doing?
jethro2:

Technisem Murano 2F1 50g N5500 Hybrid

1 Like

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
Kalusam:
Murano ke? No wonder the price is that high...probably will ride a Murano months after planting it grin How are your Cucumber doing?
lol. That's how we saw the name ooo. The cucumber are doing great. Thank God. Rain has been helpful. They are preparing to spread. Our network has been dicey for me to attach pictures. I hope i will be able to do that soon. Hope your end is great
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
I planted about 10grams of the murano to compare with the marketer and pointsett. I will let you know the results when i finish harvesting. The cucumbers will be 3 weeks this Saturday

2 Likes

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2014
Cucumber at 2 weeks. This was taken last week saturday

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2014
I will get todays picture when i come back from the farm. Later today
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by christian11(m): 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
That spacing to me doesn't look like 1m by 1m, it rather looks like 1ft by 1ft. Right?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
kudos jethro.
what did u use for the elephat grass?

Am following this thread closely
@christian, metre and feet mistake is always an issue / mistake make by farmers. I made d same mistake in my plantain farm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by world1(m): 6:38am On Oct 19, 2014
My brother welldone. I love your work we can share experience in order to help intending farmers. I just planted the MARKETER variety in my farm.https://www.nairaland.com/1943206/thread-new-platain-cucumber-watermelon/1#27254127
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by mogentle(m): 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
@Jethro2, well done.
Pls, can you help remove the contact i gave you which you quoted on this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1918658/pls-where-get-water-melon#26588170
Just for privacy...thanks.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
I am not sure i understand what you are refering to? Who are you? How did you give me the contact? Please make me understand.
mogentle:
@Jethro2, well done.
Pls, can you help remove the contact i gave you which you quoted on this thread:
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 5:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
We are weeding to clear the grass. There are times the herbicides are not effective. [quote author=mercylicious post=27261575]kudos jethro.
what did u use for the elephat grass?
Am following this thread closely
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thank you sir. I planted marketer and pointsett on different farmland. Trying to compare the yield.
world1:
My brother welldone. I love your work we can share experience in order to help intending farmers. I just planted the MARKETER variety in my farm.https://www.nairaland.com/1943206/thread-new-platain-cucumber-watermelon/1#27254127
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
On a second thought, I think putting the contact no for people that needs the products will do the seller a lot of good cause he will have more customer for his products. Will still like to know how i got the no from you. Then i can decide
mogentle:
@Jethro2, well done.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Juliana7: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
@ jethro, awesome stuff u are doing here. Pls o, what type of herbiscide are u using dat is not harmful 2 ur cucumber
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 6:22am On Oct 20, 2014
We are not using herbicide. We will be weeding manually. We have not been able to find a selective herb for vegetables. Till then its manuall weeding.
Juliana7:
@ jethro, awesome stuff u are doing here. Pls o, what type of herbiscide are u using dat is not harmful 2 ur cucumber
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by bamdexfarms(m): 8:13am On Oct 20, 2014
Manual weeding? Won't that be stressful? Considering the space of the land.... Please jethro help throw more light.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by world1(m): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
bamdexfarms:
Manual weeding? Won't that be stressful? Considering the space of the land.... Please jethro help throw more light.
Great farmers .... Great Nation
No farmer .... No Nation
Stress- is our second name so if anyone tells you its easy please its a lie oooooooooo. But the money is so easy to spend.

I rep #teamnewgenerationfarmer#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by world1(m): 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
jethro2:
We are not using herbicide. We will be weeding manually. We have not been able to find a selective herb for vegetables. Till then its manuall weeding.
A friend told me today about a selective herbicide for cucumber so I will test it with a small potion of the farm and see what up next week.

1 Like

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
Yes it is extremely stressfull Weeding with hoe. There are still a lot of farming aspect in Nigeria that have not been mechanised yet. We hope to get there some day.
bamdexfarms:
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Pappyshoes(m): 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
good job
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2014
That will be great if it works. I would love to have the feed back of the result. Thank you
world1:

A friend told me today about a selective herbicide for cucumber so I will test it with a small potion of the farm and see what up next week.
That will be great if it works. I would love to have the feed back of the result. Thank you
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by mogentle(m): 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
jethro2:
On a second thought, I think putting the contact no for people that needs the products will do the seller a lot of good cause he will have more customer for his products. Will still like to know how i got the no from you. Then i can decide
No!! You got it wrong, I'm not talking of the seller's contact, I mean mine. Just click that link https://www.nairaland.com/1918658/pls-where-get-water-melon#26588170
and check my post that you quoted @8:52pm, my own contact is there. You can help remove it,.... Not Mr. Dayo's own. Thanks.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
Thank you.
Pappyshoes:
good job
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by mogentle(m): 11:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
@Jethro, thanks for your quick response.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
The murano species has an exceptional growth rate. It starts flowering at 4 weeks. The other species are just preparing. I will see how to attach the pics later.
Kalusam:
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Kalusam(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
That's good...no wonder the name. Will be expecting the pictures.
jethro2:
The murano species has an exceptional growth rate. It starts flowering at 4 weeks. The other species are just preparing. I will see how to attach the pics later.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Good job @ jethro
Patiently waiting for the harvest time....lol
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
The hybrid Cucumber (Murano F2) Flowering at 4 weeks

1 Like

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Good job @ jethro
Patiently waiting for the harvest time....lol
Thank you
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by world1(m): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2014
Am following you seriously
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
@Jethro, u too much.
I love murano.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World’s First Electric Driverless Tractors Launched (Pictures) / A Day Old Chicks (broiler, Pullet, Cockerel And Turkey) Are For Sale In Ibadan / This Long Python Was Killed On The Farm Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.